I

Let it rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Chapter 1;

 

"I'm so late" 

Chanyeol checked his wrist watch for the tenth time since he left his apartment, he was already forty five minutes late to his work at the hospital, not to mention this was the first day he officially started working there as a psychiatrist. His damned old hummer had to break down again and Chanyeol knew it was no other than his own fault for not taking it to repairs for such a long time, so here he was, walking to work.

Finally reaching the entrance gate of the hospital with an unsteady breath, Chanyeol struggled to find his access card from his pockets, cursing under his breath that this day couldn't get any more unlucky. Finally finding the card at the farthest end of his bag, he mentally scolded himself that when the hell did he drop that card there?

Pressing the card on the scanner, it identified him as 'Doctor Park Chanyeol' and the automatic voice inside the device said a 'Thank you'  before the door got unlocked and Chanyeol rushed inside.

A short fat nurse in white clothes rushed to Chanyeol's side as she saw the late doctor finally arrived the hospital "Dr Park! Finally, Where have you been? I thought you got lost." she said, walking beside the taller,

"Ugh I'm really sorry Miss Kim! My car broke down again and I had to walk all the way here"

"Oh I'm so sorry Doctor, though the bus stop is right in front of the hospital. I'm sure you could've easily gotten here if you took the bus"

Chanyeol gave her a small smile before lightly shaking his head and scrunching up his face "I don't take busses" he said firmly. Of course he wouldn't, not after that accident that happened to him all those years ago when he was just a young boy in his early twenties. It was all around the news for weeks; Of all those dead bodies and innocent souls whose lives darkened because of one drunk truck driver who was driving on the opposite direction of the road and hitting the bus Chanyeol was in.

"So what have we got today?" Chanyeol asked as he entered his office and picked his uniform from the hanger and wore the newly washed piece of clothing while putting his bag on his desk.

Miss Kim opened the file in her hand and started tracing on the patient names that were written in the papers "Well seems like you're lucky because despite being late, there hasn't been any major problems with the patients"

Chanyeol nodded his head "That's good to hear! You can rest assured though that it won't happen again" he chuckled and nurse smiled back at him politely. After talking for a little while, Miss Kim excused herself to go and check up on some of the patients and that she'd see Chanyeol later. 

Relaxing on his office chair, Chanyeol was checking the files were the patients' names were listed with their 3x4 pictures and some details about their illness. There was nothing specific really for Chanyeol about any of them, They were all just some poor innocent people who have lost their minds; Some due to some heavy stresses, some for abuses, and some for various tragedies and struggles they've faced.

Chanyeol would never pity a patient, nor treat them bad like some of his other colleagues who have completely forgotten that these people are flesh and blood just like them with broken souls. Chanyeol swore to himself that he'd never in any way treat a patient bad, not even when the patient took him up to his limit! And of course he'd marked to punish anyone who would in any way treat a patient in a way they didn't deserve.

He brought his gaze back to the profiles, some of them really were hard for Chanyeol to believe! Such lives. His job and the people around him had taught Chanyeol in everyway to be always grateful for what he had. Even with that horrible accident that he went through all those struggles to get to know the people who were in his life all along but he didn't remember anymore, he was still thankful that he was at least alive and breathing.

Some patients' biographies really made Chanyeol mentally scream but of course his job required him not to be emotionally effected by anything no matter what. Chanyeol learned that the hard way! Yet again, he couldn't just convice himself that These things are nothing.

 

Patient name: Oh Sehun

Gender: Male

Age: 19

Killed both his parents and dog by putting their house on fire. Gave himself up to the police the morning after.

Declared mentally diseased after medical examination.

 

Patient name: Xi Luhan 

Gender: Male

Age: 23

Abused and orphaned by his parents, Their identities remain unknown. 

and ually harassed several times in the streets and orphanages. Lost his mind one night when was being by orphanage's cleaning staff.

 

Chanyeol's breath got hitched by the information, how cruel, he rubbed his his temple and took a deep breath before moving to the other patient,

 

Patient name: Byun Baekhyu--

 

*Ring*

 

Chanyeol mentally jumped by the sound of his cell phone ringing in his pocket. He closed the file and put it aside before rubbing his eyes, his ringtone still echoing all around the room. Letting out a heavy breath, he reached his front pocket and took it out "Yes hello?"

'Hey Baby did you arrive at work? I was worried you'd get in trouble'

"Hey Yuri. Don't worry honey everything's fine, it really was time I got that car to repairs" Chanyeol lightly chuckled,

'Honey you could always buy a new car, it's not like you don't have enough money for it' Yuri said on the other line,

Chanyeol sighed "Baby we've talked about this. I know you don't like my car cause it's a bit old but-- please, somehow I just-- you know how important it is for me"

He heard his girlfriend sighing on the other line 'I know, I know... You feel like it's an important souvenir from your past. though you know you could always use a car next to it'

Chanyeol chuckled "I know baby, thanks for the advice, but seriously I don't know myself, I must've really loved the car before I-- You know"

'I know baby, just don't talk about those days and make us both sad.. ugh I don't even wanna think about it! So how's work?'

"Well I was jus--"  Chanyeol stopped as his beeper vibrated on his desk, indicating that he was immediately needed in cell 32 "Baby I'm gonna have to call you back" he quickly said and without waiting for her girlfriend's reply, he jumped from his seat and ran along the halls.

 

"Stay away from me. STAY AWAY, I'm a wushu master I could kill you all with a blink of an eye... DON'T COME ANY CLOSER"

"Tao! Please calm down dear. Now slowly give me the broom" A nurse tried to approach the black haird boy who was holding a long broom as if it was a Wushu stick.

He held out his left hand in front of her in defense and shot death glares at her "Stand back, Or you'll all die by my hands" He screamed and started rolling the broom in his hands. The nurses all backed away so that the broom wouldn't hit their faces, muttering to each other 'He's at it again' or 'Where the hell did he find that broom?'

Chanyeol quickly rushed through them to see what was going on "What is it? What is it?" He came to stand next to miss Kim and looked in front of him to see a thin boy with his bare feet standing in front of the nurses who had formed a circle around him to prevent his escape.  Chanyeol noticed bags under the boy's eyes that were looking dangerously at anyone who attempted to take any step near him.

"I remember this patient when you were showing me around! What was his name?"

Miss Kim sighed in irritation "That's Tao, The trouble maker of the hospital" she mumbled "There's really no guarantee he wouldn't kill you with that broom stick right now"

"I'll handle it. He's just scared" Chanyeol said and took a step forward towards the boy. Miss Kim quickly grabbed the taller's arm and turned him around to face her "What are you doing? Just wait a little, this is always the way we handle him"

Chanyeol frowned "What do you do?"

"We wait for him to get distracted and then we all jump on him to get whatever he finds to hold as a Wushu stick then inject him--"

"--What? No, N-no that's unacceptable. I'll handle it"

"DR Park"

"Please everyone, give us some space" Chanyeol said. The others gave the new doctor a weird look before slowly backing off one by one. Miss Park gave a last worried look at Chanyeol before taking backwards steps as well.

After taking a few steps forward Chanyeol was stopped by Tao "Stand back you cruel beast! You will pay for all the lives you took"

"Tao, Don't you recognize me? We fight on the same side, we're not enemies" Chanyeol brought his hands up, smiling softly at the boy. Tao looked up and down to Chanyeol and took a few steps back "Why should I believe you?"

"Because I know your name! If we were enemies, we'd be strangers, right?" Chanyeol didn't lose his smile, it even got bigger when he noticed that Tao was starting to calm down a little,

"B-But how come I don't know you?" Tao got back to his defensive state and raised an eyebrow. Chanyeol gasped "Taozi, I'm heartbroken. You don't recognize your best friend? Chanyeol?"

"Taozi?" Tao whispered and his gaze fell down. When was the last time someone had called him that? Where was he? What was he doing here? His knees were starting to tremble.

Taking advantage, Chanyeol took slow steps towards the younger and slowly grabbed the broom from his hand and threw it aside "Oh Taozi look! You're injured! Let me treat your wound, May I?" he smiled sweetly at Tao who just looked up at him with teary eyes and slowly nodded,

"Good" Chanyeol smiled and turned back to Miss Kim who was smiling at him and slowly approached him to hand in the injection needle, Chanyeol took it and turned to smile at Tao "This won't hurt at all" he whispered and injected the needle into Tao's arm. With the strong effect of the drug, Tao's eyes started to get heavy "Ch-Chanyeol.. I feel sleepy" he mumbled,

Chanyeol smiled and patted the latter's head, holding him tight so the latter wouldn't fall on the ground "It's just the drug Tao! We'll be back at the camp once you wake up" he soothed and Tao's eyes were shut closed. Chanyeol quickly grabbed him and placed him on the wheelchair the nurses brought "I'll check on him in a few hours, Take care of him" he said and the nurses nodded as they pushed the wheelchair back to Tao's cell.

 

"I must say, that was very impressive! Tao never actually listens to anyone" Miss Kim said as he was walking with Chanyeol to the hospital's cafetaria for a hot cup of black coffee,

Smiling, Chanyeol shook his head "These are just s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter