We Need Each Other

When The Sun Sets Red

Chayeon’s POV

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” I heard Tae unnie scream and I rushed out to see what happened. I was surprised when Taeyeon ran toward me and pushed me back into her room. She locked the door behind her.

“Yah, Kim Taeyeon! Open this door! Don’t bring Chayeon into this!” That was Tiffany unnie’s voice. “Kim Taeyeon!”

“I will never give up!” Taeyeon screamed back. “YOU WILL NEVER HAVE MY DOOKONGS!”

Taeyeon sighed. “I guess I have to stay in here until Ppany calms down.” She sighed again and saw that I was standing beside her. “Omo! You scared me!” “Sorry,” I said and backed away.

“Sit,You have a lot of explaining to do. You might as well start talking, it takes a while for Ppany to cool down.”

“ Okay, where do you want be to start?” I asked as I sat back on her bed.

“From the beginning.” She sat next to me.

I told her of my time on the Star. How each day was filled with the Shining, and watching the humans on Earth. I also told her about my dream to become human and that I ran away from my Father, The Sun. I told her the real reason that I fell on Sica was that I was going to fast I couldn’t stop myself and the impact knocked me out.

“So, you’re telling me that you are the daughter of the Sun…” I nodded. She furrowed her eyebrows. “The big ball of gas up there billions of kilometers from here?”

I nodded again. “Well I guess you could say that my Dad is a big ball of gas. He farts a lot.”

“What makes you think that I’ll believe you?”

“Because you need me.” I said.

“Why would I need you?” Her voice turned cold.

“That man you saw today, he wasn’t a human. He was my Dad’s fighter, a Shooting Star. By the looks of him, I say he was only a soldier. We were lucky we didn’t face a Major or a whole army of them. If we did you would be dead and I would be back on the Sun. But who knows what that one soldier could have communicated to the rest of the army. He could have gotten you already on their top priority list because they know that you were in contact with me. They will come find you and probably your group, too.”

“You’re lying,” She was close to tears. “You’re crazy! Even if it was true, why don’t you just go home!?”

I was shocked. I didn’t think that going home would solve any problems for me. But it might for them. I didn’t want any of them to get hurt. But there was no guarantee that The Shooting Stars would leave them alone. It might end like that time…

“Yah, leave,” I heard her say, and it snapped me back to reality.

“I can’t.”

“Why? I want you to leave me and my girls alone, we have nothing to do with this.”

“I can’t because I might be the only thing that standing between you, your girls, and certain death,” I said quietly only enough for her to hear. I looked into Taeyeon’s teary eyes. I saw a mix between realization, shock, fear, and anger.

“Why are you doing this?”

“I didn’t mean to. It just happened, I’m sorry,” I apologized. I stood up and left the room. As I was closing the door, Taeyeon pulled me back in, turning me to face her.

“Okay, here is what you are going to do for me. And I’m begging you. Please protect us,” she pleaded.

“Why wouldn’t I? Being with you and your group makes me at least somewhat human, right?” I could tell that she was shocked, as if she didn’t expect me to say that.

“The moment I left the Sun and came here, I was already tied to you and you are now tied to me. We need each other, me to at least feel human and you for my protection. So, please take care of me, sunbae.” I bowed 90 degrees. When I came back up, Tae suddenly engulfed me in a hug.

“Thank you. From me and my girls. Please, don’t let them die…”

“I promise that I won’t,” I said. I definitely won’t let these girls die. Even though I only met them yesterday, I can feel somewhat human, somewhat a part of their family. They have given me more than I can give back, but I have to at least try to repay their kindness.

Sorry guys! Author didn’t have time in Canada to write but I’ll use my memory to write!  But, while I was there, I saw a girl that look really similar to Suzy from Miss A. The resemblance was scary! Anyway I think that I’ll need at least one more chapter until the one in Canada. Sorry *Author bows 90 degrees*

-Carmek