Aegyo Lesson

When The Sun Sets Red

Eventide's POV

 

Kwon Chayeon is what my name became from that moment on. I was happy with it. I had a name that I could use with other humans and not get noticed. My story was that I was from America attending school in Korea. When I was back home, I like to watch people in their everyday lives. Whichever side of the Earth was facing the Sun I watched. While watching, I picked up some laguages, one of them was English.

I was intoduced to the other members and I found out that they were famous singers here in a group called Girls' Generation or SNSD.

"So, Chayeon, how old are you?" Seohyun asked.

'I'm a lot older than you are,' I thought. Maybe I'll just take off a few numbers to my age.

"I'm sixteen," I answered. 'More or less. I can give and take a few years.' I thought.

"Oh, okay, you can call us your unnies then, arraso?" Hyoyeon said. I nodded.

Since I had never been away from the Sun before, I've never heard of SNSD. I loved music and I was thrilled when SNSD asked me if I wanted to become a trainee. I said yes with no hesitation. I would love it if I did what SNSD did for a living. It would be fun.  All the members were very friendly and open, except Taeyeon. She was still very distant with me. I wanted to become closer with her but I didn't know how. It's hard becoming closer with someone that hates you.

"Chayeon, can you sing and dance?" Jessica asked. I only knew traditional songs from the Sun.

"Umm.. Yes do you want me to song for you?" I asked. They all nodded, except for Taeyeon who was standing in the corner.

I took a deep breath, the only Earth song that I knew was Destiny's Child's Stand Up for Love because that was how I felt on the Sun, so I learned the song out of the way I was feeling. I closed my eyes.

 

There are times I find it hard to sleep at night
We are living through such troubled times
And every child that reaches out for someone to hold
For one moment they become my own

 

And how can I pretend that I don’t know what’s going on?
When every second of every minute another soul is gone

And I believe that in my life I will see
An end to hopelessness
Of giving up
Of suffering

I hope that this day will come soon...

Then we all stand together this one time
Then no one will get left behind
And stand up for life
Stand up and hear me sing

Please hear me...

I'm inspired and hopeful each and everyday
That's how I know that things are gonna change

So how can I pretend that I don’t know what’s going on?
When every second of every minute
Another soul is gone

I had to stand and watch people die every day.

And I believe that in my life I will see
An end to hopelessness
Of giving up
Of suffering

If we all stand together this one time
Then no one will get left behind
Stand up for life

Stand up with me...

And it all starts right here
And it starts right now
One person stand up
And the rest will follow
For all the forgotten
For all the unloved
I'm gonna sing this song

And I believe that in my life I will see
An end to hopelessness
Of giving up
Of suffering

 

If we all stand together this one time
Then no one will get left behind
Stand up for life
Stand up and sing
Stand up for love
For love
For love

I'll do this for love.

"Wow! That was amazing! Daebak! Jjang!" Tiffany exclaimed.

"I don't think that you'll have any trouble training here," said Yuri.

"Thank you," I said.

 ---------------------

 

"Chayeon-ah, do you have a place to stay?" Sooyoung asked.

"Other than the school dorm, no I don't," I answered. I didn't think about that when I left the Sun. I didn't even have any clothes! I frowned. "What do I do?"

"It's okay, you can use the trainee's dorms. And you'll have to transfer to Kent International School. That's where you are supposed to go anyway," Yuri said.

"O-Okay..." I still didn't know what to do about my clothes though. I couldn't fly back to the Sun, The Earth's atmosphere is really hard to break, there wasn't enough distance from the ground to the upper atmosphere to gain enough speed. Even if I could, once I reach the Sun I could get caught. I would have to ask SNSD for money. "Um... Tiffany unnie, I have no clothes..."

I looked down in embaressment. I didn't want to ask them for money but I had to.

"How do you not have clothes? What did you wear to school everyday?" Yoona asked, eyebrow raised.

"Well..." I didn't think of a reason. I had to think quickly. "I just wore my school uniform everywhere. I never changed and I washed my uniform every night?"

" Oh I see... Girls, I guess we have work to do!" Tiffany said.

"Unnie, inside voice please," Seohyun said.

"Seohyun-ah~, mianhe~" Tiffany said with a really high pitched voice. She gave Seohyun her eye smile. The members laughed at Seohyun's disgusted face. Tiffany pouted.

"Unnie, please don't use your aegyo."

The others were laughing and making fun of Tiffany when I turned and noticed that Taeyeon was by herself in the corner with her head down. I figured that this was probably the only time that I could make up with her. I walked over slowly. She sensed my presense and her head jerked up. She stared at me and sighed.

"I'm sorry," we said at the same time.

"What?" we said again.

"Stop that."

"No, you stop."

"Fine, you go first."

"I said, you go first."

I sighed and covered .

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to fall into Jessica. It was an accident, I swear. Please forgive me."

I looked at her with pleading eyes but she gave me a blank stare.

'Maybe if I used aegyo like Tiffany unnie did then she would wake up,' I thought.

"Taeyeon unnie~ Foregive me~ Please~" I said.

 

"What the heck?! Yah! Hwang Miyoung! What on earth did you teach this innocent child!?" Taeyeon cried. She started to chase Tiffany around.

I was too shocked to do anything.

"Yah! Kwon Chayeon! What did you show her that made her chase me?!" Tiffany asked when Taeyeon stopped chasing her. Taeyeon was on the floor lying on her back panting for air, too tired to answer.

"I just did what you did to Seohyun unnie," I replied. I really didn't see what was so bad about it. if Tiffany unnie was able to do it freely, why couldn't I?

 "Oh! That's why!" Hyoyeon unnie exclaimed.

The others burst into laughter once again. Jessica walked over to me and placed her hands on my shoulders.

"Chayeon, that is called aegyo. You do it to be cute," Jessica said with a serious expression. I still didn't understand why I couldn't do it though.

"Why can't I do it?" I frowned. I didn't understand what was so bad about aegyo that I can't do it to Taeyeon unnie.

"You  can do it, it's just..."Jessica paused. She turned to the other members. "Guys, I don't know how to explain this!"

Sunny walked over and said, "If you want to do aegyo properly you have to do it like me! Let me show you."

 

Taeyeon stood up and grabbed Sunny by the collar. "Lee Sungkyu! WHY ARE YOU TEACHING HER THIS!"

Sunny just laughed, then, when Taeyeon finally let her go...

 

"Yah!" Taeyeon looked tired but she chased Sunny around the practice room anyway. I just stood there and watched again. I sighed.

'I guess I'm never going to learn why doing aegyo is a bad thing.'

"No! Chayeon, Sunny is teaching you all wrong, it's like this," Yoona said as she aproached me. "You have to do it like this instead!"

 

"Yah! Yoona!" Sooyoung walked to Yoona with narrowed eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Meow! How dare you teach that to Chayeon!" Yoona looked at Sooyoung with surprise. Then she burst out laughing. Even Taeyeon had stopped chasing Sunny and curled up into a ball on the floor laughing. I laughed along clutching my stomach. I was surprised to see Taeyeon walk over to me, still laughing, then drag me away from Sooyoung and Yoona.

"Sooyoung! Yoona! Don't teach my dongsaeng stuff like that!" She said as hugged me protectivly from the side. She then turned to me and said,"It's okay, Chayeonnie. I forgive you. But I'm really the one that is supposed to ask you for forgivness, I was too harsh." She gave me a bright smile then hugged me again. I was shocked at her sudden forgiveness but also my new nickname, but I hugged her back. I was happy that I had a nickname. I felt more human than ever.

"I forgive you," I whispered in her ear.

 

 

Second Chapter complete! I decided to play with the pictures and gifs in this chapter. I hope that's okay. >.<