It's Too Late

I Miss You, I Love You.

Kris hated being gone from Tao for more than a day; he could hardly stomach being gone this long. He sighed and stood from his bed, walking over to the window. He wanted to return home badly, but he had been unable to for a while. Kris began to feel as if he would never return home. He began thinking about how Tao would feel. The poor boy cried whenever something remotely meaningful happened. Kris imagined that Tao would be in pieces without him there. Kris sighed, he grabbed his phone and tried turning it on; nothing.

"Useless piece of !!"

Kris grumbled.

"Drop this useless thing in some water and all of a sudden it decided to be a and break..."

He threw the phone on the bed and groaned, sitting back down. He covered his face with his hands and sighed deeply. He looked up at his laptop and got up, checking weibo. Nothing from Tao recently, that wasn't good. He couldn't keep still, he kept getting up and walking around his hotel room. He wanted to go home.Kris got an idea and ran over to the bed; he grabbed the hotel phone and stared at the numbers. He groaned.

"! What was Tao's number? I can't remember!"

He slammed the phone back down and left the hotel room, grabbing his wallet and keys on the way out. He decided to pay a visit home, not caring that it was close to one in the morning. He left and drove back to the dorm. Kris got out his car and looked up at the building. Every light was out. He walked inside and went upstairs to his bedroom to find Tao. 

Kris opened the door to his bedroom and found the other members asleep, but his bed empty. He walked to Tao, Xiumin, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun's bedroom. He looked at the beds, he saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun close together, Xiumin's bed was empty and Tao was asleep in the bed closest to the door. He looked at his boyfriend.

Kris walked closer and the lamp near Tao's bed, he looked through the dim light at Tao's face. He had been crying again. Kris felt bad for leaving Tao for so long, but the drive took hours between cities and Kris couldn't work and visit in the same day. 

He looked Tao over, apparently Tao had been too tired to dress after his shower because he was wearing one of Kris' shirts and just his underwear. Kris chuckled quietly, he noticed Ace in Tao's arms. He sighed softly and leaned down, putting his hand over Tao's. 

"ZiTao...I'm so sorry I can't see you at normal hours, I guess four in the morning is the only time I get. I'm sorry I'm not here often...but I love you and I miss you....I really do"

Kris leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on Tao's cheek. He smiled as he saw Tao smile softly and hug Ace a little tighter. He ran his fingers through Tao's hair and smiled. Kris always loved watching Tao sleep, but he had to leave.

"Ah....Tao, I'll be back as soon as I can. I promise." 

Kris stood up, he looked around and chuckled. He took off his bracelet and slid it onto Tao's hand, he leaned down and pecked Tao's cheek one last time before leaving the dorm and driving back to his dorm.