It Seems Like Forever

I Miss You, I Love You.

"I'll be back soon, ZiTao...I love you"

Those words; they seemed like they were said ages ago in Tao's mind. Kris had only been gone a few weeks but the loneliness was quickly getting to him. He had gotten used to sleeping in Kris' arms, his hands cupped inside Kris' slightly larger hands. He remembered how whenever he would roll over on his bed, the second pillow smelled of Kris. Now it didn't. Now ever essence of Kris had left Tao's bedroom and that made him sad for some sort of reason. Tao felt lonely, he felt horrible. He felt like he had during the training years, he was picked on, he was excluded because of his short training period...but the only differernce was, even then, Kris was beside him. 

Baekhyun had noticed that Tao was acting strangely since Kris left. At first he tried to ignore it by spending more time with Chanyeol, but now Baekhyun started to feel bad about how Tao was. He hardly saw him now, if Tao wasn't practing the dances for Wolf and Growl, he was off on his own doing Wushu. He felt as if he needed to do something to make Tao happy; or at least happier than he was now. 

Tao sat alone outside while the other 10 members sat together in a group, eating lunch. He sighed and picked at his food, normally he would share it with Kris but now he didn't know what to do with the extra; his appetite was gone. 

"Hey, Yeollie...why is Tao alone?"

"Huh? Ah...Baek I don't know. Invite him over if you want."

"I think I'll go do that. Be right back~"

Baekhyun stood and pecked Chanyeol's cheek, he ran over to Tao. Baekhyun crouched down and smiled over at the young man.

He surely looks sad.... Baekhyun thought.

"Hey, Tao!"

".....Hi Baekhyun..."

"Mm...Do you want to go sit with Chanyeol and I? We're having a lot of fun."

"Not really. I'll just stay here. Thank you though."

Baekhyun stood up and sighed, he walked back over to Chanyeol and sat down.

"He didn't want to come over."

"I thought he wouldn't"

"Then why didn't you say so?!"

"Because I thought that maybe you could get him here. He's closer to you than any one else here."

"Yeollie, you're confusing the hell out of me."

Chanyeol laughed and turned to Baekhyun.

"Baek, don't worry about it; and about Tao. He's a strong boy, let's see how he holds up."

"But..."

"If he needs someone, he'll go to you. So just wait a while."

Baekhyun looked over at Tao who was now packing his rice into a ball and rolling it through soy sauce. He sighed and turned to Chanyeol and the others, continuing his lunch. He tried to keep his mind off of M's Maknae, but he was always in the back of his mind. He wanted to do something to help but he never knew what to do with Tao. Baekhyun looked up at Tao as he passed the members, throwing away almost a full plate of food; surprising everyone.

"You aren't hungry?" Kai asked.

"Tao, why didn't eat?" Luhan added.

"Are you okay? Need me to cook for you? Do you not like it?" D.O asked.

Tao looked over at them and shook his head, he gave a weak smile and turned away, walking inside. Baekhyun frowned and leaned against Chanyeol. He felt bad for Tao; he knew how much Tao tried to show a happy face around everyone. Everyone knew how sensitive he was and everyone knew how he would be feeling without Kris around, that's why they said for Kris to hurry back and pay plenty of visits. So far...Kris hadn't even shown the slighest sign of returning soon. Baekhyun started to worry about Tao; he had no idea what the man would be doing alone. 

Baekhyun tried his hardest not to intervene and stayed away from Tao unless he was needed. Tao isolated himself from the members pretty well. He would stay around the manager or in the practice room doing wushu or dances. Tao looked like a lost panda ninety percent of the time. 

By bedtime, Baekhyun had almost forgotten about lunch. He squirmed close to Chanyeol in their room and tried to sleep. He looked back at Xiumin's empty bed and Tao's empty bed. Xiumin sleeps in Luhan's bedroom and Tao was always in Kris' room with Kris; unless Tao was injured, or the two were cuddling, which was usually in the daytime. 

Baekhyun was almost asleep when Chanyeol got up to take a shower; he rolled over and watched Chanyeol leave. Baekhyun closed his eyes and pulled the covers up to his shoulders. He didn't bother to open his eyes as he heard someone enter the room. He figured it was Chanyeol and just tried to get some sleep. 

"G-Gege...?"

Baekhyun opened his eyes and looked up at the door. He saw Tao standing quietly, holding Ace delicately in one hand and wiping his teary eyes with the other. Baekhyun sat up and sighed, opening his arms. Tao slowly walked over and got on his knees, sliding into Baekhyun's embrace. Tao started crying. Baekhyun didn't know exactly what to do so he patted Tao's back softly.

"What's wrong, Tao?"

"I...I miss Kris."

"He hasn't called you?"

"I haven't heard a word from him since he left! I'm really worried about him!"

"Calm down Tao...he's okay."

"B-Baekhyun...what if Kris doesn't love me anymore? What if he doesn't care about me?"

"I'm sure he does, Tao. He's just busy..."

Baekhyun hugged Tao closer and looked up at Chanyeol as he walked in. He let Tao be close and cry on his shoulder. Baekhyun looked towards Chanyeol as he walked over. Chanyeol leaned close and whispered in Baekhyun's ear.

"Do whatever Tao asks you to do. Okay? He needs the love."

Baekhyun nodded and looked at the maknae. He pulled out of the hug and smiled at Tao, wiping his tears. Tao looked down and kept wiping his eyes, attempting to stop his crying.

"Baekhyun gege...?"

"Hmn? Yeah, Tao?"

"Can I sleep in here with you guys? The other bedroom makes me lonely without Kris."

Baekhyun looked to Chanyeol and smiled when Chanyeol nodded.

"Of course you can. Chanyeollie and I would love to sleep in here with you."

"Why don't you hug Baekhyun when you sleep, Tao? Maybe it'll make you feel better, you know how cuddly Baek is!"

Tao smiled a little over at Chanyeol and hugged Baekhyun tightly, falling back onto his actual bed and cuddling him immediately. He smiled wider and buried his face into Baekhyun's chest. Baekhyun began to smile, seeing that Tao was smiling he felt better. 

"Tao, I'll be here whenever you need me, okay?"

Tao nodded and hugged Baekhyun close, he closed his eyes. He was a little sad that it wasn't Kris he was holding, but he was glad that he had someone to love on. 

"Thank you, Baekhyun. Thank you Chanyeol."

"You're welcome, just don't steal my Baek from me."

Tao chuckled and nodded again. Baekhyun smiled over at Chanyeol and held out his hand. Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand and closed his eyes. The three boys went to sleep like that, Chanyeol and Baekhyun holding hands, and Tao hugging Baekhyun's waist and sleeping like a baby for the first night in weeks.