+ The starting (The Sky)

♕ Symeria Familia || Two Spots OPEN for Thunder and Rain


“Princess, your parents would like to see you in the library,” the old man that was in his late 50’s said after entering the room.

The only occupant in the room, a dark-brown hair girl, looked up from reading the book in her hands and over at the butler. It’s already midnight, she thought, why would they need to see me at this time? Eyeing the butler from head to toe, she sighed softly when she realized that he wasn’t going to tell her anything more and stood up, closing the book and settling it down on the small table next to her. Lazily, she stretched and got up from the chair before heading out of the room, the old man closing her doors behind her.

It wasn’t long of a walk before she stopped in front of a room, knocking on it twice before pushing it open.

“There you are, Miseul, come on in. We need to have a word with you,” a well built man spoke from where he sat, his eyes twinkling with excitement. He was a man already in his late 50’s but just looking at him like that, one would never have guessed that from his complexion. 

The girl simply responded with a nod and took a seat facing her parents, resisting the urge to roll her eyes at them when she saw how her mom, an elegant woman, was sitting next to her dad and reading a newspaper with their legs lapped onto each other.

“What is it Father?” Miseul asked in her usual nonchalant tone, she’s got a bad feeling about this.

“Well, Miseul, your parents isn’t getting any younger and you’re not a child anymore,” her father said, stopping for a moment to hold her mother’s hand before continuing, “the family can wait no longer. It’s time for you to take my place as the Boss of the family.”

Miseul snorted, she should have predicted that this was coming.

“No,” she simply answered. At that, her mother looked up from the newspaper she was reading.

“Miseul, we have been over this too many times to keep track of, just listen to your Father, dear,” Her mother said sternly though still keeping that tone she love to call it as caring.

“And Mother, you should know my answer to this and you should know better than anyone. I won’t do it, I do not want to and you can’t make me!” Miseul protested, crossing her arms across her chest in frustration and looking away.

“Young lady, listen to your parents for once!” Her Father shouted back at her sternly.

At that, Miseul snapped her head back, staring at her parents. “No!” she shouted as tears started filling her eyes, “For 22 years, 22 freaking years, I’ve been listening, following your words and orders as you always wanted. I have enough of this crap. Everywhere I go, whatever I do, people only refer to me as your daughter, the sole ‘Princess’ of the family. Nobody saw me for who I am! They simply think that the only reason I was on top was simply because I am YOUR daughter. I hate it. this, I’m not taking in such insults any longer!”

Seeing how her parents expressions were now one of shocked, She paused for a second, only to catch her breath before continuing.

“No more insults, no more people talking behind my back,” she stated, “and especially, no more telling me what to do for god’s sake! If I’m going to be on top, it’ll be by my own effort, not as your daughter!”

There was silence in the room for awhile as her parents digested in what Miseul had just said while Miseul simply continued sitting there, staring at them, looking absolutely livid.

“So? What are you going to do young lady? Start up your own family?” Her father asked, half jokingly and sarcastically and the other half, serious.

“If that’s what it takes, yes, that’s what I’ll do. I’m going to start up a new family. A new family that will be under my own management and I’ll lead it until it becomes the family that will surely surpass this family,” Miseul stated, her voice filled with determination.

“Starting and managing a family is no child’s play, it’s a serious and one hell of a job,” Her father said, eyeing his daughter seriously.

“Then I’ll take the risk.”

Her father stayed silent for awhile as he looked into his own daughter’s eyes. He had no idea whether to laugh or not, as her eyes reminded him of how he used to be. So young, so determined, he thought.

“Okay then, you may do as you please. But, on one simply condition.” Her father stated, the sides of his lips curling up to form what seemed to be a small smile, “You’ll start up this family with absolutely no resource provided from us, and you’ve got a maximum time of 6 years. 6 years to make sure that your family is on the top in this field. If your family doesn’t make it by that time, you will have to come back and take the spot of this family as the boss.”

Miseul was stunned, all sorts of thoughts going through her head. No resources? How is she going to start up the family?! Nothing at all and to even surpass in 6 years, most family took 20 years or so!

“6 years?” Miseul repeated.

“Yes, take it or leave it. It’s your choice,” her father smirked as he looked on at Miseul biting her lips while she contemplated on the possibilities.

“Okay, I’ll take the offer,” Miseul said after some time, the moment those words were out of , she felt as if two giant boulders had fell on her shoulders.

“Very well then, I’ll be watching. I’ll also be waiting for the time when you come back to be the boss.”

“I promise you,” Miseul said as she stood up and started heading towards the door, “that time will never come. I’ll work my off if it’s what it takes. I’ll build up a family that will blow your mind, father.” With that, she headed out of the room and off to plan.

“I believe you will, you’re my daughter after all,” he simply stated as he looked at the disappearing shadows of his daughter.