+ The Survivor (The Lightning)

♕ Symeria Familia || Two Spots OPEN for Thunder and Rain

 


Sounds of plates been broken and an awful stench could be detected all over the average-size apartment. The young blond lad had his head spinning quite hard when he saw the condition of the place that has been his home for the past 3 years. Smokes came out from the kitchen along with the stench and lucky for him the sprinklers didn’t work or the whole place would be more chaotic than it already is.

He walked off to the kitchen and turned off the gas stove and the pot that contained something that doesn’t look even close to being edible was sent of flying into the trash bin. Whatever in that pot will never be edible and the white metal pot itself is no longer usable judging from the burn that it received.

The lad let out a sigh as he walked over to the white-painted door of a bedroom that was only a few foot away from the kitchen. The culprit that is majorly responsible for all of this mess surely can be found in the room.

“Xiu Ran! I am only going to give you 3 seconds to get out of the room and explain to me what all of these mess was for.” The occupant of the room that is now known as Xiu Ran stepped out of the room with her head hanged low.

“I was only trying to help around with the house chores and well, I guess I tried to cook too.” The lad just sighed when he got the explanation he needed.

“I know you meant well but we all know that you are a disaster in the kitchen. I already told you thousands of times before, I can do it by myself.”

“But Henry! I was only trying to help. You locked yourself in your room doing your thing with your computer for days. I was only trying to lighten the load.” Henry’s face soften when he got the explanation he needed.

“Okay. I’m sorry but next time, never get yourself involve in the kitchen without my supervision okay? it’s lucky enough that we only lost a pot this time unlike last time when you blasted off the kitchen trying to fry an egg.” Xiu Ran nodded and a smile was soon carved back on the young lady’s innocent yet cheeky features.


 

Its been a few hours since the two finished up cleaning up the mess that Xiu Ran had made and as for now, Xiu Ran was glued onto the couch in the living room and watching some dramas on TV while Henry was busy doing his own thing with his laptop. The sound of the doorbell made the two looked at each other and Xiu Ran finally got up to answer the door as Henry himself was so absorbed with his work.

When she opened the door, she was greeted with a two young lady maybe a few years older than Xiu Ran herself. One has a cold, bossy feel to herself along with a serious mood plastered on her face while the other one was smiling and a cozy and warm aura emitted from her.

“Yes, can I help you two?” ask Xiu Ran to the two strangers that were standing in front of her door.

“Well, we need to know one thing. Does Henry lives here?” ask the one with the cold aura and Xiu Ran eyes looked at her with confusion. Who are these people and why are they asking for Henry?

“He’s busy. Bye.” Without even waiting for a respond from the two, Xiu Ran impolitely slammed the door to the two. After she was done with that, she walked over to the living room and resume the activity she had done just before she was told to get the door.

“Who was at the door just now?” ask Henry who is still engrossed with his laptop and didn’t even bothered to lift his head to Xiu Ran.

“Some strange women who ask for you.” Xiu Ran’s reply made Henry jerked his head up. He looked at Xiu Ran skeptically and a hint of confusion.

“And where they are now?”

“Probably still at the door after I slammed it in front of their faces a few seconds ago.” Henry could only sigh at Xiu Ran’s explanation. Slowly, he out down his laptop and heads towards to the door and just as he assumed, there stood Miseul and Qian still a bit stunned by Xiu Ran’s action just now.

“Sorry for what had happened just now. You have to forgive her. She is a bit young and also a bit clueless.”

“No biggie. So, may we come in?” Henry nodded as he showed his two guests the way in.

Xiu Ran just stared at Henry’s guest with not even an expression on her face. When the two ladies sat down on a couch close to her, her attention was still on the TV and when Henry cleared his throat, Xiu Ran immediately understand the signal as she heads towards the kitchen.

“Wait, where are you going now?”

“Kitchen. To make some tea for your guests.” Henry seemed a bit flustered with Xiu Ran’s answer as he just shoved Xiu Ran to his room and told her to play anything on his computer while he sat with the guests.

“Meanie.” Though, Henry just ignored the remark from the girl. As Henry left to talk to both Qian and Haneul, a devious grin formed on Xiu Ran’s face. There is no way she would be left in curiosity about whatever Henry was talking to the Haneul and Qian. By letting the door slightly ajar, she stayed quiet so that she could hear what they were talking about. It is a good thing the living room was near to Henry’s room and she could hear the conversation crystal clear.

“So, what brings you two here? Kris called me a few hours beforehand telling me his sister wants to see me.”

Qian exchanged glances with Miseul and soon the matter that they wanted to know is finally out of the box.

“We would like to know, do you happen to know where the survivor of the family of the famous thieves, the Lu family is at now?” that left Xiu Ran a bit stunned. Lu family? Thieves? That’s her family.  And survivor? That would be none other than her. Why would these strangers wants to know about her where bouts?

“Why do you want to know. And as far as we all know, there are no survivors from the Lu clan after the great fire that perished the entire family. You two should know this story better than I do.” Still, with a poker face Henry answered to both of the ladies.

“Please don’t lie to us Henry. As the main data tracker and informer if the underground world, you certainly have heard about the rumor of the survivor of the incident. We just need you to tell us where the last daughter of the clan is at now.” Qian furrowed her eyebrows in distressed since Henry seemed a bit unwilling to tell them what he knew.

Just as Henry was about to answer, Xiu Ran came out from the room and asked a question directed to Haneul much to Henry’s astonishment.

“Why would you want to know about her? And why do you specifically as for her?”

“Symeria Familia. Ever heard of it? Well, that is our mafia family that we have recently established and we just thought it might  be great if the last member of the Lu clan would join us. We could really need her ability.” Haneul answered that question if Xiu Ran and Qian somehow understood why the Sky just poured over the details to some girl that they have just met.

Judging from her reaction Qian could easily conclude that Xiu Ran here was the one that the two have been looking for all these time. Now that they needed to do was to wait for the answer from Xiu Ran.

“I’m in.” Henry sighed while Qian and Miseul smiled to each other. As for Xiu Ran, she had her own motives for accepting the offer. Maybe, just maybe if she got into the mafia world, she could finally find the culprits who were responsible for the deaths of her family.

“Welcome to the family Xiu Ran.”

“Oh, just one condition if you want me. Henry is going to come along with me.”

“No problem.” At that is how the next member of Symeria is found.


 

“Your room is on the second floor next to that purple-colored door over there. As for Henry here, well sorry bit you room is on the first floor since the second floor are the girls’ area. You are okay with that right?” Henry just nodded as he went to his room to unpack his things.

“Just left you things in the room and pack them later. There are several people that I need you to meet.” Xiu Ran nodded as she followed the person that is known as Wu Qian and also the second-in-command of the family as the woman introduced herself to Xiu Ran on their way to the mansion a few minutes ago. The other woman, Lee Miseul who is apparently the Boss of the family excused herself to get back to work. And as for now, she is standing next to Qian while watching a duel between two girls who are probably a few years older that she is.

The second the two saw Qian coming their way, they stopped and walked closer to the Cloud. As they got closer, Xiu Ran could see their features a whole lot better. The one with jet-black hair looked a bit shy while the other one, a brunette looked like a bucket of sunshine smiling from beginning to end.

“Who’s this Qian unnie?” ask Sophie with her low voice.

“A new addition to the family. Summer, Sophie, this here Xiu Ran.” Both of them nodded and the trio of youngsters exchanged small smiled with each other.

“Now, get along with each other okay? I have to help Haneul with some other things that we need to take care off.” Qian soon left after giving a soft pat on both of the Sun and the Mist’s heads and a smile to Xiu Ran.

Things were quite awkward between the trio and luckily Summer being the Sun in the family finally took the first step and broke the ice.

“So, care for an exercise with both of us?” eyeing the two sweet ladies in front of her Xiu Ran couldn’t help but grin.

“You bet I am.”


So here is the Lighting! I present to you Xiu Ran! Congrats to Table_cookiE for such an amazing application. Sorry if it took quite a while. I am kinda busy for now and my co-author is nowhere to be found so I sturggled to make time to write this chapter. As for now, it's almost 2 a.m. here so sorry if the chapter was a bit lacking than what you have expected but I did my best. well then, again, congrats and welcome to Symeria Xiu Ran!

-dewdrops