Karaoke

Your Best Day Is Always Ahead

 

Directly for chapter 5..

 

 

"God, this is so cheesy." Sehun states while making a face when the exposed screen of Jongin's phone falls under his sight. 

 

Yixing, who has been introduced to the advance dancing class with them now, throws a look and wows in amazement, "This is so cute." 

 

Jongin takes his phone away from them and kicks Sehun not-so-nicely on his shin.

 

"Mind your freaking business, Oh Sehun." he hisses "And thank you, Yixing."

 

He leaves the room after his quick lunch and ignores Sehun's protests, heading to the singing class since Baekhyun has just texted him to meet.

 

He notices the brunette boy chatting with a never-seen-before, good-looking guy with glasses and clears his throat to get their attention.

 

"Oh hyung, finally." Baekhyun runs towards him, dragging the other boy along "Meet our new friend, killer-vocal Kim Jongdae!"

 

Jongin has gotten quickly used to Baekhyun's easy-going personality, just as quickly as the boy has adjusted to them and SM in general. The newest guy greets him with a shy smile and Jongin introduces himself politely. 

"Welcome in SM, Jongdae-sshi." 

 

Baekhyun doesn't give him time to continue and butts in with a hopeful "Do you have class now?"

"In probably like, 30 minutes. Why?" 

The younger boy sighs in relief and starts pushing him out of the room. "Then go looking fro Junmyeon-hyung and tell him to organize cars for a karaoke night tonight! We have to welcome Jongdae nicely, don't we."

 

Indeed, Baekhyun has put himself at ease pretty quickly. 

 

"Why don't you go yourself?" Jongin asks, annoyed.

"Because we have extra-class for a duet," Baekhyun happily wraps an arm around Jongdae's shoulders, quickly continuing when Jongin moves his mouth to protest "Luhan-hyung and Minseok-hyung are both practicing now and Kyungsoo has been moved to their upper-medium class as well. Sehun is not invited."

 

"What about Chanyeol?"

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. "He is filming a CF." he winks at him, mimicking a -now go- with his hand and then dragging a clueless Jongdae back into the singing room.

 

Jongin sighs heavily, exasperated.

 

 

--

 

 

He doesn't refuse the karaoke-thing that night because Byul-noona and Yeonsu have their silly, over romantic drama to watch and he has no intentions of staying home whatsoever now that he can hang out with someone. The two girls would be happy to let him anyway.

 

Maybe, he also wants to see Luhan.

 

He heads towards the changing room on the 3rd floor with Yixing and meets all the others to plan the night. 

 

"Hyung, do we have cars?" Baekhyun asks Junmyeon and the boy nods, so the brunette mimics an okay and smiles widely to an embarrassed Jongdae "See, we'll have fun tonight."

"He is so good-looking." Minseok states and Jongdae blushes, thanking him from behind his big glasses. 

 

"We are going with the 9-seated cars," Junmyeon informs then "It's way more comfortable and I also feel more relaxed at the idea of being the only driver."

"That's completely okay with me," says Chanyeol "I love that big car." 

 

Sehun appears out of nowhere, climbing over Luhan's unprepared shoulders and almost making him fall. "What did I miss?"

"Go.Away." Baekhyun hisses "We don't want underage people coming along."

"Coming along? Where?" 

"Karaoke." Kyungsoo says calmly while Luhan kicks Sehun's .

"No way you are going without me." the youngest protests, ignoring Luhan "I am definitely coming as well." 

 

"You are not." Baekhyun insists "Besides, there's no space in the car anymore. We are 9 already." 

Sehun pouts, trying to impress Luhan with some terrible aegyo and the older just shows him his back and walks away towards Yixing who, as for himself, has been staring at an unusual spot on the wall the whole time. 

 

Minseok speaks up for Sehun although the boy was apparently alone in his battle, "We should let him come, too."

"Thank you very much." 

Jongin and Baekhyun sighs. "We have no space in the car." 

Junmyeon nods along when Kyungsoo intervenes, eyeing Junmyeon and letting out a thoughtful "We should find a solution." that brings the older to nods in matter of seconds."We can use my scooter as additional transport." 

"Great." Sehun smiles happily and Baekhyun glares in Junmyeon direction, but the boy is too busy exchanging a one-side smile with a flat Kyungsoo to notice.

 

"Hyung, you are so mean." Sehun then tells Baekhyun, looking kinda feelingless. Baekhyun ignores him.

"So, who's got driving license for scooters?"

 

Jongin is the only one to raise his hand.

 

"That's sad." Sehun comments.

 

"Who wants to go with Jongin then?" Junmyeon asks and Luhan, Baekhyun and Sehun all raise their hands simultaneously. 

 

Jongin giggles at the way Luhan quickly puts his hand down after seeing the others' hopeful eyes. 

 

"I'll take Luhan with me." he grins.

 

"Oh.How.Shocking." Baekhyun mocks him and Sehun just helplessly shakes his head. Luhan blushes.

 

They arrange the meeting  for 9PM and Jongin positions himself besides Junmyeon to go home with him and take the scooter, when someone kicks his from behind. He glares at Chanyeol and Minseok holding back their laughter with Jongdae, but of course three apparently clueless Sehun, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo get all his death glares. 

 

Junmeyon pulls him along to avoid a fight, and Jongin makes sure to upload his blacklist and put Kyungsoo as its number one. 

 

 

--

 

 

After a short ride on Junmyeon's beautiful scooter with Yeonsu, Jongin checks himself at the mirror one last time before greeting his noona and daughter, who both compliment him for his handsome look.

 

He checks the photo with indications Luhan had sent him to find his place, wears the helmet and takes off.

 

The older boy is already waiting for him outside the little building of his apartment-which luckily he easily finds- and Jongin gulps at his sight.

 Luhan's skinny leather jeans graces toned legs so perfectly Jongin's mind go a little bit blank, while the blond's collar bones exposes across a white/gold shirt that suits Luhan perfectly, so tightly perfectly, different from the over-sized shirts Jongin is used to see on him.

The blonde, matted hair framing Luhan's gorgeous face is the last thing Jongin sees when he feels an awkward heat spreading over his whole body.

 

He shakes off the heavenly sight and his heavy thoughts when Luhan approaches him.

 

"I tried my best to be on time." he greets with a soft smile and Jongin smiles back. Luhan's arms wrap around his waist and his hands touch Jongin's abdomen almost hesitantly.

 

"You are a safe driver, aren't you?" 

Jongin grins from under the helmet, "You wanted to come with me, didn't you? Now take the risk."

"Oh God." 

 

Quite scared despite Jongin's moderated speed, Luhan holds tightly on him, eyes shut the whole time and Jongin can't help his mocking. "We are not even on a motorbike." 

"Shut up and drive. You are going too fast."

"I am not."

"Shut up drive!"  Luhans insists, hitting his back lightly as Jongin laughs out loud.

 

They get to the karaoke quite quickly, for Luhan's immense joy.

 

"I've never gone to Karaoke." Jongin informs suddenly right before entering the place, the others being already inside.

Luhan looks at him confusedly.

"You know, because of Yeonsu." 

After a second of silence he receives a soft gaze. "I am happy you are now given the chance to live your youth a bit, Jonginnie."

 

Jongin freezes at the sudden, affectionate nickname but Luhan melts him with a bright smile, leading him to the room they have booked by the hand.

 

When they meet the rest of the group, the guys welcome them with a few teasing whistles and Jongin immediately glares at Sehun and Baekhyun.

 

Luhan takes a seat besides Yixing and greets him cutely, the boy answering back with a shy smile, and Jongin follows quietly. Someone teases again but Luhan is too busy speaking random Chinese with Yixing to notice so Jongin rolls his eyes. Chanyeol, Sehun and Baekhyun silently hi-five.

 

Chanyeol gets the karaoke-night starting with his personal dork version of SHINee's Replay, featuring Junmyeon who embarrassedly performs an awkward dance the whole time in a quite pathetic effort to imitate Lee Taemin. The two laugh way too much as they get finished, receiving some loud claps.

 

"Hyung, come sit down here forever." Kyungsoo drags Junmyeon back to his seat, embarrassed, and the older boy laughs non-stop.

 

"Chanyeol, who do you want to go next?" Baekhyun asks. They will play Rock Paper Scissor to decide who chooses the song. Chanyeol immediately picks up Baekhyun to follow him and the brunette, after winning the game with an irritated Jongin, chooses to sing TVXQ's Hug.

 

Then it's Xiumin's turn and he is assigned to sing Wonder Girl's Tell Me because of his incredible resemblance with member Sohee.

 

"Do the OMONA, do it." Baekhyun and Chanyeol clap amusedly and the boy shows off his talent with girl groups' dances. 

 

Sehun is up next and he asks Jongin to join him for SHINee's Ring Ding Dong as he resembles senior Lee Taemin so much, and also dances amazingly quite as him. Their performance is voted as the best until then, when Junmyeon butts in and pushes Kyungsoo in the centre, winning Rock Paper Scissors and getting the chance to choose a song for him. He laughs out loud.

 

"Be careful with your choice." Kyungsoo warns flatly but immediately after giggles, accepting Junmyeon's torture as he chooses Super Junior's Coocking? Cooking! for him.

"I'll kill you."

"Come on, sing! Like a man." Minseok incites him and Kyungsoo is so helpless that every one bursts out laughing, when eventually feeling guilty Junmyeon joins him to sing and receives a kick in the -and a lovingly glare. 

 

Jongin observes, confused, at how much cute Kyungsoo appeared to be with everyone but him. 

 

Jongdae sings immediately after and softens the atmosphere up with a mesmerizing cover of Wheesung's Insomnia, getting his chance to introduce his mind-blowing voice to the rest. He receives the loudest claps before leaving the mic to Jongin. 

The boy has to carefully pick up a partner for the game and notices Baekhyun and Sehun's teasing, eyes staring at him hopefully. But Jongin plays smart, and chooses Yixing.

 

"You are all so funny," the adorable Chinese boy exclaims while joining Jongin. He wins, and requests Jongin to cover TVXQ's Mirotic. Everyone's expectation is high for this one.

 

Jongin stands still with the mic in his hands, embarrassed, and doesn't miss Sehun's boos at his lack of confidence.

 

"Oh, Come on Kim Jongin, who should sing this song if not you." Baekhyun tries to incite "Bring out that y beast inside of you!"

 

He gives up, remembering the times he used to dance to Mirotic cover for Yeonsu and Byul-noona at home. It was their favorite song back that, Jongin is sure they even made a video out of it. 

 

He manages to wow everyone in the end, making them all go wild at his personal, iest version of the "Da y Chin" dance, and Jongin doesn't miss the chance to throw a satisfied glance over Sehun. Then he points to Luhan, who is completely red in the face, winking at him to come to the centre.

 

This time Baekhyun teases no more, simply exchanging a knowingly look with Sehun. 

 

Luhan walks hesitantly, sticking tongue out to Jongin, and ponders on who should he play with.

 

"I'll go with Minseok, I think."

"Why does nobody choose me?" Baekhyun pouty protests at that.

"Oh I'd have a few suggestions." Jongin eye-rolls and the boy makes a face to him.

"Well, Baekhyun if you want to choose, come on." 

 

Jongin face-palms at Luhan's immense naivety.

 

Baekhyun does not even let him finish the sentence that he is choosing the song already. He scrolls the long list of girl groups down quickly, Luhan watching worried. 

 

"Found it!" 

 

T-ara's "Why are you being like this this" starts playing and Baekhyun pushes Luhan in front of the screen. "Do it with feelings, hyung. With feelings."

Jongin hits Baekhyun's arm when he goes back to his seat.

 

Luhan is closed in his shoulders, hesitantly staring at the big screen. He starts singing, as cutely as he can, and every second he lets himself go more. He asks the boys to join him for the popular song's chorus and Chanyeol, Junmyeon, Baekhyun and Minseok rush to his side immediately.

 

"Hyung, the SOS part, do some aegyo!" Chanyeol requests and Luhan tries his best, making them clap satisfied at his irresistible cute expression. 

 

Jongin observes the older boy carefully, smiling at his cute performance and clapping his hands along the music. He is mesmerized, eyes catching every detail of that boy who could make his throat go dry without even trying and, at the same time, make his heart flutter like he has been sent to heaven and has met an angel right there. 

 

Luhan's embarrassed and smiley eyes stuck in his mind just as much as the slender, delicate but strong body wrapped perfectly in tight cloths brings feelings and forgotten instinct to explode inside his hot body. Baekhyun appears in front of his sight suddenly and Jongin bites his lip hard in worry, immediately wondering if any of his thoughts have shown on his gazing face but the younger boy only pulls him up and throws him towards the centre of the dancing group, next to Luhan, while the boy is singing the bridge. 

 

He curses at Baekhyun and stays still, Luhan eyeing him and getting closer smiling and cutely. He gulps, but restrains himself from acting strange or even to just pull Luhan to glue with his own body. He gets closer to Luhan slowly, softly, and makes a dorky expression to put the older at ease. Without even noticing they start to dance together, Luhan putting a hand on his shoulder and taking the mic with the other while singing the song, occasionally waving his body in unison with Jongin's one. Baekhyun and Minseok help in and Junmyeon forces Kyungsoo, who was staring at Jongin and Luhan's dance, to stand up and join. They are all dancing now, even Yixing and a quite unsure Jongdae who both appears to know the dance well. 

 

Luhan finishes his song with eyes sparkling with excitement as he accepts all the satisfied claps. He gets crowed king of the night and Baekhyun orders beers-coca cola for Sehun-to celebrate.

 

"To crow our Karaoke-king and welcome Jongdae properly, cheers!" he yells, extremely excited, while hugging Chanyeol. 

 

Jongin passes his beer to Yixing who passes it to Junmyeon who lets Baekhyun drink it, under the others' curious gazes. He uses a soft-I have to drive- as an excuse while he desperately tries to remove the image of Luhan dancing in his arms out of his head.

 

 

--

 

 

When he and Luhan later on greet the rest of the group goodbye, Jongin feel pleased. Things like that managed to make him almost feel like the simple 21-years-old he was supposed to be, and he likes that exciting, innocent thought of being given the chance to.

 

Luhan sends him a caring smile while putting his helmet on. "You look adorable." he says, and he means it. Jongin wonders if his confusion is showing on his face too much. 

"You are adorable." Luhan then corrects himself "I loved seeing you smile so happily and thoughtlessly tonight, Jongin."

His voice was soft, caring. Jongin could almost touch Luhan's care with his hands. His heart flies to heaven again while his body pulls him fiercely towards the heat of hell.

 

Everything is so confusing.

 

They stare into each other's eyes for what feels like forever, when Luhan, out of the blue, reaches out for him and hugs him softly. Jongin stays still, feeling the boy's hesitant hands leaving soft touches on his back. 

 

He brings Luhan closer when the boy starts to loosen the hug up, not wanting to let go. 

 

He has nothing to say although his mind is messed up by so many thoughts he feels like exploding. 

The other boy leans his head on his shoulder, breathing softly on the exposed skin of Jongin's neck and Jongin feels shivers making him go crazy.

 

"I would like to walk through all this with you so much, Jongin." 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N 

Fastest update ever! 

The reasons are that the beginning of this chapter is connected with the ending of the fifth.. and because I wanted to post it on Jongdae's bday since he gets introduced here <3

What do you think of this? :)