Her Vulnerable Heart

They Don't Know About Us

Chapter 6

 Her Vulnerable Heart

(Kei’s POV)

Lately I have been so busy with work, I haven't seen Yui for a while. The rehearsals, concerts, variety shows and tv guesting were getting in the way. Indeed JUMP has been really busy, it made me happy about work but I really miss Yui. I want to see her. We've been dating for more than a month now, but it's been 3 weeks since I last saw her so basically the length we have been together was quite unsatisfying. Worse, it's been a week since I last heard anything from her. She doesn't reply to my texts. I can't seem to reach her with my calls. I tried to contact her through her friends but they're not answering my calls as well. What's wrong? I didn't remember having a fight with her. I have been really behaved I must say. It confuses me at the same time worries me. I really have to visit her soon. Maybe tomorrow since our rehearsal will end at around 6pm.

"Oyy! Inoo! What are you dazing about?!" I felt someone hit me in the head. I turned and saw Kou-chan with a huge frown in his face. Ah! Right we're in the middle of rehearsal.

"I said you have to walk back to your first position!" Kouta exclaimed in frustration.

"Seriously if you continue to mess up you'll be ended dead by the end of the day!" He threatened me with a frown.

"I'm sorry, won't happen again." I exclaimed at him. He continued to stare at me but soon enough his eyes soften.

"I know something's bothering you. You can talk to me about it later but for now focus alright?" He said in a calmer manner. He gave me a few comforting pats on the back and proceeded to our practice.

It seemed that not only Kouta has noticed my actions lately but Takaki as well. As soon as the rehearsal was over he grabbed my shoulder and separated ourselves from our fellow members.

"What did you do to her?" He immediately asked. I lifted a brow at him.

"I didn't do anything to her! She's the one who confuses me." I fought back and shove his arm away from my shoulders.

"Ha? What did she do then?" Takaki asked in a confused manner. He knew that I have been dating his friend for a while now. He was actually happy when I told him but other than him no one in JUMP knew about it.

"Nothing." I exclaimed. I saw him furrowed his brows more.

"Then why are you acting so troubled then?" He asked.

"Because that's exactly what she has been doing. Nothing. She doesn't reply to my texts or calls." I replied, looking away from him. My heart felt like being pinched as I remember how she has been acting.

"How long?"

"A week or so."

"Sorry, I didn't know." He apologized and I looked back at him. I smiled clearly understanding his intentions.

"She's like a little sister to me you see." He defended the way he acted. I simply nodded my head.

"She'll come around. But I think you should visit her soon. Yui-chan doesn't normally act like that. Maybe she's going through something." Takaki exclaimed as he calmly patted my back as if trying to give me a boost.

"Then if there's something wrong why doesn't she talk to me. I will listen." I said. Takaki sighed, not knowing what to answer. But I truly appreciate his effort to comfort me.

"Yeah, I'll visit her tomorrow. Thanks Takaki." I exclaimed and invited him to join the others.

---

The next day…

Could this day get any longer?! I checked my watch and we still have an hour of rehearsal. I sighed disappointedly and shook my head. Focus Inoo Kei you have to focus.

"Hey Kei, can I talk to you?" I felt Kouta's hand on my shoulders. I looked up and saw his worried face.

"You're not like this. What's wrong?" He asked, guiding me out of the practice room. I closed my eyes and sighed deeply, so I have been really obvious lately.

"I know I can trust you but please don't judge me." I exclaimed as I leaned myself on the wall. I watched him stand in front of me and waited for what I have to say.

"You see, I have a girlfriend now." I said.

"Eeehh?!!" Kouta exclaimed, his face was undeniably funny. I actually let a chuckle slip from my mouth.

"What? It's not like it's a miracle or something. It not also like it was my first time." I lightly pushed him on the shoulders.

"So that explains all the texting. How long have you been going out?" He asked, his eyes glittered in interest.

"A month, but since we're so busy lately I haven't got the chance to see her." I explained to him the situation.

"So you miss her? Is that the reason why you've been so bothered lately?" He asked. I answered him what I have explained to Takaki.

"I see. I know you're going through some personal problem but Kei you know we should be professional right? You're the one who said it that this is not the first time you got yourself in a relationship so I guess you should know what to do already." He told me. He's really acting like a good leader. I nodded my head and exclaimed.

"I know. But you know Kou-chan, she's different. Who would have thought that she has this much of an impact to me?" I chucked at my own words.

"Yeah, I guess she's really a special girl. She's so special that my friend is actually losing his mind thinking of her. Just talk to her, I’m sure she has her reasons.” Kouta yet again gave me a calming pat. I’m glad that Takaki and Kouta were there. For a moment I was able to relax maybe because I know they will be willing to share a shoulder if I need it. I smiled appreciating my friends, I walked inside the practice room determined to focus on what I should be doing right now.

 

---

Finally I can visit her now. As soon as the rehearsal was done I changed and drove my way to her pastry shop. I got confused when instead of their usually warm smiles, Chiyo and Misa were looking at me like I was kind of a ghost.

“What are you doing here Inoo-kun?” Misa exclaimed, I can sense nervousness on her voice. I furrowed my brows a little, annoyed by the fact that they were hiding something.

“I’m going to visit Yui-chan. Where is she? I have to talk to her.” I simply said making sure that no one in the shop would be able to hear my conversation with the cashier.

“She’s not here.” This time it was Chiyo who answered, apparently Misa cannot answer at the moment.

“Where is she then?” I asked worriedly. Yui once told me that she will never miss a day of work if she’s not sick, has some personal plans or dead. But no one answered me, both of them averted their gaze away from me. I clicked my tongue in annoyance. I sighed and leaned towards them.

“Come on please tell me. It’s been a week since I last heard anything from her. I’m really worried about her.” I pleaded them but instead hearing of an answer from the two, I heard Airi answered my question. She just came from the kitchen with a tray of goods.

“She’s at home. She doesn’t want anyone to see her but I guess I can let you. Misa give him the keys.” Airi said without sternly. Exhaustion and worry were obvious on her face. Misa looked at her in doubt but when Airi gave her a sharp look, she immediately pulled her keys out of her pocket.

“Here, this is the key for the house and this is the key of her room.” Misa said, sighing. Their reaction only made me more nervous. I wonder what’s Yui’s condition that will make her distant herself to the world?

 “Thank you.” I sincerely thanked them and hopped on my car.

It was short drive which I really appreciate. I ran towards their apartment and tried to knock first but no one answered. I took a deep breath before entering. I can hear nothing but silence. I’m glad that this is actually not my first time in this apartment. Yui brought me here twice already so fortunately I’m familiar which one was her room. I knocked and yet again but no one answered. It was locked. I used the key and entered. I was so surprised when I saw her room. She was lying on her bed, sleeping. Everything inside her room was messed up. All the picture frames were turned down. There were food on her side table but they were barely touched. The curtains were closed and the lights were off. There were also clothes on the floor and her shoes were all over the place.

My heart ached when I saw the situation of her room I know this reflects her feelings and state of mind right now—a mess. I don’t know what’s going on but I want to be by her side. Honestly I felt a little bit angry with the fact that she didn’t tell me what’s going on, it is as if she doesn’t trust me.

I quietly walked towards her bed. She was lying hopelessly. I see she has been crying non-stop. Without her eyes open I can already see how swollen they are. I removed the hair covering her face and caressed her reddened cheeks. Almost immediately after the contact I saw her twitch. I carefully lifted her head and position her properly on a pillow the covered her with a blanket.

Thinking that probably she needed more rest, I decided to clean her room. I put away the foods that were on the table. I fixed her shoes and clothes, properly arranged the picture frames and managed to cook some noodles for her.

When I entered her room again she was already awake. She stared at me as if I was unwanted but I sighed and smiled at her. I put the bowl of noodles by the side table and sat on her beside her.

“What are you doing here?” She asked, her voice was hoarse and I can feel some tension within in.

“I came to visit.” I simply answered her. She looked away and took a few deep breathe.

“I didn’t ask you to come.” She said, it broke my heart that I was actually hearing this coming from her.

“I know but I wanted to see you.” I put a hand of her cheek and turned her to look at me.

“If I wanted to see you, I’ll tell you.” She exclaimed without meeting my gaze though her face was already turned to my direction. She shoved my hand away and moved aside.

There was silence for a while. I thought for a while of what I can possibly tell her to cheer her up.

“What happened?” I asked.

“Nothing, please Kei leave now.” She said yet again I can feel pain striking within me. I sighed and stood up. I saw her glanced at me, not understanding if she really meant what she said. But I still decided to disobey her.

“No, until you’re not telling me what happened.” I sternly said. This time she looked at me softly as if begging me to just leave. I just stared at her, letting her know that there’s no way I’m going to leave her in this kind of situation. When I know she needed me.

“Please?” She exclaimed, her eyes began to water. I simply sat back next to her and wiped the forming tears. I put my hand on the back of her head and pushed it toward me. I let her head rest on my shoulders as I calmly rubbed her back to soothe her.

“No, I’m not leaving you like this.” I whispered to her, pleading that she will let me stay. She didn’t fight back instead she just cried on my shoulder. I pulled her closer and hugged her tighter.

“I’m not asking you to tell me what happened because you’re obviously not ready for it but please let me stay. Let me be with you because I know you need someone.” I whispered to her again. She just nodded and this time she held me tighter.

I leaned my back on her bed’s headboard and let her lay on my chest. I caressed her head softly as she just stared in the air.

“Hey, why don’t you eat first?” I said and kissed the top of her head. She shook her head but I still rose up from our position.

“No, you must. I’ll reheat this for a while.” I stood up and let her lie on her bed for a while. When I came back again she was sitting already. I sat beside her and rest the tray of food on my lap.

“Here” I lifted a spoon of soup and blew it just in case it was too hot. I smiled when she leaned in to eat it.

There was no exchange of words for a while as she ate quietly. But when the bowl was less half she thanked me already. I didn’t force her to eat anymore, knowing that what she ate was enough to get her by tonight.

I tucked her in to her bed and finally was able to relax when I saw her gave me a small smile. I kissed her forehead and turned away. When I was about to stand up I felt her hand on my wrist. I turned to her with a questioned look.

“Can you stay tonight or are you busy?” She asked. I nodded my head and smiled at her. I’m happy that she wanted my presence that I can actually make her smile a little even when she’s going through something.

“I can stay. Our photoshoot for tomorrow was cancelled.” I exclaimed. I’m not lying; our photoshoot was cancelled due to some conflicts with the other members’ schedule. There was an argument earlier today but in the end the management decided to just move it the day after tomorrow.

I told her that I will just wash the dishes she argued saying that she’ll do it instead but I push her down the bed and insisted that I will do it. When I went out of her room, Misa, Chiyo and Airi were sitting by the living room staring at Yui’s door. I closed the door behind me went to the kitchen. I didn’t know that they followed me until Misa spoke.

“How is she?” Misa asked worriedly. I turned to her with a smile and she released a sigh of relief.

“Thank you Inoo-kun.” She exclaimed.

“No problem, I’ll do anything for her.” I said and they nodded, believing what I said.

“I’m glad you were able to calm her down. She’s been so depressed lately. She won’t eat. She won’t let any of us talk to her or even stay with her.” Airi exclaimed, sadness was apparent in her voice. I averted my eyes from the dishes that I was washing and stared at them. All three of them was obviously tired and concern of their friend.

“What happened?” I asked them, determined to know the truth behind my girlfriend’s actions. At first they were in doubt whether they’ll tell me or not but in the end Airi decided to tell the story.

“Yui came from a broken family. After the divorce she lived with her dad, leaving her mother in her brothers’ care. Even before the divorce Yui doesn’t already have a good relationship with her mother. Their conversation always turns into an argument. She loved her mother but the misunderstanding between them was just too much.” Airi exclaimed. As soon as I finished the dishes I sat on the dining chair. Chiyo gave me some tea and sandwiches while I listened.

“Yui’s father remarried and her mother was devastated. She began ruining Yui’s dad’s reputation so in the end Yui and her father along with her step mother moved here in Tokyo and ever since Yui never saw her mom. She has been planning to reconcile with her mom but she was always too afraid to make any action.” Misa continued. I’m still confused on where this conversation was going but I still listened carefully. For a few moments Misa stayed quiet that it bothered me. I was just about to say something when she released another heavy sigh and said.

“Her mother passed away last week.” It was Airi who said the bad news. I was so shocked that I even dropped my sandwich.

“Yui-neechan felt really bad that she didn’t able to say goodbye and apologized to her. She blamed herself for not doing anything.” This time it was Chiyo who explained Yui’s feelings. I sighed repeatedly, understanding how heavy Yui must have felt.

“I know about the broken family and stuffs but she never really mentioned her bad relationship with her mother.” I said, not being able to look at them.

“She’s not proud of it you know. She never considered herself as a good daughter.” Airi said, trying to comfort me.

“It’s alright. I understand. If you don’t mind I’ll stay with her tonight.” I exclaimed and looked up to them.

“Sure if that’s not too much to ask.” Airi exclaimed with a soft smile.

“Do not take advantage of her or else I might kill you!” Misa threatened but I only laughed. This girl was always the silly one.

“I won’t. Thank you for the food.” I exclaimed and stood up from my seat. I grabbed the plate and was just about to wash it when Chiyo grabbed the sponged and pushed me away lightly.

“I’ll do it. I don’t even know why we let you wash the dishes a while ago. You’ve already helped a lot.” Chiyo said and offered me a soft smile.

I went back to Yui’s room and there she was staring emptily in the air. I sat beside her pulled her closer.

“Everything happens for a reason Yui.” I gently whispered to her and she nodded. I laid her down beside me, holding her close. I’ll let her cry because she needs to let it out but I will make sure that I will never leave her in times like this.

That night she slept peacefully in my arms. She shed some tears but I was happy enough when she gave me a smile of gratitude before she closed her eyes. I kissed her forehead one last time before I let myself sleep as well—satisfied that I was able to lay next to her tonight. 

-----------

Hi! Another update! It's about time to put some drama and strengthen 
their relationship don't you think? :) 
There will be more development with their relationship on the 
upcoming chapters. :) 

 

Special thanks to Dr4g0n0m and Nanablackrose for leaving me some comments
I really appreciate them!! :) 

Please do tell me what you think about his chapter ne? :) 
 

(not proofread as usual ^^v)

Yui dea~! 
 

10-05-13