An Invitation, Please Say “Yes”

They Don't Know About Us

Chapter 4

An Invitation, Please Say “Yes”

(Kei’s POV)

It always amuses me how one person can change the other. You see I’m the type of person who doesn’t usually bring anything related to his private life to work. Even back when I was still a student I tried my best not to bring my studies to work but I failed one time when my thesis and JUMP concert happened at the same time, I remember I barely had any sleep during those times. But today it wasn’t the issue, I just can’t believe that I will spare few of my time in work for my personal life. I don’t know but I can’t resist her.

‘Lunch time! Have you eaten already?’ I checked my phone again. It wasn’t the first time today. In fact I have been checking my phone in every chance I get. True enough I wasn’t left disappointed whenever I check it because there will always be a text coming from her. And every time it will have the same effect on me, whatever the content of the message I will always feel happy. My heat flatters in a very interesting way.

I liked a few girls before so I’m really aware that I like her. I won’t deny it and I won’t lie about it—well to myself. I don’t know if I can admit it to other people just yet. She’s interesting, unique and she can cook. If anyone would ask if I’ll pursue her, I don’t know what my answer would be. But I like my status with her right now. She’s my friend who I like. Pretty complicated but I need time to decide what kind of feeling I have for her.

‘Not yet… :( But don’t worry we’re on break right now. We’ll soon eat lunch. How about you?’ I replied.

“Texting again? It’s becoming a normal sight lately.” I felt and arm around my shoulders. It was Yabu and he was trying to peep on my phone.

“Well, I have a social life you know.” I replied pulling away from him.

“Hmm. But you have never texted that much ever since you graduated.” Hikaru butted in. Why are they so interested anyway?

“School won’t be an excuse” Daiki added, standing next to Hikaru who’s currently blocking my way.

“Is it a girl?” This time it was Takaki, doing the same gesture that Yabu did just a little while ago.

“Will you stop teasing me? So what if I’m texting every now and then. I do it during break so it’s not really a distraction during rehearsals.” I exclaimed as I chuckled.

“It’s not like I’m the only one doing it.” I added before anyone of them can add some more. I looked at each one of them and stopped at Yabu.

“Fine!” He exclaimed as he walked ahead.

“Guilty as always” I laughed and the rest of BEST joined me. Good now they’re not focusing on me.

‘I just finished eating. Do you want a dessert to end your meal? I tried out a new recipe and it turned out great. The girls had their share already but there are still a lot remaining. You can drop by and share it with the rest of JUMP if you want?’ I smiled as I received her text. Maybe I can drop by, luckily we had 2 hours to spare.

‘Sure, that’s great. I wanted to see you too. Thank you by the way. I’ll see you later.’ I replied and smiled.

I then proceed to the cafeteria and grabbed some food. Lunch time was pretty normal. There were random conversation going on and laughter here and there. But I didn’t understand why they were so focused on my constant texting. Every time I use my phone a few of them will give me a look. I just shrug every time.

“I’ll just go somewhere. I’ll get some desserts.” I stood up from my seat and cleaned my tray. But before I can take another step towards the door I felt a hand on my wrist. I questioningly stared at the owner of the hand.

“Yui?” He simply said and I nodded. No need for any more words, he already understood the situation. He gave me a pat on the back and whispered.

“Go for it. Just don’t hurt her. She’s like a sister to me.” I looked at him in disbelief and chuckled but I stopped when I realized how serious he was.

“I’m no—“

“Don’t deny it, I knew ever since we visited her shop and I know that she’s the one who you kept on texting.”He said as he turned his back. To be honest I didn’t expect that I would hear those words coming out from Takaki but I guess she was just that important to him.

“By the way, I know you’ve been visiting her.” My jaw literally dropped. He smiled hugely as he saw me gaped. How did he even learn that?

I frowned and tilted my head as I walked back to our dressing room. How? Did Yui tell Takaki? No way, maybe?

Sighing and giving up with the thought I hurried my way to Yui’s shop. Ten minutes I arrived and I was greeted by Misa-chan who was already used to my presence. I was actually coming every now and then for the past month.

Misa tried to look behind me and pouted.

“You promised” she mouthed but all I can do was clasped my hands together and mouthed an apology to her. I actually promised her that someday I will bring his and Yui’s favorite member—Hikaru but I haven’t got the chance to invite him just yet, well I actually forget.

“Back door” Airi whispered as she passed by. I smiled at her and she did the same. I went to their back door and was greeted by the working Yui. I watched her as she decorated a cake with her steady hands. I always like catching her doing her job. It fascinates me. I watched her control the pressure she releases in every she makes. Her curly hair was tied in a bun, allowing me to clearly see the small frown she has on her face. As soon as she let go of the pastry bag she has in hand, I finally decided to let her know my presence.

“Hey!” I exclaimed and she turned to me in surprise.

“How long have you been standing there?” She asked while wiping the small sweat forming on her forehead.

“Hmmm… Just a few minutes, don’t worry I like seeing you work.” I smiled and walked near the counter she was working on.

“Right” She plainly said as she turned the opposite direction where I was standing.

“Oh! Here are the different flavored macaroons that I made.” I watched her go to the storage area and grabbed a box. She passed it to me with a small smile (that I’ve always liked). I checked what’s inside the box and saw more than 20 pieces of macaroons (colored in pink, blue, green, yellow and violet) that were neatly placed in the box.

“These are too much.” I exclaimed as I tried to place it back to her hands but she immediately shook her head.

“I made too much. I tried all those flavors already and I liked it. I won’t be eating those anymore. You see I’m not really a fan of sweet things.” She exclaimed, smiling. I was just about to argue when she shushed me again.

“Share it with JUMP and if they like it they can order. Oh! I can make more customers!” She winked at me and I think I just melted.

“Oh! Give this to Yuya, tell him to give this to his family.” She grabbed another box but smaller than what she gave me.

“Right, thank you so much Yui-chan.” I thanked her and gently put the two boxes on the empty counter next to me.

“No problem. I really enjoy making these stuffs. My heart flatters whenever I see people smile because of these.” Yui exclaimed with a soft smile. She sat on the stool by the counter and grabbed her piping bag again.

“Are you busy?” I cleared my throat as I felt I was being ignored. It took a few seconds before she could reply.

“Ah! I’m sorry. I thought you’ll leave right away.” She exclaimed, almost embarrassed at how she acted. I chuckled as I saw the expression she had on.

“Well, can I stay? I still have an hour to fill in.” I asked, walking towards another stool near her. She reluctantly stared at me as if deciding whether to agree or not.

“I won’t bother you, I promise.” I added with a hopeful smile. She still had the same expression while biting her lower lip.

“I just want to spend some time with you…” I added in a low voice but making sure she’ll be able to hear it. I avoided her gaze for a while but later on I slowly looked up to her. She was looking away but I manage to see her cheeks reddening a little. I smiled seeing such. Did I just make her blush? Slowly she nodded. Yosh! I sat on the stool near her with a huge smile on my face.

Yui gently pressed the piping bag she has in hand. Slowly and carefully she did some string works on the side of the cake. I smiled at how focus she was. I stared at her piping skills in awe. But then a frown was formed in my face when I saw her stopped. I questioningly stared at her. She smiled shyly as she rubbed the back of her head.

“I’m sorry I can’t.” She exclaimed with a soft sigh.

“Huh?”

“I can’t focus with the staring and all. That’s why I usually work alone.” She avoided my gaze while swaying her body back and forth.

“Ah! I’m sorry.” I exclaimed and stood up.

“It just amazes me how focus you can be.” I exclaimed tapping my fingers on the table. For a moment no one spoke. We have to stop these dead airs.

“Maybe I should just leave.” I finally said and turned my back. I was just about to take another step when I felt her cold hands got a hold of my wrist. I jumped a little with the sudden contact. I don’t know whenever she touches me I just feel so fidgety all of the sudden but it felt right and I like it. I turned to her and was quite surprised when I saw her face. It’s as if she’s apologizing.

“Don’t leave. I can give you an hour. I think I can rest for a while.” She said after clearing .

“But you have to work. One hour is a huge amount of time. I don’t want to get in the way of your work.” I tried to reason out. But the truth was I really wanted to stay and have a small talk with her. She thought for a while not even bothering to remove her hands from mine not that I care in fact I wish to stay in the position for a while. Slowly she smiled and looked up to me. I raised a brow to her and felt her pulling me with her.

“I have to make fondant later. How about you help me measure some ingredients?” I exclaimed.

“Sure, easy enough.” I said. She gave me a piece of paper in which the recipe was written. She then gave me the ingredients and a weighing scale.

I immediately grabbed the bag of powdered sugar and pulled each side of it to open. Surprisingly I spilled a little of it on myself. I pouted and checked on Yui’s expression. I hope she’s not mad. When I looked up, she had a huge smile on her face. She eventually laughed seeing the state I was in. Yeah I guess I look ridiculous. She stepped towards me and I was surprised when she softly my head.

“You have some on your hair.” She smiled, continuing her little activity. She was so close that I can almost feel her breathing. I can no longer suppress the smile and she took noticed.

“What?” She asked, cutely I must say.

“Nothing, sorry for being such a burden”

“Huh? No, it’s alright. It’s actually really fun to work with another person every once in a while. There… all gone.” Yui replied and finally took a step backward.

I continued the work she assigned to me. I actually feel good doing this, maybe because she’s the one who asked me.

“Ne, Yui…” I called her.

“Yeah?”

“Are you free on Saturday?” I asked. I saw her facial expression change maybe she was surprised by my sudden question actually I was surprised too that I asked that.

“Yeah? But only in the afternoon onwards.” She exclaimed.

“Great!” I took a deep breath and continued. “Can we go out?” I asked closing my eyes, afraid of what she might answer. This was actually the first time that I asked her out. I usually just visit her in her shop or send her home but never did I try to actually spend the day with her alone.

“Ahmmm… Yeah sure.” I opened my eyes and saw her smiling at me.

“But your treat!” She added as she chuckled.

“Of course!”

“No! I’m just kidding!”

“Naaah! I’ll take care of it!” I exclaimed.

“Eeeeeh?” I laughed at her reaction. I took a step towards her and messed her hair up. She frowned once I did that but I only continued to laugh.

“Just be there and surely the night will be perfect.” I exclaimed.

“Yeah right.” She rolled her eyes and laughed.

“I’ll pick you up then?”

“Sure.”

----

That day I returned in Johnny’s with two boxes of macaroons and a huge smile of success. Just like that JUMP learned about my friend and was excited to visit her shop soon but unlike them the only thing that excites me was the upcoming weekend.

----

Surprisingly Saturday came quickly. I readied myself around noon, I decided that I can be early and just wait for her to finish in her shop. I just want to see her, the sooner I can. I want to look good, in fact I want to feel good so I can easily handle our dinner later. So I decided to wear my skinny khaki pants along with my denim long sleeve polo, I then paired it up with my desert shoes. I checked myself again in the mirror before I grabbed my phone, wallet and car keys. I sprayed some perfume and left.

As soon as arrived in the shop, Misa and Chiyo welcomed me with a warm smile. They told me to just wait for Yui in one of the tables. I sat patiently as I nervously waited for her arrival. A few minutes later I received a tap on my shoulder and there she was, smiling beautifully at me. I managed to smile back. I rarely see her all dressed up. She wore a simply black dress and a pair of high heels, no wonder she looked taller today. I also noticed that she wore a thicker make up today, not that I don’t like it in fact I think it highlighted her beautiful features such as her eyes. Unlike the usually working days, she also let her long hair down. She really looked stunning.

“Aren’t you getting up?” She raised a brow at me. I laughed at how I acted, how stupid I have been for just staring at her like that.

“Ah! I’m sorry. It’s just that you look really pretty today.” I exclaimed and stood up. She looked away and slightly blushing at my comment.

“Oh! And taller too!” I added and received a slap on the arm. I laughed at her as she continued jokingly glare at me.

“Let’s go?” I asked and led the way.

This afternoon I’ll make sure that she’ll enjoy and maybe I can ask her the question that has been bugging me for weeks.

-----

Hehehe, sorry for cutting it there. Hihihihi! 

Leave a comment okay? Thanks to Dr4g0n0m for dropping by

I'm sorry if it took me quite a while to updat I was just really busy

last week. :) 

Hi readers, please leave me some love.They are really appreciated.

p.s I haven't proofread this okay? 

Yui dea~!

09-26-13