The First Encounter

They Don't Know About Us

The First Encounter

(Yui's POV)

I'm Yoshikawa Yui just a normal girl who has goals that hopefully will make her unique not to mention rich and known. I'm a daydreamer who has always wanted a romantic happy ending with the man of her dreams but I know that won't happen anytime soon, well I actually think that it won't happen ever. Why? Well I'm a girl who never been in a relationship, surrounded by single ladies (some of my friends are actually in a relationship but aren't really that happy and some of them just ended theirs). I also came from a broken family so you can say that my parents aren't really the best example of a "couple". Yes, I'm losing my faith in love but there's still something inside me that hopes for my fairytale story.

It's not that I've never fell in love actually I have fallen quite a few times but no one was really willing to catch me-- slowly and I think unconsciously I started to fear rejection. Yes, there were a few guys who showed some interest in me but no one was really able to pull me out of this protective shell I have set for myself. Sometimes I blame myself for that and for setting up a huge standard for the "man of my dreams" but then I realized they weren't really worth it so yeah I guess rather be single than to force myself to love a person who barely interests me.

Oh well, let things be and the rest will follow...

"Oi! Yui! I said we are about to reach the station!" My friend Airi exclaimed as she pulled my earphones from ear. I think she has been calling for my attention for quite a while now because what she just did kind of hurt.

"Yes mam! I'm sorry mam!" I answered like a soldier to her commander. I even did the salute gesture. Seeing Airi rolled her eyes in annoyance, I laughed along my other two friends Misa and Chiyo who were seating across the aisle.

--

"Owaah! We're finally here!" Misa stretched out her arms as she stepped out of the train. The air was truly different from the city. Good thing the weather was as good as the forecast. It was sunny and yet the afternoon breeze was really refreshing. This really feels nice.

As soon as we got over the beautiful scenery of the soon setting sun, we followed Airi's lead to the onsen that she decided we should stay in.

Minutes later we finally arrived at the said onsen, it was a very cozy one. There weren't much people making it quiet and relaxing well maybe because it was actually an off season for people to come. But still the overall ambiance was pretty great.

I shared my room with Misa while Airi and Chiyo stayed together. I've actually known Misa since we were children, we grew up together that we almost know everything about each other. She’s 2 years younger though, still a university student. She is currently working in my pastry shop as a part-time cashier along with Chiyo while Airi is already a regular employee whom I trust in every decision we make. She’s like my right hand.

"I'll fix my things later I just want to check the hot spring first!" Misa dropped her bag on her bed and as soon as she received a nod from me she ran out of the room like a little kid gaining permission from her mother. I only shook my head with a soft smile as I watched her leave. I'm sure she knocked on the other room and pulled Chiyo along with her. Oh how childish Misa can be sometimes.

---

The evening came and we just finished taking a bath in the hot spring. I was on my way back to our room, holding my phone on one hand while drying my hair with a towel on the other. A sudden message took me by surprise that actually made me stop on my track. Decided to ignore it I took another step and there I realized that something was clinging on my feet. In fact something is my feet. I looked down and stared at the cute dog that seemed to notice my stare and stared back at me. It cutely tilted its head as if waiting for me to touch him. I knelt down and patted its head. Having a closer look I realized that the dog was a schnauzer. I wonder who I know that has the same breed of dog. Shrugging, I ignored the sudden question that popped in my head. The cute dog has a collar so he must have an owner. I carried him and was just about to go to the receptionist when I bumped into someone. Being short that I am, my forehead hit his shoulder. I immediately looked up and was shock to see...

“I’m sorry!” He said and looked down.  I just stared at him, not getting over the fact of who he was. He may have noticed the look that I was giving him and the thought that must have been running through my head because he suddenly took the towel he has around his neck and covered his face then turned away.

Suddenly the dog barked at him in recognition, its tail waggled in excitement. Upon hearing the sound that was coming from my arms he then shot a look back at me.

“Ah! That’s my dog. Thank you for picking him up. I was actually looking for him.” He exclaimed, taking the dog away from my arms. But the dog kept on resisting.

“Come on Jam! Let’s go back.” He tried to persuade the dog that keep on going back to my arms.

“Jam-chan, go back to your master now.” I smiled at the dog as I tried to place him on his owner’s arms.

I looked again at his master; the towel that was covering his head (half of face) is now on his shoulders. I think I’m blushing again, I can’t believe that I was standing this close to him. I can almost feel his breathing. He stared at me and smile. Can I just melt and disappear? My heart might not be able to manage this situation any longer. I took a deep breath and tried to look casual.

“Well, I guess it was pretty stupid of me for trying to hide my face when you already saw it.” He chuckled while I just shrugged and looked away.

“You see, I was trying to relax with my family so I really don’t want anyone to see me here.” He continued, still struggling with Jam.

“When you said anyone you meant a fan of yours?” I said, lifting a brow.

“Well, I’m not THAT HUGE of a fan.” I added, finally I succeeding on putting Jam back to his owner’s arms. I then decided to turn my back on him and just proceed my way back to my room.

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone.” I looked back again before hitting the corner. I smiled at him and he managed to smile back.

“Thank you!” He exclaimed. As soon as I reached the corner, I stopped on my track and lean on the wall. He can no longer see me.

“I can’t believe I just met Inoo Kei!” I whispered, holding my cheeks with both of my hands. I felt hot and I think I look red.

---

“Oi! Yui-nee! Are you even listening?” I felt a cold can of soda hit my cheeks. I looked up to Misa and nodded.  I took the can of soda from her hand and dropped my body on to the bed that I was sitting on.

“What were you saying again?” I exclaimed without looking at her.

“I said do you want to check out the shrine nearby?” She repeated what she said a while ago. She sat next to me, looking straight at my face.  I was thinking of what to say when she exclaimed.

“You are in daze again! Aish! I give up I will ask Chiyo to go out with me.” Misa clicked her tongue as she stood up. I grabbed her wrist immediately.

“Wait! I’m thinking!” I exclaimed. She stared at me and waited for my answer. I gave her a huge grin while she just raised a brow at me.

“Well, no I won’t be joining you!” I exclaimed with a huge smile and received a hit from her.

“I hate you!” She hissed and walked away out of the room. I laughed at my dear friend, oh how I love making fun of her.

Ever since last night I can’t seem to focus on anything or anyone, I cannot believe that I just met Inoo Kei. I’m no longer a huge fan of them since I left fandom but my god who would have thought I’ll be able to bump into him—not to mention he was just wearing a robe last night with water dripping from hit wet hair. Oh god! I have to stop thinking of him. I hit myself for thinking that far. I need a distraction. I let my feet take me outside along with the can of soda I have in hand. I found a small garden behind the inn with a small pond in it. I decided to take a seat on the bench under the sakura tree that was blooming beautifully. I watched the stunning stars twinkle in the dark clear sky.

“They’re beautiful, aren’t they?” I heard a familiar voice behind me. Seriously? Just when I was able to stop myself from thinking too much of him.

I shot him a look. He was staring at the sky with a soft smile on his lips. He stood gorgeously in his brown pants and sweater. One of his hands was on his pocket while the other was holding a leash. Fortunately Jam was able to get my attention before he can catch me staring at him like a crazy woman. Jam barked at me in recognition.

“Woow… Calm down Jam!” Kei exclaimed as he was dragged by his dog towards me. Jam then put both of his front legs on my lap. I laughed at the excited dog, he’s just so cute.

“Can I carry him?” I looked up to his owner, trying to act casually. But as soon as I met his eyes, my heart suddenly beat rapidly so I turned my attention to the dog again.

“Sure.” He exclaimed and so I did. I was caressing Jam’s fur and he seemed to enjoy it.

“You’re really good with dogs, no wonder Jam found you last night.” He said as he chuckled. As I heard him chuckled, I found myself relaxing. I don’t particularly understand why but at least I was able to calm my heart for a while.

“Well, maybe because I own a dog myself. Though I wasn’t living with her anymore, apparently my apartment doesn’t allow pets. She’s a shih tzu, smaller than Jam. I named her Chibi maybe that’s why she never grew that much.” I exclaimed, cursing myself for talking too much and for being carried away with my own story. I was surprised when he replied.

“So where does she live now?” He asked in interest. I turned to him and was yet again surprised when I saw the soft smile he has on. He was actually interested in my story.

“She’s in my hometown. She lived with my family.” I answered without breaking eye contact with him. Suddenly I felt a sudden touch on my hand, making me flinch. Seeing my sudden act, he pulled his hand away and looked away; apparently he was caressing Jam as well. He cleared his throat breaking the sudden silence.

“So, I didn’t get your name?” He asked looking back at me.

“Oh yeah, I’m Yoshikawa Yui.” I answered, bowing a little.

“I’m Inoo Kei.” He chuckled, offering a hand. I shook his hand shyly. Oh please dear heart calm down.

After the introduction, it was funny how we started to talk about random stuffs. As our conversation continues the more I felt comfortable with him. My heart finally went back to its normal beat. I can freely laugh already and I wasn’t that insecure about how I look in front of him anymore. I felt like I was just talking to a normal person. But then I became nervous again when our topic became about fandom.

“So I remembered in our first meeting, you said you are not THAT huge of a fan. What do you mean by that?” He asked tilting his head. I thought for a second, how can explain this to an idol?

“Well...” I started off. I can see his eyes glittered in interest. I chuckled with the sight.

“Well?”

“Well, I was actually a huge fan of Johnny’s before especially your group. But I guess when I started to became an adult I was overwhelmed by the responsibilities of the real world. I got out from my fantasies and bravely took the challenge in front of me. After I graduated I put up a pastry shop with my dad after that I can’t seem to find time to fangirl anymore.” I smiled with the thought of how content I am at the present even though I sacrificed a lot in the past.

“Oh... I see. To make our conversation lighter, how about you tell me who was your ichiban before?” He asked. I bit my lower lip with the question. Why does he have to ask that? I can’t possibly tell him that it was him. No, that will be too embarrassing.

“Ermm… It’s Yaotome-san.” I lied, avoiding his gaze. When I didn’t hear a reply from him and I turned back, curious of the sudden silence. He has this ‘O’ shape on his lips that actually made me smile.

“Hikaru huh? How about me? Where do I stand in your ranking?” He asked. I cursed inside my head, why does he have to push it!

“I’m sorry but you’re the last on my list.” I lowered my head, waiting for his reply. I was so surprised when he suddenly exclaimed “EEEEEH?!” I guess disappointment hit him hard. I can’t help but to laugh. His face was epic.

“I’m joking, I’m joking!” I exclaimed, laughing at his now pouting lips.

“Then what?” Why does he have to be so cute?

“Niban.” I said. Almost immediately his lips turned into a smile.

“Really? Owah! I didn’t know I was that popular.” He said, rubbing his chin with his thumb. I laughed again.

“Well, actually that doesn’t necessarily mean that you are THAT POPULAR you know?” I exclaimed, teasing him a little. To be honest I’m quite surprise at how I can manage to talk to him like this. He turned to me and chuckled.

“Maa, ne. I guess.” He exclaimed and laughed along with me. I unconsciously was able to touch him again but this time instead of flinching we both turned our attention to the now sleeping dog. We both admire the cute fella.

“I guess I have to go now. Jam is already sleeping.” He exclaimed, as he carefully carried Jam.

“Yeah. Nice meeting you.” I exclaimed with the best smile I could possibly make, well without it looking too stupid.

“Thanks. Nice meeting you too Yui-chan.” He said, my eyes circled at how he said my name. I think he was able to catch it that he started to explain himself.

“Ah! I hope it was okay if I call you that. Your last name is too long and it sounds too formal, so I thought it would be—“ I cut him off and nodded.

“It’s alright. Good night.” I exclaimed. He finally smiled and waved me a good bye.

This is such a great evening! I sighed in satisfaction. This was indeed the best vacation ever!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

---

 

Well that's the first chapter, I hope you like it especially all the Kei fans out there. :) 
The next chapter will be Kei's side of the story! Please do leave a comment even if it's a short one.
I truly love to hear feedbacks from anyone. 

ilabya3, thanks for dropping by. ;)

Yui dea~! 

09-05-13