A Shadow Lurking in the Dark

They Don't Know About Us

Chapter 3

 

A Shadow Lurking in the Dark

 

(Yui's POV)

 

"Yui-chan, that's enough you can just continue that tomorrow, it's getting late." Airi's head popped out from the door.

 

"Yeah, nee-chan you're always working yourself too much." Chiyo did the same action thah Airi did, so both of them were already by the door.

 

"I'm almost done. I'll clean up right away." I exclaimed before going back to my work. I drew some pattern on the fondant covered cake with royal icing and lightly brushed it with a paint brush to create an embroidery design of a flower.

 

"As if you're not used to her, she's always like that whenever we have customized cake order." Upon hearing that, I stopped myself with what I was doing and stared at Misa.

 

"Well, I have to finish this tonight. You know I have a schedule that I follow right?" I said. The three of them gave me an 'are you serious look'.

 

"Oh just go ahead, don't worry about me." I said waving my paint brush in the air, shooing them away.

"But it's already late. It can be really dangerous outside.” Chiyo exclaimed, concern was indeed apparent in her voice.

The three of them intently stared at me and I stared back there’s no way I will change my decision. When it comes to work I’m quite stubborn. As they realized that I will never budge, they all shook their heads as if it was choreographed.

 

“Fine, let her be.” Airi added as she headed for the door. The other two followed her lead but didn’t miss to give me a short glare.

 

“Be sure to text us when you leave, so we can estimate what time you will be arriving home. If you will take too long we will get worried okay?” Airi added before she closed the door.

 

I can’t help but to smile at how caring the three are. We are indeed like sisters. The four of us actually live in the same building. Misa and I live in one apartment together while Chiyo and Airi share the other. Ever since the four of us became friends we never separated. Airi and I were actually the reason why the four of us became friends. I met Airi in the university I studied in; she was my sempai and was 2 years older. As we became closer I let her meet Misa and she let me meet Chiyo who was Airi’s friend. Then Chiyo and Misa met too because of the two of us, just like that the four of us clicked.

 

After a few minutes I finally finished the pattern I was working on. I immediately cleaned up and packed my things. I headed for the door and locked it. I exited from the back door and walked fast towards the main alley. Well to be honest it was kinda creepy exiting in the back door. I don’t know it just gives me chills whenever I pass there. As soon as I reached the main road I felt relax and took out my phone to send a text to Airi and Misa just as I promised.

 

As I walked quietly at the almost empty road, I can hear footsteps following mine. I managed to press the send button before I turned to look at my back. I saw no one.

I can feel my heart beating so fast and not in a good way. Is there someone stalking me? By the corner of my eye I can see a shadow passing by; no that’s just my imagination, I think? I increased my pace as I cannot get rid of this uneasy feeling I have. The sooner I reach my apartment the sooner I can relax. When I was just about to hit the corner though someone grabbed my wrist, I swore my heart dropped by the sudden contact. I was really being stalked. I was just about to scream when the person behind me pulled me closer to him, moved his hand from my wrist to my waist and covered my mouth with his other hand. I panicked well a normal person would right? I was just about to stomp on his foot when I heard a familiar, gentle voice spoke.

 

“Relax, don’t shout, we might gain attention. I won’t hurt you.” Is he kidding me? How am I supposed to relax when he has me captured? I stomped on his feet and freed myself from his hold.

 

“Itte~!” He exclaimed in pain. Seriously that voice was familiar; I looked back at the owner of the voice and was surprised to see him again.

 

“INOO KEI?!” I exclaimed, dramatically.

 

He shushed me by putting a finger on his lips while hopping on one foot since the other one was obviously hurting.

 

“People might think I was harassing you.” He finally said as he got over the pain.

 

“Well of course, what do you think it looked like?” I said as I rolled my eyes. Seriously even if he’s Inoo Kei this guy can drive me nuts.

 

“You can just approach me like a normal person you know.” I exclaimed as I shot him a glare.

 

“I almost had a heart attack.”

 

“But I’m surprised that you were able to defend yourself.” He chuckled while I finally find it funny.

 

“Why are you even here?” I asked, it’s already 10 pm.

 

“Well, uhmmm…” He looked at the empty sky as if the words he was looking for will just drop from the heavens.

 

“Well, I was actually waiting for you outside your shop.” He said shyly, rubbing the back of his neck while looking at the floor. His statement actually took me by surprised and surely I’m blushing now.

 

“When I arrived you were already closing so… I decided to wait outside.” He added while drawing some random figures on the ground with his feet.

 

“But when you finally went out my phone rang and so I answered it. When I turned, you were not there and then I found you.” For a moment there was silence and then he spoke again.

 

“I found you but had a hard time approaching you.” He added as he finally looked up at my surprised face. I can’t believe I made him wait for that long, now I feel bad for not following the girls.

 

“Well, you thought of a weird way to approach.” I chuckled and turned to hide the smile that was slowly growing on my lips. I resume my walk and he followed. No one spoke again.

 

Why is he waiting for me? I really want to ask him so I stopped on my track and he stopped too. He looked at me curiously while I gained the courage to ask. After taking a deep breath I exclaimed the question. Instead of answering me right away he resumed his walk and so I followed him. I watch him put both of his hand on his pants’ pockets and again stare at the sky.

 

“I don’t know.” He said. Disappointment hit me. I was just about to argue when he added a set of words that made my heart beat really rapidly.

 

“Maybe I just want to see you again.” He looked me directly in the eyes and chuckled. I… I can’t find any words to say. So I didn’t say anything. Surprisingly, it seemed like he wasn’t waiting for any reply from me and so he just walked with me in silence.

 

 It actually has been a week since he came in my shop with Takaki. But this guy always seemed to reappear just when I can manage to get him out of my mind.

 

“Ah! We’re here.” I exclaimed as I stopped in front of my apartment.

 

“Oh.” He simply said.

 

“I guess I’ll be going now?” I declaimed, but it sounded more like a question.

 

“Oh, yeah.” He simply replied. Why do I have this feeling that he wanted to say more.

 

“Bye then…” I said and started to walk away.

 

“I want to see you again. Can we do this again?” He exclaimed, almost immediately I turned to him with a smile.

 

“Yeah, I guess.” I said, surprised with myself I was actually walking back to where he stood.

 

“Just warn me next time so I won’t make you wait too long.” I said and looked up to him. He smiled gently as he took something out from his pocket.

 

“Well, I guess I need something to contact you right?” He showed me his Iphone5.

 

“Right.” I took his phone and put my number. I passed it back to him I then searched my bag for my phone too. I passed it to him and did saw his smile grew.

 

“We have similar phones.” He exclaimed while typing down his own number.

 

“Yeah, smartphones are very handy.”

 

“It’s getting late, you should be going now.” I exclaimed as I retrieved my phone.

“Good night then.” He gorgeously smiled at me and I smile back well hopefully it was a nice smile. Oh please not a silly one.

I watched him disappear at my sight before turning back to my apartment but before I can manage to take another step. I was attacked by three girls and yes they are my three friends.

 

“What was that?!” Airi exclaimed, almost shaking my soul out of my body.

 

“He asked for your number didn’t he?!” Misa shrieked as she stole my phone away from me.

 

“Did he ask you out!?” Chiyo exclaimed excitingly, jumping up and down. I can’t help but laugh at them.

 

“Wait! Wait! What are you three doing outside?!” I pushed Airi away from me and fixed myself. I grabbed my phone from Misa and stopped Chiyo form what she was doing.

 

“Well, we were actually going to check on you since it’s been a while since you texted us that you’re going home. Misa panicked so yeeaaah…” Airi exclaimed the situation as she finally calmed down.

 

“But now we know what you took so long.” Misa wiggled her eyebrows as she teasingly gave me a silly smile.

 

“So what was that?” Airi asked again, we headed back to my apartment while the 3 followed. I guess I won’t be able to free myself from them without explaining myself.

 

“Well, Airi-neechan, apparently that was one of the best days of my life.” I grinned at them as I took off my jacket and hanged it.

 

“More details pleaseeee!!” Chiyo gave her puppy dog eyes as she pulled me to our small living room where Misa and Airi were seated already.

 

As requested, I actually told them the whole story and by the end of it, I was attacked by Misa for unknown reasons.

 

“HOYY!! Get off me!!!” I shouted as I try to push her away.

 

“Oh my gawwwd!! I envy you I envy you!! I want to see Hikaru-kun too!!” Misa sighed as she rested herself on the spot she sat on earlier.

 

“So are you going to text him?” Chiyo ignored Misa’s ranting as stared intently at me.

 

“No. He shall be the first one to text! It’s a girl rule!” Airi said in a matter-of-fact tone. Well I guess she was right. I don’t want him to think that I was actually all over him. No way!

 

“I think she’s right.” I agreed with Airi.

 

Just when the three of them finally calmed down I received a text from him. All of them stared at me curiously so I really have no choice but to show them that it was him. Misa began to squeal that it took both Chiyo and Airi to shup her up. Well she’s always the “most excited one”.

 

‘Good night, I hope you’ll have a good sleep… Inoo Kei desu *smiling dog emoticon*’

 

I smiled as the four of us read the message. He’s really sweet.

 

“What should I reply?” I worriedly asked.

 

“Hmmm… Just don’t reply. He’ll think you’re asleep already.” As always Airi’s the one who suggested that. She’s always the passive one. But I don’t want to act like that to a person that I actually like. Yes, I admit it I like him. He’s my ichiban remember? And so far as the real him (in his private life), I haven’t seen anything to dislike about him.

 

“Ask him if he’s home already.” Chiyo exclaimed. Well yeah that’s a good one and the conversation will go on so I followed it.

 

Almost immediately we received a reply.

 

‘Yes, I’m home and safe *winking dog emoticon*. Aren’t you going to sleep yet?’

 

“Why does he keep on giving you dog emoticon?” Misa pointed out of the blue.

 

“We met because of his dog and he knows that I am quite fond of them too.” I exclaimed without looking back at them. I smiled as I replied. I heard nothing from them but an “Ooohh” sound.

 

Soon enough the three girls got off my back and let me be. Well I have to take a bath on my own right? I don’t know what he wants but I’m actually enjoying this moment. It’s not every day you’ll meet an idol right? I know this is too good to be true but I’m willing to take the risk. It’s been a while since I did that, I think it’s about time for me to step away from my comfort zone again and maybe just maybe fall in love again—well if ever it will come to that.

 

‘Have a good night. I hope to see you soon.’ That was the last message I read when I fell asleep (after I took a bath and lied on my bed for a few minutes). Tomorrow will be a busy day but I’m actually looking forward for it.

 

‘You too, good night, see you soon.’

 

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Haven't proofread it yet (too lazy... hihihihi... sooo yeah please bear with it!

 

Lol, you thought someone was going to kidnap Yui ne? Hahaha... It's only Inoo. :)) 

There will be no drama for a while. :D 

So this is chapter three and I hope you like it. 
The comment box is down there, please put something in there. AHAHAHA...
 
Special thanks to cerberusjump27 for leaving a comment. Your comment was actually the reason 
why I updated. :)) It really made me happy. Teeheee...
 
Thanks for reading-- well if there's anyone reading. 
 
Yui dea~
 
09-15-13