Chapter 2

Irreplaceable

1999, January 14.

“Hey jonginie,  happy birthday!”sehun plopped down next to jongin, causing the older boy jumped in surprise.  

“sehun!” he grinned, affectionately pinching sehun’s cheek.

“Ta-daah!” Sehun beamed. Triumphantly he pulled a large box. “Here it is!”

“Here’s what?” he laughed and took the box

“Your birthday present, of course”

“ahh.. Thank you, sehun. Can I open it, now? Jongin became curious. He expected that his birthday present will be as big as the box.

Sehun giggled “of course. It’s yours”. jongin shakes the box and unwrapped it. He searched for his present but he found nothing instead six marbles. It’s far away from his expected.

Sehun leaned closer, excitedly “so how was it?”

“Huh?” jongin asked, titling his head slightly

“What’s wrong? You don’t like it?” sehun pouted

Jongin shook his head “N-nope.. I like it.” He smiled

He hides his smile ‘SHOWTIME’ sehun tough.

“I’m sorry if my present is useless and not pricey. If you don’t like it you can give it back to me” sehun cried. Actually sehun didn’t cried for real, it’s just an act. He played prank on jongin.

“No… No…No… sehun. Hey listen to me; I like your present okay? It the best present in the world. It’s…………. priceless” a terrified expression on his face.

It’s too much. Sehun can’t pretend any longer and burst out laughing.  He snorted, trying to catch his breath.

It took a moment to register and then, “Oh Sehun!” jongin yelped indignantly, bashing him on the shoulder. “That’s so mean!”

“Well you deserve it,” he replied, wiping the tears from his eyes. “Actually, it’s not your real present jonginnie” sehun grinned.

“You better give my real present now” jongin pouted.

“Okay okay. Close your eyes. No peeking okay” jongin closed his eyes.

“Get ready kim jongin. One… two... Three…” jongin became curious, he peered. He though sehun is going to say something; but instead he angles his body towards jongin and he kissed jongin gently on the cheeks.

For a split second there’s a pause, jongin’s brain became froze. He barely registers what’s happening. He felt himself blushed

“That’s your real birthday present. once again, happy birthday jonginnie.” Sehun hugged jongin.

“jonginnie… everything’s OK?” sehun waved his hand. jongin snap back to see sehun looking at him, concern in his face.

Jongin blinked his eyes and look at him blankly. “Y-yeah, everything’s great. T-thanks for the present sehun” finally he found his voice.

 “Don’t mention it.” Grinned sehun, his face lighted up and revealed his perfect white teeth. “Ah! Jonginnie I forgot something! Mommy told me that you should come to my house. We will celebrate your birthday together.” Sehun jumped excitedly.

“But sehun… I…”

Sehun interrupted “it will be awesome! Mommy cooked your favorite food and daddy bought special birthday present for you. You can get two more present from mommy and daddy. woaahhh I’m so excited.”

 “Oh Sehun! Listen!” jongin yelled.

A little bit shocked, sehun faced him with guilt.

“Oh my god, I’m sorry sehun I didn’t mean to yell at you. I’m sorry…” jongin ruffled his hair and sehun nodded.
“I’m sorry sehunnie I can’t go to your home. I want to spend my birthday with mommy and daddy” explained jongin.

“Oh okay, we still have tomorrow to celebrate your birthday with my mommy and daddy. It’s not too late to celebrate, right?”

“Yes, you’re right. See you tomorrow. Once again thanks for today” jongin waved his hand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RR's Note : hiiiiii. sorry i haven't been updating lately. i've been busy with college thingy. btw, this is short update for ya'll. If any of you guys caught that grammar mistake I am so sorry since english isn't my 1st language. thank you for reading this story and see you soon guys~~~ *cyber flying kisses*