Chapter 3

Irreplaceable

I had just finished my homework and decide to relax on the veranda outside my room waiting for my parent to return home. I looked up the sky was already dark. It had grown too quiet and too cold, and there was neither moon nor stars in sight. Just a plain black canvas perpetually stretched to the end of the world.

I’ve been sitting here hugging Mr. Ted –my one and only plushy- for gods know how long. It’s getting cold and I decide to wait my parents in living room. I’ve tried to call them but none of them picked up my calls. I try again and again

“Hello” I started talking when the phone dial tone lifted.

“What’s wrong jongin?”

AH FINALLY SHE ANSWER MY CALLS!

“Where are you mom? When will y-”

“I told you jongin. I’m busy! Don’t call me if you’re just bored and want to play!” she answer and hung up.

Tuuut… Tuuut…

“M-mom?”

What was that? Is it really the way a mother greet her son happy birthday? I’m so upset, sad and angry. How come my mother said those words instead ‘Happy birthday my son, mom and dad will be home soon. Wait for us, okay?’ Oh how I wish that could happen.

The house was eerily calm and quiet, a bit too quiet for me to handle. So I took my sweater and walk toward the house which I have known well each side. The house is only limited by the concrete fence of my house. The House that seems warm, cozy and safe, it’s always wide open for me.

Dingdong

“I’ll get thaaaat” a soft voice greeted me from inside. Mrs. Oh came opened the door with smile on her face.

“Hey Mrs. Oh, can I get in?”

“Of course jonginie, come on. Sehun must be happy you come.” she brings me to the living room “look sehuna, who’s come?”

“jonginnie!!!” sehun shouted and ran toward me. “You decide to celebrate you birthday with us, right. Yeayyyy.” He jumped excitedly.

“I-I guess so” I shuttered

“eyyy don’t be like that. Go take a seat with daddy while I get the cake,”

 “Hey Mr. Oh how are you? I’m sorry for disturbing your family time.” I’m bowing to sehun’s dad

“Hey jongin, I’m perfectly fine. No, it’s no bother really. Here, take a seat.” He patted seat next to him. “jongin happy birthday. I hope all your birthday dream and wishes come true. Remember jongin, it’s not just a year older but a year better.” he hugged me and patted my head.  

“T-thanks Mr. Oh.” I hugged him back. Tears had threatened to escape my eyes, but they hadn’t.

“Don’t call me mr.oh again, jongin. You can call me dad from now.”

“yes Mr.O- I mean dad”

“here it is~~ let’s celebrate your birthday jongin. Come on dad”

I spend the night with sehun’s family to celebrate my birthday. After that, sehun hurriedly took me to his room, he gave me a box (again) but it’s look prettier than the one he gave me at school.

“What is it sehun? Another marbles?”

“no.. no.. no jongin. This is your super real birthday present. This is from mommy, daddy and me.” He grinned

It’s superman hoodie and superman keychain. A tear escaped my eye and went down my cheek. My mom and dad didn’t even give me a present, and they forgot my birthday.

“What happen jongin? Shhshh don’t cry, shh, don’t cry.” His short arms lifted me into his embrace.

“Nah I’m just too happy sehun” I wiped my tears. I really don’t want him to worrying about this.

“sehun… I want you to promise me something. Please promise me you’ll always stay by my side no matter what will happen in the future” I looked sehun with pleading eyes.

“I promise, jongin. Pinky promise”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EXO'S DANCING MACHINE

OH SEHUN'S PARTNER IN CRIME 

KIM JONGIN!!!!! 

and happy birthday to me too.

i'm sorry for freakin lateeeeeeeee update. so here's the chapter. i'm sorry if i made a mistake in vocabularies and grammars. i'd love to hear what you think so far so please comment ehehhehe. love you guys~~~~