Chapter 1

Irreplaceable

KAI POV.

I hate it. I hate everything. My life, My parents, everything except sehun and his parents. Ever since I was child they are had been there for me. Sehun’s parents took care of me like their own child. Never was it mommy or daddy who tried calming me down when I was crying. I also hated how they act like it was nothing, like they were never fighting. But that’s just what it is. An act. I know sooner or later they were going to get divorce.

It’s a painful reality that has taken me all these years to accept: being different, being broken. Instead of being supportive unit, our home has been one of incessant fighting, friction and worry. It means that instead of following my parents’ directives, I am forced to decide which parent to listen to.

And I hate it. I hate it being stuck in the middle of two sides, trapped in the center of the conflict, with no place to turn. I’m not on one side and I’m not on the other. I’m just lost in the middle.

Sometimes, I think the solution would be to just go to one side-to give one parent victory. But that means the other has to declare defeat. And then I’m forced to choose between the two people I love the most in the world to decide which one I want to give up. How could I willingly tear apart of my heart out like that? And as much as I just want one place to belong, I can’t choose with so many stakes.

I wish they would stop pulling. I wish they wouldn’t fight over me with so much vigor. With each tug, they seem to be telling me, “We each want you so much that we’re going to fight for you, even if it means hurting you in the process.” It sounds ridiculous when I put it that way, but it’s true. I wish my parents would realize how much their love is crushing me. I wish they could just see the things the way I do.