Touch 4

Tingle

A/N: I have dreamt so long of the day when I could write this chapter, and now that I've done it, I have some pretty mixed feelings. Nonetheless, slowly but surely the JunYo/JunSeob is amped up, so I hope that you enjoy the read.

Touch 4

Having Junhyung's assurance is one thing, Yoseob thinks to himself, and stepping out into the street wearing women's clothes is quite another.

The skirt had fit him like a glove, and he had mercifully managed to put on the stockings without ripping them altogether, but the turtleneck had him a little worried. For one, anyone looking closely enough would figure out he was flat as a board, and working out constantly this year alongside the boxing sessions made the illusion of womanly curves impossible. He didn't even want to think about the boots. They were lovely, to be sure, and probably of the high-end sort, made with genuine leather, but that didn't detract from the fact that they had heels.

"I don't think this is such a good idea, after all," he says shakily to Junhyung. "I'll just look like a transvestite walking beside you." As he speaks, he wobbles precariously on the steps. His bandmate quickly grabs hold of his arm and pulls him back to safety, turning him around so the two of them are face to face.

Junhyung's expression is solemn when he looks into Yoseob's eyes. "If you don't feel comfortable being seen in public like this, we don't have to go through with it." He slides his fingers through the long black strands of Yoseob's wig. It reminds him of three years ago, of those same fingers carefully combing through the wig Beast had just barely managed to borrow for their self-taken music video.

"I think you look beautiful, though." His voice holds only complete honesty. "I always wondered how Yang Yosoon would look, all grown up." And then he grins. "With abs."

Yoseob laughs at the last comment, but it's short-lived. Inspiration strikes Junhyung without warning and leaves as suddenly as it comes. He's just started drawing out the idea for 'Flower'; if Yoseob gives in to his embarrassment and insists they stay home, the song may never be completed. It will become just another of those balled-up pieces of paper in the trash that his friend will never reveal.

"What about your 'Flower'?" He sounds choked up, like he's about to cry. Maybe he is. He doesn't know why he feels so strongly, but he doesn't want 'Flower' to be a fleeting dream. Somehow, he knows 'Flower' will change everything for them.

Junhyung wraps his arms around Yoseob. "It's important, for sure," he admits, "but you're more important." 

He hides his reddening cheeks, burying his face in the crook of Junhyung's neck. It's not fair when he says things like that so easily.He knows Junhyung probably means that Yoseob is more important because he's the guidemaker, or because he's the instrument that will bring his songs to life. He raises his arms and loops them around Junhyung's neck, lifting his head to stare straight at him.

"I'll do it."

The smile spreads slowly across the composer's face, and wordlessly he extends his right hand for Yoseob to take. Junhyung laces their fingers together, not letting go even once. The two of them garner attention on the subway station, and at first he assumes it must be because he looks as ridiculous as he feels, but then he starts tuning in to the chatter surrounding them.

That couple is so cute! Look how he just holds her hand!

That girl looks sooo familiar... is she in an idol group?

Whoa, is that a celebrity couple walking past us? D'you think we should ask for their autographs?

Oh my God, isn't that Beast's Yong Junhyung?! Is that his new girlfriend? She's pretty cute! Not like Goo Hara, of course, but she just looks so fresh!

Yoon Seol Chan! In the flesh!

Hey, isn't that Monstar's...?

As expected, Junhyung's recent stint as the lead actor in Mnet's music drama has catapulted his exposure to the general Korean public, but thankfully he hasn't been recognized as Beast's Yang Yoseob. Junhyung smirks at the stark relief all but written on his face, leaning in to whisper conspiratorially, "See, they think you're cute enough to be in an idol group, Yosoon." The action invites more tittering and gossip from an ever-growing group of young girls and women surrounding them. 

The crowd doesn't let up when the subway cars arrive, and Yoseob finds himself practically plastered to the wall with hardly any personal space left between him and Junhyung. He grins at the passengers' awestruck faces, many of whom had realized an actual K-pop idol was commuting with them. "You're a star now, huh?" 

"That's right," Junhyung plays along, transforming into Yoon Seol Chan right in front of his eyes, "I'm a star, yo, a star." The two of them snicker at themselves, not paying any attention to their bemused audience. By the time they get off, any trace of self-consciousness he has left has been completely erased. He's gotten used to keeping his balance while wearing heels, but he continues holding the other man's hand anyway.

"Where are we going, by the way?" He finally remembers to ask. They're not going straight to the studio, that much is clear. Knowing Junhyung, whose sleeping patterns are erratic at best and usually involve him waking up at noon, though,  he already knows the answer to his own question. 

"A cafe," the two of them say in unison. Junhyung doesn't even look surprised, just smiles warmly and nudges him along, squeezing his hand lightly. He squeezes back, and for one moment Junhyung pauses and gives him another tiny smile before they resume their lazy stroll hand in hand.

The cafe entrance is inconspicuous, sandwiched between a closed-down bar and a shady-looking clinic. The store sign reads L'ombre in the Roman alphabet, with smaller Hangul written beneath it.

Yoseob scrunches his eyebrows together, trying to puzzle it out. "French?" Junhyung nods.

"It means 'shadow' in French, the owner said." At his confused expression, the rapper adds, "Maybe a metaphor for coffee?" Yoseob's reaction is nonplussed, and he shrugs, apparently not going to say any more on the subject. Instead he lets go of his hand, only to switch over to the right side and take Yoseob's right hand to swing the door open with the other. A few seconds pass before he realizes Junhyung is waiting for him to step inside first. Smiling sheepishly, he enters the cafe with the other man following right behind him.   

The shop isn't empty, but it's not overly full, either. Most of the customers seem to be regulars, and Junhyung proves to be one of them when he gets 'the usual' from the waiter who takes their orders. Yoseob excitedly points out the mouthwatering chocolate milkshake, but he freezes mid-sentence when the staff ventures closer to him, worried that he's given his identity (crossdressing K-pop idol) away. Junhyung picks up on his nervousness and takes over, watching the waiter with clear, calm eyes until he leaves their table. He hasn't seen that stony expression for a while, the one that causes people to label him the 'chic' and 'cool' member of Beast. It's a look that suits those in darker, more dangerous professions, not the member of a boy band. He doesn't think Junhyung is aware of how intimidating he appears at the moment, but that doesn't seem likely. His companion is almost always certainly conscious of his own words and actions.

"What, you don't like that waiter?" He teases. Junhyung snorts, but says nothing. Something about that waiter had rubbed him the wrong way, Yoseob surmises, but it would be better to leave him be until he snaps out of it. He amuses himself with the menu, and after several minutes the milkshake and iced Americano arrive. If the waiter appears a little more rushed than usual setting down their drinks, it's only because his friend has that ill-tempered look in his eyes that would scare away most onlookers. 

The only sound between them is the clatter of ice cubes as Junhyung rattles his drink vigorously. He takes his own first sip of the milkshake, and is delighted to find out that it tastes as good as it looks. Right in the middle of a particuarly loud slurp, Junhyung speaks up. "So about that song I'm working on," He starts conversationally, as if he hasn't been glaring daggers at their server for a while now, "I thnk it's going to be a little different from the ones Taeju and I have worked on so far."

Despite the raised eyebrow at his bandmate's sudden and unfounded animosity towards a staff worker of a cafe he obviously frequents, Yoseob can't help but his head in curiosity. "Different how?" Their rapper is always challenging new genres, taking it on himself to expand Beast's horizons. His heart thumps in anticipation. Junhyung laughs, and before he can ask why, his body is already halfway across the table and a thumb is sliding across his cheek and wiping off a smear of cream on his lip.

"Some things never change," he muses with a fond smile, settling back into his seat. He the cream off his thumb before reaching for a napkin, and Yoseob can't seem to avert his gaze. "We're experimenting with something jazzy right now, I think you'll like it." 

There's a strange tension in the air after that conversation that doesn't dissipate even after Junhyung shuts the studio door behind them, and then it comes to a head when he leans in to close the distance between them, eyes half-lidded and predatory. Yoseob doesn't resist, lets himself get pinned to the wall without any hesitation. 

"I want to kiss you," Junhyung enunciates slowly, eyes never leaving his. "But only if it's okay with you."

He knows their relationship will irrevocably change, no matter which option he picks. Even if he says no, he will forever wonder what Junhyung's lips would have felt like against his bare skin, what had prompted him to cross the borders of their status quo.

So he breathes out, "Yes," consequences be damned, and stands on his tiptoes to pull him in for a kiss.