Sight 2

Tingle

A/N: Oh my God I am so sorry for the long delay in updates!! A lot has been happening lately, what with summer school, mom getting sick and job hunting, so although I had a lot of ideas in my head, it didn't seem like there was a right time to put them into proper words.

Personal issues aside, I am so ecstatically happy with Beast's success for this comeback! :D 10 wins with 'Good Luck' and one win with the pre-released ballad 'No More', what more could you ask for? I'm so glad I'm a part of this fandom; I'm positive things can only get better for Beast from here on out! To celebrate their success I've finally gone through with writing this chapter (let's hope this productivity continues) after more than half a year in hiatus. If it seems somewhat disjointed, I have to apologize since it's been some time since I've last written for this fic. Thank you for your patience, your comments and your subscriptions and I hope you are somehow able to enjoy this newest chapter!

For new and returning readers, please be reminded this is a JunSeob/JunYo fic, and that this chapter has some KiSeung, since I am a fan of JunSeob, KiSeung and DooWoon. Happy reading!

Chapter III – Sight 2

“Kikwang?” His breath catches in his throat a little when he spots the head of platinum blond hair emerge from the doorway. Hyunseung looks half-dead, his eyes barely open, but it doesn’t change the fact that the loose black t-shirt he’s wearing is dangerously slipping off one shoulder and the tiny pair of shorts peeking under the shirt reveal a wide expanse of pale skin. Hyunseung really is beautiful, he thinks to himself, so much that it’s almost unfair.

He’s not aware he’s staring until Hyunseung walks over with a mischievous smile and pokes his cheek. “Are you planning to catch flies?” Kikwang snaps his mouth shut belatedly and flashes a goofy grin instead. Hyunseung gives him a long, pointed look before dragging over a chair to squeeze in right next to him. He’s too stunned to raise any protests when the wireless mouse of his laptop is stolen away from him.

“Beast’s Yong Junhyung Trades Girlfriend for Band Member,” Hyunseung reads out loud. “So this is what you were busy with the whole night?” Kikwang’s cheeks feel hot. For a person who’s supposed to possess a ‘4D character’, Hyunseung’s startlingly astute sometimes. It unsettles him.

Yesterday night, thoughts of Junhyung and Yoseob had kept haunting him. The issue is something he’s never bothered to consider before, but that one article has cast his perspective of them in a whole new light. Is it really just friendship, or is there really something more? Kikwang isn’t dumb. He knows there’s no way every single member of an idol group is completely heteroual, only that they’re harder to spot because male idols could do anything short of having up on and off-stage (as certain seniors have become notorious for) without rousing any suspicion. He simply never stopped to wonder if that might be the case in his own group.

If it turns out to be true, does anything change? Kikwang chews on his lower lip.

He gets jolted out of his internal monologue when Hyunseung snaps fingers right in front of his face. “Hey, hey, look what I found.”

Instinctively, he turns to his left. “What, what?” His lips brush against Hyunseung’s cheek, which has gotten a whole lot closer to him at some point.

Hyunseung’s skin is soft.

Kikwang yelps and frantically draws back, heart pounding. Trying to collect himself, he coughs loudly. “So, uh, what did you find?”

The smile returns to Hyunseung’s face, and he points excitedly to what seems like a website forum. The thread is titled “What did you think of the JunYo scandal”. The two of them scan the page, and soon enough he understands what Hyunseung’s getting at.

It’s not as big of a surprise as that writer’s making it out to be. JunYo have been stuck together like glue for ages, and Junhyung obviously likes, no, is in love with Yoseob’s voice. He personally took charge of ‘The First Collage’ after all, and he penned the title track. Plus wasn’t there the thing where Yoseob was complaining about Junhyung making him do crazy adlibs and unbelievably high notes? On the contrary, it’s stranger to think he could date someone who has no musical talent for so long, having the heart of a musician.

No offense to Goo Hara, but I gotta agree with the above statement. It must’ve to date someone who knows so little about music. According to Yoseob, he and Junhyung spend a lot of time together just talking about music. Yoseob’s his guide-maker right? Who knows what else goes on behind closed doors…hehehe

Junhyung’s never made it secret how much he values Yoseob’s voice. If you had to choose between a real talent like him and Goo Hara, it’s easy to see what the result would be. Anyway, gay or not, if it helps them to make another unit project, then I’m all for it, personally.

So they’re finally out of the closet? Lol

Honestly, he’s way more affectionate with Yoseob than with Goo Hara. They got pictures taken in public, but it didn’t look like they were enjoying themselves at all. JunYo have way more chemistry, whether on or off stage, kkk.

The thread is filled to the brim with similar comments. Few, if any at all, oppose the idea that two of Beast’s members might actually be in a gay relationship, and disses at Goo Hara are mostly aimed at her lack of musical ability. Kikwang has to smile grimly at the observation. The fans speak the harsh truth; she was selected as a member mainly for her good looks, not for any outstanding vocal technique or dancing.

“Ohhh, they’ve even got videos!” Hyunseung sounds impressed as he clicks on another link. Soon enough, a new tab is opened and a video streams on Youtube. The title is written in English.

“Junyo…moments?” From context clues, Junyo probably stands for Junhyung and Yoseob’s couple name. Kikwang has to rack his brain to remember what ‘moment’ means, but to no avail. Hyunseung looks equally clueless, shrugging uselessly. They watch anyway.

It turns out to be a four-minute compilation of clips from different comebacks, featuring Junhyung and Yoseob. Most of the scenes are familiar to Kikwang, but set in time to romantic background music they take on a different color. He didn’t realize Junhyung liked wrapping an arm around Yoseob that much, but the proof sitting in front of him doesn’t lie. His brows furrow as another clip of Junhyung sliding a casual arm around their main vocalist shows up on screen.

“He’s being way too clingy!” Kikwang bursts out, unable to contain himself. Hyunseung nods slowly, apparently too engrossed to even spare a word. He redirects his attention back to the video and the scene shifts again, this time to Junhyung whispering in Yoseob’s ear. The video even includes one Kikwang’s never noticed: their rapper whispering something that lights up Yoseob’s face, and right before Kikwang’s dance solo to boot.

The video finally comes to an abrupt halt just as he’s getting used to the idea that his friends could have been flirting right during his dance break.

“Oh.My.God.” It slips out of Kikwang’s mouth involuntarily, but he’s not the only one. He hears Hyunseung’s voice too, and it’s the icing on the cake. They start laughing hysterically.

Hyunseung points to the video with his index finger much like he would to a dish he particularly favors, and Kikwang gets a foreboding feeling. “This is pretty good,” Hyunseung comments with a smirk. “Very interesting.”

“You can’t mean—“ This isn’t how Kikwang wanted to spend the day. Well, it had all gone wrong the instant his brain had become too preoccupied trying to figure out Junhyung and Yoseob’s relationship, but he refuses to be brainwashed by fan videos. So they look cute together. It’s still not right to put hidden meaning into every passing interaction they’ve had.

Hyunseung waves away his concerns with an airy gesture. “We should be prepared for the worst,” he declares, as if it makes perfect sense. “Let’s watch our old variety shows! I want to see where the Beauties got their ideas from!”

He wants to ignore Hyunseung, he really does, but then the older man attacks him with the most adorable puppy-like pout, and Kikwang caves. It’s no use fighting against Hyunseung when he’s being this stubborn.

And so of course it’s when he and Hyunseung are cackling like mad over the cooking episode of B2st Almighty where they win, the video paused on the shot of Junhyung crowding Yoseob against the sink as they (mostly Yoseob) wash dishes, that Dujun wakes up with a roar for them to pipe down.

“Spoilsport,” Hyunseung mutters. Their leader’s eyes are bloodshot from lack of sleep, the whites more prominent than usual, and Dujun glares at the two of them. Hyunseung is unfazed, though.

“Good timing, Dujun. I was just about to call you.” He motions for Kikwang to wake up Dongwoon. “Kikwang and I think there’s something you two should watch.”