Sight 3

Tingle

A/N: To celebrate Ribbon's wins on Show Champion and Music Bank, I'm releasing a new chapter! :) Hope you enjoy the read and please take the time to stream the MV if you haven't already.

Sight 3

Kikwang is about to go for his daily morning jog when his phone rings. Out of habit, he immediately answers, curious as to who would be awake enough to call him at 5 AM.

"Hey, will you be there when I get back?" He blinks, unable to believe what he's hearing. 

Out of all the people in his contact list, he would never have expected their resident sloth #2 to give him a call, and at such an ungodly hour too. Hesitantly, he replies with, "Hyunseung?" What in the world could his band member possibly need from him?

"Yeah, it's me. Like I asked, will you be at the dorm later?" Impatient as always, a trait that depending on the situation endears or irritates him to others. 

Well, he's certainly answered stranger questions before, so he figures there's no harm in letting the older man that he will be, in fact, back at the dorm after he does a couple laps around the neighborhood. 

Except when he returns, sweaty and in dire need of a shower, and finds out that Hyunseung's brought a guest back with him. 

More specifically, his Troublemaker partner, Hyunah. Hair bleached a golden blonde and fair skin glowing beneath the fluorescent lights, she looks even more stunning next to silver-haired Hyunseung, the sun to his moon.

Kikwang manfully resists the urge to turn tail and head outside again. As it is, he can only paste an awkward smile on his face and whine, "You could have said something!" in between bouts of profuse apologies for his disheveled appearance. While it's true that they've worked together in the past, that doesn't mean that he's comfortable with letting her see the more personal aspects of his life, interactions with Hyunseung included. Most of his industry colleagues would probably raise eyebrows  at how much he lets the older man get away with, to say nothing of the increasing number of times Hyunseung has gone to his room and insisted they surf the Internet for news of JunYo. Kikwang would suggest that they ask the two involved people about it themselves, except he knows perfectly well how the scene would play out: Junhyung would refuse to talk and Yoseob would predictably stutter out something about being just friends. Beauties, with their hawk-eyed attention to detail, would most likely have discovered far more juicy tidbits than they ever could, especially with their varied schedules. After all, that's where they'd encountered the first of many pictures of their main vocalist all dolled up and looking very much like he was on a date with Junhyung.

An hour later, he vaguely wonders if he's entered the twilight zone. Hyunseung had requested (ordered) him to get his laptop and show Hyunah what videos they'd been watching lately. Kikwang had shot him a deer-caught-in-the-headlights look, but he'd been woefully ignored and he'd ended up  opening Youtube with clammy palms.

4Minute's frontwoman is apparently also a fan. Not just any casual fan either, if her reactions are anything to go by. It's completely at odds with the persistent rumor mill stirring up stories about her and Junhyung ever since he featured in an MV of hers.

He watches in a daze as she and Hyunseung get into a heated debate over who would have made the first move and why, completely bewildered. When they start seriously discussing positions and who would be more suitable for what, his brain shuts down automatically. He really does not want to  imagine if Yoseob would be better as a bottom or if Junhyung would enjoy taking it up the . Shuddering, he excuses himself under the pretense of taking a shower. 

...

"Hyunah's a fan?" Their maknae is puzzled for a second before he connects the dots and snaps his fingers. "Oh, a fan of that!" Dongwoon's face breaks into a grin. "How'd that happen?"

Sighing at the memory, Kikwang shakes his head. He will never think about Hyunah the same way again. "Trust me, you don't want to know." Her reputation has always preceded her as the K-pop equivalent of goddess, but seeing her riveting performances on stage and listening to her talk about , and with Hyunseung, no less, are two completely different stories. 

The maknae laughs and pats his shoulder in sympathy. "It's pretty fascinating, though," Dongwoon muses. "Who would have guessed she'd be an ally?" 

I remember watching that Caffeine performance at Music Bank, Hyunah recounts, eyes dreamy, and getting goosebumps. The atmosphere then was nothing like their duet together a year before. 'Thanks To' was playful and energetic; 'Caffeine' was charged with an indefinable chemistry between the two of them. I won't forget the way Junhyung-oppa's eyes looked. Their chemistry would put mine and Hyunseung-oppa's to shame, she exclaims, only half-joking.

"And a staunch one at that," he replies, still mulling over her words. Women really were more perceptive than men when it came to navigating the intricacies of human relationships. He would never have given Junhyung and Yoseob a second glance if not for that controversial article. Perhaps their proximity had blinded him to what an outsider to their relationship would easily be able to spot. 

Having eased into their topic, Dongwoon quickly fills him in: apparently their two lovebirds have sorted out whatever issues they had brewing a month ago--he personally doesn't get what the big deal is about Junhyung composing for other artists, but then again they've always had a sort of territorial streak going on between Junhyung's compositions and Yoseob's vocal cords--and just a couple nights ago Junhyung slept over at Yoseob's place. 

Dongwoon sends a leer his way., complete with wiggling eyebrows and exaggerated winking. "Do you think the two of them did it?"

"We aren't having this conversation, maknae."

"Or maybe Junhyung-hyung brought Yoseob-hyung to the studio...wow, that's pretty right--" He opens his mouth to retort, although he's not yet sure what, but his voice dies inside his throat at the sight of Dujun standing behind Dongwoon. When had he gotten back? They'd been so wrapped up in their conversation they'd failed to notice their leader sneaking up behind them.

Dujun's smile is full with the promise of divine punishment. It probably wasn't a good idea to be discussing their bandmates' lives with their leader within earshot, he realizes belatedly. Dujun's smile only widens at the bobbing of his throat as he nervously swallows. They're so ed.