Touch 3

Tingle

A/N: After a month, I'm back again! This chapter may tend to be a bit on the wordy side, but it's something I've been thinking of for a long time and I've been dying to write it out. Apologies if the writing isn't too good, and I hope you enjoy! This was something I wrote to celebrate Tingle's first birthday just this September 3. An unexpected cameo appearance is also in this chapter. :D

Chapter V – Touch 3

The doorbell rings before Yoseob has a chance to ask Junhyung what he means. Junhyung looks almost apologetic at the interruption, and the tips of his fingers brush lightly against Yoseob’s exposed nape before he turns away to answer the door.

The new visitor is tall, with short black hair and an infuriating smirk that sets his teeth on edge at first glance. Those curved lips seem to hint at knowing secrets that no one else does, and Yoseob doesn’t like it.

“I got your stuff,” The newcomer says smugly, taking his sunglasses off with a flourish and waving the shopping bags in front of him. “You owe me big time, kid.” Junhyung nods, clearly used to the other man’s grandiose gestures. He doesn’t miss the tiny smile of amusement that briefly accompanies the nod.

Yoseob swallows the unexpected wave of irritation that washes over him. If there is anything Yoseob is good at, it’s keeping his emotions in check. He greets the man he now recognizes as their industry senior, tone pleasant and neutral, bowing just enough to show his respect, but not one centimetre further. “Good morning. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, sir.”

Kim Heechul returns the greeting, though his bow is much shorter. Yoseob feels himself being scanned from head to toe by those sharp eyes. Junhyung’s always had a knack for attracting all sorts of people with that mysterious half-smile and humorous personality, and he and this man are no different in that respect. Kim Heechul, self-proclaimed beauty and well-known icon of veteran idol group Super Junior, has even gone so far as to include Junhyung in his inner circle the ‘Chocoballs’, which is reputed to only consist of blood type AB people.

“He’s not half-bad looking,” Heechul comments, as if Yoseob is not in the same room, “although that small face is wasted on a man. What a pity.”

Junhyung hums thoughtfully. “It’s okay,” he replies easily, walking over to stand next to Yoseob. The grip of the rapper’s hand is steady and sure on the back of his neck. “My face is big enough for the both of us.” The answer makes Yoseob blink and sets Heechul into a hysterical fit of laughter. From the corner of his eye he spots Junhyung’s pleased little smile, and he realizes that the self-deprecating words were meant to shield him from his own insecurities. The sight makes the pit of his stomach feel warm for some reason.

The Super Junior member doesn’t stay long, declaring himself too busy of a person to stay and fool around with them. He gives Junhyung a suspicious wink and tells the two of them to enjoy themselves. Yoseob nearly forgets the hand resting on the back of his neck until Junhyung belatedly moves away.

“I asked for help with going incognito,” he offers by way of explanation when Yoseob points to the shopping bags. “These should help us blend in with the crowd.” Nervous and more than a little excited about finally being able to escape the public eye, they take the bags with them and head for Junhyung’s bedroom to change.

Blending in, Yoseob soon finds out, is harder than it seems.

Especially when it involves wearing a short black denim skirt and a pair of ladies’ black stockings. He stares helplessly at the two items in question while Junhyung sighs and calls Heechul on the phone, pacing around the room as he does so.

“Hey, what kind of joke is this?! I told you I was going with a Beast member, right? Yoseobie isn’t like you, he doesn’t go around cosplaying!” There’s a pause on Junhyung’s end. “…Well, yeah, he’d look good crossdressing, but that’s beside the point…okay, okay, I know it’s effective for you but that doesn’t mean…” The rapper lets out a noise of frustration. Despite himself, Yoseob listens to the conversation, fascinated. It’s not often Junhyung loses his temper; even during their worst fights it had always been him getting angry and storming out of the room by himself, only to be later consoled by his contrite friend.

“Kim Heechul, if you don’t stop talking over me, hyung or not I’m going to curse~” Junhyung snorts at the reply from the other line. “Yeah, whatever. Anyway, we’ll figure something out. Bye.” He glares at the phone like it’s the cause of all his troubles and chucks it unrepentantly towards the bed.

Yoseob takes that as a sign that no, there are no alternative solutions. Sighing, he resigns himself to his fate. He hears a snicker when he inspects the sheer black stockings, but Junhyung’s remarkably skilled at pulling poker faces.

Some thirty-odd minutes later, between fits of hysterical giggles (because neither of them is prepared for the lacy black and a padded bra set that come with the outfit), more than a few instances of trial and error (with Junhyung trying not to have a mental breakdown as he hooks the straps together), and some choice swear words thrown in for good measure, Yoseob is finally properly dressed, or so he hopes. He is sceptical of the figure he sees reflected in the mirror, but Junhyung reassures him it’s not nearly as bad as he thinks.

“As long as you don’t flash your abs, we should be fine,” the rapper tells him jokingly. “Now sit. I’ll be right back.” As he leaves the room to retrieve something, Yoseob stares at his reflection. Big eyes, pug nose, small face. Will these features be enough to fool people, at least for a day? In the first place, he wonders what it is about today that has Junhyung exerting so much effort. The title he mentioned—‘Flower’—must be a new song, one that he’s intent on finishing no matter what.  He closes his eyes and tries to imagine it. What genre would it be? Which parts would Junhyung write for him? Would they be soaring high, bell-like notes as always, or would there be something like the low, controlled first verse of ‘Caffeine’, a song Junhyung had initially written for the group, but had eventually become theirs alone?

Yoseob’s eyes flutter open the moment Junhyung re-enters the room. There is no sound to betray the movement, but both of them have always had the uncanny ability to sense when the other is near. Dujun doesn’t understand it even when he attempts to put the feeling into words, and Dongwoon just smiles indulgently every time he overhears them discussing it. Yoseob likens it to an electric shock the first time he describes it to them, but Junhyung hides a shy, embarrassed smile beneath one hand and mumbles it’s more of a tingling sensation for him. The other four have long since given up dissuading them, and Yoseob is secretly pleased because that’s just one more thing he and Junhyung share between the two of them.

Junhyung sets down the bag he’s been carrying and dumps the contents on the bed covers. There’s a mountain of makeup, enough to make Yoseob raise his eyebrows in curiosity. Still, he says nothing. It’s none of his business if these are items his ex-girlfriend used, or if they were gifts Junhyung had planned to give. He digs through the cosmetic products for BB cream with a similar tint to his natural complexion, but Junhyung stops him.

“I’ll do it,” he says seriously. Astonished at the offer, Yoseob can only nod. “Just close your eyes and I’ll take care of the rest.”

Junhyung’s hands are nothing like those of the stylists and makeup artists. They are large, a man’s hands, smoothing and evening out the cream across his forehead, on the bridge of his nose, thumbs rubbing circles against his cheekbones. The press of the puff against his face is slow and deliberate, not quick and impersonal. His slender fingers trace the skin of Yoseob’s closed lids and lashes before the applicator fills them in with colour, before the eyeliner and mascara echo the paths his fingers took. Junhyung pinches his cheeks together and he puckers his lips obediently for the tube of lipstick. The wig is Heechul’s finishing touch, and once it’s fixed on his head Junhyung coaxes him to open his eyes and face the mirror.

‘Mystery’ music video actress Yang Yosoon, with pouty red lips and long black hair, stares right back at him.