When It's Time To Say Goodbye

Take My Hand, and We'll Make It I Swear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Himchan: "Cheers everyone! To hope and dreams...to Junsui!"

Everyone: "To Junsui!"

Jongup stand up from his seat and places his cup down. He reaches into his back pocket and pulls out a small box.

Jongup: "Noona, I'd like to thank you for the good times you have shared with us all. And thank you for sharing your musical talent with us too. I'm going to miss you Noona, we all are. Kamsahaeyo!"

Jongup sat next to you, so he turns to face face you and hands the little box. He waits for you to open it. Once you did, you smile and hug Jongup tightly. He returns the hug. 

You: "Gomawo Jongup-ah! I love it! It's perfect!"

Youngjae: "HEEEEEY don't take all the credit Jongup! I tipped in!"

Jongup and Youngjae had given you a silver necklace with a pick on the end and your name engraved on it. On the back it said "never give up."

Zelo leans to the side and clears his throat loudly.

Himchan: "Yah yah yah Zelo! They're only hugging!"

Zelo: "I didn't say anything hyung! Mehrong~"

Daehyun: "You leave at midnight, correct?"

You turn to Daehyun and nod in response.

Zinger: "Is it ok if I order dessert?"

Jieun: "Ne! Don't worry Himchan and Yongguk will split the bill!"

Himchan's eyes widen and he almost chokes on his drink while Yongguk gulps down his beverage calmly and with his other hand he points at Himchan.

Himchan: "Mwuh!? Aish fine! But Yongguk leaves the tip!"

As you sit back down, you look at everyone individually for a moment. You're truly going to miss them. For the past months they were all you had. They filled your day with joy and laughter. How will you manage without them? Especially from so far away.

Daehyun: "Junsui...do you have to go so far away for college? We have a school just for music here in Seoul as well. Why would you want to go so far?"

You were taken aback. You quickly turn to meet Daehyun's eyes and you look down to your lap. He was right. Why have you decided to take such a big step? Your dream school had always been Berkley ever since you have heard about the College of Music, but what about your friends? What about Tsuyoi? And what about...Zelo?

Hyosung: "Aish Daehyun! If that's where she wants to go, then let her be. There's a reason to everything."

Daehyun: "Mianhe...may I be excused? I need to get some fresh air."

Himchan nods and looks at Daehyun with squinting eyes. Just as Yongguk was about to stand up to follow Daehyun outside, Himchan grabs his arm and tugs it gently, indicating him that it was best to leave Daehyun alone for a moment.

Zelo: "Is Daehyun-hyung ok?"

Himchan: "Ne, he's just a little upset. Now everyone finish up! We have to make the most out of this day!"

Zelo: "Yessir! But by tonight, hyungs and noonas must shoo because I want to be alone with my noona!'

Youngjae: "Aish so selfish..."

Everyone bursts out in laughter. Twenty minutes or so seems to have gone by and you were starting to worry a bit for Daehyun, he's been outside for quite sometime. Just as the waiter arrives with more appetizers for Himchan and the others, you excuse yourself to the ladies bathroom. Instead of going to the bathroom, you quickly head out the door and peek outside. Daehyun was at the end of the block, leaning against a wall. You slowly approach him. Startled, he turns to you and looks down.

Daehyun: "I was about to head back...I have a slight headache."

You: "Are you sure, Oppa? You look trouled...is it because of me?"

Daehyun: "Ani."

You take a step closer and you nudge his shoulder playfully, "Liar!"

Daehyun: "It's just that, I don't understand! Why do you want to go so far away when we have a music college here!"

Your eyes widen, you are very shocked at Daehyung's sudden reaction. His breath was shaky and his eyes were welling up with glistening tears. You take a couple of steps back away from Daehyun, noticing he was getting a bit out of control.

You: "Oppa, please accept this-"

Daehyun: "NO! I accepted Zelo falling for you. I accepted Zelo wanting you to be his girlfriend. I accepted YOU falling back for Zelo. I accepted you and Zelo getting engaged! I accepted way too much and I cannot accept having you so far away!"

And the truth was out. It seems as if Daehyun had said too much and did not mean to spill all of the beans. Daehyun slaps his forehead and shakes his head.

Daehyun: "Mianhe...I didn't mean to get too upset. I-I..."

Impulsively and without thinking, Daehyun reaches out to grab your arm and pulls you to him. At first you thought he was going to kiss you. Instead he pulled you into his arms and held you tight. Daehyun was to pure and too much of a gentleman to pull a stunt like that. Especially since Zelo is like a brother to him.

You return the hug and the two of you stand still for a while. A violin could be heard playing from afar, then joined by another violin.

You: "Daehyun oppa.. I didn't know you felt that way about me. I hope there's no problems with you and Zelo-ah."

Before Daehyun could answer, you place your finger on his lips.

You: "It's best, if we left it like this, Oppa. It's my decision and I hope you won't hate me for taking such a step."

Daehyun: "I don't think I could ever hate you Junsui. You're too small and cute."

You: "Now you're just teasing me!"

 As the two of you head back into the restaurant, none of the others realized the two of you were outside. You join the others back into trying out some of the food the waiter has brought.

It was already evening, luckily you had packed up the day before to save more time for you and Zelo. The day had ended and you arrive home with Zelo. Tsuyoi was already waiting for the two of you infront of the door and ran around the house like crazy, happy that you are back home. With the help of Zelo, you carried your luggages downstairs by the door. The last luggage and you guitar case along with your trumpet case was place against the wall. You realize Zelo was quite the entire time and you hug him from behind and bury your face on his back, taking in his scent.

Zelo turns around and kisses your forehead.

Zelo: "Noona, can we lay down together one last time?" You need rest for your long flight to Boston."

You nod in response and the two of you head up stairs. Zelo enters your room first followed by Tsuyoi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter