Chapter 10

Ending Page (The Rhythm of the Wind)

 

 

 

 

“Hey kiddo… how are you?”

 

Amber pulled the chair lazily and sat on it, “good”

 

“I’ve ordered a cup of mochaccino coffee for you, you happy??”

 

“Hm… thanks, Vic”

 

“Aish stop acting cold to me will you?!”, Victoria protested.

 

“Hm, sorry”

 

The light brown haired woman sighed, “no use. Okay, I came here and asked you to meet me here because I wanna make sure if you’re okay or not”

 

“I’m okay”

 

“Nooo… Dong Hae told me you were sick”

 

“But I’m fine now”

 

 

“Excuse me, mochaccino coffee”, a waitress interrupted and put a cup of coffee on Amber’s table.

 

“Thank you”, Victoria smiled to the waitress politely.

 

 

Amber took the cup and sipped the coffee. Victoria kept looking at the tomboy girl. Honestly she came to the academy wasn’t just because Dong Hae told her that Amber was sick, but Jonghyun—Amber’s cousin—also told her about what Krystal and Sulli told him.

 

“Amber…”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Can I ask you something?”

 

Amber stared at Victoria.

 

“Are you okay for having a roommate, Amber? Does it hurt you?”, Victoria stared Amber in the eyes.

 

Amber looked down. She could be arrogant and cocky in front of the others, but no with Victoria. She’s like a mother to Amber, she was too young to be Amber’s mom though. But Victoria was the one who took care of Amber after her father’s death. Amber was even closer with Victoria than her aunty—Jonghyun’s mother.

 

“Amber… tell me… does it hurt you?”

 

“…………… it does……… she’s a pianist, Vic”

 

“………………… did she hurt you?”

 

“………… she didn’t mean to”

 

“Amber, look at me”

 

Amber looked up, her eyes were a little bit teary.

 

“I know you’re getting tired of hearing this but……… you have to forget it”

 

“I want to but I can’t”

 

Victoria sighed. She knew it wasn’t easy to forget such a nightmare.

 

“I understand… but… you don’t hate Krystal do you? She’s a nice girl Amber she knows nothing about you”

 

Amber took a deep breathe. She suddenly remembered the scarf that fell of her head—she knew it was Krystal’s. Krystal even tried to understand Amber’s feeling by using a headphone when she practice the piano—she didn’t even know and not bother to ask about Amber’s reason for hating the piano sound. She also gave Amber a basket of fruits knowing her roommate was sick.

 

 

“…… but I hate… all the pianists”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“HYUUUNG!!!”

Suddenly they heard a girl shouted loudly. All the people in the cafeteria turned their head to the girl that just entered the cafeteria.

 

Amber furrowed her brows as she recognized who the girl was, and that girl was running toward her and Victoria.

 

 

“Hi Amber Hyung!”, Sulli greeted Amber cheerfully.

 

Victoria frowned, “Hyung?? Who is she Amber?”

 

“I’m Amber hyung’s new friend!”, Sulli gave her hand to Victoria.

 

“Wow!”, Victoria shook Sulli’s hand, “you got a new friend Amber??”

 

“No!!”

 

“What’s your name, girl?”, Victoria ignored the tomboy and asked Sulli instead.

 

“Sulli, unnie!”

 

“Aigooo… do you want to drink something, Sulli sshi? Imma treat you…”

 

“Whoaaahhh!”

 

 

 

 

 

***********       

 

 

 

 

Krystal finished her class earlier today, so she used her spare times to practice piano in her room. After she practiced about two hours, Krystal lied her body down on her bed for a moment. Suddenly she realized that her bed was really mess and uncomfortable.

 

“Imma clean it”, Krystal mumbled.

 

The long dark brown haired girl got up and she started making her bed. She needed about twenty minutes to clean her bed and her desk. Now it looked good, no more messy bed, but somehow Krystal felt something was still wrong the room…… yes… the room.

 

Krystal glanced at Amber’s bed, ‘aish…… it does look messy… but…… no, don’t mind her business, that’s what Jonghyun Oppa said’, Krystal reminded her self. But somehow she was still starring at Amber’s bed.

 

Intuitively Krystal took steps toward Amber’s bed and she stopped right in front of Amber’s desk. She didn’t know why but something in her chest pushed her to know more about her roommate. Krystal roamed her eyes on Amber’s things. Her desk looked so messy. There were so many CDs and papers on her desk—some of them were sketch paper and the rest of them were papers with writings on it.

 

Krystal hesitantly took a paper.

 

‘if only I could stop the flow of time. If only I could turned back the time… but I can’t’, She read the writing on it,

 

 

‘Is it…… song lyrics?’, Krystal thought.

 

 

She put the paper and took another paper.

 

‘I’m restrained here… in a dark place… I can’t get out of here…’

 

She took another paper, ‘I won’t trust anybody else no more… no more… I saw two birds singing together… but the other one suddenly stopped… and I saw its friend pecked it from behind’

 

 

Krystal furrowed her brows. ‘These are song lyrics I think… did Amber write them? But the lyrics…… seem so…… dark’, Krystal mentally said. Suddenly her eyes spotted something among the pile of papers.

 

She hesitantly took that thing. Krystal looked surprised when she saw that thing in her hand. It was a photo, a photo of a little kid and a man. The little kid that was wearing a blue cap was sitting on the man’s lap, both of them were smiling widely.

 

 

 

“It’s …………… Amber and her Dad……”

 

 

 

 

 

 

******************        

 

 

 

 

 

“So... Sulli sshi is Krystal’s best friend?”, Victoria before sipped her drinks.

 

“Yes, unnie”, Sulli replied while munched cookie in .

 

Victoria nodded her head repeatedly meanwhile Amber looked at the youngest girl in this believe. ‘How can she’s here we don’t even know her’, she thought.

 

“Since when you guys became bestfriends?”

 

“Me and Soojung? Since we were really really little, unnie”, Sulli smiled widely, “soojung is like my own sister. I know her so well and she knows me soooo well”

 

Victoria giggled, “you sure are a good friend. Krystal is lucky for having you as a best friend”

 

“And I’m now Amber Hyung’s friend too”

 

“Yah! Who said you’re my friend?!”

 

“Amber why are you shouting?!! She’s just a little girl and she wants to be your friend!”, Victoria scolded the tomboy.

 

Amber snorted peevishly.

 

“Sulli sshi……”, Victoria said to the younger girl, “why…… you really want to be Amber’s friend?”

 

Sulli glanced at Amber, a pure smile was drawn on her face, “……because Amber Hyung is a nice person…”

 

 

Amber felt something warm touched her heart as she heard that.

 

 

Victoria held Sulli’s wrist, “You’re right, Sulli sshi”, she whispered while smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*************** 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung don’t walk to fast!”, Sulli tried to follow Amber’s pace but she was too fast so Sulli always walked behind her.

 

They just finished the ‘dinner’ with Victoria and went back to the dorm together.

 

“Hyung I’m here! It’s my room!”, Sulli shouted but Amber kept walking, “Goodnight, Hyung! Thank you for the dinner”

 

 

Amber stopped her step, unexpectedly she turned to Sulli, “Good night”, she said with low tone and then continue to walk.

 

 

 

 

 

“Did…………Amber hyung……just greet me…’goodnight’?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber threw her bag on the bed as she entered her room. She took a glance at Krystal that was practicing piano, the girl seemed so serious.

 

 

“Aish! Why do I always have problem with the tempo?! Stupid me”, Krystal cursed her self.

 

Amber took off her sneakers before she walked toward her desk and grabbed something.

 

 

“Hey”, Amber called her roommate, “Hey!! You deaf?!”

 

Krystal frowned, she heard someone shouted behind her but she wasn’t sure. Krystal took off her headphone and turned around,

“Since when you’re here?”, she raised her brows.

 

“Come here”

 

“…What? why?”

 

“I said come here”

 

Krystal rolled here eyes--her roommate would never treat her nicely she knew it. She stood up and lazily approached the tomboy. Krystal crossed her arms while starring at the tomboy, “what?”

 

“Take this”, Amber handed something to Krystal.

 

Krystal frowned again, “what’s this?”

 

“A digital metronome. It’ll help you controlling your tempo”

 

Krystal looked at Amber in disbelief, “……t… thanks, Am”, she took the digital metronome from Amber’s hand.

 

Amber didn’t say a word, she turned around and walked toward her computer set—took a seat on her rolling chair.

 

“Are you going to work?”, Krystal asked—trying to be polite.

 

But the older girl didn’t answer.

 

Krystal rolled her eyes again, “you never answer my question”

 

“………because I don’t have to”

 

 

 

 

 




_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Next on Ending Page

 

"Amber Liu, don't you dare to hurt Krystal you understand?"

 

"Who the hell are you"

 

"You might forget me... but I won't forget you... the one who ruined my performance...... you're weird you know nothing about music"

 

"SHUT THE UP!!"

 

"What?! You wanna punch me?? Do whatever you want... but don't you dare hurt Krysta..."

 

 

 

"Jong Suk Oppa!!"