A Weekly Dose

First Love

It was the start of everything.


“Sunhwa yah!

                Please bug Suho for me. Thanks.

                                                                                                                                                Kyungsoo”


“Kyungboy.

                What am I? Stop ordering me around. I am busy doodling here, you see.

                                                                                                                                                Pretty Sun
PS. Of course you can’t see.”


“Sunhwa,

                That’s it, you’re doing well.

                                                                                                                                                Awesome Kyung”


“Awful Kyung,

                Stupid Suho volunteering to pass the note. That’s why you two are friends.  

                                                                                                                                              Pretty Sun”


“Not-so-pretty Sun,

                Don’t exclude yourself, pabo.

                                                                                                                                                Cool Kyungboy”


“Ugly Kyungsoo and Sunhwa,

                You two should stop I cannot concentrate with your note passing.

                                                                                                                                                Suho”


 

What does it feels to be stuck in the middle of a battlefield? Right now it was what Suho felt as the two idiots on the either side of him passed their messages written in papers, in full awareness that they were disrupting Suho, whom is, or seemingly, concentrating on the subject that caused him to repeat a grade. The first note was okay, and he thought the two would stop as he glanced at them every time he would hand the paper to the other, but the two were unstoppable. Soon he had found himself tearing the next clean age of his notebook and writing two copies of the same message. His pencil engraved through the paper, the intensity of his irritation increased as he hears the two giggling. Can they do anything better than this? He thought to himself. And sometimes he wonders how he was dragged into their group.

Rolling the papers individually, Suho stretched both his arms sideways, handing the individual letters to his seatmate, but he did not saw what was coming.

A pair of hands grabbed the two letters, which then was followed by a silence so unlikely in a lively class. His eyes gleamed upward and were welcomed with an angry teacher in front of him.

“And I am really curious about these papers, Mr. Kim Suho.”

“But… Teacher Park, I did not…”

“How funny it is to make excuses when you are already caught in the act.”

“But Teacher.. Sunhwa and Kyungsoo started it!! I was just…”

 

“Kim Suho, Han Sunhwa, Do Kyungsoo. You three meet me at the detention room this afternoon!” Teacher Park shouted at the three, angered for disrupting the class with their note-passing.

 

“God, I’m involved again. It should only be the two of you!”

“Oh stop. Our detention experience would not be complete without you, Suho!”

The three stifled their laughs as the teacher continued to reprimand them.

✛--✛

 

If Kyungsoo had to count the times he had been in the room, he’d say the number is more than double the times he’d go out for a party. It was his party in his own way, a party he had once shared with a number of people until it eventually toned down to the common attendees, and that deduces to Kyungsoo and Sunhwa. And as the final year of high school came, they had managed to break the norm of troublemakers enter the dreaded room of detention. The duo had successfully recruited another associate, an unlikely student as he is a very studious boy. However the professor could not save him or even exempt him from the punishment. For whatever reasons, Suho was always dragged and inevitably, became a part of the detention trio.

 

Three chairs were strategically placed at the center of the room, the rest of which then were made to line the perimeter of the four walls, and at the front of them laid the teacher’s table where the middle-aged man sat quietly, keenly observing his three patrons as he pretends to read a book.

“You have two hours to finish that.”

“Yes, seonsang-nim.” The three responded in chorus, one voice of which echoed with dread.

“Aish, why do I have to do this again? I need to study for Statistics tomorrow!” Suho chanted to himself as he scribbled the sentence ‘I will not pass notes on classes again’ over and over. Kyungsoo and Sunhwa probably has grown used to such punishment – they spent most of their second year on the same room and with Teacher Park being the luckiest one to catch them with their silly antics, the punishment had always been this, or anything related to writing. It isn’t surprising that the two had the same pair of callouses on the bony prominence of their finger from the extreme writing – yet however the two seem to not get tired of the writing job. Suho deduced that perhaps it is because the two rarely write notes during classes – it was him who does the job for the three.

Sunhwa could only pass on a glare, followed by a taunting grin before turning to Kyungsoo, who was then positioned at her right, and stifled a laugh. It was then followed by the sound of clearing throat, and the three bowed their heads to continue to write on their booklets when Teacher Park set his glare at them.

Unsettling as it is, Suho finished the entire booklet exactly two hours after, and it could have been later if not for Sunhwa and Kyungsoo hissing on him to quicken his speed of writing. As soon as Teacher Park went out of the room, Suho took the chance to smack the younger boy’s behind for dragging him yet again in another two-hour session of detention – like it is their weekly dose of vitamin. Later they would know that indeed it was, and how they wished they had done it more than just once per week.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Finally an update. :) As I've announced, I've drafted the course of the whole story, so it will be easy for me to write and finish this one. It might take me up to 15 chapters at most. I will try to update weekly, or more frequent if time allows. After this, I will be simultaneously updating Secret Princess and The Ravisher's Eyes, while I will place Of Fates Intertwined on hiatus.

I do hope you enjoy reading this one. This might not be great, I tell you, but I am more than willing to take in comments, suggestions, and constructive criticisms :))