Like Yesterday

First Love

 

 

It seems like yesterday…

 

The pine trees that lined the garden, the same set of different kinds of flowers, the basketball court that only the paint of the ring board and the court were changed, the swings that rusted over time, the marble-made slide, the four-storey building that stood at the back of it all, remained almost the same, that very place that housed so many memories – memories that easily came rushing back in that moment he stepped his foot towards the gate.

How many years it has been? 6 years, his mind calculated so easily. It feels refreshing yet at the same time overbearing that he had to be in the same place once more, a place that allowed him to be flooded with the memories that he held so much in his heart, yet wanting so much to let go at the same time.

“I could not believe that boy whom I always see at detention would actually be my future colleague.” A pat on his shoulder shrugged him out of his thoughts. “Teacher Park.” The middle aged man smiled softly. “Welcome to Daeryun, Teacher.” The older one’s arms wrapped around the younger, guiding him as he stepped inside the school he once attended to.

Aside from the repaint and the new facilities, nothing much has changed. Even the old wooden bookshelf on the last room of the west wing of the second floor remained as it is. It feels refreshing, and nostalgic. “Teacher Jeon will orient you with your internship, though perhaps with regards to the school itself, you know better than her.” Teacher Park came in to his cubicle together with Teacher Jeon, a lady a few years older than him, he assumed. She greeted her with her warm smile, her eyes smiling along with her lips. “Please do take care of me.” He bowed to the two seniors in front of him.

He needs not any site orientation, but after the rules and whatnot, he urged Ms. Jeon to continue with her usual orientation programme, touring him around the campus. He was silent all the time, often cautiously nodding as Ms. Jeon explains each area. The tour became a walkway of his memories, especially when they reached the west wing of the second floor.

“Well, I heard from Principal Park that you were a frequenter in this room.” Ms. Jeon chuckled as she directed him towards the last room. There were few chairs and tables, a blackboard that seemed to not even replaced, and the bookshelves lined before the window pane. “I did not know I would miss this room so much.” His lips curved into a bitter sweet smile. “Can I stay a bit more here? I am guessing this is our last stop, right? I just want to sit and feel like a student again.” And Ms. Jeon agreed to his request.

“Oh, and before I forget, please do come down after an hour. There’s some sort of an event happening in that room this afternoon.” It was odd but he could only nod in acceptance.

 

“Kim Suho, Han Sunhwa, Do Kyungsoo. You three meet me at the detention room this afternoon!” Teacher Park shouted at the three, angered for disrupting the class with their note-passing.

“God, I’m involved again. It should only be the two of you!”

“Oh stop. Our detention experience would not be complete without you, Suho!”

The three stifled their laughs as the teacher continued to reprimand them. 

______________________________________________________________________

Hi guys. First of all thank you for choosing to read this story despite the oddness of the characters/couples invovled. The choice is quite personal so yeah. 
And sorry if this came a bit too short, I intended it to. I am quite having a hard time with the lenghty writing style that I always do, so I am trying to make the chapters tighter yet still in description. I promise to make this short so that I could finish this one. 

Anyway, thanks for the subscriptions! Please do comment below and give me your inputs. :)

P.S. The anonymity of the man involved is intentionally put to such. Wait until we get to the other chapters to reveal who he is, who is who. :)
I hope you enjoyed reading the first part. <3