Somebody to Love

Love Advisor

 

“Taetaeeee~~~” That was the first word she spilled out once she reached her apartment.

 

“Taeyeon-aaahh~~” She called again since her first call left unanswered. She felt very happy for the first date could be considered as a success one and she couldn’t wait to share the good news to her housemate.

 

“Shooshh~~ Tone your voice down a bit, will you?” Sunny came out from Taeyeon’s bedroom just when the brunette intended to enter Taeyeon’s room. The brunette startled and almost lost her balance if not because of Sunny who was holding her wrist when she was about to fall.

 

“Sunny? What are you doing inside Taeyeon’s room? Where’s Taeyeon?” Tiffany assaulted Sunny with endless questions. Sunny could only smile calmly and gestured Tiffany to follow her to the living room.

 

“Taeyeon is sleeping now.” Sunny announced the not so good news to Tiffany.

 

“What? How? But I thought she would wait for me. She messaged me earlier, saying that she would wait. Hmpphh,, that danshin!” Tiffany complained.

 

She annoyingly crossed her hands over her chest. She didn’t like the fact Taeyeon broke her promise and secondly she didn’t like how she let Sunny could accompany her to sleep. She felt.. jealous? She thought only the closest person of her could enter Taeyeon’s room because Taeyeon ever said once that her bedroom is her sacred place that not every person could enter it carelessly. However, Tiffany decided not to mention that thing, afraid that Sunny would feel offended by that.

 

“I was bored and I came here to play with her. I asked her to have a drink with me, forgetting that she has low alcohol tolerance. It’s my fault, Fany-ah. Don’t blame it on her.” Sunny protected Taeyeon from being scolded by Tiffany once the poor girl had woken up.

 

“What?! Yah! How could you ask her to accompany you to drink when you’re fully aware that she has low tolerance? What if she is sick by tomorrow? I won’t be there to take care of her because I have important meeting in the morning.” Tiffany protested again.

 

“Errmm.. Sorry? Don’t worry, if she is sick caused of me, I myself will be here to take care of her. Okay?” Sunny reassured Tiffany. The brunette didn’t answer it and still looked slightly angry mixed with disappointed. Sunny wasn’t able to guess whether Tiffany was angry with her or Taeyeon. Sunny hoped Tiffany would angry with her instead because she didn’t want Taeyeon feel stress more than she felt by now.

 

“Anyway, how was your date?” Sunny diverted the topic to lighten up the tensed atmosphere between her and Tiffany.

 

“How did you know I had a date?! Ahh.. Taeyeon, right?” Tiffany made a conclusion by herself.

 

“Yeah of course. So how was it?” Sunny eyed Tiffany who was busy typing message, maybe for the new guy whom she saw earlier. Once Tiffany had done sending the message, the brunette put her cellphone back on the coffee table in front of the couch.

 

“It was okay I guess.” Tiffany nonchalantly answered.

 

“That’s it?? Only okay?? Oh come on, Tiff~~ Be honest with me. Think of me as Taeyeon, your love advisor.” Sunny teased Tiffany, feeling relieved for the condition between two of them had back to normal.

 

“Humm~~ Alright alright. It was more than okay. He is a gentleman and he seemed couldn’t stop making me gawking at him caused of many reasons, his bright brain, his polite and nice behavior, his husky yet tunable voice, his deep stare, his handsome feature, his-“

 

“Okay okay I got it! I’m sure if you have to draw the conclusion with one word, you would choose perfect as the word, right?” Sunny felt enough hearing compliments about the guy because the more positive the guy was in Tiffany’s eyes, the more Taeyeon would be hurt near in the future. Sunny knew she had to be fair and objective but within this situation, she found it hard not to keep side with Taeyeon.

 

“Yes yes!! Oh my~~ He’s like a prince in fairytale~~ So perfect, so handsome, I can’t even stop praising him now. What do I do, Sunny-ah?? I think I’m falling in love for real now~” Tiffany said dreamingly.

 

“You are so easy to fall in love, aren’t you?” Sunny shook her head, didn’t forget to fake a chuckle to make Tiffany think that she was joking.

 

“Am I? I never realize it though. For whatever had passed in the past stay in the past. Aaah, I can’t wait for him to ask me out to another date. What do you think, Sunny-ah? You proposed yourself to replace Taeyeon, right? So now you have obligation to give me useful advices.” Tiffany grinned, still lost in her wonderland world.

 

“If you think he is worth it then go for it, give signals that you are interested in him, but don’t be too obvious because you are a girl. You have to play hard when he’s nearing you and play kind of cheap when he’s trying to walk away from you. Hmm, in short.. Like a kite. If you pull it too hard, the kite will be broken and fly away to the endless sky but if you stall it too much, it won’t fly. Errmm.. You get what I mean, right?” Sunny finished giving recommendation to Tiffany just to be replied by a blank stare.

 

“I will try to explain it with an easier term. Give him signals that you like him the way he likes you but! If you think he’s getting too close then play hard to get but if he started to feel bored because you’re out of his reach, you approach him again and gesture him that you’re not that hard to be courted.” Sunny exhaled once she finished.

 

“Ahh, I get it!” Tiffany finally could nod confidently.

 

“Good.”

 

“You’re as great as Taeyeon when it comes on giving advices, Sunny. Thank you!” Tiffany leaned in to hug the short girl.

 

“You are most welcome. Whhoopp I think I have to go now, Tiff. It almost 11 pm now! I’ll see you around, okay?” Sunny quickly grabbed her purse from the couch and stood up.

 

“Okay. Thanks’ again, Sunny-ah. See you soon. Let me walk you out then.” Tiffany followed Sunny and walked behind her to the front door.

 

“Bye, Tiff~~” Sunny waved for the last time before the brunette closed the door.

 

“I wonder how Taeyeon could keep up with her.” Sunny shook her head while walking to her car. Her thought regarding how Taeyeon could hear those hurtful reports coming out from Tiffany’s mouth every time she made a report about her date made Sunny restless even when she already gripped her driving wheel in between her hands. She just couldn’t get it how in the hell Taeyeon could pretend that she was unaffected whenever Tiffany praised or idolized over a guy who clearly wasn’t her. Sunny made a note to ask about that matter the next time she met Taeyeon.

-------------------------

 

“Tae, do you have any plan today?” Tiffany strolled around the coffee table before taking the remote to turn the TV off.

 

“Not really. Why?” Taeyeon asked back.

 

“I want you to meet Minho on today’s dinner. That’s if you’re okay with that I mean.” Tiffany didn’t forget to add the last part. She waited for Taeyeon to give her answer. It looked like Taeyeon needed some time to think about something that Tiffany didn’t know.

 

“Tonight?? Why so fast, Fany-ah? It’s only been ermm 3 months?” Taeyeon questioned curiously. Usually Tiffany would never ask Taeyeon to join her dinner date if the age of the relationship hadn’t reached 6 months or so but now it was barely 3 months and Tiffany had asked her to join her to the dinner date with her boyfriend who was no one but Choi Minho.

 

The following day right after Taeyeon was found drunk by Sunny, Tiffany told her blithesome story about that Minho guy. Fortunately, Taeyeon was accustomed already with Tiffany telling her stories regarding her date and the guy she was dating with so it wasn’t a new matter for Taeyeon. The shorter girl could only nod and pretend to be happy hearing Tiffany’s tale while sipping on her coffee once in a while. At the end of the story, as usual Taeyeon would give judgment words whether the guy was worth or not.

 

As much as her tongue was itchy to say no, but seeing how Tiffany was interested to this so called guy named Minho, Taeyeon didn’t have a heart to say no. She knew she shouldn’t be selfish and keep Tiffany for her alone. Tiffany has reached an age where she should have a serious relationship and since she knew there’s no chance for her to have a romantic relationship with Tiffany; she unwillingly nodded her head and said that Minho was worth for second date.

 

Second date grew into third date. Third date upgraded into fourth date and so on until Minho finally confessed his feelings on their seventh date. Apparently Sunny’s suggestion about played it like a kite worked out after all. Tiffany was of course accepted his feelings for she had put her interest long time ago before the Minho guy even knew her name. Tiffany again had to announce that she was official with Minho to Taeyeon. That night, the night when Tiffany declared that she had been taken by Minho, a new sad song was born. This time, Jessica had the luck to sing the newly created song composed by Taeyeon.

 

“I know right? But I have this strong feeling that he will be my last, Taetae~~ So I think, why not quicken it up a bit. Who knows this guy will end up as my husband, right?” Tiffany grinned widely, totally oblivious with Taeyeon’s chipped heart which by now had already tear up into pieces.

 

“Really? I’m happy for you then~ What time the dinner will be? I have to prepare decent dress to welcome him into your life and our little family.” Taeyeon smiled, ignoring her crushed heart. Taeyeon often praised her heart for always reformed and did regeneration no matter how many times it had been damaged and wrecked before.

 

“Supposedly he will be here in an hour. So you better get ready from now. Wear you best dress. I want my best friend slash my soon to be bride maid look good in his eyes. However! Don’t even dare to think to grab him away from me, okay Taetae??” Tiffany winked playfully. The brunette then left to her room to prepare herself for the dinner.

 

“How could I even think about taking him away from you when you are the one that I really love and want in the first place?” Taeyeon murmured silently to the already walking away brunette.

----------------------------

 

“But, Dad!! I still have some months left before my 27th birthday!!” Taeyeon protested to her father through the phone. She was alone inside her apartment as usual while Tiffany was at work.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, I believe you perfectly realize that it is now 2 months away to your birthday! And the last update I received saying that you didn’t make any positive progress with your housemate! She even has a boyfriend now, Tae!! Go back to earth, will you?! Stop daydreaming! Stop hoping after something that you’re fully aware that you will never have!!” Her father debated back.

 

“……………..” Taeyeon was speechless for she knew that her father was absolutely right. There’s no way she could change Tiffany’s heart and mind in mere 2 months. Heck, even a decade wasn’t enough to convey her feelings for Tiffany, moreover 2 months! Not to mention that this time she got a perfect guy, flawless gentleman as her boyfriend and soon to be fiancé.

 

Yes, you read it right. Two days ago, Minho secretively contacted Taeyeon, asking her to meet up for lunch. Taeyeon didn’t have a reason to reject so she just said yes to the request. Finished lunch, the guy asked Taeyeon to help him choose the right diamond ring for Tiffany. He told her that in about a month, he wanted to propose Tiffany on their 6th anniversary. Taeyeon weakly nodded and started to elaborate every little thing she knew about Tiffany that could help Minho to pick the diamond ring. After some time, Minho chose a ring with pale pink diamond decorated the ring. It was beautiful and Taeyeon was more than sure that Tiffany would love it.

 

Minho drove Taeyeon to her apartment and didn’t forget to say his gratitude toward her. Taeyeon put her best effort to give sincere smile to Minho before running away to enter her apartment. Once she was sure the door had been locked, she hurriedly brought herself to her studio and started to compose new song. This time the song was hard to be written since the paper kept being replaced for it would end up torn after some letters written on it. The main reason of the torn paper was of course because of the tears which continued dripping from Taeyeon’s two eyes. That day, Taeyeon didn’t even open her studio’s door no matter how many times Tiffany tried to knock it from outside. She ended up sleeping inside the studio with uncomfortable position and woke up when Tiffany had gone to work.

 

“You’re even speechless now, Tae? See, even you yourself admit that my words are right! Now you better start packing now because I have booked your flight for tomorrow afternoon! I will have the ticket emailed later. Am I clear?” Her father felt bad for her daughter. His voice softened and he waited for his daughter’s answer.

 

“I understand, Dad. I’ll see you soon then.” Taeyeon gave up. She admitted her defeat and she felt that she should pull up the white flag now.

 

“Great! That’s my daughter~ See you, Tae and be careful on your way here, alright?” Her father almost pressed the red button on her phone when Taeyeons’ call stopped her.

 

“Dad, can I ask you a favor?” Taeyeon hesitantly asked.

 

“What is it, Taeyeon-ah?” Her father’s deep voice somehow hushed her nervous down.

 

“Please don’t tell Tiffany about our deal no matter what and don’t tell her about my wedding plan also. Can you do that?”

 

“But she’s your best friend. No matter how hurt it feels to have your love unrequited, she still has right to know her best friend’s wedding, right?”

 

“Please, Dad~ I have my reason.”

 

“Alright. You have my words then.”

 

“Thank you, Daddy. I owe you a lot.”

 

“That’s okay. See you, Tae.”

 

“See you.” Taeyeon hung up the phone.

 

“Well, I guess my time is up. I never thought this day would finally come though. What should I say to her about my sudden departure?” Taeyeon scratched her neck while thinking, doing brainstorming to find adequate reason to give to Tiffany should the brunette gave her endless question regarding her leaving to the States.

---------------------------

 

"Taeee.. Taeyeon-aahh" The same name Tiffany always managed to call whenever she arrived at her apartment.

 

"Oh darn! Why would she come this early!" Taeyeon abruptly knocked off her half filled luggage, didn't bother to zip it up beforehand. She kicked the luggage under the bed and quickly tidied up herself before Tiffany barged in.

 

"Taetae?? Hey, what are you doing? Why is your room look so errrmm.. Disorganized?" Tiffany observed the room meticulously. She looked at the opened drawer, the scattered bra and on the bed, the shoes and heels lay messily on the floor.

 

"Where are you going?! Don't tell me you have intention to move out from here and leave me behind?!" Tiffany snapped. She grimaced, showing an unhappy face to Taeyeon.

 

"What are you talking about, Fany-ah? I will only have sleepover at Sunny's place." Taeyeon chose to lie because she was so busy packing, making sure she wouldn't leave anything important behind tha she forgot to think what to tell Tiffany about her embarkation.

 

"Sleepover? Why so sudden? What's the occasion?" Tiffany didn't want to give up. She perceived something amiss with Taeyeon's weird behavior but decided to ignore it for now. Besides, Taeyeon knew well that Tiffany despised liar so, there's no way Taeyeon would lie to her, right?

 

"Uhm? Well she said she missed having me around. It's been a long time since I have time to spend with her. So yeah that's why. Is it okay with you?" Taeyeon found a quick reason to make up. She reminded herself to ask Sunny to help her to lie along later.

 

"Really? Then why don't you aske her to have a sleepover here instead? It will be more practice right? First, you don't have to leave me alone tonight and secondly, the more the merrier, isn't it?" Tiffany smartly exclaimed. Taeyeon silently punched herself for forgetting how bright her housemate was.

 

"It's kind of private, Fany-ah. I'm sorry. She told me that she wanted to share something about love problem. So will you borrow this love advisor of yours to Sunny for the night?" Taeyeon made another excuses almost instantly that it even shocked Taeyeon herself.

 

Taeyeon smiled cutely, trying to melt Tiffany's anger. She knew Tiffany hated being alone. She remembered the last time Taeyeon left to the states to visit her parents, the brunette always made sure to make Taeyeon accompany her to sleep via Skype. Sometimes when Taeyeon was outside caused by time difference, she would coo Tiffany to sleep through the phone. They would talk endlessly and Taeyeon would kind enough to do the story telling until she was sure that Tiffany had gone to sleep.

 

"Sigh. Fine! But only for tonight, okay? And it's non-negotiable!" Tiffany warned seriously, threw Taeyeon her famous deadly glare to the latter. Taeyeon gulped hard and nodded her head in fear.

 

"Good! Because I don't like to share my property with anyone, including best friend." Tiffany added.

 

"What do you mean?" Taeyeon kept her composure, trying hard to kill every butterfly that tries to fly inside her stomach. She must not be flattered because flattery won't get her anywhere. She had lost and she kept reminding that harsh fact about her to stop herself from being too happy.

 

"You are my love advisor. Mine. And you just said that Sunny needed you as her love advisor for the night. It means I have to lend you to her and I don't like it, Taetae. Consider me being generous today so I willingly let you being borrowed." Tiffany explained.

 

"Yes, Madam. I will leave Sunny's place before noon." Taeyeon couldn't hold back her grin anymore. Yes, she was happy and pleased with Tiffany's possessiveness toward her. If only she was swing her way, then maybe.. Probably.. Perhaps... Taeyeon stopped at that, knowing that it wasn't possible in the first place.

 

"Good! Do you want me to pick you up tomorrow?" Tiffany sat on the bed, leaning her back on the bed post.

 

"Nope. I'll have Sunny drive me tomorrow." Taeyeon reasoned out.

 

"Okay then. Do you want me to drive you to her place then?" Tiffany tried again. She didn't know why she had a bad feeling about this. It was only for a night yet Tiffany felt the unknown insecurity that tugged her heart, it seemed like Taeyeon would leave her for good.

 

"You don't have to. I'll just have a cab." Taeyeon hid the giddy and cheerful feelings she felt for Tiffany seemed so concern with her tonight.

 

"Are you sure?" Tiffany insisted.

 

"Yeah. Pretty sure." Taeyeon nodded.

 

"When will you leave?"

 

"In a minute. I'll just have to prepare clothes."

 

"Why you need to bring clothes? A pajama should be enough, right? You won't spend more than half a day there anyway." Tiffany commented.

 

"Humm.. In case she asked me to have breakfast together, I should be ready right? Better go prepared. Why are you so suspicious with me, Fany-ah? I'm not a villain." Taeyeon chuckled.

 

"Right. Sorry?" Tiffany grinned.

 

"You don't have a date tonight?" Taeyeon changed the topic. She knew if she brought the topic further, her biggest secret might be revealed.

 

"Nope. I was planning to watch a movie together with you while talking about everything and nothing just like old times but well.. I guess we can't do that this time, can we?" Taeyeon felt guilty overwhelmed her. However she braced herself to stay unaffected.

 

"Yeah. Sorry for that. I think I have to leave now." Taeyeon cut their conversation short.

 

"That's alright. We can do it next week, right?" Tiffany beamed a smile. Taeyeon didn't answer and could only smile a little.

 

"I'll walk you to the door." Tiffany stood up. Taeyeon zip her backpack and wore her cap.

 

"Goodbye, Fany-ah." Taeyeon stepped forward and hugged Tiffany tightly. Utilizing this last moment as much as she could. She wrapped her arms around Tiffany's waist and brought the brunette closer to her body, feeling her body warmth, sniffing her body scent and tried to record her inside her mind, making sure that she would never forget Tiffany's familiar scent she loved so much.

 

"You are weird, Taetae. We'll see each other tomorrow." Tiffany pulled away and chuckled.

 

"Hahha.. Sorry. I'll be missing you, Fany-ah. Try not to miss me too much, okay?" Taeyeon joked, disguising her sadness for leaving Tiffany beneath that smile.

 

"You wish, Taetae!! I won't miss you!" Tiffany pulled out her tongue.

 

"Bye, Fany-ah. I love you." Taeyeon leaned in to kiss Tiffany's forehead.

 

"You really are weird indeed." Tiffany frowned once Taeyeon removed her lips away from her forehead.

 

"I'm going now." Taeyeon ignored the remark and tied up her shoelace.

 

"For whatever your reason may be. I love you too, Taetae." Tiffany replied.

 

Taeyeon automatically turned her head around hearing the reply she longed to hear for years. Tiffany laughed seeing Taeyeon's reaction. Tiffany lowered down her body a bit to kiss Taeyeon's cheek.

 

"Bye! See you tomorrow." Tiffany blushed hard yet she didn't know the reason why.

 

"Bye!" Taeyeon with a heavy heart stepped out from the apartment. She asked Tiffany to just get back in since it was cold outside.

 

"If only you mean those words, Fany-ah. Tsk.. What am I thinking? You will never love me the same way." Taeyeon shook her head, her hand still attached on her right cheek, where Tiffany's lips were at moments ago.

-----------------------

 

"Tae? What are you doing here??" Sunny lazily opened the door. She was just enjoying her nap when Taeyeon suddenly rang her belldoor.

 

"Errmm.. Can I come in first?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Sure. Come in." Sunny stepped aside and let her best friend entered her apartment. Different from Taeny's apartment, Sunny's one was a little bit smaller yet still classy. She lived alone anyway.

 

"So? Tell me now why you're here." Sunny watched Taeyeon taking off her coat and put her backpack down on the floor.

 

"It's a long story. Can I have a glass of water first?" Taeyeon showed her dimple to make Sunny complied with her request. Sunny shrugged and went to the kitchen, giving what Taeyeon asked and sat across of Taeyeon, waited for the guest to start her story.

 

Taeyeon inhaled deeply before telling what had happened between her and her father, what her father had asked her, Tiffany who suddenly came home earlier than usual, and lastly, the lies she had told the brunette and why she ended up her bringing her backpack only. Sunny attentively paid attention to Taeyeon's story. Sometimes she would nod and often wrinkled her face in disagreement.

 

"So you left your luggage behind and made a quick change of plan, huh? Why don't you just tell her the truth that you'll go to L.A tomorrow afternoon?" Sunny grimaced. She huffed and again shook her head.

 

"And have her yelled, snapped, and mad at me?? Thank you but no thank you. Besides, I don't think she care whether I'll stay single forever or having my single status taken 2 months from now." Taeyeon argued.

 

"At least you wouldn't have to give her white lies, right? It's not fair for her, Taeng. She always tells you about her relationship, even the guy she's having crush with. And now you'll have your marriage with unknown person 2 months from now and not even a word of explanation you gave her?! I will surely kill you if I was her." Sunny scoffed at her without any hesitation.

 

"............." Taeyeon couldn't answer Sunny's elucidation regarding the matter between her and Tiffany.

 

"I'm right. You know I am." Sunny proudly remarked.

 

"I'll tell her when the time is appropriate." Taeyeon made an excuse.

 

"And when is appropriate according to your stupid dictionary?" Sunny adamantly asked.

 

"When I at least have met my fiance, Sunny." Taeyeon calmly answered. She knew Sunny was impatiently kind of mad at her for being dishonest to Tiffany. But Taeyeon was sure that she knew Tiffany best and that's why she also knew that it was better for making Tiffany shadowed by her lies at least for now.

 

"You always claim yourself as the person know Tiffany the best but I don't think this time you're right." Sunny let out a sigh. Taeyeon didn't answer Sunny's statement.

 

"Well, it's your choice anyway. I don't have right to meddle with your decision. Just don't say that I didn't remind you about it." Sunny ended their silly argumentation.

 

"Thanks'"

-----------------

 

"Have you packed everything? Passport? Ticket? Handphone? Charger?" Sunny read the note in her palm about the list of things that Taeyeon had to bring.

 

"Yes yes and yes. Checked! I've got it all inside my bag." Taeyeon said while checking the existence of the things Sunny mentioned.

 

"How about clothes? How many you've managed to slip in inside your backpack?" Sunny discarded the list note.

 

"Just 2 of it. I'll just buy new ones when I've arrived there." Taeyeon commented casually.

 

"Then I think that's all. I'll miss your presence though. Call me when you've landed okay?" Sunny sadly said. She felt that she had missed Taeyeon already even the girl hadn't ledt her apartment yet.

 

"I'll miss you too, Sunny. Yep! I'll inform you when I'm there already." Taeyeon brought her backpack on her shoulder and stood up, heading to the front door.

 

"Are you sure you don't need me to drive you to airport?" Sunny threw a somber gaze to her best friend.

 

"And having you hold me back and make me late to catch my flight? No, thank you Soonkyu. I appreciate your good intention though." Taeyeon pulled up the socks and started to put on her running shoes.

 

"Will you send me the wedding invitation?" Sunny sat beside Taeyeon, watching her tying her shoestring.

 

"Of course! I'll send two of them. Give one for Tiffany, alright?" Taeyeon grievously said. She inhaled and exhaled to keep her composure.

 

"Okay. You take care there, Taeng. Call me!" Sunny used her thumb and pinky finger, making a phone form with her right hand.

 

"Aye aye, Sunny! Bye for now. Thanks' for everything. I may fail in showing how grateful I am to have you as my best friend but I really do, Sunny. I love you, buddy." Taeyeon embraced Sunny for the last time before the taxi's honk forced them to pull away from the hug.

 

"I love you too, bestie. I'll see you in 2 months." Sunny walked Taeyeon until she climbed on the passenger seat and gone from the sight.

 

"I hope you can gain your happiness there, Taeng. Maybe Tiffany isn't the one for you." Sunny with head hung low back to the empty apartment and closed the door behind her.

---------------------

 

*Ding Dong*

 

*Ding Dong

 

Sunny was still in deep grief when her door bell rang again. She quickly crawled from her couch and literally ran to the front door, thinking that it was probably Taeyeon. Maybe the girl forgot her passport or her ticket or maybe she changed her mind to leave. Sunny shook her head when that thought appeared, thinking it was impossible because seeing Taeyeon's eyes before, she was sure Taeyeon had made determination not to stay in Seoul any longer.

 

*Ding Dong*

 

"This girl must be afraid that she'd be late to the airport. Clumsy Taeng." Sunny commented inside her head before rotated the key counter clockwise to unlock the door.

 

"Fany?" Sunny saw a panting girl with sweats drenched her clothes and forehead.

 

"Where's *pant* Tae *pant* yeon?? Where's *pant* she???" Tiffany had a difficulty to breathe properly. She had been running since she got down from her cark on the parking area.

 

"Hey.. Calm down. Come in first. Let me get you water." Sunny allowed Tiffany to enter her apartment. She left Tiffany to take the water from the dispenser.

 

"Thank *pant* you.." Tiffany quickly gulped down the water. Bottoms up and in mere seconds, the glass was empty.

 

"Where's Taeyeon? I saw her almost loaded luggage under her bed. Where's she going??! She didn't leave me, did she?!!" Tiffany lost control of her voice tone. She was panic, afraid, frightened that her bad feeling came true.

 

"Relax, Tiff. Control your emotion first." Sunny commanded. Tiffany leaned back, sluggishly rested her back on the couch.

 

"She just left to airport about 15 minutes ago. Her flight to L.A should be uhmm.." Sunny paused, took a quick glimpse to the hanging watch on the wall.

 

"About an hour and half from now." Sunny continued coolly, pretended not to know about the shocking expression reflected on Tiffany's face.

 

"WHAT?!! You're kidding with me, right? It was just a bad joke, right? Or could it be that Taeyeon pull a prank on me?!!" Tiffany abruptly pushed her body up and started to roam around the apartment.

 

"Taee!!" Tiffany called Taeyeon's name.

 

"Taeyeon-ah!! Taetae!! Show yourself! It's not funny anymore you know!" Tiffany entered each of room inside the apartment, starting from the kitchen, bedroom, to the bathroom but she still couldn't find the particular person.

 

"Fany-ah, stop it will you? She's not here. And I was being serious when I told you she left to L.A this afternoon." Sunny felt bad for the latter. She stood up and approached Tiffany, pulled her back to the long couch.

 

"Then I have to drive to the airport now! I must prevent her from boarding the plane!!" Tiffany walked fast to grab her purse.

 

"Don't!" Sunny grasped her wrist and stopped her from moving out the apartment.

 

"What do you mean by don't?! I have to hurry or I won't make it!! She will not leave me!!" Tiffany yanked her wrist away, pulling out her cellphone and dialled Taeyeon's number.

 

"Come one!! Agh!! Now why she isn't picking up!!" Tiffany scoffed angrily, stomping her feet on the ground madly. She paced around the room, clueless with Sunny who had locked the front door.

 

"Damn! I guess I just have to go after her." Tiffany harshly hung up and headed to the front door. She turned the door knob but the door wouldn't open.

 

"Yah! Sunny!! Open the door now!!" Tiffany wrinkled her face in annoyance. She howled Sunny's name from the top of her lung.

 

"I'm sorry, Fany-ah but I can't." Sunny weakly replied. She stood behind Tiffany and slowly reached out her hand to take Tiffany's palm off of the door knob.

 

"But why?! Why?? I can't have her leaving me! How can I continue my life without her?! It will never be the same, Sunny! You know how much I need her in my life!!!" Tiffany's eyes started to watery. She felt tears threatened to fall and after some blinks and no answer coming from Sunny, Tiffany's tears fell from her dark brown eyes.

 

"Sigh. I don't think I can keep it anymore. Come. I'll explain to you why." Sunny tenderly Tiffany's back and pulled Tiffany's arm back to the living room.

----------------------

 

"What?! You're telling me that she's getting married in 2 months?! You lied, didn't you?! There's no way she would do that! Heck, she never even told me or gave me hints about that!!" Tiffany complained after hearing Sunny's thorough explanation about the condition Taeyeon was in.

 

"You're really stupid, aren't you?" Sunny ignored Tiffany's protest.

 

"What do you mean?!" Tiffany got angry again.

 

"Have you ever figured out why Taeyeon is willing to be your love advisor slash love counselor or anything you may call it?" Sunny pulled up her legs and crossed it on the couch.

 

"Because she knows me the best." Tiffany confidently answered.

 

"Yep. But unfortunately that term doesn't prevail to you." Sunny profoundly stated. She could see Tiffany couldn't accept her selfish statement yet Sunny ignored it.

 

"You really don't know, do you? You surely weren't aware with her hints? Sigh. I guess Taeyeon's right after all." Sunny let out a sigh seeing Tiffany's blank stare.

 

"Do you know the real reason behind her clean sheet of love record? Why she never had a lover? Why she had no exes? Why she kept saying no to every guy and girl who tried to ask her out? Why she never went on date? She's pretty, charming, smart, talented. She's lovable and I'm sure it is easy to fall for her. Have you ever wondered why, Tiff?" Sunny tried to display some clues by asking those questions in hope that Tiffany would get what she meant.

 

"Wait.." Tiffany halted, contemplating whether she should spill her peculiar thought. She looked at Sunny and Sunny nodded, reassuring Tiffany that it was okay to just say her thought out loud.

 

"You were indirectly saying that she had an interest in..." Tiffany hesitantly pointed at herself.

 

"Ho oh." Sunny nodded, smiling along with each nod. She felt kind of relieved and satisfied for Tiffany could finally acknowledge Taeyeon's hidden feelings for her.

 

"NO WAY!!" Tiffany screamed with her familiar loud voice and Sunny had to cover her ears to protect her ears from being deaf.

 

"No no no!! You lied! There's no way Taetae can have those forbidden feelings for me! Maybe she just hasn't found the right person for her. Maybe she's just confused of her own feeling. Maybe she's just too shy to admit her love for uhmm.. This unknown guy. Right?? Right??" Tiffany's bewilderment made Sunny chuckled. However she chose to purse her lips tight, amused by Tiffany's antique.

 

"Oh you're not lying! What do I do then, Sunny-ah?!! Since.. Since when she has that feeling for me?" Tiffany's perpelexity made Sunny broke into laughter.

 

"Chill out, Tiff. Humm.. I don't know. You tell me. Since when do you think she has been in love with you?" Sunny dared to ask back.

 

"How do I know?! If you never asked me those kind of questions, I'm sure I'd never discover it!" Tiffany furiously reasoned out, feeling enough of being played by Sunny.

 

"She has worshipped you since forever, Tiff. You're just too stupid to realize it." A smile appeared on Sunny's face.

 

"And when is forever, Sunny?" Tiffany strictly asked, trying to scare Sunny but of course not to avail.

 

"When was the first time you met her?"

 

"High school."

 

"Add a year to that and you'd get the calculation." Sunny saw Tiffany raised her fingers to count the years.

 

"Almost a decade?!!!" Tiffany shrieked. She felt startled with the result.

 

"Yep. That was a long time for you to recognize Taeyeon's hidden feelings based on her clear and visible hints. Sadly you and your world blinded your heart and mind that you failed to notice it." Sunny told Tiffany who looked very confused. Maybe because she was still too surprised with the news and found it hard to believe.

 

"Do me a favor, Tiff. Stop looking for her or trying to get in touch with her unless you've known what you feel for her. Is it mere friendship feeling? Or is it more than that?" Sunny continued.

 

"What do I do, Sunny? This is.. This is so new for me. I mean, I've been living under the same roof with her for years but how.. How could I not know about all these? How could I be so blind?" Tiffany was more like talking to herself.

 

"I don't know, Tiff. I think you have to spend some time alone to think. If you only treat Taeyeon as your best friend only then come to her wedding and be her bridesmaid." Sunny paused.

 

"But if you think more of her, maybe as your somebody to love, then you only have less than 2 months to chase after her and confess your feeling." Sunny ended.

 

"I was so sure my feelings for her were nothing but sisterly love but now that you've told me this... I'm not quite sure what I feel about her." Tiffany let out a sigh.

--------------------------------

 

"Go home, Tiff. Think over and over again. Don't let your stupidity stop you from getting the best person out there as your lover for life." Sunny suggested.

 

"You're right. I think I will just go directly home to have a rest and maybe think about it afterward." Tiffany wiped the remaining trace of tears on her cheeks and got up.

 

"Think thoroughly, Tiff. Don't let regret haunt you if you know what I mean." Sunny smiled and walked Tiffany to the door.

 

"Don't worry, Sunny. I fully understand. Thank you for being honest." Tiffany turned around to give a loose hug to Sunny.

 

"Don't tell Taeng that I was the one who told you this. She'd gone crazy and mad at me forever." Sunny patted Tiffany's back.

 

"Your secret is save with me." Tiffany winked and opened the door.

 

"Thank you again, Sunny. We should have lunch together sometime."

 

"Yep. We really should. If you need someone to talk to, you know where to find me." Sunny smiled.

 

"Thanks' for your help. I won't seek Taeyeon unless I've known what I'm feeling for her. Don't worry." Tiffany repeated Sunny's plea moments ago.

 

"I'll keep your words. Bye, Tiff. Drive safely."

 

"I will. Bye.."

----------------------------

 

The next chapter will be the last one.. 

Wuii I never thought there would be someone out there would feel interested with this story but seeing the subs, votes, and comments~~ I think this one is quite good, isn't it? Hehehe...

Thank you guys for the support by reading, liking, voting, subscribing, and commenting...

Anddd~~ will you kindly say your thoughts regarding this chapter through the comment box bellow? Pleaseee?? *pouting in spite I knew i'm not cute at all.

So sorry for postponing the updates of my other stories~~ I promise I will write them right after I have finished with this one :))

Thank you and I love you~~ :*