Holding Back the Tears

Love Advisor

 

"Why are you still doing this, Taeng?!" Sunny huffed, harshly put her bag on the vacant seat beside her before resting her on the couch in front of Taeyeon.

 

"Hello to you too, Sunny." Taeyeon raised her right hand and waved it to Sunny.

 

"I really don't understand you at all." Sunny again complained, curving her two eyebrows until it formed a deep angle.

 

"What's there to understand, Sunny? You suddenly texted me, asking me to have lunch together and the first sentence I heard from you was an interrogation instead of cheerful greeting?" Taeyeon casually stated. She then silently took her mug and sipped the hot chocolate inside it.

 

"Stop pretending that you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, Taeng. I just met Fany yesterday." Suny couldn't finish her protest when the waiter delivered her orders which were cheeseburger accompanied by cola.

 

"So? I meet her everyday, Sunny. That's not a big deal if you met her yesterday. You really are weird, you know." Taeyeon chuckled.

 

"You know that's not the point here and that I'm not finished yet with my sentences. I met her with a guy. It looked like she was having a fun dinner date with him." Sunny emphasized the guy and date words deliberately.

 

"By the way, you're not eating?" Sunny asked before Taeyeon had a chance to answer.

 

"Firstly, I had lasagna before you came. And thanks' for being late by the way." Taeyeon commented which only replied by a sorry smile coming from Sunny.

 

"And lastly, I don't see there's anything wrong with Fany having a dinner date with a guy. Correct me if I'm wrong." Taeyeon took some fries from Sunny's plate and shoved it inside .

 

"I'm not saying that it's wrong but.. Sigh.. When will you stop all of these, Taeng?" Sunny's tone lowered, replacing her anger and disappointment with concern and worried for her long best friend since high school.

 

"Stop what, Soonkyu?" Taeyeon's expression changed too into a more bitter one. She clearly knew where this topic would be going.

 

"Taeyeon-ah, we've known each other for almost a decade already. You know you can't hide things from me without me getting suspicious at all. And I know you've been keeping this all to yourself since years ago." Sunny started to pour out her thoughts slowly, didn't want Taeyeon to misinterpret her good intention.

 

"What do you mean?" Taeyeon averted her gaze to the hanging posters on the wall, near the receptionist table.

 

"I know you've been in love with Fany for a while now. I don't know how long it has been for exact but trust me I know." Sunny eyed Taeyeon right in the eyes.

 

"What are you talking about? There's no way I can have feelings more than I should have, right?" Taeyeon faked a chuckle and yes Sunny noticed it alright.

 

"Taeyeon-ah." Sunny cooed again.

 

"Sigh. I really can't hide things from you, can I?" Taeyeon inhaled deeply. She ditched the mug off of her view and closed her eyes, contemplating whether she should be honest with her friend or not.

 

"Your eyes practically lit up whenever you see her or even hear her name being mentioned, your smile looks more sincere whenever she's around, your longing gaze explains how you feel hurt whenever she has found a new lover, your-"

 

"Okay okay, I get it. Geez.. Am I that obvious?" Taeyeon propped her chin with her palm on the table.

 

"If I'm not the only one left in being your best friend, trust me, even the whole world would figure it out easily." Sunny gave a teasing smirk before chopping her burger into pieces.

 

"Stop exagerrating, will you?" Taeyeon rolled her eyes, the gesture Sunny hated the most.

 

"So?" Sunny chose to ignore the rolling eyes and just continued eating her lunch.

 

"So?" Taeyeon pretended not to know what Sunny meant. Sunny's deadly glare was enough to make Taeyeon unwillingly reopened to tell the story to Sunny.

 

"There's nothing much I can do about it, is there? I mean, clearly Tiffany prefer man than woman to be her lover, Sunny. Heck, she doesn't even know I swing her way. What would she do or react if she knew it?! I can't even imagine the worst possibilty may occur if my secret has been revealed." Taeyeon gave a dejected and desperate look to Sunny. The shorter girl kept shut and let Taeyeon continue.

 

"Being this close to her is enough for me. I can't even asko for more from God. Having the ability to see her everyday, being able to spend breakfast together, capable of saying good morning and good night every day is sufficient for me." Taeyeon sadly told Sunny her inner feelings, the feelings she had kept to herself since years ago.

 

"So you assume that being her love advisor will be enough for you?! Being the person who has eligibility to choose who's best for her when deep inside you know you're the best person for her is sufficient for you?! Don't you think you'd only hurt yourself more and more each year passed, Taeng?! I really can't understand you at all!" Sunny spat at Taeyeon. She felt angry not to Taeyeon but more to Taeyeon's stupid heart that kept leading her to the wrong path.

 

"You don't have to understand it, Sunny. I know it will be hard for you to digest so just let me be. Look at the positive side. At least I have the honor to advise Fany who to choose, I have the power to determine whether the guy is worthy or worthless. Right?" Taeyeon searched for Sunny's eyes, trying to seek an agreement from the shorter woman.

 

"Since when?" Sunny didn't answer Taeyeon's question.

 

"Since highschool." Taeyeon knew what Sunny meant. She didn't have any hesitation in answering that. At least now she had someone to share her love problem, right?

 

"What?! It means that you've been loving her for almost 10 years?!! What the hell, Kim Taeyeon! So that's why you have clean sheet in your love story record! I should have known it!!" Sunny slapped her own forehead.

 

"Errmm.. Yes?" Taeyeon bit her fingers nails nervously, afraid Sunny would burst in anger for she had been hiding it for too long.

 

"Calm down, Sunny. Calm down.. Pretend that the person in front of you is just an insane innocent woman who knows absolutely nothing about love." Sunny impatiently murmured. Taeyeon could only patiently waiting for the next harsh words coming from Sunny's mouth.

 

"Until when then? Until when you will do this to yourself, huh? Until she finds the right person who won't ever be you?! Who can be whoever but yourself?!" Sunny emotionally stated. We could even see the flaring air comong out from her nose and the dagger stare trying to pierce onto Taeyeon's eyes.

 

"Yes, until she can find the right person so I can leave in peace." Taeyeon calmly said. She ignored the scary eyes of Sunny. She knew her best friend jut did her job by being a great and caring friend for her but who knew her heart better than herself, right?

 

"Are you kidding me?! So you want to leave with your love being unconfessed?! I can't believe you, Taeng. What are you? An angel sent by God Himself to help the poor woman named Tiffany Hwang?!" Sunny put down her eating untensils, having no appetite left to finish her lunch thanks' to her best friend.

 

"I hope I'm an angel, Sunny. At least she wouldn't have to experience painful things like what I've had since Tiffany firstly being courted when we were still in highschool. Angel doesn't have heart or right to be in love with a human, right?" Taeyeon forced a chuckle to lighten up the tensed atmosphere. But once she saw Sunny's expression didn't change a bit, she quickly grimaced and pursed her lips tight.

 

"Taeyeon-ah. You know I'm just trying to be care with you, right? I love you and I care for you. And I don't want you to be hurt or more hurt than you already are now." Sunny's gaze softened. She reached out her arm and squeezed Taeyeon's hand on the table.

 

"I know, Sunny-ah. But this is the furthest I can go with this feeling. I can't risk losing her as a friend. I'm afraid she will move out once she heard my unfinished confession about my true feelings for her." Taeyeon put her other hand on top of Sunny's.

 

"But how would you know when you've never even tried? Who knows she has the same feeling for you? You've been staying together in one apartment for more than 5 years anyway. There must be some possibility that your love for her isn't an urequited one, right?" Sunny raised her eyebrows with full of hopes, hopes that Taeyeon would be braver after hearing her suggestions.

 

"Thanks' for the encouraging words, Sunny but I know her. Trust me, I know her. She doesn't have interest in same gender relationship. I've tried several times to give her clues, hints, signals, whatever you may call it but unfortunately, the answer is still the same. Two shattering letters, an N and an O, NO." Taeyeon said exasperatedly.

 

"How? How did you investigate it? Are you sure you've tried to inspect her thoroughly that not even a spot had been missed out?!" Sunny gulped her drink quickly, feeling as emotional an as sad as Taeyeon now.

 

"Thanks' for trying to cheer me up, Sunny. Unfortunately yes. I've gone through detail inspection but the result is still the same. There's no chance for me to be more than I am now with her. Best friend, love advisor. Those the best I can get and yeah I have to feel satisfied with that." Taeyeon sadly smiled.

 

"But-"

 

"There's no but, Sunny. I've been living with her under one roof not for nothing. I know her the best, remember?"

 

"Yeah. You still remember that sentence hmm.." Sunny admitted her defeat. She too could still recall how Tiffany always stated that Taeyeon knew her the best compare to others.

 

"When will you stop?"

 

"If you mean stop loving her then I'm afraid I'll never stop but if you mean stop being her love advisor then maybe once I'm sure that she has found a perfect guy for him, I'll give up for good." Taeyeon tried to give Sunny a sincere smile but failed miserably.

 

"And what do you mean by giving up? What will you do then? Leaving your feelings unsaid and forever be hidden from her?!" Sunny shook her head in disagreement.

 

"As long as she's happy, Sunny-ah. I'm willing to do it for her." Taeyeon grieveously said.

 

"You're crazy, Tae."

 

"I know. I'm crazy for her."

 

"Just.. Promise me that you'll stop being hurt one day, okay? You know you can do this forever. And if one day she walk in the altar, approaching this perfect guy you mentioned, what would you do?" Sunny pushed Taeyeon further, trying to convey her messages through those words.

 

"Of course I will stand beside her, being her brides maid if my heart can take it. If not then I simply won't come." Taeyeon answered not so easily.

 

"Sigh. I don't know what else to say to you. I just hope you'll be okay. Remember that I'm just one call away, Taeng." Sunny reassured Taeyeon.

 

"I know, Sunny. Thank you for your concern." Taeyeon smiled back.

 

"I guess I have to go now. Say my greeting to Fany, okay? I'll see you around." Sunny took a quick glance at her wrist watch before pulling out her wallet.

 

"Lunch on me, Sunny." Taeyeon halted Sunny from drawing out the money.

 

"Thank you."

 

"That's the best I can give for that superb advice."

 

"Talk to me should anything worst happen, Taeng."

 

"I will."

 

"I mean it, Taeng. You know I do!" Sunny glared.

 

"And you know that you're the only person I can run to, Sunny. You're the only one who knows my forbidden feelings." Taeyeon reasoned out.

 

"Right. Bye Taeng."

 

"Bye, buddy." Taeyeon let out a sigh, spending another half an hour to ponder after her pathetic destiny before deciding to just go back to her apartment.

---------------------

 

Taeyeon sensed that Tiffany wasn't home so she took the spare keys she had from her pocket and unlocked the apartment door. She clicked the front light on before entering the empty apartment. She took off her shoes and neatly put it inside the shoes rack along with her and Tiffany's other shoes. She didn't forget to close the door behind her and went inside.

 

She removed her coat and drapped it on her bed. Taeyeon then saw that the light inside Tiffany's room acrossed her own room was off, signaling that the girl was indeed hasn't reached home. The keroro table clock given by Seohyun, the singer who used her song as her debuted song and now was her best friend aside from Sunny. It showed that it was 15 minutes to 4 pm so no wonder Tiffany was still outside.

 

Taeyeon went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and brought it back to her small studio room. She hummed random tone and intonation on her way back to the studio room. There were electric keyboard, high technology computer, headphones, and other equipments that a song composer usually need. Yes, Taeyeon's occupation was a song composer. She had other talents too with her magical voice but she chose to stop as a song composer only, didn't want to expand her career or add countless money into her bank account. Well, she's rich as she's anyway.

 

Once she found comfortable position, she grabbed her notes and started to scribble her idea on it. She was asked by one of the producers to compose a sad song for the OST. Taeyeon was like the master of depress, grieve, and desolate songs. People said she's a genious, while deep inside she felt that she was just trying to be honest with her sinful feelings toward the eye-smiling girl she had adored since almost a decade ago. Now that she’s not the only one who knew about her love to Tiffany, she felt that her heart cracked a little more. The bad news was she felt her wounded reopened again but the good news was it meant she would only need a blink to create another magical sad song to give to the producer later and that she didn’t even need to think about the deadline because she’s damn sure she could finish it by the night.

 

Hours passed like seconds when she had started focusing on her task in composing song. Taeyeon couldn’t even hear the front door opened and taps of heels entered the apartment, meaning that her housemate had come home. Taeyeon twirled the pen with her fingers playfully while sometimes tapping it on her chin while thinking for the right words to write on. There were some scratches on few words when Taeyeon thought that the words were not fit or improper to be written. She could finally write the last sentence of the song with relief when suddenly the door of her studio room cracked opened.

 

“Taeyeon-ah~~” Tiffany’s voice sounded much huskier than before. It was like she was trying hard to speak while crying.

 

“Fany?” Taeyeon automatically turned around her chair to face the crying girl and stood up to hug her.

 

“What’s wrong? Who made you crying like this?” Taeyeon helped Tiffany to step away from the studio room and headed to the living room instead. Taeyeon first let Tiffany sit properly before occupying the vacant seat beside the brunette.

 

“He- he broke up on me~” Tiffany choked on her own sobs and that made Taeyeon rushed in lightning speed to the kitchen to retrieve mineral water for her loved one.

 

“Here, drink this first before you continue talking.” Taeyeon offered the glass filled by water to Tiffany. Taeyeon rubbed Tiffany’s back tenderly while the brunette was drinking the water.

 

“Uhuk,, He broke up on me, Taetae!! I mean I was trying hard with this relationship! I even tried to keep up with his possessiveness and over obsessiveness that I often had to reject your lunch offer but he.. He still said that my effort wasn’t enough. Where did I go wrong, Tae?!” Tiffany complained, mumbling her protest words on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

“I know, Fany-ah. I know..” Taeyeon soothed the brunette by grazing invisible circles on Tiffany’s back. She used her other hand to wrap around Tiffany’s waist and pulled her closer.

 

“What do I do, Taeyeon-ah??! I’ve spent a year and a half for nothing! I thought that he would be the one for me but it turned out that he’s just another jerk who only knew how to ask without even thinking to give back!” Tiffany clenched Taeyeon’s shirt tightly, feeling that she had to transfer all of her piques and vexation to her best friend.

 

“I never complained if he suddenly had to cancel our date in the nick of time or if he came late to our meeting or when his car’s tire deflated and he asked me to pick him up on the area 3 hours from Seoul then why?? How could he think that I’m not good enough for him!?” Tiffany sniffled. Her tears soaked Taeyeon’s shirt and made a pool on the area around Taeyeon’s shoulder and collarbone.

 

“I even took care of him and made him warm soup when he got fever last month! I really couldn’t understand him at all, Tae! I’ve given my best effort with this relationship! I even ever imagined myself being her bride one day. Sigh! I can’t believe that dream shattered just because one silly little fight we had this afternoon!” Tiffany wiped the trace of tears on her cheeks before pulling out from Taeyeon’s embrace.

 

“What fight, Fany-ah?” Taeyeon calmly asked. She tried to hide the urge to vent up her anger and hatred to that jerk beneath the sincere smile and understanding stares she gave to Tiffany.

 

“This afternoon when we were having lunch as any other days, he out of nowhere asked me to leave you and move in with him. Actually, that wasn’t the first time he asked me the same question. He had been asking me since couple of months ago but since months ago we could still be considered new couple, he could understand my rejection.” Tiffany started her story. Her tears were long forgotten when she had been kept safely inside Taeyeon’s embrace.

 

“Now that we’ve passed a year anniversary and was going steady to two years anniversary, I was started to lose excuse and alibi not to move in with him. The was today. He kept forcing me to move in with him and even threatened me to break our relationship if I didn’t comply with his request. At first I thought he was joking so I dared him to do that. Apparently, he was being serious so yeah.. He broke up with me just like that. A year and a half wasted into nothingness.” Tiffany chuckled bitterly, silently pitying over her miserable fate. She didn’t know which one she should be mourn on, the fact that she had to meet that guy or the reason why he broke up with her?

 

“Why didn’t you just say yes with his request and move in with him? You told me that you ever imagined yourself being his bride, right? So why not learning his character and his habits by living together with him?” Taeyeon with ease asked Tiffany. Inside she was cheering for Tiffany had indirectly chose her over that guy but she forbid herself not to be too happy for she knew the reason why wasn’t related with Tiffany’s preferences or such.

 

“And leaving you alone to live in this apartment?! There’s no way I can do that to you, Tae! I prefer seeing him walking away from my life than having to abandon you or let you live your already miserable life alone!” Tiffany frantically stated, oblivious with the high pitch of tone she used.

 

“Yah!! Stop exaggerating! I will survive even without you living here! Besides, we can always meet each other on weekends, Fany. You really should have said yes to him, you know.” Taeyeon smiled, fixing Tiffany’s messy hairs and tucked her disheveled fringes behind her ears.

 

“I prefer to lose him than to lose you, Tae. I will stick with my promise that I will never leave you or this apartment before I have obligation to walk on the altar. I won’t even leave even if I have a fiancé already because you’re the person who knows me best.” Tiffany stopped Taeyeon from withdrawing her hand and placed Taeyeon’s palm on Tiffany’s cheek, trying to feel the warm and comfort feeling radiating from her best friend’s palm.

 

“But what if you’re still single and available, dusty and full of wrinkles yet there’s no one out there feel attracted to you?? What do I do then? I want to have descendant too, Fany.” Taeyeon pouted.

 

“YAAH!! How could you say that!! And don’t even dare to say those evil prayers inside your heart! I know your wicked scheme, Taeyeon-ah!” Tiffany frowned but still managed to form a small smile, feeling glad that Taeyeon was never once failed being there for her, either when she’s happy or when she’s broken like now.

 

“Oh darn! And now you even can read my mind?! Am I that easy??” Taeyeon was exaggerating and faked a gasp.

 

“Hahahhaa.. You will never change, will you? Thank you, Taeyeon-ah~ Thank you for always being here for me. I don’t know what I’d do if you weren’t here. You mean a lot for me.” Tiffany hugged Taeyeon again.

 

“You mean a lot for me too, Fany and I know you would do just the same if I were in your position, right?” Taeyeon caressed Tiffany’s long hair with full of cares and love, not just any kind of love that shared between best friends or sisters, but different kind of love that only Taeyeon could understand.

 

“Wait! Now that I remember, how could I never know whether you have a boyfriend or not?! You’re not hiding anything, do you? You do realize how I hate liar and deceiver, right?” Tiffany asked with a threatening tone.

 

“I don’t have one, Fany-ah. I swear with my life. I promise you will be the first person to know if I have special someone in my life.” Taeyeon smiled, reaching out her hand to flatten the curved eyebrows of Tiffany.

 

“How about crush? Or love? There’s must be someone out there that you cherish right?? Oh come on, Tae~ Stop joking with me!! We’re 26 years already! There’s no way you’ve never fallen in love before!! And when was the last time you had a relationship again??! Wait!! You never even had a relationship before!! What’s wrong with my best friend?! Is she that ugly that even there’s no ahjussi paid attention to her?!!” Tiffany bellowed, teasing Taeyeon with all her might.

 

“You.” Taeyeon circuitously confessed her feelings but unfortunately Tiffany was too blind to even realize that her best friend was being true to herself.

 

“Hahhaa.. Shut up, Tae! You really need to seek for a lover, you know. We’re not young any longer. We even reached age where we should have been married. Look at Jessica and Sooyoung. They are married already! Heck, even Hyoyeon is gifted with a cute and loveable son now.” Tiffany said while ing her blazer and threw it carelessly over her head.

 

“Say the one who just broke up with her ex hours ago. Bleehh” Taeyeon scoffed.

 

“Yah! At least my track record isn’t as clean as yours, okay?! I had 5 exes already, 6 with this one. But how about you?!! Zero, Taetae! Big zero!!” Tiffany retaliated. She pulled out her tongue childishly and showed it to the latter.

 

“I don’t care! At the very least, I don’t have to experience the meaningless bliss of having a lover just to be left out in the end.” Taeyeon mocked back.

 

“Yeah, you are right. 6 exes and more than half of it broke up with me. Cheating, intimidating, selfish, and lastly possessive. Sigh. I think you don’t have to run into those kind of painful experiences.” Tiffany’s mood turned sour again.

 

“Hey, you still have me, right? I won’t leave you like what those ungrateful jerks did. They just haven’t known what they have been missed by leaving you. You’re the most beautiful person they could ever get, Fany-ah. You’re beautiful inside out. Your face is like an angel but your heart is even kinder than an angel. You are my angel, remember?” Taeyeon palmed Tiffany’s face and leaned in to kiss Tiffany’s forehead.

 

“Thank you, Taeyeon-ah. I don’t know how you did it, but you’ve always managed to make me feeling better.” Tiffany honestly blurted.

 

“That’s because I know you the best, right?” Taeyeon had to smile at that innocent sentence stated by Tiffany earlier.

 

“Now, let’s get you to sleep.” Taeyeon saw Tiffany coincidentally yawned. Taeyeon then intertwined her hand with Tiffany’s and accompanied the brunette to her bedroom.

 

“Thank you, Taeyeon-ah. Goodnight.” Tiffany let Taeyeon covered her body with the blanket. Taeyeon didn’t forget to place a kiss on Tiffany’s temple like she always did every day before the brunette going to sleep.

 

“Goodnight.” Taeyeon did the liberty to switch on the table lamp on the nightstand and clicked the main lamp of Tiffany’s bedroom off.

------------------------

 

Two months passed smoothly after the incident of Tiffany broke up with her ex. Taeyeon cherished and appreciated each day with grateful and relieved feeling for she at least had time to have Tiffany for herself. The knowledge of knowing that she didn’t have to share Tiffany with some random guys that she despised. Unfortunately those happy days had to end today. Tiffany entered the apartment with a cheerful mood, deliberately matched her footsteps with the elated song that she hummed along the way from the apartment’s entrance to the living room when Taeyeon was currently at.

 

“Taetae!! Guess what!! The new head director of my company I’ve been telling you about asked me out!!” Tiffany ran and forced Taeyeon to stand up from the lazy couch, made the shorter girl accidentally depriving her scribble notes.

 

“He asked me out on a dinner date tonight!! Awww!! I really can’t believe it!!” With not so mighty strength, Tiffany slightly lifted Taeyeon off the ground and turned their bodies around.

 

“Wait! Is it the same guy you’ve been praising since the first day he entered the company? What is his name again?” Taeyeon again had to set her emotion to a stable one, trying hard to be unaffected with her shattering heart. Taeyeon would even lost count if her scraps of heart made into a puzzle. How many pieces it would be? A hundred? Two hundreds? A thousand?

 

“Yes yes!! That one, Tae! His name is Minho, Choi Minho!! Awww that handsome face, the curvy lips, the well-defined nose, the sharp stare yet longing gaze~~ Finally I can see him close up tonight!!” Tiffany jumped happily, totally clueless of the broken heart girl in front of her.

 

“What time is it now?” Tiffany stopped all of her movements and asked Taeyeon worriedly.

 

“Err.. 5.30 pm.” Taeyeon shortly replied.

 

“Omo!! It means that I have to get prepared now!!! He will be here in an hour!!” Tiffany let go of Taeyeon’s hands and quickly headed to her bedroom.

 

“And I thought my heart would be durable and resistant with this kind of thing. Guess not.” Taeyeon sardonically told herself, clenching her fist on her wounded heart that seemed could never be healed since Tiffany would never be actually hers to be claimed.

 

Taeyeon then tried to divert her focus and attention by watching whatever random shows she might find on the TV. She couldn’t deny the hurt feeling she experienced by now, the sound of her cracking heart, the bitter imagination should this guy was really a perfect match for Tiffany. Sometimes she even wondered, if only she was a guy, would Tiffany consider to date her? Usually that imagination would be followed by hurtful smile and firm shook of head, knowing that unluckily, her imagination would never be come true no matter what she’d do. Taeyeon was really conveying her wandering thoughts of Tiffany to the uninteresting show when she heard faint movements from behind her which made her averted her head.

 

“How do I look?” Tiffany asked for opinion from Taeyeon. The shorter girl was dazed, mesmerized by the impossible beauty before her.

 

“You’re beautiful.” Taeyeon with still widely agape mouth commented.

 

“Thank you. And you can pull up your chin now, Taetae.” Tiffany gave her familiar eye-smile.

 

“Oh, he’s here. I’ll see you later, Tae. Do you want me to bring you something?” Tiffany typed message and sent to the guy before staring at Taeyeon and asked.

 

“No. I still have leftover food inside the fridge.” Taeyeon smiled not so sincerely but sadly it went unnoticed by the latter.

 

“Oh okay. I’ll tell you the details when I came home later so you can judge whether he’s worth it for the second date or not. Can it be accepted, Ms. Love Advisor?” Tiffany grinned. Taeyeon stood up, intending to walk Tiffany to the front door and to take a fast glance on the new guy Tiffany had been admiring since some time ago.

 

“Yes, Madam. Take care, okay?” Taeyeon waited for Tiffany to put on her shoes on the doorway. She then unwillingly accompanied Tiffany to the guy. The man named Minho politely stepped out from his car and bowed to Taeyeon. Taeyeon bowed back and waved her hand to Tiffany until the car couldn’t be seen anymore.

 

“1 for him and 0 for me. You’re so doomed, Kim Taeyeon.” Taeyeon let out a heavy sigh when her feelings said that Minho could be the one for Tiffany.

 

She had a bad feeling toward her invisible future with Tiffany when the said man too politely stepped out from his car. It was the first time Taeyeon witnessed any man who was trying to court her best friend slash her love life out could be this polite. Usually he would only bow at her from inside the car, through the opened window. Taeyeon entered back her apartment and directed her lazy to the kitchen. She tip toed a bit to retrieve a bottle of vodka from the upper cabinet.

 

“Mind as well drink a little bit while preparing myself for the worst news I will have to hear later.” Taeyeon huffed and opened the lid of the bottle, didn’t bother to get a glass to contain the clear liquid beforehand.

----------------------------

 

“Taeyeon-aah!! Taeyeeeoonn!!!” Sunny knocked the door since minutes ago but still no one named Taeyeon came to open the door.

 

“Damn! And now she even turned off her cellphone!! What happened with her?!” Sunny cursed under her breath and decided to just try her luck and barge in. Fortunately the door was unlocked so she could enter the apartment easily.

 

“TAEYEEOOOONN!!!” Sunny screamed the apartment owner’s name loudly while trying to remove her shoes off. She muttered another condemnation word and made her way past the living room, still yelling the same name over and over again.

 

“TAEYEON-AH!! WHAT THE HELL?!” Sunny hurriedly approached the already half drunken girl with her somber face.

 

“Oooh!! Annyyeeeoongg, buddyyy!!” The intoxicated girl greeted the guest, raising the almost empty bottle of vodka toward the girl who called Sunny.

 

“Yaah!! What happened?! You usually never used alcohol as media to transfer your stress out!!” Sunny took off the bottle harshly from Taeyeon’s grip while the drunken girl was too weak to fight back.

 

“Waeee??? Now you too want to take away the only love of my life which is not the living creature??? Waaaeee???? Isn’t it enough to take Tiffany away from me? Waeeeee???” Taeyeon started to sob, pouring out the sadness and depressed feelings she had kept inside since Tiffany announced the news that she would be taken out by her boss.

 

“Taeyeon-ah~~” Sunny weakly shouted her name. Sunny helped Taeyeon to get up from the cold floor and brought her to the living room, seating her on the cozy couch and leaving her for a moment to took a glass of mineral water and clean small towel along with the basin filled with water.

 

“Sunny-ah~~ I want to just give up now~~ I’m hopeless, lifeless, jobless, and loveless~~ Can I give up on life? Ooohh dear God, will you please kindly take my life away so these painful feelings can go away??” Taeyeon said her devastating prayers innocently; making Sunny’s tears unwillingly fell out from her eyes.

 

“Don’t say that, Tae. You still have me, remember? You may the person who knows Fany best but I guarantee that me, Sunny is the person who knows Kim Taeyeon best, right?” Sunny forced a smile with her tears hanging on the edge of the corner of her eyes.

 

“Yeah, only Lee Sunny knows me the best~~ Even Tiffany can’t beat you on that~~~” Taeyeon closed her eyes while saying those shattering sentence, feeling hurt for Tiffany had failed her and didn’t know her as well as Sunny did.

 

“Now, shooossh and let me clean you up.” Sunny started to dip the towel inside the basin and squeezed the water out before caressing Taeyeon’s face with that. Finished with it, she gave Taeyeon the water and Taeyeon gulped it. She felt better afterward and felt that the alcohol effect had dissipated a bit.

 

“Taeng, are you feeling better now?” Sunny went back from the kitchen to place the basin along with its towel on the sink. She then sat beside Taeyeon and stared worriedly at her best friend.

 

“Hummm.. Thanks’ Sunny-ah~ I really have no idea what I’ve just done.” Taeyeon nodded, weakly smiled to her best friend.

 

“I saw her with a new guy on our favorite restaurant when I was having dinner with my colleagues from work. I wonder why she is often having date there. Is it related to you somehow?” Sunny now wiped Taeyeon’s face with a dry towel carefully.

 

“I took her once there and I told her that it was me and your favorite restaurant. On that night she also claimed that it was her favorite restaurant too and that she would bring her boyfriend or her date to have dinner there often. It seems that she still sticks to her words.” Taeyeon blinked, giving chance for her tears to just drop from her blurry eyes.

 

“Are you okay? I never saw you this bad before.” Sunny put the towel on the table once she thought that Taeyeon’s face was dried enough.

 

“I’m ruined, Sunny-ah. I’m damaged, destroyed, annihilated and there’s nothing I can do with it. Look at the calendar and you will know why I could be like this. This is my worst condition so far if I’m not mistaken.” Taeyeon slowly lifted her left arm and pointed to the wall calendar located just behind Sunny.

 

“7 months left, huh? What will you do next about it? Don’t you think you should try harder to make Tiffany fall for you?” Sunny weakly commented. She knew what Taeyeon meant by that. She still remembered how surprised she was when Taeyeon told her about that irritating yet painful news.

 

“There’s nothing I can do about it now, Sunny-ah. I was kind of hoping I would be success in grabbing the last chance when she declared that her last boyfriend asked to break up. The giddy feelings filled with nothing but happiness and bliss were incredible. I’ve given my best effort to give her distinct signals for her but-“

 

“But she’s too selfish and stupid to even realize it. Correct me if I’m wrong.” Sunny finished Taeyeon’s words.

 

“She isn’t selfish or stupid. She’s just too oblivious with my feelings, Sunny-ah.” Taeyeon defended Tiffany.

 

No matter how miserable her love life was, she never wanted to blame it on Tiffany because logically it really wasn’t Tiffany’s fault in the first place. Actually it wasn’t Tiffany’s fault at all. If only Taeyeon didn’t fall for her best friend, moreover her best friend who had the same gender as her, maybe all of these wouldn’t ever happen. It was Taeyeon’s choose to fall in love with Tiffany. Taeyeon didn’t want to say that she had fallen with the wrong person because in her eyes, Tiffany was her angel and angel was holy and pure. That’s what Tiffany was in Taeyeon’s heart and mind, pure, beautiful and holy.

 

“Yeah yeah, she’s just too stupid and that’s why she is oblivious with your feelings. How can she not now it?! I’m an outsider but I know it!! I really can’t believe her stupidity!!” Sunny ignored the glare coming from Taeyeon for Sunny had insulted Tiffany too many times.

 

“So, what’s your plan now? Obviously, there’s only this tiny possibility that Tiffany can return your feeling, right?” Sunny changed the topic.

 

“It’s zero percent, Sunny-ah. She doesn’t even know what kind of feeling I have for her now, so how can she return it, huh? And 7 months is too short compare to years I’ve spent to tell her that I love her romantically.” Taeyeon coolly elaborated the bitter truth of her destiny.

 

“Taeyeon-ah~~”

 

“Don’t, Sunny. Stop trying to make me better because I perfectly know what I’m facing now. But thank you nevertheless. You’re a great best friend, you know that? Maybe if I’m not falling in love with Tiffany, you’d be the person I’d be falling in love with.” Taeyeon sincerely told Sunny.

 

“As much as I love compliments but I’m still straight, thank you.” Sunny replied with a smile decorating her face, knowing that Taeyeon had come into her normal state by now. At least the pressured burdened feelings weren’t clouded her mind any longer.

 

“And for the question. I will just spend my last 6 months by her side and after that, I will let my father take my body and soul from here. That’s the least thing I can do, right?” Tears started to creep up Taeyeon’s eyes again when she recalled that day.

 

It happened years ago when Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sunny, and others were still in high school, when Tiffany’s parents were still in Soul. Taeyeon was still living with her parents and so the others. They were best friends since the longest and yes it was all started when they were still students in one of the best schools in town. It had been mentioned many times that Taeyeon had put an interest to a girl named Tiffany since high school. At first Taeyeon didn’t know what kind of feeling it was. She kept investigating about her own feelings by any kinds of method she could find out there.

 

Taeyeon made a note inside her diary regarding what method she had tried and how was the result. Every day she would try different and more challenging method, such as touching Tiffany’s hand, sniffing Tifany’s hair, ignoring Tiffany for a day, and hugging Tiffany for 3 seconds. She would write the result inside her diary, ranging from how her body reacted to it to how her heart would beat faster. She wrote it in a detail way, making sure that she wouldn’t miss a spot of her body reaction toward the eye-smiling girl. Taeyeon kept her diary inside her drawer on her study table. She never thought that one day, her mother would come inside and try to help her tidying up her bedroom.

 

Her mother found the diary when she was still at school. Her mother panic reading her daughter’s note about other girl that her daughter might be falling in love with. Didn’t know what to do, her mother ran to her father’s office room inside the house and reported it to him. His father of course shocked and feeling angry mixed with disappointed and indignant. His wrath was kept until her daughter came home. Taeyeon impatiently ran toward her bedroom, feeling that she had enough with the methods and that the conclusion would be she was really in love with a particular girl named Tiffany Hwang.

 

Pity her for both of her parents had been waiting for her inside her bedroom with her diary gripped tightly inside her father’s hand. A slap was the first thing that welcomed her after she entered the room. It wasn’t a hug or a kiss on cheek which she usually got when she reached home. Long lectures and scolds were the next things she had to deal with after the hard slap which made her right face had hand mark printed on it, making her chubby cheek swollen and redden in color.

 

Taeyeon’s stubbornness was inherited from her father so yes they had huge fight filled with debates, arguments, dissents, and pleas. Her mother chose to leave when the father and daughter were having arguments. After some time and endless excuses, they both felt exhausted. Her father gave up since Taeyeon was his only child. Taeyeon explained how Tiffany was clueless about her feelings toward the latter so Taeyeon’s father recited it as a chance which he was willing to try.

 

He made an agreement with his daughter. Taeyeon was forbidden to tell Tiffany directly that she loved her or in other word, Taeyeon was prohibited to confess her love for Tiffany. Tiffany had to know Taeyeon’s feelings on her own. If Tiffany still couldn’t return her feelings after some years, she had to marry with the person Taeyeon’s father pointed willingly on her 27th birthday. Knowing that Taeyeon was a person who stick with her promise, Taeyeon’s father put his full trust in his daughter. They shook their hands together to seal the agreement.

 

However Taeyeon didn’t mention about the prohibition to confess thingy to Sunny. That’s also why Taeyeon gave endless hints and clues which Tiffany couldn’t seem to get for years. Taeyeon could only smile wryly every time she remembered how cocky and arrogant she was, thinking that she would have ability to make Tiffany fall for her. Her prediction after all proved her wrong; her premonition betrayed her, leaving her in such pathetic state.

 

“Then what if Fany still can’t return your feelings even after your time is up?” Sunny asked further.

 

“Then does it mean when your time is up, you will just let your father pick whoever he choose to be your husband???! Are you insane?! Why don’t you try to seek for another?! Who knows that you can fall for another be it girl or boy I don’t care! At least, try Taeng! Don’t let your father dominate you. He doesn’t know who’s the best for you! Only you yourself who know it, God damn it!!” Sunny couldn’t control her emotion anymore. She felt Taeyeon’s submission act suffocated her.

 

“If it’s not Tiffany, I don’t care who will have the worst luck to be my lover, Sunny. It’s her or no one at all. If I can’t have her then I can care less about the person whom I will be married in less than a year.” Taeyeon declared lifelessly.

 

“I give up on you, Taeng. Do what you think best. As your friend, I can only support you and advise you to or not to do something. The final decision lies on your hand. Just… Don’t ever change to someone I don’t know, okay?” Sunny let out a sigh and patted Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

“For anything worst may occur in the future, please promise me that you will never tell my departure to Tiffany before my actual leave. Can you do that for me, Sunny-ah?” Taeyeon pleaded.

 

“But-“

 

“Please?” Seeing Taeyeon’s desperate expression and her exasperated tone of voice, Sunny didn’t have heart to reject the plea. She could nod her head weakly, slightly disagreed but still indirectly said yes in the end.

 

“Thank you, Sunny. You’re the best!” Taeyeon could finally gave a cheeky grin, a sincere on that was.

 

“I know I will really regret this later.” Sunny muttered under her breath. Taeyeon heard it clearly but she pretended that she didn’t.

 

“Now you better sleep, Taeng.”

 

“But it’s only 8.30 pm, Sunny. Besides, Fany hasn’t home yet.” Taeyeon complained.

 

“I’ll wait for Fany. Go to sleep now or I will spill that you-“

 

“Okay okay!! Geezz.. You insincere brat!” Taeyeon mumbled but still did as Sunny said.

 

Taeyeon got up and walked to her bedroom followed by Sunny behind. The shorter girl reasoned out that she needed to make sure Taeyeon would keep her promise. Sunny sat beside the already sleeping Taeyeon, staring at her with full of care, love, and worries. Sunny treated Taeyeon as her own sister and that’s why she really cared and loved Taeyeon like she loved herself. She felt pity for the poor girl but she knew there’s nothing she could do for the latter except giving suggestions and recommendations.

 

“Poor girl. Be strong, Taeyeon-ah.” Sunny whispered lowly while fixing Taeyeon’s blanket.

----------------------------------

 

Chapter one is out!!!

This is the first time for me to write one shots and I hope I have some talents in it.. Hehehe..

Tell me what you think of this story through the comment box bellow, please??

Thank's for sparing some time to look out this story. Thank you also for reading, moreover if you like it~~

I will continue typing the story later this night because by now I have to get ready to church.. Happy Sunday everyone!! God Bless U...