Why Did I End Up Falling in Love with You?

Love Advisor

 

"Do you dislike me that much, Taeyeon-ah?" The girl in front of her asked.

 

"Eh? Sorry, what did you say again?" Taeyeon was lost in thought or in love to be exact.

 

She had been lost concentration and was unable to focus since the day her father introduced her soon to be husband or maybe wife was the perfect word to describe it since her fiance wasn't a guy but a woman, a fine woman it was. It had been 2 weeks she stayed in L.A, in the apartment her father had rent for her to live together with the fiance. Her father reasoned out that since Taeyeon was oblivious with her soon to be wife and in mere short moment they would be married, then why not starting to live together as soon as possible. Besides, Taeyeon would end up live together in the end so why not now?

 

Taeyeon had lost desire to live normally. She thought she would never have marriage life filled with love anyway so why she would bother with that? She only nodded to her father's request and the day after she had been introduced with her fiance, Taeyeon had to share the apartment with another not so foreign woman. Why not so foreign? Because it turned out that her fiance was her longtime best friend. She was Taeyeon's dear friend when they were still in elementary school. Taeyeon grew up together with her friend who was now her fiance. They had to be separated when her friend had to move with her parents to the states and lived there ever since.

 

It turned out that her friend had put a liking to Taeyeon and incapable to forget her even after all these years. It made Taeyeon felt bad for her so she decided to give her a chance to capture Taeyeon's heart. She fully realized and familiar how hurt it felt to have unrequited love because she had experienced the same feeling too toward Tiffany. That's why she was willing to try to love her even though she knew it was clearly near to impossible to forget Tiffany and love another girl. But then again, at the very least, Taeyeon still wanted to try. She didn't care whether the result would be success or not because the most important one was that she was willing to try.

 

"Sigh. Tell me honestly, Taeyeon-ah. Do you not want to continue this marriage?" The girl sadly stared at Taeyeon right in the eyes.

 

"What are you talking about, Hyo Joo-yaahh.. Of course I want to continue this. Why you suddenly asked it?" Taeyeon get rid of her thoughts about Tiffany and tried to centralize her concentration to the girl across of her only.

 

"Because you often looked lost in your thought. It seems that your body is here but your mind is somewhere else but here." The girl named Han Hyo Joo commented.

 

"Hahhaha.. I'm sorry. I think I still need some time to adapt here. You know, the time difference, the people, the language, and I kind of miss my friends back there." Especially the particular girl named Tiffany. Taeyeon added in her mind.

 

"Yeah, I understand that. Anyway, Tae. Do you have a lover before you came here? Because I'd feel bad if you do." Hyo Joo sipped her cold drink and put the straw away from her lips once she had done.

 

"Me? Nope. How about you?" Taeyeon hid her somber when she was answering the question. If only the question was, 'do you have a person whom you love before you came here?', maybe Taeyeon's answer would be different.

 

"I don't have one too. But if you ask whether I have a person whom I love then I'd answer that I have." Hyo Joo sneered before spreading her lips to form a beautiful smile.

 

"And that person would be?" Taeyeon asked innocently. She only knew that Hyo Joo was agree to marry her because her parents and Taeyeon's parents were best friend and that she was just trying to be a good and obedient daughter by saying yes to the marriage proposal.

 

"............" Hyo Joo didn't answer with but her eyes indicated and veridfied her answer. Hyo Joo threw her soft gaze to Taeyeon, signaling that Taeyeon was the person she meant.

 

"M..me??" Taeyeon was shocked. Her surprised expression was indescribable. She reluctantly pointed at herself.

 

"Yes. It's you." Hyo Joo chuckled and nodded her head confidently.

 

"Oo..ookayy.. But h-how?" Taeyeon hadn't recovered from her shock. She was shakingly put the forked spaghetti inside and too slowly munched it.

 

"Actually, I don't know either. I liked you when we were still kids but eventually that feeling dissipated after some years we've been separated. Honestly, I was a player and I have this long list of my exes name. It is countless though. But when I met you 2 weeks ago, the feelings I thought had dissapeared resurfaced again. I even wondered, could love grow this fast? But well, maybe it could since it happened to me in real life." Hyo Joo ended her indirectly confession with a satisfied smile, probably because she felt kind of relieved to have her feelings shared with her loved one.

 

"I don't like a player to be my partner for life. Who knows your bad habit will come back again after we've got married, right?" Taeyeon teased the girl. She didn't know how to react with Hyo Joo's sudden confession so she diverted the topic deliberately.

 

"Don't worry, hubby. That bad habitual of mine had ended since the day I met you." Hyo Joo braced herself to call Taeyeon that and returned the initial topic back.

 

"Hyo Joo-ah.. I didn't mean to reject you or well.. Something like that but I think I still need time to recriprocate your feelings. Errmm,, before that, are you sure that what you feel toward me is love?" Taeyeon tried to find words that wouldn't hurt Hyo Joo's feeling. She didn't want what had happened to her happen to Hyo Joo too. Yes, Taeyeon was that kind and sincere.

 

"I'm sure, Taeyeon-ah. How can you describe the fluttered feelings and churned stomach yet mixed with giddy caused by happiness and uhmm.. Exciteness whenever I can see your face? Only love can do that, right?" Hyo Joo's braveness upgraded. She reached out her hand to hold Taeyeon's hand on the table.

 

"And about the time. Don't worry, you'll have forever to learn to love me. We'll be married soon anyway." Hyo Joo ended her declaration of love with a tender smile.

 

"I'll use that forever wisely then." Taeyeon replied the smile and held the hand tighter, giving sign that she was more than willing to learn.

 

"I expect a good result from that, Tae. Anyway, shall we go now? Your father asked you to be back before 2 pm." Hyo Joo retrieved her hand and put her cell phone inside her purse.

 

"Ah yes, you're right. I need to go back to the office. Let's go?" Taeyeon stood up and approached Hyo Joo's seat, offering her hand to her fiance.

 

"Yep! Let's go!" Hyo Joo gladly took Taeyeon's hand and slipped her arm in between Taeyeon's arm and waist.

------------------------------

 

"You call for me, Dad?" Taeyeon entered her father's office room and approached his table.

 

"Yes. Have a seat, Tae." Her father gestured to Taeyeon to take a seat and yes she did.

 

"Err.. What's wrong? Did I make a fatal mistake? Is there any miss with the calculation? Or was it because-"

 

"No no.. It's not about business, Taeyeon-ah. Relax, big girl." Her father chuckled yet still look powerful and tough.

 

"So what is it, Dad?" Taeyeon exhaled in relief.

 

"It's about your wedding. What do you think of Hyo Joo so far?" Taeyeon's father asked interestingly.

 

He knew deep inside that his daughter was still in love or lost in love with her best friend back in Soul. That's why he needed to know whether Taeyeon was willing to give up her love on Tiffany or not because it would be unfair for Han Hyo Joo to only have less than half of Taeyeon's heart since she had practically left her heart in Soul with no one to hold it because as you've all had known, Tiffany couldn't able to accept Taeyeon's dear heart.

 

"She's a nice girl, Dad. At least you've chosen the right person for me. Thank you." Taeyeon sincerely stated.

 

"Do you think you can love her someday? Honestly, she doesn't know about your feelings for Tiffany. She idolizes you and has been happy since her parents and I told her about the wedding news to her. I think she kind of likes you somehow." Taeyeon's father put down his pen and closed his paper. He discarded it and put it inside his drawer.

 

"Really? When did you tell her about the wedding actually?" Taeyeon asked interestedly. She fixed her chair and brought it closer to his father mahogany desk.

 

"Hum.. About a month ago I think. She knew it 2 weeks faster than you." Her father answered.

 

"Oohh.. I see. About your question earlier, Dad. I honestly don't know whether I'll be able to transport my love from Tiffany or not, but I'm willing to try." Taeyeon didn't show any hesitation in exclaiming those words and yes it made her father smile.

 

"Are you sure, Tae? I'm not doubting you but I just want to make sure. I don't want to force into something you don't like. Regarding the wedding, I'm forced to do it because of your age and unstable career. You almost reached 27 and I have faith you will still wait for that woman no matter how long it will take. What if Tiffany get married to a stranger in the end? Or worse if she's married in the age of 34. It means you will still be single when that time comes." He paused, shaking his head a little to get rid of those imaginations.

 

"I can't even imagine that. You're my only daughter and as much as I look vicious or scary in your eyes, I love you Taeyeon-ah. I don't want my daughter to be more miserable caused of unrequited love." Taeyeon flinched when her father mentioned her terrible love story.

 

"So I hope you understand my reasons and thank you for willing to try. Hyo Joo is a good woman, Tae. She's worth your love. Trust me." He ended his words of wisdom with a smile.

 

"I understand, Dad. It's me who should say thank you instead. I should have known your good motives behind our deal. I'm sorry for being too blind to realize it." Taeyeon let out a sigh. She knew started today she really had to try hard to forget Tiffany, erase her from her heart and replace it with Hyo Joo, her soon to be wife.

 

"Thank you also for giving me a very nice and smart woman instead of some random guys whom I know I wouldn't be interested in. I kind of amazed that you know I prefer to be dominate in relationship and the only way to be that is having submissive woman as my partner." Taeyeon bowed politely to her father to express her gratitude.

 

"I know my daughter well, Tae. You may oblivious with that but I have my ways to understand you." Her father said proudly.

 

"Thank you so much, Daddy. In my 26 years of life, I just knew the real you now unfortunately. I'm sorry." Taeyeon felt lament and sorry to her father.

 

"That's okay, Taeyeon-ah. I had to be strict and assertive in educating you but look at the result. You've grown as a fine woman now and I can do nothing but feeling satisfied and grateful with that. You're smart, humble, beautiful, and an obedient daughter also. I can't ask for more, can I?" Her father stood up and walked circled the table. He stood behind Taeyeon and squeezed her shoulder a bit.

 

"Thank you, Dad. I'm sorry if I often made you disappointed and angry in the past." Taeyeon's shoulder slumped down.

 

"Hey, it's okay. Human always makes mistake, including you." Her father tapped Taeyeon's back softly.

 

"Yeah, but still-"

 

"There's no but, Taeyeon-ah. As I've said, it's okay. Just make sure that you won't repeat the same mistake again, either in love life or in your career." He cooed.

 

"Yes, Dad. I've quited my initial job as a composer and now I'm here as your asisstant as your wish." Taeyeon didn't comment about the love life matter.

 

"I want you to quit because I hate my daughter keep writing sad songs based on her personal experiences. It's too exasperating and it hurts my heart everytime I hear your song, Tae." His father reasoned out.

 

"You hear my song?" Taeyeon was taken aback.

 

She thought her father didn't care about the career she chose before. Yes, the relationship shared between Taeyeon and her father used to be rocky and rough pavement. She didn't pay attention much to her father since the incident where her parents found out her secret and the deal was sealed. But it turned out the sam thing didn't prevail to her father. He still with full of care and love observed his only child from afar. Secretly always updating the news regarding his daughter.

 

"Of course! I've heard all of those depressed full of painful and heart shattering words songs. I can even remember the people who sing it. Jessica, Seohyun, Boa, Sooyoung, Hyorin,-"

 

"Okay okay, I get what you meant, Dad. Geez.. I never knew you could be this talkative and protective." Taeyeon giggled, feeling happy for her father was actually cared a lot about her.

 

"Yeah I am I think." Tayeon's father chuckled along.

 

"Well, I think that's all what I need to confirm from you, Tae. Please give your best shot for her. She deserves it." He saw Taeyeon stood up and turned her body around to face him.

 

"I know. She deserves all the love in the world she can gain. I'll try and give my best effort, Dad. Besides, I'll have forever to learn to love her when we're married later, right?" Taeyeon used Hyo Joo's words.

 

"Of course you're right." He nodded.

 

"I think I'll get back to work now. See you, Dad." She braced herself to step forward and hug her father. He was caught off guard for it's been so long since he received a hug from Taeyeon.

 

"And.. I love you too, Dad." She replied her father words moments ago.

 

"I love you, Tae." Her father put a genuine smile on his face and patted Taeyeon's back.

 

"Don't worry, Dad. I've been nothing but a spoiled brat and failure product for so long. This time, I'll make you proud. I'll try to love her." Taeyeon added in her mind.

--------------------------

 

"Tttaaaaeeeee!!!" Hyo Joo knocked the door of Taeyeon's bedroom vividly.

 

"Taaaeeyyeeoonn-aaahh!!!" She raised her voice's tone and knocked the door harder.

 

"Taaee-"

 

"Oucchh!!" Taeyeon yelled when Hyo Joo coincidentally knocked on Taeyeon's forehead not so lightly.

 

"Ooppss.. Sorry." Hyo Joo gave a sorry smile.

 

"What's wrong? It's midnight. Why are you not sleeping?" Taeyeon rubbed the area where Hyo Joo just hit her.

 

"I-"

 

"Huwaaaa!!!" Hyo Joo jumped onto Taeyeon, carelessly hugged her waist with her long legs with her upper body slammed on Taeyeon's face.

 

"Oouuwwfff!!" Taeyeon almost lose her balance. She stepped backward to regain her composure and held Hyo Joo safely within her embrace.

 

"Hiii.. I'm scared!!" Hyo Joo quickly covered her ears when the splash of lightning peeked through the curtains hanging on Taeyeon's windows inside the bedroom.

 

"Kyaaaa!!!" Hyo Joo screamed in fear when finally the thunder uproared loudly that the sound of it echoed throughout the room.

 

"Whoaaa.." Taeyeon abruptly moved backward and finally landed on the bed with Hyo Joo on top of her.

 

"So you're scared of thunder, huh?" Taeyeon chuckled.

 

She saw how Hyo Joo quickly got off from Taeyeon's lap shyly and burried her body beneath the blanket. She covered her body up to her face, feeling embarassed for Taeyeon had revealed her childish act and for carelessly hanging on Taeyeon like a koala earlier. Taeyeon held her laughter, tried not to laugh out loud. "Just like Tiffany." Taeyeon unconciously smiled remembering Tiffany had the same fear of thunder like Hyo Joo.

 

"Don't laugh at me!" Hyo Joo murmured from under the blanket. She took a peek by pulling the blanket downward slightly.

 

"I won't. It's cute actually. Who's in her 26 years old that still feels scared of thunder? Only you I assume." Taeyeon grinned, showing her perfect teeth to Hyo Joo.

 

"Yah!! I told you not to laugh at me!!". Hyo Joo rolled down the blanket and brought herself up into a sitting position.

 

"I didn't! I was mocking you, not laughing at you." Taeyeon defended herself. She rose both her hands up, pretending like she's surrender and that she's innocent.

 

"That's the same thing! You-"

 

"Kyaaaa!!!" Hyo Joo postponed her urge to protest when the thunder striked again. She in reflex jumped from her position and clung on Taeyeon.

 

"Hahahha.. That's what you get for being angry at me." Taeyeon reluctantly wrapped her arms around Hyo Joo's back and brought her closer.

 

"Can I.. Can I sleep here just for tonight? Errmm.. If..if you don't mind of course." Hyo Joo hesitantly asked. She was known as an independent and perfectsonist woman so it would be weird and embarassing to know that the real almighty Han Hyo Joo was afraid of thunder.

 

"What if I said that I do mind." Taeyeon teased the latter just like how she teased Tiffany when she first found out Tiffany's fear of thunder.

 

"Then I will just try to be brave and sleep in my room" Hyo Joo answered dejectedly. She hung her head low, feeling tears were betraying her and asked to be poured out. She felt sad to be rejected moreover by her soon to be husband. She weakly brought herself up when a hand stopped her.

 

"I'm just kidding. Was it that lame that you wanted to cry just by hearing it?" Taeyeon tightened her grip and brought Hyo Joo back to her bed.

 

"Of course you can sleep here with me. We'll share bed and everything else soon anyway." Taeyeon nonchalantly said, oblivious with the blushing Hyo Joo.

 

"Errmm. Thank you." Hy Joo still with the pink color tinted on her face replied. She reluctantly placed herself distant away from Taeyeon.

 

"Ngghh.." The thunder attacked again. Hyo Joo was trembling and shivering but she tried hard to be strong. She didn't want to burden Taeyeon more than she had now.

 

"Shooshh.. I'm here. I'm here." Taeyeon soothed Hyo Joo. She sneaked in her arm and hugged Hyo Joo from behind. Taeyeon tugged Hyo Joo and turned her body around to face her.

 

"I'm sorry.. I know I shouldn't be afraid because I'm a grown up woman and because I don't want to make you worried but here I am, unable to do anything but feeling-"

 

"Shoosshh.. It's okay. It's okay. I'm here for you." Taeyeon reached out her arm and hugged Hyo Joo sideways.

 

"Thank you, Taetae." Hyo Joo mumbled on Taeyeon's broad chest. Tayeon's eyes grew wide hearing her nickname. Back then, only Tiffany was allowed and creative enough to call her that.

 

"You're most welcome. Now sleep." Taeyeon's eyes back to its normal size again. She made soft gaze and gestured Hyo Joo to rest her head on her chest.

 

"Goodnight, Taetae. Urm can I call you that?" Hyo Joo excitedly moved her head toward Taeyeon's comfy chest.

 

"Sure. Call me anything you want." Taeyeon smiled. She chanted her promise to try in learning to love the woman lay beside her. She guided her hand to rub Hyo Joo's porcelain smooth arm.

 

"Thank you again. Have a nice dream, hubby. I love you." Hyo Joo eyes started to get heavy. She even forgot her frighten of thunder. She loved the feeling of Taeyeon's chest against her head. She snuggled closer to Taeyeon.

 

"Uhm.. Goodnight." Taeyeon couldn't reply the confession. She tried to convey her guilty feelings by giving Hyo Joo a kiss on her forehead.

 

"Night." That night, Hyo Joo fell asleep with a wide smile decorating her face.

 

"Maybe I really can start learning to love her." Taeyeon said inside her mind. She rested her head on top of Hyo Joo's crown and followed her fiance to the dreamland.

--------------------------

 

"A penny for your thoughts?" Minho's voice woke Tiffany up from her daydreaming.

 

"Ah? Sorry. Did I miss something?" Tiffany shyly answered. They were having lunch together like every other day since the housemate of Tiffany left her to States more than a month ago.

 

"Not really. I was just staring at you to know what your thought was but after some time, I think I have to give up. What's wrong, babe? You've been like this since more than a month ago. Miss Taeyeon that much?" Minho forced a chuckled. He actually had to postpone his plan to propose since Tiffany's mind, heart, and soul were always wandering around.

 

"Yeah I guess so. I'm sorry if I didn't pay attention much to you lately." Tiffany showed her apology by holding Minho's hand on the table.

 

"That's okay. I don't mind. Why don't you just try to contact her? There are many ways to communicate across the country nowadays. You know like Skype, What's App, or maybe you can call her or simply text her. You've been friends for life. So why bother waiting if you can do the chasing?" Minho told Tiffany. He spooned the rice along with the chopped chicken and brought it inside his mouth afterward.

 

"I.. Well I guess I just wait for her to contact me first." Tiffany lied.

 

She awkwardly smiled and yes Minho noticed the fake smile which couldn't even reach her eyes. She had sad eyes when thinking about Sunny's words and warning not to chase after Taeyeon if she hadn't revealed her own feelings toward her so called love advisor. Tiffany had spent more than a month to think about it and the answer was really scared her. She felt lonely and cold when she wasn't with Minho and forcely had to stay inside her apartment without Taeyeon around.

 

Tiffany often visiting Taeyeon's old room just to stare at the remaining things Taeyeon used to use. She would lay on Taeyeon's bed and recalled each and every moment she had passed with Taeyeon together. Sometimes if her heart could take it, she would take the photoalbum contained her and Taeyeon's photos. She would blankly stare at the photos and subconciously grazed her fingers over Taeyeon's face which never got older even after all this time. Her tears would always roll down her face and finally dripped on Taeyeon's face on the photograph.

 

Tiffany would end up crying badly, streaming out her tears like a broken dam. She would smile bitterly and talked to herself, well it was more like scolded herself for being so blind and stupid for so long. At the end of it, she would say apology words and her prayer about her hope for Taeyeon's comeback. The story would repeat after itself and the heartbreaking scene didn't show any sign that it would change anytime soon. How about the result? Yes, Tiffany had to admit that she had these special feelings for Taeyeon. But she was just still afraid to call it love.

 

"I really don't understand your friendship with Taeyeon. I mean, you've known her for a decade and been living together for errmm.. Years. Why is it so hard for you to move your pride aside and call her???" Minho stated. He got quite frustrated because Tiffany's longing feelings toward Taeyeon affected their relationship indirectly.

 

"I'm sorry, oppa but even if I explain it to you, I don't think you will understand. It's not as easy as you think. It's... Sigh.. It's complicated." Tiffany reasoned out weakly.

 

"I don't like this Tiffany. She isn't as cheerful and as talkative as she used to be. She's too quiet and often slow in reacting. You know I really care for you and that I love you. I feel bad seeing you like this, you know." Minho showed a worried face. He paused and contemplated regarding the nex words he would say.

 

"I know you feel lonely and the apartment is too quiet compare to when Taeyeon was still there. I've offered you many times to stay with me at least until she comes back but I don't know why you keep rejecting my good intention. At least that way, you'd have a company right? I've even promised that I'd sleep in different room yet it still doesn't change your mind. What really happened, Tiffany? Is there anything that you haven't told me? Do you hide something from me?" Minho couldn't help but being suspicious.

 

"I'm sorry." Tiffany could only manage to say that simple word. "Because you're simply not Taeyeon and that's why even you're with me, it will still feel different." Tiffany added inside her mind. She felt sorry for the guy but there's nothing she could do about it. Well, you can't control your feelings, can you?

 

"Tiffany.." Minho called her name seriously. He clenched the diamond ring box inside his pocket with all his might, knowing he would surely regret his decision as soon as he blurted the next few words.

 

"Just go after her." Minho closed her eyes while finishing his sentence.

 

"What do you mean?" Tiffany was taken aback by Minho's blunt words.

 

"Stop pretending. I know why you're acting weird lately. Tell me honestly and look at me in the eyes when you say it. Do you still love me?" Minho loosened his grip on the box inside his pocket. He had guessed the answer would be given but still, he knew the impact would be more hurt.

 

"I.. I lo-... Sigh. I'm sorry, Oppa. You're right. I've been nothing but dishonest to you all these times. I'm so sorry. I've tried, I swear I've tried but I guess heart can't lie." Tiffany guiltily answered. Tiffan noticed the depression reflected on Minho's face. He looked so mournful and painful.

 

"I know it. I've guessed it but well it still hurts when you say it. What does relationship mean if one of the party member is incapable to love the other party? It takes two to tango anyway. I can do solo dance but I don't think it will be fair." He tried to slip a joke in his words to make Tiffany felt less guilty and yes it worked.

 

"Solo dance? Can you even dance, Oppa? Hahaha.." Tiffany giggled. Deep inside she felt so grateful for ever meeting such a gentleman and kind hearted guy like Minho.

 

"Let's go home then so you can start packing." Minho beamed a sincere yet full of sadness smile.

 

"Eh?" Tiffany was caught off guard again.

 

"I'll buy ticket to L.A for tomorrow's flight and drive you to the airport. You can even ask Sunny to accompany you. I'll buy ticket for her also. That's the least thing I can do for you. Go for her and never let her go again. Chase your happiness before you lose your grip on it." Minho wisely ecxlaimed. He took away his hand from his pocket, knowing he couldn't even show his diamond ring to Tiffany.

 

"But are you okay letting me go just like this? I mean, are you sure-"

 

"I am okay.. I'll be okay." Minho cut Tiffany short.

 

"Now let's go or you won't have much time to pack away." Minho stood up and offered his hand to Tiffany.

 

"I'm sorry I can't be a loyal girlfriend to you, Oppa. And lastly, thank you for being a good boyfriend and now friend. You're a great guy. I'm sure there's a good girl made especially for you." Tiffany commented and grabbed his hand.

 

"I did hope that the girl was you but destiny said otherwise. I wish you happiness, Fany-ah. Taeyeon, I trust you to take care of her." Minho said inside his mind and shook his head lightly to maintain his composure.

--------------------------

 

"Tiffany? What are you doing here?" Sunny lazily opened the door. She was having a nice nap on Saturday's afternoon when someone knocked her apartment's door.

 

"Hello to you too Sunny! Can I come in?" Tiffany grinned widely. Sunny weirdly stared at her happy face. It was a rare sight since the day she left Sunny's apartment more than a month ago.

 

"Errmm yeah.. Sure! And is that a luggage?" Sunny oddly looked at the quite too huge to be a backpack thingy on the floor. Tiffany didn't answer and casually dragged her small sized luggage inside Sunny's apartment.

 

"Go pack, Sunnny! You only have..." Tiffany halted. She took some moments to take a quick glimpse at her wrist watch.

 

"4 hours before the plane fly and about 3 hours and 10 minutes before check in." Tiffany continued still with a smug face.

 

"Wait wait! I really don't have any idea what you're talking about right now." Sunny eyed Tiffany suspiciously. She had her arms crossed over her chest and tapped her feet impatiently on the floor, waiting for Tiffany's answer.

 

"We're going to the L.A!! And Minho should be here in an hour and half so I will appreciate it if you stop looking at me like I'm a crazy person and start packing! NOW!!" Tiffany stood up and pushed Sunny from behind toward her bedroom.

 

"Hold on for a moment!" Sunny resisted and held her feet on the floor, stopping Tiffany from pushing her further.

 

"Why you suddenly want to go to L.A?! We haven't even received the wedding invitation from Taeyeon and what did you say again? Minho will drive us to airport?! Minho??!! Your supposed to be fiance or husband or in other word, your current boyfriend?!!" Sunny raised her tone more with each question that she asked.

 

"Sigh. I really don't have time to explain so I'll make it short. Listen this clearly because I don't have any plan to repeat it." Tiffany warned Sunny and the shorter girl nodded eagerly.

 

"I've thought about it. Heck! I always think about that particular short girl every single day. There would be no day spent without me thinking of her and I've acknowledged my own feelings for her. So yeah, I think.. No.. I'm sure about it. I love her. I love Taeyeon." Tiffany blurted it out honestly. There was no hesitation detected from her.

 

"..........." Sunny was too surprised from the news. She got hanging out widely.

 

"Stop staring and pack your things! As I've said, I wouldn't repeat it!" Tiffany said shyly. Her cheeks color redden a bit.

 

"You love Taeyeon." Sunny finally regained her normal state back. Tiffany ignored Sunny's remark. She still felt shy.

 

"Oh yes you do love Taeyeon romantically. I'm right after all. Hahaha.. Yeaay you love Taeyeon!!" Sunny's lips spread and made a beautiful wide smile.

 

"Shut up!" Tiffany averted her gaze. She felt so shy to confess her feeling for Taeyeon and say it to Sunny.

 

"Oh come on.. You don't have to feel shy about it. Wait here, I'll pack as fast as lightning that you won't even know that I've gone." Sunny winked and cheerfully entered her room and prepared things she would need to bring to L.A.

-------------------------

 

*Ding Dong*

 

"Baby, will you please open the door? I'm kind of busy here." Taeyeon called to her housemate. She was busy reading the latest newspaper delivered just this morning.

 

"Tsk. Nosy.." Hyo Joo grumbled and unwillingly dragged her long feet toward the door.

 

"Tae-.. Wait! Is this Taeyeon's residence. Uhm I mean, does Taeyeon live here? Or maybe I got the wrong number. Errmm sorry for-" Tiffany aborted her intention to yell her loved one's name when the person who opened the door wasn't Taeyeon.

 

"Hahahha.. You're not wrong. Taeyeon is indeed living here. Wait, let me call for her." Hyo Joo chuckled, showing her perfect teeth.

 

"Baabbee.. There's someone uhm I mean two person are looking for you." Hyo Joo called Taeyeon from the front door.

 

Tiffany flinched hearing Taeyeon was being called that way for the first time, moreover when she just realized her own feelings for the latter. She tried hard, gave her best effort to stay unaffected and keep her composure straight. From the corner of her eyes, she could see worried reflected on Sunny's eyes. She gave a signal to Sunny that she still could bear it and that she's okay with it. Sunny nodded weakly and smiled. Soon steps could be heard coming from the inside of apartment.

 

"Looking for me?? Who are they?" Taeyeon yelled the question while walking to the front door.

 

"Just look for yourself. I'll make the drinks while you're asking them to come in okay, babe?" Hyo Joo approached Taeyeon and placed a kiss on her cheek and headed inside and yes, both of the person saw that sight. One of them felt hurt seeing that though.

 

"Hi Tae!" Sunny decided to break the awkward moment first when Taeyeon's eyes met Tiffany's.

 

"Eehhmm.. Tiffany? Sunny? What are you two doing here?" Taeyeon wide eyes were enough to show her dismay. However she managed to cover it after some seconds.

 

"Uhm.. I-" Tiffany didn't know what to say. She missed Taeyeon and she wanted nothing but to hug her or even kiss her if she could. But seeing Taeyeon for live now made her too happy that she felt shy and confused.

 

"She misses you a lot, Taetae that we have to pass through the long and timid flight just to be here. Shouldn't you ask us to come in?" Sunny slightly pushed Taeyeon's body backward but weirdly, Taeyeon stood her ground and didn't back out.

 

"Yah! What's wrong! Let us come in!" Sunny stopped her aggresion and eyed Taeyeon suspiciously.

 

"I haven't even hugged you both! Besides, why should both of you come in? We can go out and have a walk now.. Let me be your tour guide." Taeyeon slightly stepped aside and came in between Tiffany and Sunny. She closed the door behind her and started the hugging moments, from Sunny.

 

"Sunny-ah! How are you? I miss you so much, buddy!" Taeyeon ignored the fact that Sunny felt annoyed and didn't hug her back. She pulled back after some seconds and help up her breath.

 

"Fany-ah!! I miss you a lot, housemate!!" Taeyeon awkwardly said and opened her arms to hug Tiffany, but-

 

"Yah!! How could you do this to me, Taetae!! You left me without any goodbye words or notification first beforehand!! What do you take me for?! I thought I was your best friend! And you let Sunny know but you didn't tell me about it?! You evil best friend!! You you!!" Tiffany burst. She pinched Taeyeon's arm, hit it afterward, slap Taeyeon's chest and the attack couldn't be stopped until Taeyeon resisted and jumped to hug Tiffany.

 

"I'm sorry, Fany-ah. I don't know your reaction would be like this. I thought you were happy with Minho and I didn't want you to be sad just because of my departure." Taeyeon moved her arms from behind Tiffany and wrapped it around the latter's waist tightly.

 

"But you're more important than him. You're always much more important than any of my exes and you know that." Tiffany's assault stopped and she now cried on Taeyeon's shoulder. Sunny stepped aside, leaning her back on the wall to watch after them. She didn't want to disturb the heartbreaking reunion.

 

"I know and I'm sorry for that." Taeyeon gave the last squeeze and pulled away. She fixed Tiffany's hairs lovingly.

 

"I hate you." Tiffany murmured but enough to be heard by Taeyeon.

 

"But I'll still love you." Taeyeon smiled. She touched Tiffany's chin and pulled it up. Taeyeon guided her thumbs to wipe Tiffany's tears away.

 

"Now stop crying." Taeyeon tenderly Tiffany's cheeks.

 

"Gaah.. I can't handle these cheesy sight anymore!" Sunny stomped her feet.

 

She had been ignored by the looked like lovey dovey couple before her. She quietely tip toed through the door and slightly opened it. Taeyeon was of course still busy with Tiffany. It looked like the housemate hadn't met for years since they kept hugging, giggling, touching each others and that made Sunny shivered and her fingers curled. She immediately gasped in horror, stepped backward and closed the door again, losing her balance and fell right on her . Her eyes wide in horror and she was speechless with agape like she just saw a ghost, a scary one it was.

 

"Sunny-ah.. What happened??" Tiffany ran to her friend and squatted.

 

"Sunny, are you okay?" Taeyeon who was still oblivious that Sunny had stepped inside before came and followed Tiffany to squat.

 

"Aah.. I.. I gues you're right. We don't have time to come in. We need to search the hotel." Sunny quickly regained her composure and pushed herself to stand up. She gave eye signal to Taeyeon that she was just from inside.

 

"Uhm.. Sunny is right. Should I accompany you to search for the best yet hotel around here?" Taeyeon got the signal.

 

"Wait! You're two are being suspicious now! I think I want to come inside." Tiffany frowned and stepped forward, intending to open the door when both girls forbid her using their bodies.

 

"What do you want to do inside anyway?" Taeyeon grinned weirdly.

 

"Yeah, she's right. I'm sure there's nothing interesting that we can do anyway. This is L.A and it's not everyday we can come here so we should really use the time wisely. Shall we go, Tiff?" Sunny took Tiffany's wrist and wanted to drag her but Tiffany yanked her hand away and pushed with all her might to break the door opened.

 

Unfortunately Taeyeon wasn't ready when the attack came so she pushed backward with the door opened ajar. Sunny was still standing outside. Taeyeon fell down and now sat on the floor. Tiffany roamed her eyes around the room, trying to seek the reasons why she was forbidden to enter by both girls. Her eyes captured something shocking hanging on the wall with pride. She gasped loudly,  covered with her palm and moved backward carelessly. She shook her head repetitively, didn't believe what she just saw. Taeyeon looked Tiffany's reaction and felt guiltier than before.

 

"Hey, Taeyeon's friends right? Come in. I have prepared quick breakfast and milk for you." Hyo Joo came wearing apron and smiled sincerely.

 

"Sigh. I think it's time for me to introduce her." Taeyeon weakly forced herself to get up and hit the dust away while standing up.

 

"Fany, Sunny, this is Hyo Joo." Taeyeon introduced them. Sunny entered the apartment again and shook Hyo Joo's hand.

 

"Fany-ah." Taeyeon called to her friend when Hyo Joo's hand wasn't welcomed or being shook by Tiffany. She shyly retrieved back her hand and hid it behind her back.

 

"That's okay, Tae." Hyo Joo gave a reassuring smile to Taeyeon.

 

"Is she? Is she really-" Tiffany didn't dare enough to ask it. She was afraid of the outcome she would hear.

 

"Yes. She is my wife." Taeyeon closed her eyes and answered it. She quickly averted her gaze from Tiffany. She didn't want to see sadness and disappointment reflected in her best friend's eyes.

 

"W-wife?" Tiffany stammered. She didn't even realize tears were starting to roll down her face, dampened the already dried face before.

 

"Hyo Joo, right? I'm Sunny, Taeyeon's best friend. Do you mind to show me the neighborhood?" Sunny took the initiative and grabbed Hyo Joo's hand.

 

"Eh? Oh.. Yeah, sure." Hyo Joo was still confused but nodded her head neverthless.

 

"Both of you need to talk like seriously." Sunny whispered inside Taeyeon's ears and dragged Hyo Joo away from the apartment, leaving Taeyeon and Tiffany inside.

----------------------------

 

"Come, Fany-ah. Please take a seat." Taeyeon talked to Tiffany whose soul was wansering around since she looked at the familiar picture she always saw in her old house when she lived with her parents years ago.

 

"That is.. Uhm,, that is your pre-wedding photo right? You're not married yet, right? Tell me that it's not true, Taetae." Tiffany ignored Taeyeon's request to sit down. She shook her head repeteadly in horror, her body was trembling and her legs were wobbly like she would lose her balance anytime soon.

 

"Sigh. I've married, Fany-ah. But I swear it won't change anything between us. I still can be your love advisor and best friend. Besides-"

 

"Why?" Tiffany stared at nothingness in front of her, diverting her gaze to anywhere but Taeyeon's eyes. Taeyeon hesitantly stepped forward and hugged Tiffany.

 

"Why?" Tiffany's tears were pouring out more rapidly when she felt coldness when Taeyeon's touched her shoulder. It was caused by Taeyeon's wedding ring. Tiffany twitched and in reflex she abstained away from Taeyeon.

 

"I thought you loved me. I thought you wanted no one but me. Why Taeyeon-ah? Why did you marry her?" Tiffany showed no hesitation in revealing Taeyeon's biggest secret. She flopped down her body weakly on the couch with tears still dripping heavily from her eyes.

 

"How? It's Sunny, isn't it?" Taeyeon didn't have no idea why Tiffany would be crying knowing that she had taken and married. She followed Tiffany to sit beside her. She reluctantly moved her hand to hold Tiffany's hand. Tiffany didn't react to it.

 

"I thought the wedding would be held 10 days from now so why, Taeyeon-ah?" Tiffany ignored Taeyeon's statement. She flinched again feeling Taeyeon's ring against her skin.

 

"I moved the day forward because if I didn't do it, I don't think I could ever marry anyone. Since you've known my true feelings anyway. Sigh. It's true, I'm so in love with you since high school." Taeyeon started her sad story. She subconsciously tear up a bit recalling her unrequited love for the latter.

 

"I've tried to give you endless hints about my love, my special love for you-"

 

"Why didn't you confess?!" Tiffany cut Taeyeon short. She didn't bother to wipe away her tears and let it fell freely from her already swollen and blurry eyes.

 

"I can't. I used to be too curious when I was still in high school. I found ways to reveal my feelings for you, whether it was love or not by testing myself. I grazed my hands with yours, I hugged you for more than 3 seconds, I stared at your face for 5 minutes and saw how my body reacted to it. I wrote those in my diary and kept it safe inside my drawer. The result was shocking. It was love. It is love." Taeyeon paused to clean Tiffany's trace of tears from her cheeks using her back hand.

 

"My parents found the diary. I was almost being disowned because of that. After some heated battle and debate, my father and I reached an agreement. I was allowed to chase after you and try to win your heart but in one condition-"

 

"You can't confess it directly and was only permitted to give clues and hints." Tiffany continued Taeyeon unfinished words.

 

"I've tried, Fany-ah. I swear I've tried. But you were too busy with your own world that you weren't aware of my hints. You have no idea how hurt it felt when I knew I could only be your love advisor. It's because I'm the person who knows you best and that's why being love advisor is the best I can be." Taeyeon confessed. By now her cheeks were as wet as Tiffany's. Her eyes were red and she already got a puffy nose.

 

"My heart cracked a little more whenever you ran to me, telling me stories about some guys who were trying to court you. It cracked more when you announced that you were official with the person who should have been me. It hurts to know that I can be better than him, that I can be a better lover, and I can be anything he can't. It hurts, Fany-ah." Taeyeon sobbed. She halted to inhaled deeply.

 

"My last hope was when you broke up with your sixth boyfriend. I spent incredible days knowing that you're mine and only mine. We could spend dinner and breakfast together, watch movies like old times, have a casual chat, and such. But those wonderful moments had to end when he came. Yes, your current boyfriend, Minho." Taeyeon smiled sadly remembering how she was nothing compared to that Minho guy.

 

"I thought he would be like those jerks you've ever dated before. I tried to keep optmist about you and me, I tried Fany-ah, to keep hoping that we could be more than just best friends or love advisor and her client but those hopes perished when he was nothing but a perfect boyfriend for you. He never disappointed you, he never late in every date, he never mad at you, he wasn't possessive, he never made a mistake Fany-ah." Taeyeon let out a sigh.

 

"I really wanted you to break up with him but I knew I didn't have any reason to protest about him. One day you asked me to come to your date when it was only your third months being together. At that time I knew, I could never compete with him. That's why I decided to give up and back out from the handicap competition. What's the use of joining a competition when you know you'll never come out as a winner?" Taeyeon stared deeply, right into Tiffany's eyes.

 

Tiffany didn't keep her eyes long with Taeyeon. She averted her gaze to the wedding photo where Taeyeon looked incredibly outstanding, but the girl who was standing beside her wasn't Tiffany and the girl who was now labeled as Kim also wasn't Tiffany but that lucky girl Tiffany just met not long ago. Taeyeon knew she was wrong for not telling Tiffany about her wedding but what she didn't know was the reason why Tiffany was exagerrating it and why Tiffany was crying a river.

 

"And yeah the reason behind my wedding. Remember the deal with my father? He told me if I still couldn't make you love me when my age was already passed 26 years old, I had to willingly accept any woman/man he pointed to be my fiance and had to marry him/her in my 27th birthday. Hyo Joo is the woman my father pointed." Taeyeon ended her explanation with a forced smile. Deep inside she kind of hoped that Tiffany would be the person her father pointed even she knew it would never happen.

 

"Fany-ah are you okay?" Taeyeon grew worried seeing Tiffany pursed her lips tight with her eyes which kept pouring out clear liquid.

 

"Why?" Tiffany finally started talking after some seconds passed.

 

"Why did I end up falling in love with you?" She continued. Taeyeon was sure she heard Tiffany saying she loved her but she thought her ears played some tricks on her.

 

"No matter how much time passes, I thought that you would always be here beside me. But you chose a different road." Tiffany talked still with those blank stares.

 

"Why wasn't I able to say it to you faster? My feelings that were growing everyday and night but now I know it will be futile, they won't reach you anymore." Taeyeon opened , wanting to speak but she closed it again when Tiffany didn't show any sign to stop.

 

"From the first time I met you, I felt like I knew you and the two of us melted together so naturally. Wherever we would go, it would be together. It was natural for you to be with me and we became adults together." Tiffany turned her stare again to the big wedding picture of Taeyeon not far from her unwillingly.

 

"For the day that held a special meaning. For the day where we could stand with happy faces. For the day which I'm sure you would look beautiful while praying to God." Tiffany felt a pang inside her heart. She didn't know whether she would be able to continue the next words or not, whether she could bear her heartache or not. She stood up and approached the picture.

 

"Next to the person who is not me. There's the figure of someone truly blessed. How am I supposed to see you off?" Tiffany tears fell out again. She weakly caressed Taeyeon's face on the picture.

 

"So why have I fallen for you? We can't go back to that time, to how we were. You are no longer single or available. I'm too late, aren't I?" Tiffany turned her head around and faced Taeyeon who had confusion written on her face.

 

"You heard me right, Taeyeon-ah. I'm in love with you. I love you just how you used to love me. The difference is, I take years just to realize my own feelings when you needed less than a year to know it. I'm so slow, aren't I?" The tears seeped through Tiffany's two hands when she covered her face with her palms.

 

"Fany-ah.. I.." Taeyeon was speechless. She never thought this day would come, the day where one of them would have courage to confess just to find out that they actually have mutual feelings.

 

"I.. I'm sorry." Taeyeon finally stated. She hung her head low with tears dripping from her eyes and splashed when it bumped the cold floor.

 

"I was wrong. I'm not the best person who knows you best because if I were, I wouldn't so carelessly decided to marry someone else and tried to burry my feelings for you. I'm the worst. I thought my love would be forever unrequited." Taeyeon hysterically said, couple of times slapping her own cheek until it was red.

 

"What are you doing, Taeyeon-ah?!" Tiffany grabbed the arm and launched herself to hug Taeyeon.

 

"I'm a babo, Fany-ah! I'm stupid, idiot, moron! I thought there was no chance for me, the would be impossible for you to love me. If 10 years weren't enough make my love distinct for you, then what could 2 months possibly do?! That was my logic said. My heart told me to keep waiting. Foolishly, I ignored my heart and followed my logic instead." Taeyeon cried on Tiffany's shoulder.

 

"I love you, Fany-ah. I love you so damn much it hurts. I don't want to be hurt anymore that's why I changed my actual wedding day and moved it forward. I shouldn't do it. If only-"

 

"Shooshh, Taetae. It's alright. You've lost your hope and I've lost my chance. Maybe we're just not meant to be together." It pained Tiffany to say those hurtful words but she knew she had to take the initiative to say it.

 

It was not Taeyeon's fault. She only wanted to love again, to heal her once broken heart, to patch the pieces of her heart so it could be whole again. Tiffany knew it was her fault. If only she realized it sooner, if only she took time to pay attention to the hints given, if only she wasn't too busy going out with her boyfriend. But then again, the if's only couldn't change the fact that Taeyeon was now married and that she was too late to prevent it. She felt Taeyeon clenched her shirt on her waist and hugged her like there's no tomorrow.

 

"Can I have the first and last kiss?" Taeyeon drew back and caressed Tiffany's face.

 

Tiffany bitterly smiled hearing the word 'last'. She nodded and in less than a second she felt a pair of lips against her. In reflex Tiffany tilted her head and brought her hand to Taeyeon's hair, bringing her head closer and if it was possible, she wanted to touched Taeyeon's lips more. Tiffany tugged Taeyeon's lips, bitting it slightly to make the older girl parted her lips and yes, Taeyeon did. Both of them kissed passionately, there's no lust involved. Only love and longing feelings could be detected. They savored the first and possibly last kiss they could have. Taeyeon wrapped her hands around Tiffany's waist and rubbed it up and down. Taeyeon dared herself to stuck her tongue out and Tiffany's lips. The brunette gladly took it inside and let it roamed and explored inside Tiffany's. The fact that they still needed oxygen to continue breathing forced them to separate.

 

"I'm sorry I love you, Fany-ah." Taeyeon with the b tears stated and hugged her.

 

"I'm sorry I was too late, Taeyeon-ah. And I love you too." Tiffany burried her head inside Taeyeon's crook.

 

"Best friends?" Tiffany pulled away and retreated her body away from Taeyeon unwillingly. She offered her hand to Taeyeon.

 

"Best friend and love advisor because that's the best thing I can be for you." Taeyeon shook her hand with Tiffany.

 

"Be happy please? Because that's the least thing you can do for me." Tiffany now offered her pinky finger.

 

"You too, Fany-ah. Please be happy and search for better person to be your lover. Remember, I'll always there to watch you and be your love advisor." Taeyeon interwined her pinky finger with Tiffany.

 

"I can't promise I can find a better person out there, Tae. How can I find that person when I just lost the best candidate as a lover when she had loved me for years? I was just too blind back then." Tiffany said with full of regrets.

 

"Fany-ah, don't say that. You just do your daily activity and I can guarantee guys will come to you. You don't have to do anything about it, I'll do the judgment. I'm your love advisor not for nothing, right?" Taeyeon tried to cheer Tiffany when in fact she was as hurt as Tiffany.

 

"Yeah. I guess that's the only thing I can do. I can't possibly take you away from her, can I?" Tiffany slipped hints within her words, secretly hoping Taeyeon would say yes.

 

"I'm sorry, Fany-ah." Taeyeon's answer disappointed Tiffany badly.

 

"Best friends?" Taeyeon pulled Tiffany's chin up and smiled more sincerely this time.

 

"Well since now it's the best I can ever be with you. I don't have no choice, do I? So yeah, best friends." Tiffany let out a sigh. She knew this would be the worst memory she had ever had, the worst decision she had ever made.

 

"If we ever meet in another life, I'll make sure your the first and last person I'll be falling in love with and that I'll never let you go or let your feelings ignored like what I've done now. I love you, Taeyeon-ah." Tiffany braced herself and kissed Taeyeon's cheek.

 

"This might be the last time I'll say it but you should know that my feelings for you will never go rusty. I love you, Tiffany, more than words can say, more than life itself." Taeyeon kissed Tiffany's forehead.

 

"Best friends?" Tiffany repeated the same words.

 

"Best friends." Taeyeon nodded.

-------------------------

 

This would be my first complete story yeaay!! Wohoo~~

How about the ending? I didn’t make you cry, did I?

Honestly, I wanted to make a fluff or happy ending but things happened, my mood got ruined, my heart broken just recently and I don’t think it can be fixed or patched up nicely back to its original form so yeah.. This is the ending I’ve come up with after some time I’ve spent to contemplate.

Not every story has a happy ending in spite the fact we have mutual feelings and I try to convey it through the ending. I’m thinking about the alternate ending but I don’t know whether I can make it soon or not.

I’ve told you that I’m nothing but bad and amateur author, haven’t I? I make story depends on my mood and such so yeah, if my heart can be healed and recover soon, maybe I can come up with a happy ending but we’ll see about it later.

Please elaborate your thoughts through the comment box below~~ But don’t be mad at me, please? Hehehe.. I know I’ve broken your heart but hey, this is the first angst story I have~~ So tell me, do I have talent in making sad story? Kekeke~ Am I good in making angst? No? T.T

I’ve talked too much.. Thank you for everything and I love you :*