C'mon, Smile For Yamapi!

Family Drama [HIATUS]

YAMAA’S P.O.V.

            “Pi, Pi, Pi!” I groaned and glared at the intruder in my room. “Waaaake uuup!”

            “Nande?” I grabbed my pillow and covered my face. “Go away, I’m shleeply.”

            “Don’t talk like that,” the annoying voice said.

            I threw my pillow at him, “Ryo!”

            “Come with me!” Ryo held out his hand to me.

            “Where?” I sat up, cocking my head, still feeling groggy.

            “Korea!” Ryo sat on the floor, smiling like an idiot.

            I now sat on the edge of my bed, looking confused. I had never been to Korean, or least, I pretended I had never been there since I avoided going there. It’s where he was from. I didn’t want anything to do with the country where the man who crushed my mother resided. If I had to go there for work, fine, but other than that, no thanks. Ryo knew this, so he must have a good reason to ask me if it didn’t include work.

            “Ryo…” I hesitated. “Why is it so important to you that I go to Korea with you?”

            “It has to do with a girl…” Ryo started, but stopped when I gave a threatening glare.

            “A girl?” I tried to keep calm. “You want me to go to that place because of a girl?”

            “Aoki,” I froze. He only called me Aoki when he was serious. “She’s not someone I’m going after. One of the members from TVXQ is a really good friend of mine. I’m sure you’ve heard the news about the member Jaejoong and how he’s engaged? Well, he’s that friend, and I want to personally congratulate him for his engagement and meet his fiancé. I ask you to come because manager said I can if one of the members comes with. We’re best of friends, right? And you’re the only one who knows Korean too.”

            I fell backwards, gazing at the ceiling. I mulled it over, thinking fast. I closed my eyes and saw my mother’s face appear, quiet and solemn. She told me that somewhere I had a half brother who probably knew nothing about my existence. His mother must be clueless of what my… father did here on his “business” trips. This must be my chance for revenge, right? I would destroy that man’s livelihood, happiness, for what he did to my mother… to me.

            “Eh,” I sat up and looked at Ryo, eyes glinting. “I’ll go with you.”

======================================

JAEJOONG’S P.O.V.

            I looked down at Minami who sat down in the bench beside me. It has been two months now since the accident, and Minami only needed to wear a brace on her arm and leg. Due to my schedule and her need to attend school, we rarely saw each other. But she didn’t seem to care. Umma said she hardly spoke and mostly kept to herself, locked up in her room. She still hasn’t smiled, not once.

            Now she only looked straight ahead, at nothing in particular. It was the first time I saw her in about two weeks and we still hadn’t spoken a word to each other. I really didn’t know what to say to her. People who recognized me gave me curious glances, but most attention went to Minami, not that I think she noticed.

            “How long do we have to be here?” she suddenly asked.

            “Oh, um,” I shifted uncomfortably. “Until he calls me to pick him up at the terminal.”

            “Oh,” she never moved positions. “I hate peoples stares.”

            I looked at her, puzzled. So she did care? I stifled a laugh, not knowing why I found it amusing. She seemed to have heard me scoff, since she looked at me with a blank stare.  I wanted to laugh even more, but my phone stopped me when it rang. Minami looked away and the moment slipped.

            I spoke a few words with my person and hung up. I touched Minami’s shoulder and helped her stand. We were at the airport, picking up a friend of mine from Japan. Apparently he brought his other friend. He’d told me, that he and his friend both had a week off work. Luckily I did too. He wanted to meet Minami and it was a good way to change the pace for her and an opportunity for me to get closer to her. Maybe even a chance to bring her smile back.

            We moved slowly through the crowd due to Minami’s refusal to the wheelchair. She was sick and tired of it, she’d said. It had almost sounded like her old self, and I couldn’t help but hope that there was a glimmer of hope for her to smile again.

            We reached the terminal and I quickly scanned the crowd. People met who they were there to meet, but I didn’t see my friend.

            “Boo!” I jumped as someone placed hands on my shoulders from behind, startling me. “Jaaeejoong!”

            “Ryo!” I turned and smiled at my friend. “Isashiburi!”

            “Isashiburi,” he hugged me. In Korean he said, “This is my namdonsaeng, Yamaa Tomohisa, but you can call him Yamapi.”

            The guy Yamaa Tomohisa, or rather Yamapi was standing behind Ryo, looking around and not really paying attention. He seemed a little stiff. Ah, so this was the famous Yamapi. I tried to get a better look at him, but his black long hair obscured his face from me.

            “Pi, Pi, Pi!” Ryo nagged the guy. “This is Jaejoong. You’ve heard of him of course, and he’s the one I told you looks kinda like you.”

            “Don’t say that too carelessly,” Yamapi turned to Ryo, a cool gaze in his eyes. He turned to me and bowed low, again stopping me from getting a clear look at him. “Nice meeting you, and sorry for my attitude. There’s a bit of touchy subject for me in the family area.

            “I understand,” I bowed too. “Nice too meet you too.”

            We both looked up at the same time and smiled. But we also froze. I was startled by some of the familiarities we shared. He was shorter than me, but still. Then we burst out laughing. Ryo gave us a puzzled look and Minami just sighed, “content” at being ignored.

            “Twin!” we both said and laughed again.

            “When’s your birthday?” he asked after calming down.

            “January 26, 1990,” I cocked my head. It wasn’t my true birthday, but the one that my dad had me change too.  “I’m almost 20, national age that is.”

            “Oh,” he looked disappointed. “Mine is on April 9th, 1990.”

            I hid my surprise. My real birthday was also April 9, 1990. We shared the same birthday as if we were twins! I wonder what time he was born? No, I shouldn’t ask him.

            “I see,” I looked at Minami and pulled her forward. “This is Minami, my fiancé.”

            “Uwah! She’s cute!” Yamapi gagaed. “Nice too meet you! I’m Yamapi!”

            “Nice to meet you too,” Ryo looked at her with a frown. “Jae, what happened in the accident?”

            I looked at Ryo, shocked at his insensitivity. But by the looks of it, he was well informed.

            “Ryo!” I snapped at him.

            “Has she even smiled since then?” Ryo kept going.

            “How is anyone supposed to smile again,” Minami spoke up, giving Ryo a cold stare. “after losing one’s parents? My most precious people?”

=======================================

MINAMI’S P.O.V.

            I looked at Jaejoong’s friend, Ryo. He had no right to say such things. None. He didn’t know anything. Just like that, I turned and struggled to head back to Jaejoong’s car. They followed, none saying a word.

            Jaejoong drove a sports car, but I didn’t even bother finding out what type of sports car. I sat in the right back seat, while the others loaded the luggage in the trunk. Jaejoong sat in the driver’s seat of course, and Ryo sat in front of me. Yamapi sat behind Jaejoong.

            “Look, Minami,” Ryo started as we drove off. “I didn’t mean it that way. I just worry about Jae too much. We’re not as close as we used to be, but the kind of work we do is stressful at some points and he needs to have as much support as he can get.”

            “Huh,” was all I said and looked out the window.

            “What happened to Minami?” Yamapi asked no one in particular.

            “Tell him,” I told Jaejoong, noticing how uncomfortable he looked. I’m so nice; I rolled my eyes and listened to the painful story being told to Yamapi.

            “Oh,” was all he said. Then someone tapped me on my shoulder, so I turned and looked at Yamapi. He had his eyes crossed and he stuck out his tongue. I just barely managed to understand his, “Smile for Yamapi.”

            I felt tickly inside, but I only frowned.

            I had no right to smile anymore.

=========================================

Okay, so I updated.

I'm sorry it's really short, but I'll put the next one up soon too.

It's kinda lame, I know. But please stick around for the rest of the story.

Remember, comment, subscribe, and share with friends!