Loss

Family Drama [HIATUS]

JEAJOONG’S P.O.V.

            “So, Jae, what do you think about Minami?” my mom asked as we went on our way. They were dropping me off at my dorm.

            “I guess she wasn’t as bad as I thought,” I couldn’t help but smile at the memory of her dancing and singing.

            “She’s a nice girl, and a good leader,” Dad grunted. “She would make a good wife.”

            “Honey…” Mom warned.

            “Mom?” I asked confused.

 *RING RING

            “Please keep it down while I take this call,” Dad set up his Bluetooth. “Hello? Yes, this is him.”

            “Mom,” I whispered.

            “Well, she’s your fia—” Mom started.

            “What!?” we both looked at Dad. “Yes, yes, I’ll be there right away.”

            He had never sounded so startled. My father quickly turned the car and headed away from my dorms. My mom and I exchanged a confused glance.

            “What’s wrong?” Mom finally asked.

            “Acc- accident,” he gripped the wheel tighter.

            “Accident? Who?” Mom began to sound worried.

            “Shouta,” he whispered, his knuckles turning white. “Shouta and his family… accident… crash… serious.”

            Minami’s smiling face appeared in my mind. I began to shake and worry. I don’t know why, but I couldn’t lose her. There was something about her that made me want to protect her, hold her. I didn’t understand any of it, but I prayed she was well, along with her family.

            We arrived at the hospital and we ran inside as fast as possible. My dad was the one who seemed to be shook up the most, and he wasn’t acting. He ran to the desk and asked for their names. The nurse pointed us to the emergency lobby, where another nurse told us the bad news.

            Mrs. Tsubiyama died on impact of the crash and both Mr. Tsubiyama and Minami were in surgery. My father was shaking violently but he pleaded the nurse to keep him updated on the other two’s condition. The nurse nodded and told him to take a seat along with the two of us.

            Half an hour later a nurse called my father. She looked grave and shook her head as she spoke to my father. My father crumpled to the floor and began to cry. I couldn’t move, shocked at my father’s reaction. Mr. Tsubiyama hadn’t made it through surgery. My mom explained to me while we waited that Mr. Tsubiyama and Father had been best friends since they were very little. They had always been really close, she said. Inseparable.

            It scared me to see my father this way. Unbelievable. My mother tried to comfort him, but I could only sit in my chair and watch.

            “Excuse me,” I looked at the nurse who spoke to me. “Will you let your father know, once he’s calmed down a little, that Tsubiyama, Minami is alive and currently in intensive care.” I simply nodded and she bowed and walked away.

            Mother finally managed to get Father to sit down in a chair and calm down a bit. I stood up, meaning to go up to him and tell him about Minami, but I couldn’t. I just stood there, rooted to the spot, thinking about Minami. Who would tell her about what happened? He didn’t like the idea of never seeing her smile again. They had acted like to keep guys from hitting on her so she could enjoy the park. It had felt natural.

            He looked at his left hand, the one that had held hers only a few hours earlier. She was alive, but would she survive? Have the will to live on after the loss after her parents? They seemed like they were a close and happy family. Did she have other family? He figured most were in Japan. Now she was an orphan, and he didn’t know if she would have anyone to look after her.

            “Jae, are you okay hun?” I looked up at my mom.

            “Y-yeah,” I dropped my hand. “How’s Dad?”

            “He’s in shock,” she sighed. “We haven’t heard about Minami’s condition yet.”

            “Oh, um, about that,” I looked at my father. “She’s in intensive care. She’s alive.”

            “Poor girl,” she began walking towards Dad again. “Now she’s your responsibility as your fiancé.”

            “My what?” I exclaimed.

            “We thought we wouldn’t say anything until the two of you had met,” she frowned. “She doesn’t really have any family to care for her, so you, as her fiancé, will have to take care of her even sooner. Before you get married that is.”

            “Mom…” she turned again and sat Dad. My fiancé? You got to be kidding me!

            She was too young to get married, as am I. oh, and I’m famous, so my fans will go crazy! I can’t have an arranged marriage! Besides, she wouldn’t want to think about things like that after what just happened. She wouldn’t want to go through with it. Right? He couldn’t tell what she was thinking; after all, they had just met.

            “Excuse me,” I walked up to the nurse working at the desk. “Is it possible to see Tsubiyama, Minami?”

            “Please wait a moment,” she typed in her computer.

            “Thank you,” I was a little scared to see her, but I wanted to confirm for myself that she was alive. I need the proof.

            “Are you family?” the nurse asked.

            “Does it matter?” I asked rather crossly.

            “Only family is allowed to see her at the moment,” she calmly said.

            “I…” I sighed. Maybe if I told them… “I’m her fiancé.”

            “Oh,” she looked at me in surprise. “My, you two are young.”

            “It’s arranged, but I still very much care for her,” it was true.

            “Of course,” she smiled. “I’ll call a nurse to go with you.”

            “Thank you,” I bowed my head politely.

===================================================

MINAMI’S P.O.V.

            *BEEP… BEEP… BEEP

            I listened as the same, constant beep sounded in my head. I felt confused and my body felt numb. I heard voices nearby, speaking quietly. The need to know what was happening grew, but to open my eyes scared me.

            I’d had a good dream, up until the end. We had been headed home from the amusement park, but a car crashed into us. There had been so much blood, it seemed so real. Too real. I’d called my mom’s name over and over, but she never replied. My father only grunted in response when I called his name. I tried moving towards them, tried taking my seatbelt off. I couldn’t move, my body, it felt broken. The pain was unbearable.

            “How will you tell her?” a young man’s voice asked.

            “Probably when she comes too,” a girl replied. “The doctor says we’ll know when she wakes up. It depends on her state of mind for when she wakes up.”

            “Who…?” the man asked.

            “Who will tell her,” the girl clicked her tongue. “The doctor, but probably best someone she knows. It may make things easier.”

            “I see,” he sounded sad.

            “Well, if you need anything, just give a ring,” I head a door open and close.

            I opened my eyes slowly, my vision a little blurry. A figure sat near my bed, and he watched me carefully. At least, I guessed it was the man. When he noticed me waking up, he tried to smile at me, but his eyes seemed sad. Jae.

            The machine near the bed was what was responsible for the beeping. The room was white. Hospital, I realized. It hadn’t been a dream. I didn’t dare cry, not with him watching me.

            “Mi… Minami?” Jae looked scared.

            “Jae…” I managed. “It wasn’t a dream. Oh my gosh. Mom? Dad? Are they okay?”

            “I would concern myself more with yourself right now,” he gestured at me.

            I looked as well as I could. I couldn’t really move. I gasped in horror at the sight of me. My right arm was in a cast, and both my legs were in casts. I was sure I had more bandages.

            “How bad?” I tried asking jokingly.

            “Right arm broken. It was a clean break, but you also have to two broken fingers. Both your legs were broken, but your left ankle turned out sprained. Two broken ribs and a minor concussion,” he sighed. “Major loss of blood and lots of internal bleeding, but the managed to stop it. You just barely made it.”

            “So not that bad, huh?” I tried joking again.

            “I- I guess,” he winced.

            “Well, what about Mom and Dad?” his features clouded. No.

            “I’m sorry,” he hung his head. “Your mom died on impact and your dad didn’t make it through surgery.”

            “Gone,” I couldn’t cry. “They’re gone.”

============================================================

  

I'm really sorry. I started this out so sad I feel.

I hope you don't hate me for taking Minami's parents from her.

I wish I could say things will get better, but not for a bit?

Please, read, comment, subscribe.

I wont put up the next chapter up otherwise.

I even made Jaejoong, cry!

90 degree bow. I'm sorry!