Chapter 4

The Heirs

                                                     

“Yuri-ah, are you ok? Is there something bothering you?” Sunny glanced at her after she had finished washing the last set of dishes.

“Um, no. I am perfectly fine,” Although she hasn’t yet faced any difficulties in her new school,  Yuri knew for sure that at some point in the future the students would find out about her true family background, and she would inevitably face rejection.

She was feeling anxious, uneasy, guilty, but certainly not fine.

“You sure?” Sunny raised her eyebrows and looked at her skeptically at first, but then she just sighed heavily,” You can keep it all to yourself, I won’t stress you out. Be sure to not neglect your job, though.”

“Thanks,” She smiled while locking her gaze on the blue marble tiles; how lucky she was to have such and understanding coworker.

“Now go and serve the clients with the brightest smile possible, fighting!”

Yuri exited the kitchen more confident than she’s ever been in her life, but came back 10 seconds later, with her eyes fully opened, looking like a lost puppy.

“ Can you please greet the customers for me? Just this one single tiny time!” Yuri clenched her to palms together and kneeled in front of Sunny.

The reason why she couldn’t do it was very simple; a girl from high school was right there, waiting to be served, and Yuri just didn’t feel courageous enough to reveal her true identity.


 

“Hello, miss, here’s the menu. When you make up your mind, just raise your hand and I will come right after, ok?” Sunny bowed and handed her the menu.

“Sure, but you might have to wait a little bit more. My friend is kind of late. Is it ok for you?” She smiled sweetly to her.

“I’m here!” A guy roared loudly after literally having kicked the front door,

“I’m sorry I’m late,” he was panting heavily.

“Lulu!” She widened her eyes and signaled him to hush.

Upon realizing how ‘mannerless’ he had been, and after ending up becoming the center of attention of the whole classy restaurant, Luhan bowed apologetically,

“Sorry, sorry, miahne, miahne,”

“Sit, Lulu, bad boy!” She gestured him to sit on the opposite chair.

“Oh, how cute you two are; do you want me to bring you the special ‘couple menu’?” Sunny grinned.

“NO!” Luhan snapped and flailed his arms violently, but then calmed down,

“We are not a couple, just Friends,” he emphasized the word ‘friends’.

Sunny left them and headed towards the kitchen while whispering ‘ weirdo…’

“So why did you want to meet me?” Yoona started, and looked at him curiously.

“Why did YOU want to see me?” He smiled, showing his pearly whites.

“Well, I just wanted to know why you were absent today at school.”

“Oh, nothing special, just forgot to…. Umm, to set my alarm clock yesterday. And you know, as always, my parents slash maids slash dog didn’t bother to wake me up,” he scratched the back of his neck, and pouted.

Yoona like him; she liked Luhan very much, yet all throughout these years, she just had to face the harsh reality that he didn’t feel the same way for her, that everything between them was just mere friendliness. His heart had never really been moved by any girl, and Yoona was just one of the countless girls that attempted, but failed miserably to do so.

“There are new students too; two new, hot guys,” she really wanted to make him feel just a tiny bit jealous.

“And I am sooo interested in hot new guys,” he replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes in the process,

“There is a new girl as well, if you are interested in that,” she played with her finger nails, “but that’s less likely.”

“You are right, you know me too well,” he sighed and leaned back on his chair.

“Yuri seems like a nice girl, she’s not y like the other girls,” After hearing her name, Luhan almost fell from his chair, but in the end managed to place his elbows on the table,

“Describe her,” Luhan demanded impatiently, Yoona was a bit taken aback but, nonetheless, she obeyed him,

“Umm, quite tall, long, raven black hair, plump lips, and if I remember well, she was kind of tanned,” Luhan didn’t exclude the possibility that she may indeed be the girl who was stuck in his mind for the last couple of days,

“Why are you grinning like that?”

Luhan immediately snapped out of his thoughts and looked innocently at Yoona, ‘don’t make it obvious, don’t!’ he searched through his narrow mind for a good justification of his behavior, and blurted,

“You just looked very cute trying to remember trivial stuff.”

Yoona blushed and made imaginary circles on the table,” Really?”

“So tell me once again, how hot were the two, new hot guys, hotter than me?” Luhan said out of nowhere, “No, impossible!” he replied to his own question while shaking his head.


 

 

Next day, in the morning, Yuri felt rather anxious to go to school, but, nonetheless, decided to attend it, ‘ I don’t care what they think’, she convinced herself.

“Yuri, honey, I didn’t have time to prepare the breakfast for you,” her mother sounded weak, like she’d been crying the whole night.

“Omma, are you ok?” Yuri went closer to her mom and looked directly in her eyes; they were puffy and red.

“It’s about dad isn’t it?” her mother slightly nodded her head, and tears soon formed around her eyes,

“I-Is it… really that bad?” Yuri furrowed her eyebrows and looked down.

“No, no- he is actually doing better, but…”

“But we don’t have enough money for treatment, right?” she interrupted.

“Yuri-ah, I can manage by myself, you have to take care of your studies; don’t stress yourself too much over this problem.”

“But he’s my father, how can I not?” she whispered.


 

After such a difficult and emotional morning, Yuri had to face yet another obstacle; going unnoticed in this freaking school. But even If anyone were to ask about her family background, Yuri would just tell them what she actually was; a mere welfare student.

‘I couldn’t care less right now, anyway’

She was heading towards her class when she hear a bang coming from the hallway; and it seemed like she wasn’t the only one since masses of students were now running to where that sound was coming from. Yuri, out of curiosity, followed them too, but instead of running, she decided to just walk casually.

“What have I told you, my little friend? This school is no place for filthy mugs like you.” Kris pushed Beakhyun’s head with one hand, and threw all of his belongings on the floor with the other.

“Pl-please, don’t hurt me. I have to graduate, pl-please,” Baekhyun pleaded.

“Oh, but what can I do? I don’t think I can let you do that?” He got closer to him, and displayed his trademark smirk.

“Please,” he begged.

“Should we leave him alone, guys? Look how sweetly he begs,” Kris turned to Sehun and Tao, his mates.

“Yes, you should!” Yuri raised her hand instead, and took a big leap forward, but then she took a little step backwards after realizing how close she has gotten to him.

“What you’re doing is inhumane, and I can’t believe you guys are saying nothing!” She turned to the whole bunch of students who looked frightened and- worried about her?

“Oh, you’re right, we should leave Baekhyun alone…” Kris laughed and then the other two followed him, and laughed as well. He then approached her,

“I think we’ve found a new target.” He looked intently at her and signaled the boys to come closer.

Yuri widened her eyes as she deciphered what he had meant. She was really thinking of just walking away, but her thoughts were interrupted when she had felt someone grab her hand,

“No, I don’t think so,” a soothing male voice replied to Kris and met Yuri’s gaze,

”Don’t mess up with her, I warn you.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all I would like to thank my subscribers, commenters, and upvoters!

Without you, I would probably feel less guilty for not uploading.

This chapter didn't contain so many interactions, but the next one will be full of Yulhan/Krisyul moments.

Anyway, sorry if this story is lacking, I am a verryy unexperienced writer. I will try to improve in the upcoming chapters.

Oh yeah I forgot.

#TeamLuhan is way ahead of #TeamKris