Chapter 1

The Heirs

                                                       

 

It was the day before Christmas; and while everyone was busy preparing for the grand celebration, Yuri decided to just sleep all day. She thought that Christmas  was nothing more than a present-giving day, a day that had lost its true meaning over time.

“Wake up, you lazy bum!” Her mother removed the blanket which was covering her, “ do you really not know what day it is tomorrow?”

“Offf, mom, I don’t care.  I want to sleep.” Yuri snatched the blanket from her mother and placed it between her legs, holding on to it.

“This girl… You will go outside now!” And with that , her mom started dragging her from her tiny bedroom to the front door.

“Aish, I don’t want, I said I don’t want.”

“Do you think that now, after you’ve got a scholarship to a nice high school, you can hibernate for the rest of your life?” Her mother said, obviously angry.

“Here is some money and your cell phone.” She opened the door and pushed her outside,” bye! have fun!” She smiled, and closed the door after making sure she was outside.

“Heyyyy! It’s freezinggg!! Open the door!” Yuri knocked the door frantically. The door suddenly opened as if obeying her words, but before Yuri could enter, a coat was thrown on the top of her head, and , well, the door slammed shut.

“Arghh..” She had no choice but to do as her mother said.

“Anyway, what’s so special about Christmas? It won’t be the same without dad anyway…” She muttered under her breath.

“Where should I go? Park? Nahh, too cold. Mall? Let’s try that.”

“Aish, why the heck am I talking to myself, have I gone crazy?” She face palmed herself.


 

8:30 PM At Mall:

“Oppa, oppa, please accept this present from this humble girl!” A girl was pulling his sleeve while handing him a present.

“No, oppa , please take my gift, you’ll surely like it !” Another girl squealed by his side and started pulling his other sleeve.

“Oppa, leave them! I bought a really expensive gift for you and only for you.” A third girl said while playing with his collar.

“Argh” He said softly so the three girls couldn’t hear, and pushed them a little.

“Sorry girls, but oppa is a little bit busy, maybe next time?” He  faked a smile and walked fast away- as much as possible- from them.

He dialed a number and waited for the girl to answer.

“Luhannie?” a female answered with a calm, soothing voice.

“Yoona, I’m getting sick of these mad girls. Really, really sick.” He replied with an irritated voice.

“Hehehe, they’re driving you crazy with their insistency?”

“There really isn’t anything to laugh about. I got 24 presents from random strangers just today.”

“Ohh, someone is really popular with girls.”

“8 of these present were from guys!”

“…”

“Anyway, you know what? If another random girl comes to me with a present and with a whiny voice, I will change from angel Luhan, and reveal the beast Luhan.” He said while laughing; still, he really meant it.

“Haha. Well it was fun talking to you, but I really have to go. See you tomorrow?”

“See you tomorrow, baby Yoong.” Luhan hung up the phone.


 

8:45 PM At Mall:

Yuri, who carelessly gulped down 1 litre of grape juice earlier, now desperately needed the loo. Even after half an hour of searching, she just couldn’t spot that damn WC.

“Where on earth do they keep their toilets? This damn ma-“  She was this close to peeing on herself; what a total disgrace would that be.

She limped towards a kind looking ahjumma and patted her shoulder with a hand while holding her belly with the other.

“Can you please tell me where can I find the toilet?” She asked her.

“Oh my! I am so sorry but I don’t. “ She apologized and unintentionally began sipping from a bottle of water.

“I-It’s ok.” She bowed light and limped towards another person and patted his shoulder. When he turned around, Yuri said – with a perhaps too high pitched and desperate voice- :

“Excuse me – “ The young man looked at the present she was holding, a present that she had bought earlier for her friend, Sooyoung, and interrupted her.

“I don’t even want to hear it! You know what? I just hate girls like you , that just stalk me around and come with that whiny voice. You girls have no pride at all?!” He shouted and pointed his finger at Yuri.

“I actu-“ She got interrupted again.

“Oh, please, I don’t care if you spent 5 hours choosing that gift for me or if your present is the most expensive thing I’ve seen. You don’t know me, I don’t know you, there is no need for you to be so obsessive towards me. I would never, ever date a girl like you. So take your other clingy friends with you and go disturb other guys. Give me some space!!”

Yuri was in a state of shock with agape. She was about to say say something but he started again.

“Have I hurt your feelings? Oh my, I’m so sorry!” He said sarcastically while pretending to wipe his tears.  Enough; this infuriated Yuri so badly that she grabbed his collar.

“ YOU CRAZY BASTARD!! I. JUST. NEED.THE.TOILET!!” She shut her eyes, needing the toilet more than ever.

“Oh,” Luhan swallowed heavily, and with a shaky hand he pointed towards the right corner, ”over there.”

“Aish!” She stepped hard on his foot and ran towards the bathroom.

“Ow!”


 

9:15 PM At Mall:

Yuri had just exited the bathroom, feeling all relieved, and came face to face with the same weirdo. Wanting to avoid him, she took the opposite direction and walked fast in that way; unluckily, Luhan caught up with her and stopped her from walking.

‘I’m very very very very sorry, I’m actually not this kind of guy .” He looked Yuri in her eyes, smiling apologetically. Yuri started walking again.

“I don’t care what kind of guy you are.”

“I am actually very nice in reality. Ahjummas often tell me that I’m a cute kid.” Yuri stopped walking and turned to face him.

“I. Don’t. Really. Give. A. Fu*%.” And with that she started walking again.

“Wait, at least I should treat with an ice cream?” Luhan ran to catch up with her again.

“It’s winter!”

“A grape juice?” He asked again, and Yuri felt like vomiting.

“I forgive you, ok? No need for that. Bye.” For the nth time, Yuri started walking again and Luhan caught up with her.

“But I really feel bad for what I did, what about-“ Yuri interrupted him.

“What about you just leave me alone, sounds great to me.” She reached an elevator and decided to take it. Before she close the door, however, Luhan joined her and pressed the button.

“This is not the right elevator anyway.” He mumbled.

“What do you mean?” Yuri asked.

“This is the workers’ elevator.”He was about to tell her that it’s ok to ride it when the elevator suddenly stopped working and the lights turned off.

“what is this?!” Yuri, obviously scared, said with a trembled voice.

“Wait a second, there should be a button somewhere here.” He searched for the button but it didn’t make a sound when he pushed it.

“Wait, I still have my phone.” Luhan grabbed his mobile phone from his pocket and dialed his father’s number.

“Dad, I am blocked in an elevator at the mall!” He waited for a reply.

“What do you mean, wait for it to start working?!” He shouted at his father with indignation.

“Don’t hang u-“ He shut his eyes, cursing under his breath.

“Aish, I should have stayed under my blanket!” Yuri started fidgeting.

“It’s your fault for entering this elevator.” Luhan said.

“My fault? It you’re fault for following me!”

“Wait, there is still hope.” He dialed a number , full of hope.

“Kris hyung, I have something important to tell you.”

“I’m blocked in this elevator..” A ‘HAHA’ could be heard from the other line , immediately followed by a beep.

“Oh, well…” Luhan scratched his head and looked at the angry Yuri.

“Wow, now I see from where you inherited your manners.” She chuckled a bit, and Luhan smiled a little when he heard her chuckling, ‘ she is kind of cute’, he thought.

“ I’m actually different than them.”

“ But still, why’d you call you dad and brother.” She was kind of confused as to why  he called his father.

“ Well, my father owns half of this mall, and my hyung owns the other have.” He confessed

“What?! Mall as in this whole mall?”

“ Yes, mall as in this mall.”

“Elevators not working, toilets at kilometers away from you… Your future doesn’t sound too good…” Luhan chuckled upon hearing her.

“What’s your name anyway?” Luhan asked her.

“None of your business.”

“And why are wearing pijamas?” He asked again, full of curiosity.

“Aish, none of your business, NONE OF BUSINESS!” She was getting agitated from the claustrophobic atmosphere of the lift.

“Ok, ok, but why do you wear slippers at mall?” He spotted her glaring at him in the dark, so he whispered ,’Miahne ’.

After some time, when they were both sitting down in the elevator, Luhan looked at his watch.

“Hey, hey.” He was calling Yuri.

“hmm…” She sounded sleepy.

“Merry  Christmas!” After he said that, she pushed him with her leg.

“Ow, that hurt.” He said

“Fine, Merry Christmas , if that makes you feel better.” That made Luhan smile.

                                          

 

Merry Xmas everyone! I'm extremely sorry for not updating. From now on I'll update 1 or 2 times per week.

Firstly, I would like to clarify some things.

1. Yuri hasn't gone to her new school yet. That will happen after the holidays.

2. Luhan isn't necessarily the male main character. Next chapter will include Kris, who will have the chapter by himself.

3. All the posters in this story are made by me ^^ 

Happy holidays everyone and wait for the next update, it wont take too long.