Chapter 2

The Heirs

                                                   

“Yuri, wake up!” Her mother shouted from the living room where she was busy ironing some shirts.

“Wake up, sweetie!” Yuri’s mother said again since there were no sounds confirming that her daughter has awoken. Seeing that she didn’t achieve anything by being gentle, Mrs. Kwon barged into her room and began screaming hysterically.

“WAKE UP YOU LITTLE BUM! You’ll be late for your part time job!” This made Yuri fall from her bed, fully awoken.

“Y-yes, yes, understood.” She slowly nodded her head while massaging her right arm.

“Are you okay?” This time, her mom has adopted her usual gentle way of speaking, “wash yourself and come to the kitchen to eat something, hmm?” She patted Yuri’s shoulder and left the room.

‘Her mood swings are sooo unpredictable…’        

After eating and dressing up, Yuri was now heading towards a restaurant where she had to assume her role as a waitress… a mere waitress. She was now at the front door of the apartment they just moved into. Why did they have to move? Simple; because they found themselves unable to pay the monthly rent of their previous house, because the monthly hospital bills they had to pay for their father were getting higher and higher…

Since the apartment was situated at the 10th floor of the building, Yuri would have to take the elevator to reach the ground floor faster, but after she recalled the incident at the mall where she was stuck with that guy for 5 hours in a lift, she decided to just go down the stairs.


 “You finally arrived. Here is your outfit; here is the guide, the menu…Ah! And don’t forget, smileee to each and every client, always be polite, don’t be rude no matt-“ Before her employer and her best friend’s brother, Siwon could finish giving her instructions, Yuri interrupted.

“When was I ever rude?!”

“He…he..” Siwon massaged the temples of his head and pointed towards her ,”Just.. just don’t show this kind of behavior.”

“ Fine! Give me that outfit. I’ll go change myself.” She snatched the the things from his hand and went to the changing room.


After hours of work, Yuri finally took a break and sat next to her coworker.

“Aish, my facial muscles hurt so much from too much smiling.” She touched her face.

“Hey listen here, I heard that a really wealthy family will dine here… And I heard that the son is the most beautiful thing on this planet.” Sunny, her coworker, gestured with her hands, and her eyes sparkled.

“Wow, your really sound like a professional stalker. Hey wait, that means the tips will be high; I will be serving them , understood?!” She pointed her fingers towards Sunny and laughed at the same time.

“What? No wayyy..”


It was almost 9 o’clock and the restaurant emptied because it was reserved by this rich family. After a few more minutes, two bodyguards came to inspect the place and then finally the polished-looking visitors set foot in the restaurant. There were two middle aged women along with two men in their fifties and a young man and woman. Sunny quickly greeted the guests because Yuri was summoned in the kitchen.

“Welcome! Here are your menus and please summon me if you have decided what to order.” Sunny smiled brightly and checked out the handsome guy that looked displeased.

“Doesn’t this place have better looking waitresses?” He stood up ,”I will be wandering here and there, this is so suffocating.” He took a look at the waitress’ shocked face and smirked; then he disappeared almost immediately.

“Excuse him please, he is just in a bad mood.” His mother , in a lady-like voice, said.  Poor Sunny could only nod slowly.


Yuri had just finished her task and squinted her eyes when she saw that the guests have arrived, ‘They certainly look rich… BUT WAIT?! Sunny is already their waitress, damn…’ Since the restaurant would close after the guests leave, and since there were no more clients, Yuri decided to go home; so she went to the workers’ room to change her clothes. She went inside, and almost jumped out of surprise when she saw a male figure wandering around.

“Are you a worker?” Yuri went straight to the point. The guy let out a brief laugh.

“Do I look like one?”  He sure didn’t look like one, dressed in those expensive looking clothes; but, nonetheless, Yuri said.

“Then what the hell are you doing here? Get out.”

“Excuse…  me?” He said it with a bad boy attitude.

 “You,” she pointed towards him, “Out.” Her thumb was now towards the door. But then, she suddenly remembered Siwon’s words ‘ be polite, be polite.’

“Erase that! I will ask you nicely. Excuse me sir, but clients are not allowed here, so-“ She was interrupted.

“Wait.. Are you making fun of me? Do you even know who I am?” He got closer to her.

“No, no , no ,no !” She was flailing her hands wildly,” still… you have to leave this room. You can go to the bathroom but not the restaurant because it is reserved at the moment by…” she looked at him and his expensive clothing and she remembered Sunny blabbering about some guy…  Oh no..

“Heheh , did you order yet, sir?” She grinned and gulped while bowing at the same time. Surely they aren’t going to come back to this restaurant, Siwon will kill me, she thought.

(Highly recommended for the best effect possible :)  )

Kris looked at her for a second, menacingly, shocked by what’s just happened. Did this girl order him to get out? Did a petty waitress really boss Kris Wu around?

As he got closer to her, she stepped backwards, afraid and frightened of what this stranger might do.  Because of the lack of space in the room, Yuri couldn’t go any backwards and ended up clashing with a cupboard, causing its numerous trivial objects to fall on her and on the floor.

"Ah!" She let out a little shout after the impact.

Kris continued to get even closer to her, smirking, and whispered in her ear.

“You better not show your face to me again, or you will regret it. I assure you.” Yuri flinched the moment Kris whispered in her year.

“I-I am not scared of you.” She whispered back. In full honesty, she was scared; she was very scared, but, nonetheless, she couldn’t show him that.

“You aren’t scared, huh?” He faked a laugh, “you don’t know the things I can do to you, so don’t provoke me.” His phone suddenly rang and Kris growled.

“I will let it slip,” He pushed her against the cupboard and her head hit the wood pretty badly ,”but just this one time.” And with, he left.

Ow, it hurts! Yuri thought while rubbing the back of the head where she got hit.




Minutes after the incident occurred, Sunny kicked the door open and with an irritated voice said.

“That arrogant son of a and his bimbo, ughh!”

She then spotted Yuri lying on the floor looking miserable with a pile of objects surrounding her.

“Huh, Yuri, weren’t you going home?” Yuri looked at Sunny for a second and coughed.

“Yeah, r-right. ” She stood and grabbed her bag from a chair,” Can you do me a big big big favour,please. Can you clean this just this one time. I’ll repay you later.” She sounded hurt, not like the Yuri she had seen 1 hour ago.

“Sure. Mind explaining me what happened?”

“Later, I really have to leave now.” She slowly opened the door and went outside quietly.

She was now walking home and her mind was only focused on what has happened just a while ago. Her head still hurt, and she was hurt too, emotionally. Nobody has ever talked to her like that, has threatened her.

But there was another problem. Would that stranger complain about her to Siwon, her boss. If yes, then her job position was jeopardized, and she really needed the money.

Since her mind was no at all focusing on what was happening around her, Yuri crossed the street without even looking at the stoplight.

Suddenly a sound of a loud horn inundated her ears, and she abruptly turned her head to her left just to be blinded by powerful lights hitting her directly in the face. To her unimaginable luck, she avoided a possible fatal accident .

Someone had grabbed her arm and pulled her on the sidewalk, and when Yuri turned towards her savior, she gasped.

It was him.

-------------

***

Author's note: Who is 'him' ? 

                       In the next chapter, Yuri will finally go to her new high school. Excited!

                       Also I want to thank all the subscribers, upvoters, and of course commenters that have encouraged me and continue to encourage me to update this story. Thanks guy ! You are the best! I will make sure to leave a special thanks' message for all of you in the upcoming chapters.

 

Now, most importantly....

On which team are you?

#TeamKris          or       #TeamLuhan

*Be sure to add this to your comment because these tags will decide the final pairing!