Chapter 5: back to school and work

(Not continued) transformation
"Ring! Ring!" His alarm clock rung. "Aish!" He slammed the stop button and checked the time. It was still quite early, only 6.30am since he had to reach school at 7.45am to meet his friends. He was also going to drive everyday to school now, so the time traveling there would be shorter. He wore his clothes and accessories and brought his bag down. he then placed the bag on the sofa. He whipped himself some waffles with blueberry sauce and scrambled eggs and watched a few YouTube videos on his new white iPhone 5S. Yes, the new iPhone 5S that he got when he was shopping around a handphone shop and he also got the new sky blue iPod touch for a better music experience. When he thought that it was time to go, he put his dishes in the dishwasher, walked to the bathroom to wear his contact lens, carried his bag and put on his shoes. He locked his door and breathed in the fresh air. He picked up his car and drove to school. While he was driving to school, he put on his headphones while the cold breeze blew towards him. He put his arm out and felt the wind go by. As the sun was coming out, YoungJae pulled out his shades from his bag and put it on. After ten minutes of driving, Seoul Music School finally came into view. 
 
YoungJae's POV
 
"Beep! Beep!" I pressed the horn. They looked up and shouted, "Hyung, annyeong!" People near us saw me and I saw their eyes became confused. I saw the JunHoon couple intertwined fingers and smiled. 'They sure are a cute couple.' "Annyeong Junhonggie and Illhoonie~ I will be parking my car now~" "Oh! Where are you going to park it at?" Junhong asked. " I got a parking slot in the school's parking area. I asked them a few days ago. Okay got to go! Meet me at my locker okay? Cute couple?" They blushed. "Okay.." And they walked off. I parked my car at the parking slot and slung my bag over my shoulders. I took off my shades and walked slowly towards the hallway in a cool posture. When he was walking halfway, he saw his form teacher. He asked his form teacher for his new schedule and continued to walk towards the corridor. 
 
Wherever I walked, people would turn their heads towards me. I wondered what they were thinking at that moment... I caught sight of Junhong and Illhoon and waved at them. They waved in return. "I got a job at my Dad's company by the way." I smiled. "Oh! I'm so proud of you! What position are you at?" Junhong asked. "I'm working as a fashion designer and I can go to the company any time I like. I'm also starting work today." I said. "Cool!" Illhoon said, sounding very amused apparently. I packed some unused books in the locker and headed to the classroom. But.. Before I could even take another step, I was held by a strong arm. His gang cornered me but I knew I could defend myself and I wanted to play with them for a little while. "Well well, what have we got here?" Yongguk snarled. I scoffed. "I really should be heading for my Maths class soon." I said calmly with a smile, only to receive a growl from him. "Let me tell you something. You do not talk back to me unless you want your kicked or your head in the toilet bowl." I shrugged. I could feel everyone's pitiful eyes on me but I knew I could fight him. I'm not the pathetic little one anymore. Even Junhong and Illhoon stayed aside and watched the show go on. "Oh really? You are not my Mom so why should I even listen?" I smirked knowing he was in my little plan. "Oh, after the summer holidays you became feisty huh? Me and my gang should teach you a lesson." He launched his punch on me, but I defended it by reaching to grab his arms. He was shocked, I knew, but he didn't show it on his face. I glanced around and saw surprised faces except my two best friends that were smirking in the corner, even his gang members were shocked. "Oh, should I tell you that if you want to embarrass yourself here I wouldn't mind? If you haven't noticed, I am not a pathetic little anymore. I have changed. If you really want to fight, I certainly hope you don't regret." I smirked again while letting go of his arm. "Okay kid. I'll let you off this time but I swear I will beat you into pulp the next time i see you." They walked away and I knew I won the battle. I approached my friends and high-fived them. "Nice one!" Illhoon winked. 'I'm really starting to like this kid.' I felt everyone's eyes burning into my back but I didn't do anything. I just walked away with Junhong to our Maths class and separated with Illhoon as he had different schedules. 
 
When we reached class, everyone turned their gazes on me. I shrugged and slowly walked to my desk. I could hear faint whispers. "Did you saw what happened just now?" "Omo! He became so handsome!" "I would totally go gay for him." A guy said and almost the whole class burst out laughing. I said,"Why not? I'm biual anyway. Haha." I winked to the guy and he immediately blushed and looked down on the floor. 'Cute.' When the bell rang, everyone went back to their own seats just as the teacher came strutting into class. We greeted her and sat down. Her eyes caught mine and I know that she knew that I was a totally different person now. Her eyes almost immediately flashed back to her textbook and began to start the lesson. As always, I began writing notes on my Maths notebook. Finally when the bell rang, Junhong and I went to the canteen to meet up with Illhoon. We met up with him and queued for food. I could feel stares burning through me making holes on my back. But since I was sure it was the gang, I didn't even bother to look back and simply got my lunch and went to our usual seat except this time there was a new friend, Illhoon to accompany us. Even though I still liked YongGuk, I didn't like his attitude towards me at all so I decided to toss the feelings to the back of my heart and cleared my mind. When I glanced up, I saw Junhong and Illhoon feeding each other which was so god damn cute. "So cute~ you guys are feeding each other~" I cooed. They looked at each other and blushed. "Oh stop blushing you two." I said while laughing. They both soon joined in and we were in our little world laughing like no one was near us. "Oh stop laughing will you? My eardrums are going to split." Himchan, the 'best' multi-instrumentalist said. Apparently we didn't even notice him just now as we were absorbed in our own little world. "Oh okay. But according to what I have been learning for the past few months in Science, I don't recall anything about eardrums bursting due to too much laughing noises. It didn't really have a high frequency to split your eardrums." I explained. He looked surprised that I actually spoke to him. "Stop it Einstein. I know your smart but that doesn't mean that you can talk back to your elder." "Since when were you an elder to me? I was born on January. So I'm pretty much the same age as you." I grinned. "Oh," he seemed surprised for a while and went back to the old Kim Himchan that I know "I knew that. I was just testing you. By the way, don't talk like this to me. You will get beaten to pulp like YongGuk said~" 'Like I was actually afraid.' "Oh I'm so scared~" I said sarcastically and went back to eating my lunch. He took off, remembering to step my feet before walking away. 'Childish as always.' I thought.
 
No one's POV
 
After lunch, they went back to their classes. YoungJae and Junhong had science so they carried their bags to the lab. During Science, they had to do an experiment on chemicals. They had to partner themselves up and as always, Junhong and YoungJae would be a pair. Since YoungJae and Junhong always have good grades, they scored the best in class for the experiment. After that class, it was  their vocal and rap lessons so Junhong and YoungJae separated and went to their respective air-conditioned classrooms. 
 
When he arrived, he saw a lot of new faces since it was sort of a combined class for everyone including freshman, sophomores and so on since the school only had lesser students than normal schools. It was his first time having a public class so he was sort of nervous. When the teacher came in, she smiled at him and asked him to introduce himself. "Hey everyone! My name is Yoo Young Jae. I'm 17 years old but is currently in my second year in this school. I was not in this class was because I had private lessons instead. Nice to meet you all!" He eye-smiled and the whole class clapped for him. "YoungJae-shi, you can sit beside Daehyun over there." The teacher said. YoungJae slowly strolled to the desk and sat down next to Daehyun. 
Extra info: Daehyun is one of the members in Yongguk's gang. 
 
YoungJae's POV 
(Sorry if I keep switching ><) 
 
"Okay. So today you guys would be singing solo. Choose a song that you can manage to sing, practice it and perform it in front later." The teacher said. In my head, I began to scan through which song I should sing but someone interrupted me. "Didn't know that you were in vocal lessons, geek." Daehyun said. I slowly turned to him while batting my eyelashes like a girl. "Were you talking to me? Oh and if you want to know, I am in the instruments lesson too. Himchan is probably in that class too. If you don't mind I should practice outside in case someone disturbs me again." I asked the teacher if I could practice the song outside and she allowed. I decided to sing 'Strong Enough' by Stacie Orrico since it is one of my favorite songs. I start to warm up my voice, "Is he not strong enough, is he not brave enough, to break me pour me out and start again..." Little did I know that someone heard me...
 
YongGuk's POV 
 
It was my rapping lesson now. I had excused myself from the class to go to the bathroom for my business. While walking to the bathroom, I faintly heard a sweet voice, singing. I don't know who it was but I was attracted to it. I followed the voice to Daehyun's classroom but I know that it was not Daehyun's voice because his voice was too overpowering and he would not sing those R&B songs. When I was nearly there, the singing stopped. I thought I was going to get caught, so I walked briskly to the bathroom. 'Who was that? He sounded so sweet to my ears... He's voice is perfect! I wonder what his face looks like...' I headed back to the classroom after having my little business and thoughts. Little did I know that it was YoungJae, the ex-geek. 
 
No POV 
 
YoungJae glanced at his watch and it was almost time for the solo. He walked back to the classroom and say on his seat. "What are you going to sing?" An unfamiliar guy asked him. "Strong Enough, by Stacie Orrico... You?" He said. "Bruno Mars', Count on Me.. My name is JongUp by the way. I'm the same age as you." The guy by the name of JongUp said while smiling like an angel and bringing his hand forward for Youngjae to shake. "I'm YoungJae. You should know it by the introductions just now. Nice to meet you, JongUp. You're cute you know? Didn't know there were so many cute guys in this school.. " He smiled back while taking his hands and shaking it. JongUp blushed and smiled to himself. 
 
"The first solo... YoungJae-shi, since this is the first time you have been attending this public class. Why don't you show the class what you are capable of?" The teacher said. "Okay! Sure!" He walked to the front and breathed in and out deeply. Slowly, he began to sing... 
 
As I rest against this cold, hard wall
Will you pass me by?
Will you criticize me as I sit and cry?
I had fought so hard and thought that all my battles had been won
Only to find the war has just begun
 
Is He not strong enough?
Is He not pure enough?
To break me, pour me out, and start again
Is He not brave enough?
To take one chance on me
Please can I have one chance to start again?
 
Will my weakness for an hour make me suffer for a lifetime?
Is there anyway to be made whole again?
If I'm healed,renewed, and find forgiveness find the strength I've never had
Will my scars forever ruin all God's plan?
 
Is He not strong enough?
Is He not pure enough?
To break me, pour me out, and start again
Is He not brave enough?
To take one chance on me
Please can I have one chance to start again?
 
He took my life into his hands and it turned it all around
In my most desperate circumstance
It's there I've finally found
 
That You are strong enough
That You are pure enough
To break me, pour me out and start again
That You are brave enough
To take one chance on me
Oh Thank You for my chance to start again
 
After the song, everyone was stunned by YoungJae's ability to sing. After the class regain themselves, they clapped thunderous applause around the room, except for one, Daehyun. "Woah YoungJae, you are really good!" JongUp said when YoungJae went back to his seat. "Why thank you JongUp." He smiled to him. "Umm.. Can I have your number?" Jongup asked shyly. "Of course! Here. Let's exchange our phones so we can save our numbers inside." When YoungJae took out his phone, Jongup exclaimed,"Woah! You have an iPhone 5S!" "Yeah. Sort of got it a few days ago when I went to buy the new iPod Touch." "Cool!" They exchanged their phones and saved each other's numbers. It was Jongup's turn to sing and YoungJae clapped happily for him. When Jongup sang the part that have 'You', he pointed to YoungJae. When he sang finished, YoungJae thanked him for dedicating the song towards him. 
 
The teacher cleared and said,"YoungJae-shi, you have a great voice. I would like to invite you to audition for TS Entertainment and put you in an end of the year production. Will you accept it?" Everyone's eyes were on YoungJae and when he said he accepted it, the class congratulated him. 'Tsk, he is just lucky.' Daehyun thought. "Teacher, I would like Jongup to sing a duet with me." YoungJae asked. "Oh. Why do you want that?" "Because I think his voice can harmonize with mine quite well. We won't disappointed you!" "Okay! As long as everything goes well!" The bell rang and everyone packed their bags. "See you late sometime?" YoungJae said. "Okay. Message me~" Jongup said and they both walked off for their final class. 
 
YoungJae checked his schedule for where he was supposed to go for his next class, instrument class. 'Block....B.' He thought. He walked to the block and found the class on the third floor. He walked in and saw that there was lesser people inside than the vocal class. 'I guess not a lot of people are talented in this..' He found an empty seat and sat down. A few minutes later, the teacher came. When they greeted the teacher, the teacher asked YoungJae to introduce himself to the class. 'Great, just gonna repeat what I said in vocal class.' "Hey everyone! My name is Yoo Young Jae. I'm 17 years old but is currently in my second year in this school. I was not in this class was because I had private lessons instead. Nice to meet you all!" He said, repeating every single word that he used in vocal class. (He sure has a very good memory.) He sat back to his place when everyone applauded. "Sorry teacher! Was in a situation just.. now.." Himchan's eyes caught YoungJae's and YoungJae looked away, ignoring the way Himchan was looking at him. "It's okay. Just don't do that again. Sit back at your original seat. Himchan took his place beside YoungJae. "What brings you here?" Himchan raised his eyebrows. "Oh! Didn't you hear from.. What's his name again? Daehyun? I told him that I had two music classes one is vocal and one is instrumental." YoungJae said. "Oh really?" "Yeah." 
 
YoungJae's POV (decided to use POV's instead of no one'a POV) 
 
"YoungJae, would you like to tell us what kind of instrument or which instrument do you play?" The teacher said. "Sure seonsaengnim. Umm... I can play all kinds of instruments. Since I was small, I started learning a variety of instruments. Like, violin, guitar, piano and more. Because I was interested in having a music major, I went to this school through the scholarship." I smiled dazzlingly with my blinding white teeth at my teacher. "O-oh okay. Would you like to show us your skills?" "Oh sure~" I said while walking towards the piano. I started playing a song that was trending recently, '1-4-3' by my friend Henry. (Henry was his friend when he was small. He was in America when he first met Henry. Henry then later went to Korea as he passed an audition in America but they still try to make time for them to catch up with one another. Henry is older by 2 years.)  I started to sing as well. 
 
Once I performed finished, the class clapped for me like in the vocal class. I bowed at them and went back to my seat. 'Since when does he play so well?' Himchan thought while eyeing YoungJae. I felt someone boring my skull and turned to face Himchan. "Is there something on my face?" I asked while quirking my eyebrow. "Uh.. No?" He said awkwardly.  "Okay.." "YoungJae-shi, I would like you to join the end of year production." "But seonsaengnim.. I am already in the end if year production because the vocal teacher asked me to sing..." I said. 'What?! He is already in the end of year productions?' Himchan thought angrily. "Is that so?.. How about after your performance for that segment then you can do a part for the instrumental performance. You can choose anyone to pair with you or you can do it solo." She smiled warmly at me. "Oh okay.. Sounds like a good idea.. Umm.." I looked around even though I already know who I was going to choose."I would like Himchan to do the performance with me." I said to the teacher. I turned to Himchan whose face turned to a shock and I smiled at him. "Ahh.. You and Himchan would make such a good pair for this performance." The teacher said. The bell rang and the class was dismissed. I swung my bag over my shoulder and walked out of the room. Himchan suddenly stopped me and I looked at him with a puzzled expression. "Yes?" "Why did you choose me to perform with you? Why didn't you go solo?" He asked. "Oh. That.. Because I know you are capable of it. What's your number by the way? I need your number so we can meet up to discuss about the production." "Why are you so kind? Why aren't you despising me for bullying you?" He just exploded with several more questions at me. "Because I like hurting people. And I am not despising you is because you  didn't beat me up or anything... So are you giving me your number or?" I dragged the last word.. "Oh. Right. My number.." I passed him my phone and he passed me his, and we typed our numbers into each other's phone. "Thanks!i hope we can be friends! See you!" I said walking away. "See...you? Friend?" I heard him say and I chuckled. 'He must think that I'm weird... Haha' I thought. 
 
'Finally. It's the end of the school~ (For now)' I thought while stretching my arms out. Someone tapped my shoulder and I turn to see Junhong and Illhoon standing behind me. "Annyeong~ dongsaengs~" "Annyeong hyung~" they said. "Sorry but I can't accompany you guys anymore... I have to go and work now.."I said sadly. "It's alright hyung! We can hangout on weekends!" Junhong exclaimed. I ruffled his hair and said,"Yeah. Gotta go~" I went to the parking lot and fetched my car. I started up the engine and drove out of school. I saw Himchan, Daehyun along with Yongguk. I horn them and they looked up. I waved at Himchan and he looked shocked. "Annyeong Himchan! Daehyun you too!" I said cheerfully while stopping in front of them for a while. When I was about to go, I heard Himchan say bye to me. I smiled at him and waved them goodbye, I could vaguely see Yongguk's face that had an expression that screamed shocked. 'Woah! When did he and Himchan become friends? And when did he get such a sweet ride?' Yongguk thought.
 
Yongguk's POV
"Himchan, when did you become friends with that geek?" I asked. "o-oh. You mean YoungJae? We had the same class and we both are pairing up for the end of year productions.." He said. "What?! He is also having an instrumental performance too?! No way!" Daehyun exclaimed. "Why?" I quirked up an eyebrow at Daehyun. "He is already having a duet with Jongup, my classmate for the end of year productions!" Daehyun said with a tone of sadness. "What?! Is he that good?" I asked. "Yeah.. He kind of is.. He is also invited to audition for TS Entertainment.." Daehyun said. 'Damn YoungJae!' Himchan thought. "I was also invited to go for the audition too," I said. "My rapping teacher invited me as he said I was one of his better students in the class." I took this chance to tell them about the good news. "Oh congrats hyung!" Himchan and Daehyun said. (Himchan is only younger by a month but I still made him say hyung.) We walked our separate ways and went home.
 
YoungJae's POV 
"Time to go to work~" I sang as I put on my blue suit after I showered. I didn't know what to bring so I decided to call my Appa. After one ring he answered, "Annyeong YoungJae~" he said. "Annyeong Appa~" I said cutely. "Appa, what should I bring to work?" I asked. "Oh right. Forgot to tell you that small detail.. You only need to bring your sketch book, colour pencils and different shades of pencils. And of course your bag too. Speaking of which, do you have a sling bag to put your items?" He asked. "Yes Appa. I have a sling bag. Don't worry~" I said. "Okay. If there is nothing else, see you at work later~" "Annyeong Appa~ See you later~" and I hung up. I put the stationaries into my bag and slung it on my shoulders. I trampled down the stairs and headed out to work. 
 
I used my GPS to find where is the company and headed towards the destination. I reached the company in less than ten minutes and headed to the parking lot to park my car. I took the lift up to the first floor and asked the receptionist where my dad was. "Annyeonghaseyo~ May I ask where is the Head of this company at?" "Did you have an appointment with him? If not then you can't go up." "Umm.. I don't have an appointment.. But my dad asked me to come here though.." I sighed. "Who's your dad?" He asked curiously. "Oh. My dad is the Head of this company. My name is Yoo YoungJae and my dad is Yoo Youngsaeng.." I said. "O-oh young master.. I'll call the Head right away!" He stuttered. After several minutes, I headed up to the top floor where I'll be doing my job as a manager for the first time. To be honest, I'm very, very nervous since I believe I was the youngest in the company.. "Ding!" I stepped out of the lift and breathed in heavily. I asked some of the people there who would most probably be my colleagues where the Head's room was and he gestured me to the far left side. I walked to the room and felt eyes burning through my skull yet again. I heard them murmuring amongst themselves wondering why I was here. 'Probably because i look young..' I thought. And unknowingly I reached the room. I knocked on the door and heard a faint sound calling me to come in. I opened the door and went in. "Annyeonghaseyo, Head of the company." I said teasingly. "Oh stop it you. Even though you are in the company, you can still call me Appa in private." He said and I smiled,"Okay Appa~ so what am I supposed to do?" "You just need to design outfits for fashion shows, events and more." "But won't they think that I'm a bit to young to work here?" I raised an eyebrow. "True that you are younger than them but I believe you can do a good job for this. I have good instincts~" my dad said. "Okay okay." "Time to introduce you to the colleagues~" 'Great..' Feeling even more nervous than before. "Everyone! This is YoungJae and he will be everyone's new main fashion designer!" My dad said, patting my shoulder. I bowed and said,"Annyeonghaseyo, please take care of me." When I looked up, everyone just smiled at me and went back to do their work. 'Time to work..' I sighed and took my place to my desk. 
 
After putting my stuff on the table, I felt someone standing in front of me. "Uh.. Hi Designer Yoo, these are some of the styles that are in trend this year." He said awkwardly. "Okay. Please, just call me YoungJae. I'm probably younger than all of you so please just speak informal with me." I said. "Oh okay YoungJae. Why are you doing in this company anyway?" He asked questioningly. "Just to get some extra cash and experience." I smiled at him. "Oh okay. See you!" He said and I waved at him. 'Such friendly colleagues.' I thought. I went to look at the files. 'Oh cool! Should think of a plan for something.' "Hey YoungJae. What are you doing there?" I jumped and looked back, my dad almost scared the hell out of me. "Dad! You scared me." I whined. "Oops sorry about that." He laughed. "Why are you doing here?" I asked. "Nothing to do I guess.. What are you doing?" He asked. "Oh. I'm planning something for the company. Since our company is well known for its fashion, I want to design something no one has every seen before." I said. "Oh! Good one. If you are done, pass me the designs so I can look at it~" "Okay!" I began drawing some inspirations for the designs and corrected anything that was wrong with the design. I took out my colour pencils and began my colouring journey. After around an hour, my masterpieces were done. I held them up to the light, and smiled at it. 'Time to bring them to Appa~' I thought. 
 
-Wonder how the designs look like? It's B.A.P's fashion concept so~ shouldn't say too much :p -