Chapter 1 (No title)

(Not continued) transformation

 

 
YoungJae was awoken by his alarm clock. He tried to stand up but he was too tired from studying and immediately landed back on his bed. He was 17 but he skipped a grade as he was first in the whole cohort and got his scholarship to Seoul Music School, one of Korea's biggest and greatest music school. He was always bullied in school because of his baby fats, chubby cheeks and geeky glasses. He didn't know why the people there were doing this to him and he accepted the things that were thrown to him as he didn't dare to fight back like doing home works for the bullies and things like that and he often got himself shoved down in a toilet bowl. 
 
Anyways back to the story, he stopped the alarm clock from ringing any further, he switched on his lights and opened the curtains to be greeted by blooming flowers and birds chirping outside. He was always a morning person, loving how the scenery looked in the morning. He chose some simple baggy clothes and jeans as he knew that he has baby fats and by that, he meant by a lot. After showering, he prepared himself some western bacon and sunny-side up eggs (he really knows how to cook) and ate in silence. If you were wondering why he was alone, it was because he requested his parents that he wanted to live by himself and wanted to be independent, but being the parents of YoungJae, they wouldn't let him until YoungJae kept requesting and he accepted their parents offer by living in their spare villa in Seoul in order for him to move out. He was pretty wealthy but nobody knew that as he was always with Junhong and he even have a drivers license (in my story you can get a drivers license at the age of 17 :p) and a very luxurious car (an Audi R8) which he never drives to school with. He proceeded out of the house with his favorite converse shoes, school bag and threaded down the path to the nearest bus stop. He got on the bus, put on his geeky glasses and reached for his beats headphones which his parents got for him on his 16th birthday and listened to his favorite songs. He reached the school after about thirty minutes -his house was probably the furthest in the whole of his high schoolmates' houses. He went to his locker to put the books he didn't need for the day until someone decided to slam his locker when he was going to close it.
 
Guess who it was? Of course. The most popular gang in the whole school, Yongguk and his gang. YoungJae, who was startled by the sudden action, was in a trance until YongGuk pulled him by his collar and slammed him onto the lockers. YoungJae whimpered and looked down on the floor not wanting to look into the eyes of YongGuk, his crush... Yes, he liked YongGuk. Why you ask? Because he accidentally saw YongGuk smiling and laughing with his gang and friends and he also saw the elder rap in such charisma - he thought he would faint from it even though YongGuk was his bully he can't help but skip a beat whenever he saw that scene or when his mind decided to over-think and repeat that scene to him over and over again. He was suddenly back to reality as YongGuk started to drag him to the toilet like always while his gang members trailed behind him. He closed his eyes and felt his head being plunged into the toilet bowl. He heard YongGuk and his gang laughing and moving away from him to go to class as the bell would be ringing at any time now. YoungJae quickly washed himself in the shower and headed to the classroom. 
 
YoungJae ran as fast as he could and reached the classroom just in time before the bell rang. He sat on his desk which is by the window at the back of the class and prepared himself for the lesson, Maths, his favorite subject. His classmates were talking among themselves as he observed his surroundings but he didn't observe properly as his best friend Junhong decided to sneak up behind him and back hugged him. He smiled while looking behind as he already knew from the scent that it was Junhong. Junhong always has this cherry tomato scent with him as he always ate cherry tomatoes - it was his favorite food. Junhong was also YoungJae's best friend from when they were young as they were both smart, got to the same school and skipped a grade as well. (Youngjae was Junhong's hyung by the way as he had the earliest birthday among them.)They were almost inseparable. Junhong also knew about YoungJae's crush, YongGuk and that YoungJae is actually the best vocalist and he is the most talented in playing instruments in school other than Himchan (I'll introduce him later) but most of the people in school doesn't know as he was in his own private music classes. They talked about how their life was during the weekends and they quickly sat to their desk as the teacher cleared his throat and greeted the class. The class greeted back and sat down. The both of them concentrated themselves in all of the lessons before recess and "Ring!" The bell rang and both of them slowly headed down to the canteen while the others quickly hurried down. 
 
They reached the canteen, grabbed their food and headed to their usual table. They were talking and eating when suddenly water came splashing down on YoungJae. Junhong and YoungJae gasped as the water had now drenched YoungJae from top to bottom making him shiver from the sudden coldness. Junhong immediately sent a glare to the laughing gang and quickly put his cardigan around YoungJae. Junhong immediately brought YoungJae to his locker as he knew that the older had extra clothes in case this type of things happened to him. YoungJae changed out of his wet clothes and came out of the bathroom. "Hyung! Are you alright?" Junhong asked worriedly. YoungJae chuckled to Junhong, "Yeah, I'm fine Junhong." They then walked back to class and continued three more hours of learning. 
 
After school, JunHong decided to hangout at YoungJae's villa to watch some movies and play a few video games as he knew YoungJae's villa had everything a person could have ever wanted. Once they reached his house, they started playing a few games like Assassin's Creed and Starcraft. Even though they were always studying, they would always leave some time for video games. When YoungJae was small, his ambition was to become a pro gamer in Starcraft as he was really good in it but his ambition soon changed after his friends and him went to their school's talent competition and sang a Korean song. They won and YoungJae was spurred on by the cheers they received and soon was pursuing to become a singer in the future. After they played the games, they went into the cinema room and watched some movies until they were tired out. YoungJae then drove JunHong home as it was late. 
 
-After a few weeks-
 
The bullying got worse and worse every single day and YongGuk even punched him and kicked him leaving YoungJae with bruises and cuts every time.  YoungJae was so devastated that he even attempted to cut himself in one of the bathroom stalls until JunHong stepped in and grabbed the penknife away from him. He hugged the elder tightly while the elder just fell into JunHong's arms and held onto JunHong tightly and sobbed into the younger's shirt. 
 
"Hey Fatty!~" Himchan the one who was 'the most talented' in instruments called YoungJae. "Hey! Stop it!" JunHong shouted as he suddenly appeared next to YoungJae. "Who are you to barge in?" Himchan snarled. "I'm his best friend. Why you got a problem with that?" JunHong talked back. And soon the quarrel just kept going on until YoungJae suddenly grabbed JunHong and whispered, "Enough, lets head back to class." And JunHong followed YoungJae back to class leaving Himchan behind, mouth agape.
 
It was going to be the end of school for this semester. JunHong talked to YoungJae on how to move on and YoungJae had promised Junhong that he will not attempt to cut himself and that he will change to someone that will be admired by everyone by the end of the summer holidays. Junhong also promised to always be by YoungJae's side and help support him and YoungJae really appreciate it and patted Junhong on the head. They went to a karaoke and YoungJae sang so emotionally that he started to tear up but soon recovered as Junhong cheered him up by dancing gangnam style and gentleman. 
 
Finally,after all of the exams and marking days, results were out and of course YoungJae was first in the cohort as always and Junhong was third while YongGuk was second. YoungJae and Junhong were glad that they received good results and congratulated one another. Because YoungJae got first and YongGuk got second and was losing against a person younger than him, YongGuk dragged YoungJae when he was alone and physically abused him until YoungJae was on the floor bleeding and he left him there. When Junhong ran to find YoungJae, he found out that be was too late and that he broke his promise but the older told him it was not his fault. YoungJae heard faint calls of his name fading away and soon was slipping away from consciousness.
 
Junhong kept calling, "Hyung! YoungJae hyung!" But YoungJae didn't respond to him. The younger was in tears by now, carrying the older behind his back and rushing to find a teacher for help. He found their form teacher walking around and shouted to the teacher. Despite of the lack of respect, the teacher didn't reprimand him and brought them both to the nearest hospital. The teacher called YoungJae's parents and they rushed here as fast as they could. They asked Junhong what had happened and Junhong told them almost everything except for the part where YoungJae was cutting himself as it was worrying enough that YoungJae was in the hospital now lying there. Even though YoungJae didn't suffer major injuries, he still had a lot of bruising on his body and had to do a checkup in case he had a brain concussion. 
 
YoungJae was finally awake after several hours of unconsciousness and he saw his parents looking at him with worried eyes and Junhong with his bloodshot eyes. His parents called for the doctor and the doctor checked on him saying that he would be fine after a few days but his parents were not convinced and kept asking and asking. YoungJae had to assure them again and again that he was fine and told them to go back home to rest as Junhong would take care of him in behalf. His parents sighed and said their goodbyes while Junhong was holding the elder's hand tightly not wanting to let go as he didn't want to lose his hyung again. YoungJae saw Junhong's eyes and told him not to worry about him and the younger obliged. Junhong had to go back as it was late and it was already passed visiting hours. The elder assured him again and Junhong left reluctantly. YoungJae felt tiredness overwhelming him and let sleep take over.