Beauty Patch

HYUNSAENG SHORT SHORT STORIES ♥♡♥♡

Young Saeng swallowed nervously as he looked up at the tall building uncertainly, biting his lower lip. Should I do this...? He fiddled with the long sleeves of his jacket and sighed. 

"I'm here already," he muttered bitterly. "Guess I might as well go in."

With another heavy sigh, he walked up to the automatic doors and stepped in as they opened for him. Inside was luxurious with couches in the waiting areas and up front was a counter. He hesitantly stood at the desk, waiting for a clerk to come.

"Oh, are you here for our psychologist?" a pretty lady with blonde hair asked as she hurried over to him in her stilettos.

He needed shyly. "N-neh... Kim Hyun Joong-ssi."

"Do you have an appointment?"

Young Saeng nodded again. "At 2 o'clock."

The lady beamed. "Your name?"

"Young Saeng. Heo Young Saeng."

She took out a thick binder and flipped through it, quickly scanning through before she spotted his name and put a check beside it before closing it and turning back to her customer. "Well then, Young Saeng-ssi, please follow me."

Young Saeng took quick and tiny steps, constantly chewing on his lip and fiddling with the hem of his jacket. The lady noticed and giggled. "You don't have to be so nervous. Hyun Joong-ssi doesn't bite. I'm sure you'll like him when you see him. Hey, I'll let you in on a little secret."

The latter's eyes widened as he leaned forward, stuttering. "N-neh?"

"Well, it's not exactly a secret, since almost every person who has met him has a crush on him. But I must say, he's hot. But he doesn't do relationships, I guess. I'm not saying you'll definitely him, but he's friendly."

The elevator arrived and the two stepped in. Young Saeng quickly moved to the corner where he felt a little safer. At the fourth floor, they got off and the lady led him to a door near the end of the hallway. Once she arrived, she knocked gently. 

"Hyun Joong-ssi?" she called. 

"Come in," came a male voice.

Young Saeng immediately stiffened and gulped as the lady opened the door for him. "Come in, Young Saeng-ssi. Hyun Joong-ssi was waiting for you. Just relax and you'll be fine."

The young man hurriedly nodded and stepped in, his heart pounding when he heard the door close behind him. He looked up from the seemingly-interesting ground and found himself eye to eye with a handsome man who was taller than him and seemed older than him. 

"Annyeonghaseyo," said the man. "My name is Kim Hyun Joong, a psychologist. How are you, Young Saeng-ssi?"

Young Saeng swallowed as he bowed politely. "I-I'm good. Thank you. Nice to meet you."

Hyun Joong laughed as he patted over at the other side of his desk where the was a chair. "Come here and sit down. And relax, Young Saeng-ssi, there's nothing to be afraid of."

The latter nodded and toddled over to the chair, carefully sitting down on the edge. His eyes darted around the dimly lit room and his nose caught a fragrance from a few candles lit around the room, possibly for relaxing the patient. He began to tug on his sleeves, nervously fidgeting in his chair. He hadn't noticed the psychologist watching him in amusement. 

"So... may I ask how old you are?" Hyun Joong interrupted the silence along with a slick chuckle. 

"Ah, I'm 25 years old."

"When were you born?"

"November 3rd."

"Good, good, you're younger than me by a few months. Now, can you tell me what's wrong?"

Young Saeng his lips and started chewing the skin again, his cheeks turning slightly red. Hyun Joong smiled warmly. "It's okay, just let it all out."

The latter still felt hesitant and unsure, but decided that this was the psychologist, he had to do what he came to do. "I don't know... it's just that, I've never been very confident with myself," Young Saeng began quietly. "My friends never gained weight no matter how much they ate, while I would have to control my diet. And even then, I'm still chubbier. I stand out, actually, in my circle... and I'm quiet and I'm not really confident in getting into a relationship..."

"What do you do for your job?" Hyun Joong interrupted. 

"Ah, I'm a composer."

The psychologist nodded and jotted down a few notes before gesturing for Young Saeng to continue, but it seemed like the younger didn't have anymore to say. Young Saeng simply shrugged.

"So basically, you're insecure about your weight and you are quiet."

"I've never really liked my appearance either... My friends are all really handsome and I'm the only with a round face. It makes me kind of feel like I don't fit in and stuff like that. Sorry if I'm blabbering."

"No, no, it's fine. It's good that you're opening up to me. I need to know about your problems so that I can find a way to deal with them."

Young Saeng nodded and Hyun Joong quickly opened a drawer and took out a small, white packet. He slid it over to Young Saeng and the latter read the lable: Beauty Patch. He stared at the handsome psychologist in confusion, in the process, understanding why the lady who had led him here said that almost every patient had fallen for him. This man really was... hot good looking. 

"There is a way to fix the way you perceive yourself," the psychologist began explaining. "And there are two parts to this. One is that you have to put on this patch and leave it on for eight hours, okay? The other half is keeping a journal, a diary, or a video documentary. At the end of every day for the next two weeks, you will document what you saw, what you felt, and if you think anything has changed."

The latter nodded. 

"Open it and put it on your upper arm," instructed Hyun Joong. 

Young Saeng took it gently and ripped open the package. Inside was a small, wet, cotton patch with one side covered in a sticky substance. He stared at it before looking at Hyun Joong uncertainly. 

"Take off your jacket and put it on your arm," insisted the man. 

The younger sighed as he slid off his jacket and rolled up his sleeve before softly pressing the patch onto his upper arm. "Like this?"

Right after Hyun Joong nodded in approval, Young Saeng slipped his jacket back. 

"Great, now come back in a week and tell me how you feel."

Young Saeng nodded understandingly as he stood up from his chair and bowed. "Gang-gangsahamnida."

Hyun Joong watched with a smile as Young Saeng hurried out the door and closed it quietly behind him. He chuckled. "That was interesting."


(One week later)

There was a knock on the door and Hyun Joong sat up from his relaxed position on the couch. "Come in."

His face immediately lit up when he saw a familiar face poke into the room. He stood up and walked over to the desk, organizing a few folders while waving the man in. 

"Young Saeng-ssi, how are you?"

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm good, thank you," the latter replied with a small smile. He closed the door and quickly walked over to the chair across from the psychologist, sitting down comfortably. 

Hyun Joong smiled. "You seem much better than last time."

"Yeah," said Young Saeng, seemingly somewhat excited to talk about his adventures. "I did so many things. I usually don't like to hang out with my friends because I feel out of place, but a few days ago, I went and it was so fun. We just hung out in parks and ate ice cream."

The psychologist could hear his heart pounding when he saw a big smile form on the latter's face, revealing cute symmetrical dimples. Young Saeng noticed the older staring at him and immediately cut himself off, blood rushing up to his cheeks. "Is-is there something on my face...?"

Hyun Joong shook his head. "No, no, not at all. It seems that you're progressing smoothly. That's good news. So which did you choose?"

Young Saeng tilted his head to the side in confusion, furrowing his eyebrows, causing Hyun Joong to nearly squeal. But the older held himself back and simply grinned. "I mean a video documentary? Or a diary?"

"A diary," answered Young Saeng and dug into his small bag. "In fact, I brought it with me today just in case you wanted to see."

"No, I'm not going to read it," said Hyun Joong, stopping the latter from taking it out. "There's a reason why it's called a diary. It's confidential."

"But you're my psychologist."

"Doesn't matter. I can only look at personal information if I have the consent of my patient."

"And you do have my consent," insisted Young Saeng, taking out his notebook once again and placing it on the desk. "Here. I wrote about it every single of my day and how I felt."

Hyun Joong gave in and took it, flipping it open to the first day and nodded. Young Saeng really did write a lot and he kept on flipping. It was amazing how it had only been seven days, but the latter had filled up at least a quarter of his notebook already. 

"Good job," the psychologist praised, handing it back. 

"Did you even read it?" Young Saeng questioned with a cute pout. 

"There's too much to read," the older answered awkwardly and looked down at his notes. "Well then, since everything is going well, you can come back next week again and that'll be the end."

"So... that means that'll be the last time I come?" Young Saeng was disappointed. He wanted to spend more time here now that he was feeling a lot more confident than before. 

"Well, yes, if this is the last of your problems," coughed Hyun Joong as he cleared his throat. He had to admit that he was quite disappointed, too. Maybe he should've made this process three weeks instead of two. Whatever, what was done was done. 

The patient stood up and bowed, taking his diary. "Thank you for today."

With that, Young Saeng left and Hyun Joong sighed, ruffling his hair. 


(One week later)

In the second week, Hyun Joong sat at his desk, waiting for Young Saeng to arrive. When the latter did, he saw that the man seemed to be even more energetic than before. Knocking and when given the permission, bursting in and running to the desk after closing the door and plopping down on the cushion seat in front of the desk across from the psychologist. 

"I went window shopping with my friends!" Young Saeng exclaimed in excitement. "I can't believe I did it! I never do that! And I did it!"

Hyun Joong chuckled. "So how do you feel now?"

"Amazing," the latter said and dug out his diary. "Look, look, I finished the book. There was so much to write about. This is great inspiration for my new songs. I can't believe I would feel like this."

The psychologist smiled and dug into his drawer again and took out the open package of the beauty patch Young Saeng had used two weeks ago and slid it over to the latter. 

Young Saeng raised an eyebrow when he saw it. "What do I do with this? The package is used, isn't it?"

Hyun Joong shook his head. "After this experience, would you buy the beauty patch?"

Without hesitance, Young Saeng nodded. "Yeah, I honestly think I would. It really helped."

The psychologist smiled. "Do you want to see what's in it."

"Yeah."

"Turn it over."

Young Saeng glanced at Hyun Joong as he reached out and delicately plucked the package off the table and turned it over only to suddenly feel a surge of shock to rush through his body, his nerves tingling and tears welling up in his eyes. He brought up his hands are covered his mouth, a tear escaping from his eye. 

Hyun Joong could only smile. Young Saeng looked at him wide-eyed. "This whole time... there was nothing?"

The psychologist nodded. "Nothing. It was you, Young Saeng-ssi. Nothing more. It wasn't about a simple patch of cotton. The beauty patch is just a name that influenced your mind. It was about you. You changed yourself, not some beauty patch."

He took one of Young Saeng's hands and squeezed it in his own, using his other to wipe away the latter's tears with a warm smile. "You are beautiful, Young Saeng-ssi. You just have to believe it."

"Hyun Joong-ssi," Young Saeng started as he sniffled. 

"Mm hmm?"

"Can I come again next week?" 

Hyun Joong nodded with a smile. "Of course."


(One year later)

"Hyun Joong-ah! Hyun Joong-ah!" 

Young Saeng suddenly burst through the doors of Hyun Joong's office, causing the older to jump in surprise. "Young Saeng, how many times do I have to tell you to knock first?"

"No, no, I've got some exciting news. My new song! It was bought by SM!" he squealed in joy. 

Hyun Joong's eyes widened and he brought the smaller into his arms. "Good job, Saeng. That's really great."

"Can we celebrate tonight? Can we? Can we?" Young Saeng's eyes sparkled so much, begging Hyun Joong and prevented him from saying no, not that he was going to anyway.

The psychologist nodded. "Of course we can."

In his happiness, Young Saeng reached up and lightly pecked Hyun Joong on the lips before running to the couch and flopping on it, hugging a pillow in content. Finally, he came down from his high and closed his eyes, sighing. "Man... who knew they would buy it? I mean, I thought that it was one of my worst songs, yet. It was so cheesy, and stuff."

Hyun Joong chuckled, walking over to his boyfriend and sitting down beside him on the couch and reached out, Young Saeng's soft newly caramel-highlighted hair. "You know SM. They like cheesy. And have I ever told you how much I love your hair?"

"Yeah, you told me a few days ago quite a few times," Young Saeng laughed, sitting up and leaning his head onto Hyun Joong's shoulder. The man hugged the smaller, bringing him closer and sniffing the latter's hair. 

"I'm really lucky to have met you."

Young Saeng grinned. "And I you."

Hyun Joong gazed into the latter's dark orbs for a few seconds before closing the distance and connecting their lips softly. It was an innocent, yet passionate kiss as they slowly moved their lips along each other's with no tongue involved. Young Saeng's eyes fluttered closed as he enjoyed the tenderness. He grunted as he was pushed down by the older, who was becoming a little more aggressive.

"Hey, hey, not here," Young Saeng said, breaking away, his face red and his lips swelling up. Hyun Joong simply grinned childishly before stealing a kiss from the latter before getting off him. 

"So what do you want to eat tonight?"

Young Saeng stared at him strangely. "Eat? Where did you get that from?"

"You did say you wanted to celebrate tonight, didn't you?"

The younger beamed. "Yeah, I did. But you know what I meant."

Hyun Joong blinked before blushing. "What? Are you sure? I mean, you wanted to take it slow and I said I would. Are you really sure?"

Young Saeng pecked his lips. "Of course I'm sure. I think I'm ready now."

"Get ready for a long night," Hyun Joong whispered teasingly into the younger's ear and earned himself a light whack on the head. 

 

line divider

"Beauty is a state of mind." - Dove

 

 



Well, guys. Here's another one. Haha~ Hope you like it. It was inspired by another commercial. I forgot what it was called but it was about a beauty patch, too. I'm assuming most of you should've seen it if you watch YouTube. 

Uh, so yeah. And sorry for the lack of . I'm just not feeling up to writing right now. Kinda lazy...  Sorry~