o3

Pursuit Of Revery

“Every great dreams begin with a dreamer.
Always remember, you have within your strength, the patience, and the passion
to reach for the stars to change the world
” 

― Harriet Tubman

 

Luhan is standing inside a queue. His heart beats faster and faster as people in front of him starts to went inside a certain room. He gulped down several times.

'Can i pass the audition?' he asked himself again and again. He closed his eyes for a few minutes when suddenly, a big and warm hand hold his shoulder. Luhan open his eyes and he looks back, curious to see the person who holds his shoulder. His eyes meet a pair of dark brown eyes belongs to a tall man with blonde hair. 

"Excuse me?" Luhan asked. That man gives Luhan a warm smile and pats his shoulder several times.

"Are you nervous?" asked that man and Luhan nodded, yes, he's more than nervous. "Are you going audition for dancing?"

"Singing." Luhan corrected. That man answered 'Ah.' soundlessly. "And you?" Luhan asked.

"Dancing." He replied with a warm smile as he removed his hand from Luhan's shoulder. "Well, if you're going to sing, then don't be nervous. Or your voice will be cracked and that's not what the judges wanted. Am i right?" That man chuckled a little bit in the end of his words. Luhan just shrugged.

"I can't help but be nervous about this. I mean, how can i not be nervous when the judges will be looking at me with those sharp eyes. I think i can throw up in front of them instead of giving them a worthy performance." He said and that man laughed. "What's so funny? I'm serious!" 

"Is it that bad? They want to see you singing, not throwing up." He laughed so hard that Luhan just ignore him. "Hey, don't worry too much. Just imagine that the judges are only statues, no, vegetables. There are 2 judges so you can just imagine one of them is a carrot and the other one is a cabbage. Does that help you?"

Now it's Luhan's turn to laugh so hard. "Vegetables? Are you crazy?" He choked on his own spit and he coughed so hard, but he has no intention to stop laughing. That man chuckled as he poked lightly on Luhan's back, trying to calm him down from laughing and choking at the same time.

"Calm down, i don't want you to die because of your own spit." He joked and Luhan tried so hard to stop laughing, but he ends up smiling like an idiot.

"By the way," Luhan started. "I think i've seen you before. I don't know, your face looks some kind of familiar to me." Luhan said and Kai chuckled.

"Because i'm just that handsome." Kai replied confidently. Luhan rolled his eyes. "Forget about it, so what's your audition number?" Kai asked. Luhan saw the small paper that's sticked on his checkered shirt's left pocket.

"2204, you?" He asked back. That man showed him his number, 2205. "Ah, we're going in together, aren't we?"

"Think so. I can't wait to see you sing." He said. "By the way, what's your name?"

"Luhan. And you?"

"Jongin. Kim Jongin. But just call me Kai. Everybody calls me with that. And by the way, you're not Korean?" That man asked confusely after hearing Luhan's name. Luhan shook his head slowly and smile.

"My parents are chinese who migrated to Korea after they got married. So here i am, a chinese who live in Korea. I've been living here for the past 20 years so you can just say that i'm Korean as well." He answered. Kai is just staring at him silently.

"Wait, 20 years? Oh, . I'm sorry. Hyung, nice to meet you." Kai bowed lightly. Luhan chuckled while keep on staring at Kai, who looks like he's out of words. "I thought you're younger than me, i mean. You look so young!" Kai praised. On the other hand, Luhan is just laughing lightly by hearing Kai praising his appearance. 

"How old are you, Kai?"

"17 this year." Kai answered. Luhan made an 'O' shaped mouth while eyeing on Kai's appearance. "I don't look like i'm 17 right, Hyung?" Kai chuckled.

"No, not at all. I thought you're 20 or something." Luhan answered.

"Number 2200 to 2210, get ready!" Said one of the staffs. By hearing that, Luhan stiffened. His heart beats thousand times faster and ge started to gulp down several times. On the other hand, Kai looks calm. He stretched his hands a little bit while trying to breathe calmly. Kai made an eye contact with Luhan and with that, he knows that Luhan started to get nervous. Kai shook his head several times. "Number 2200 to 2210 please enter the room and stay inside the line."

They went inside the audition room and there are 2 jugdes sitting with their arms crossed in frontof their chests. One of them is a woman, and the other is a man. A camera is set behind them, filming the auditioners, and a young lady is seen standing behind the camera. The young lady told them about what they should do, and they'll be given 1 minute to show their talents. Number 2200 starts to sing after the young lady told him to.

"Number 2203 please." Said one of the judges and a boy in his uniform walks in front of the judges. Both Kai and Luhan are staring at him when he started dancing. That boy is dancing freely, like no one's watching. Although his expression is just blank, his movements are fantastic. Kai's mouth agape a little bit, he feels like he's seeing a rival. When that boy finished dancing. The judges nodded a little bit. "Alright, number 2204 please."

Luhan stiffened a little bit when suddenly Kai poked his back and with that, Luhan knows everything will be alright. Luhan walks in front of the judges and gulped down. He froze as he made an eye contact with one of the judges. He is shaking. Even Kai can see that. Kai shook his head.

"Vegetables." Kai said out of the blue. Luhan snapped out of his thought and chuckled.

"I'm sorry, you can't say anything." Said the young lady behind the camera.

"Right, sorry." Kai nodded as Luhan turned his head to look at Kai and said 'thank you' soundlessly. Kai nodded. Luhan turn back his head to meet the judges and gulped down for the last time and he started singing. Luhan is singing Kim Hyunsik's 'Like Rain, Like Music" at the beginning of the song, his voice is shaky. But he started to calm down not long after that. Kai nodded to the song while Luhan is singing beautifully.

"Alright. Stop right there." One of the judges stopped Luhan and Luhan nodded as he bit his lips. "Number 2205, please." Kai walks in front of the judges and breathe calmly. When the music starts, he smirked and started to dance. Everyone in the room are looking at him, amazed by his movements. Smooth, powerful, sensual, all at the same time. The judges slant their eyes and look at Kai in disbelief. When Kai finished his dance, Luhan clapped his hand soundlessly while everyone is making a 'wow' sound.

After 2210 finished her performance, one of the judges nodded and took a paper in front of her. "Number 2203 and 2205 please stay while the others please leave the room quietly." Said the judges. Luhan sighed and patted Kai's back slowly.

"Congrats." He said almost audible for Kai to hear. Kai pouted a little bit.

"I'm sorry, Hyung." Kai answered as he leave Luhan and walk towards the judges along with the boy number 2203.

Maybe, i'm not that good. That's what Luhan is thinking as he walks out of the room. When he was about to leave the building, he heard his name being called.

"Luhan hyung! Hyung!"

Luhan turned around and saw Kai running towards him. When Kai arrived in front of him, he grabbed both of Luhan's shoulder and breathes heavily, "What is it Kai?" He asked confusely.

"The judges told me to call you back! Hyung! They want you to stay!" Kai said in a loud voice and Luhan's eyes widened. 'What?' Luhan asked soundlessly and Kai nodded furiously. "Let's go back together! Come on!" Kai said happily and both of them went back to the audition room. The boy number 2203 is seen standing in front of the judges silently.

"A-Are you guys looking for me?" Luhan asked, stammered, as he stopped in front of the judges.

"Yes, we are. We want to ask several things to the three of you." Said the male judge. "And please just call me Jae."

"So you must he Lu Han, you're Jongin, and you are Sehun?" Asked the female judge to the three of them. They nodded at the same time as in cue. Luhan looked to his right to see the boy named Sehun who danced nicely earlier. At the same time, Sehun turned his head to face Luhan and both of them are staring at each other. Sehun gave him a slight smile and bowed. Luhan bowed back at him as Kai wrapped his hand around Luhan's shoulder happily. "We're attached by your talents. Although i think Luhan needs more time to let go of his bad habit during singing." Said the female judge and Luhan bit his lips.

"And, the bad habit is?" Kai asked curiously.

"Off-pitch. But he has that one charm that makes me can't take my eyes off of him." She continued.

"Just tell him that he is good looking Rino." Said Jae while coughing. The female judge, who turns out to be the famous Rino Nakasone, chuckled as she shoved her arms to Jae's upper body. Jae choked while a grin is plastered on Rino's face.

"But seriously, Luhan. Sometimes your voice is kinda off-pitch, so yeah. Anyways, we would like to see your improvement. Also Jongin,"

"Kai." Kai interrupted.

"I go by Jongin. Jongin, your dance is so smooth yet powerful. I like it. Sehun, your dance is awesome too but you are lack of expression." Said Rino. Sehun nodded.

"Sorry, Noona." Sehun apologize. 

"Alright then. Congratulations to you guys. You guys passed the audition. Don't be too proud because not only three of you that passed today's weekly audition. We would like to see your improvement in S.M. Entertainment. We want you to bring your parents next week to sign a contract with us." Rino explained. Weirldy, the three of them doesn't seem like they are that happy. "Is there anything wrong?" Rino asked confusely as she saw their expression.

"No." Kai smiled. "Nothing's wrong. Thank you so much!" He laughed forcefully as he bowed to both Rino and Jae.

"Alright, you guys can leave the room." Jae dismissed the three of them and they left the room together.

"I don't think there's 'nothing' wrong." Jae broke the silence after Luhan, Kai, and Sehun left the room. Rino nodded in response. "After you mention the word 'family', their face fell off."


"So, good luck for us?" Kai broke the silence after three of them went out of the building where a lot of people still queueing outside. Luhan and Sehun are just looking at each other. Of course, they are happy that they'll be a trainee. But there's just one thing that making them frel uneasy. Kai shrugged and tugged on Luhan's shirt slowly. "Hyung, can i have your number so i can call you anytime? And yours too, Sehun." 

"Oh, yes, sure. Can i borrow your phone? I'll give you my number." Sehun replied as in cue while Luhan is still staring at some certain places blankly. Kai gave his phone to Sehun and Sehun typed his phone number. After he's done, he poked on Luhan's hand lightly and Luhan snapped out of his thought. "Hyung, here. Type your number."

"Ah, right." Luhan took the phone and quickly gave his number to Kai. When he was about to give it back to Kai, Kai chuckled.

"Have you guys told your family about this? About the audition thingy?" Kai asked. And his question hit both of Luhan and Sehun's mind. Both of them shook their heard together. Kai nodded slowly as he took his phone from Luhan's arm. "Alright, then. I think i'm going inside the building again. My friend auditioned for this too. I want to see if he passed the audition or not. So, see you guys around?" It's more like a question. Luhan nodded and waved his hand followed by Sehun. When Kai left them, both of them stay in silence.

"How old are you, Sehun?" Luhan asked, trying to brake the silence away.

"I'm 17, Hyung." Sehun answered slowly. Luhan nodded and sighed. "And you, Hyung?"

"20." Luhan answered shortly as he checked on his phone. "I think i better go home now. I'm afraid my parents will be looking for me. So, see you around?" Sehun nodded and waved at Luhan as soon as Luhan took his first step to leave the building. Luhan waved back and leave Sehun alone in front of the building. As in cue, Sehun received a phone call from Tao.

"What is it?" Sehun asked impolitely. Tao chuckled.

"You are still as rude as ever. How's the audition?" Tao asked.

"I was cool, as always." Sehun answered.

"I wasn't asking about that, head. Did you get in or not?"

"They accepted me."

Silence.

"YOU WHAT?" Tao asked, yelling. Sehun scrunched his nose as he put away his phone from his ear because Tao is being too loud.

"Easy now, buddy. I got accepted. They told me to bring my parents to the company next week to sign the contract." Sehun answered. Tao, who knows Sehun for years, knows from how Sehun said his words that he's not that pleased. He's more like scared of his own words.

"You haven't tell you parents about this, have you?" Tao asked. "What are you going to do about this?" Sehun sighed.

"I don't know, Tao. I mean, what if they don't like my decision? What if-"

"This is your dream, Oh Sehun." Tao cut off Sehun's words and Sehun fell into silence. "I know you. I know how happy you are when you're dancing. I know how excited you are when you're talking about your dream. And you wanted to be a dancer. This is your chance. Go for it." 

"Go for it?" Sehun asked, almost inaudible for Tao to hear.

"Yes, buddy. Go for it." Tao answered with a big smile plastered on his face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry for abandoning you guys T_T
It's not that i'm busy, i WASN'T in the mood for writing this story. But i will never abandon this story! I will try to always keep on writing this story eventho it takes time. I'm sorry if this chapter is not that interesting, i was sort out of ideas. But more fun things ahead so please keep an eye on this story to know more about the 'life changing' thingy i wrote down on the foreword.

Love you guys ttm,
Rebecca