o1

Pursuit Of Revery

“You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. 
I hope someday you'll join us.
And the world will live as one.” 
- John Lennon

 

That busy afternoon, the streets in Seoul are seen filled with lots and lots of people. They were busy doing with their own things. Humans. Human who lives in their dreams. They felt that their whole life was some kind of dream and they sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. They dream, because sometimes they think that's the only right thing to do. But they just don't know, how to wake up and chase their dreams.

Luhan

In the middle of the crowd in Myeongdong street, a man is seen sitting on one of the benches. He ducked his head, seems like he is focusing on a book on his hand, until he could hear something from afar. He lifted his chin and look around, searching for the sound that he just heard. He looked at his left and found that some street performers are currently singing a hip-hop song. He smiled and closed his book. He stood up and walked towards the street performers. Some people are already gathered around them just to listen to their performance. 

He, Luhan, pushed thru the crowd and stopped just enough to see the performance clearly. There are 3 men performing in front of him. They rap, sing, and even dancing. He smiled, looking at their every movement. He made eye contact with one of the performers and he gasped. He quickly looked away. He bumped one of the audiences and dropped that person's books.

"Oh, sorry!" Luhan quickly bent down. He collect that person's books and looked up to give it back. His eyes met a pair of brown eyes. The person is a guy, wearing a uniform from a well-known art school in Seoul. "Here's your book!" he exclaimed. That person nodded and take the books from Luhan's hand.

"Thank you" he said and Luhan nodded, cannot get away from that person's eyes. That person turned his body and continue watching the street performance.

"Mr. Luhan!"

He turned his head just to see his chauffeur standing in the back row of the crowd.

"Mr. Luhan! What are you doing there?" asked the chauffeur. Luhan sighed and walk slowly towards his chauffeur. "Your father told me to pick you up after your language class. What are you doing here, are you alright?" 

"I'm fine. See? I was just looking at the street performance" Luhan replied lazily. The chauffeur peeked thru the crowd just to see the performance. He landed his eyes on Luhan again.

"Mr. Luhan, i already told you hundred times that standing inside the crowd is dangerous. What if-"

"I'm fine! Let's just go home. I'm tired" Luhan walked away as he brushed his shoulder with his chauffeur's. He looked back for one last time, sighed as he cannot see what the street performers are doing at the moment because of the crowd that gathered around them. 

I wish i could watch them for a longer time.

--

"Luhan, how was the language class today?" asked his mother as soon as he stepped into his house. He rolled his eyes.

"Nothing special." he replied shortly as he gave his backpack to one of his maids. "I'm going to sleep. Please wake me up at 5 PM. I need to study" he said. His mother nodded and he went to his room. Luhan closed the door and sighed. This is the nth time he didn't get to finish watching the street performance. His chauffeur is the biggest er. And also, his family.

Being the only son in the Lu family, Luhan doesn't like that his family forced him to be a successful businessman like his father. It's not like he doesn't want to be like his father, it's just that he thinks it's not the right choice for him. He sighed as he saw a photo framed which is placed on his nightstand. He took the photo. He gave a slight smile and the photo.

His mother. His biological mother.

4 years ago his biological mother died because of leukemia. The next year, his father married again and it's his current mother. After he lost his mother, he felt like living in a dream. His parent's dream. It's like he is under his parents control. They forced Luhan to get into business things, which Luhan hate so much. 

"Luhan, go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined"

That's what his mother said before she died. Luhan can still remember that day, when he held his mother's hand and nodded. Not long after that, his mother closed her eyes and she never open it again.

"Mom" he said. "Life gets harder when you're not around. Dad wants me to be a businessman, but like what you said, to go towards my dream, being a businessman is not what i want." he continued. He sighed. "How i hope you're still here and support me towards my dream" he said before he put down the photo and lay down on his bed.

Sehun

"You're not going to come with us?" asked one of his friends. He shook his head.

"Sorry guys, i need to go home soon." he explained. His friends just nodded and waved at him, he waved back. He went out of his school and walking down the streets to reach his home. In the middle of his way, he saw peoples are gathered around and cheering loudly. He got confused and walk towards the crowd. He clutched the books on his hand and pushed himself into the crowd. He saw what they are looking at. 

A street performance.

He, Sehun, smiled seeing 3 men enjoying themselves. One of them danced, the other one sing, and the other one is doing rap. Sehun's eyes are glued to the one who's dancing freely. When suddenly, someone bumped into him and he dropped his books. When he was about to retrieve his books, that guy bent down to collect his books.

"I'm sorry!' said that guy. Sehun cannot say anything when that guy lifted his chin and look at his eyes. "Here's your book!" said that guy to Sehun. Sehun nodded and takes the book from his hand.

"Thank you" he said. That person nodded before Sehun turned his body from him and continue watching the performance. He looks at his watch and gasped when he saw the clock. It's already 3 PM, he quickly went out from the crowd and walk faster towards the bus stop, hoping he wouldn't late to catch the bus. 

He sighed in relieved when he arrived in time. He got into the bus and take the furthest seat. Sehun grab his phone and also the earphone. He put the earphone on his ear and search thru the songs in his phone. He found a certain song and played it. Enjoying every beat that strikes his ear, he felt like his body is dancing to the beat.

--

"Hyung!" a little boy run towards Sehun and Sehun smiled. The little boy jumped, Sehun catches him and carry him into the house.

"Sejoon, do you miss me?" Sehun asked his little brother, younger by 15 years. Sejoon nodded and hugged Sehun's neck. Sehun giggled and put him down. Sehun gave his books to his little brother. "Can you please take this into my room? Just put it on my desk" he said and Sejoon nodded happily. Sehun smiled and ruffled his little brother's hair.

"Oh! Sehun, you're already home?" asked his mother and Sehun nodded. "How was school?" 

"As always, boring" he chuckled and bent down to release his shoes. His mother nodded and go back to the kitchen. Sehun sighed and went to his room. He saw his little brother still inside his room, sitting on his bed while swinging his little feet happily. "What are you doing here Sejoon? Have you put down my books-"

"Hyung! Are you going to dance for me again?" Sejoon asked happily. Sehun chuckled and ruffled his brother's hair. 

"I'm sorry Sejoon. Hyung is very tired. I'll dance for you later, ok?" Sehun said. Sejoon pouted and nodded slowly. But then he looked up to Sehun with his puppy eyes.

"Promise?" Sejoon asked. Sehun nodded.

"Now go back to your room, Sejoon. Hyung needs to sleep" Sehun pushed Sejoon lightly towards the door. Sejoon stopped in front of Sehun's room and give a sign for Sehun to kneel down. Sehun kneeled down and Sejoon give him a peck.

"Rest well, hyung" he said cutely and run away from Sehun. Sehun chuckled and get inside his room. He closed the door and throw his bag to the chair. He jumped to his bed and sighed.

True to be told, Sehun likes dancing. He thought that with dancing, he will be more open-minded and feel calmer. His parents know that Sehun likes dancing. They want Sehun to go for his dream, to be a dancer. But Sehun is in a dilemma. He wants to focus on his studies, but he wants to be a dancer too.

Sehun got up and took his phone out of his bag. He searched thru his playlists and play a song. He started dancing freely in front of the mirror.

Kai

A young man is seen deep in thought with earphones plugged on his ears. He moved his body a little, enjoying the song.

"Hey." one of his friends poked him and that young man stucked out his earphone.

"What?" he asked to his friend.

"It's time to perform. Are you ready?" his friend asked. He nodded with a smirked playing on his face.

He, Kai, followed his friends and stand in front of the crowd. One of Kai's friend named Chanyeol put down the amplifier and grab a microphone. Chanyeol gave another microphone to Kai and Baekhyun, another friend of Kai. The people around them is looking at them confusely. Chanyeol hit the microphone several times to draw people's attention.

"Good evening, everyone. I am Chanyeol. This is Kai" he pointed at Kai and Kai bowed a little. "And this is Baekhyun" he then pointed at Baekhyun. "And today we are going to perform something for you guys. Me here is going to do some explosive rap, Kai is going to dance, and Baekhyun is going to sing"

"Explosive rap my " Kai grumbled and Chanyeol hit his hand. "Sorry" he chuckled and Chanyeol shrugged. The crowd gave them a round of applause and Baekhyun played the background music. Everyone start cheering for them.

Kai danced freely. Sometimes he joined Chanyeol to do rap. The crowd cheers happily when suddenly Kai's eyes are fixed on a pair of brown eyes belong to a man among the crowd. That man looked away and bumped on someone. Kai chuckled and continue dancing. When the performance ended, most of the people gave them some money. Kai searched for that man, the man whom he saw earlier.

"Kai! Come here!" Chanyeol called him. Kai shrugged and went to Chanyeol.

"Yea?" he asked.

"We got a lot of money today! Let's go get drinks!" Chanyeol said happily and Baekhyun nodded beside him.

"Wow, really? Alright! I heard there's a new club around here. Let's go there!" he said as he embraced both of his friends and went for a drink.

--

"You're trying for an audition?" Kai asked Baekhyun in disbelief. Baekhyun just nodded. "Are you sure?"

"Well yeah, i've been dreaming of being a singer so i guess i should just give it a try?" Baekhyun answered and took a sip of his beer. "Besides, i don't think i want to go to college yet. I don't know, i just don't feel like it" he continued.

"Why not just stay like this?" Kai asked confusely. Baekhyun shrugged and didn't give him answer.

Kai took a sip of his beer and stared at Chanyeol who just sit beside him silently. "What about you then?" he asked.

"I don't know. My parents want me to stop being a street performer." he answered barely audible for Kai to hear. Kai sighed in disbelief.

"Are we splitting guys?" Kai asked straight to the point. Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol are lost for words. "Are we?" Kai asked one more time.

"No Kai, listen. It's just that i think it's not enough for me just by being a street performer. I want to be more than that. You know what i mean?" Baekhyun asked. Kai looked away. "Let's just think positive now, Kai. We need to be more than this."

"Those people love us, us as street performers." Kai answered while making an eye contact with Baekhyun.

"But we can be more than that." Chanyeol interrupted. "Kai i think you can be a good dancer and rapper in the future, why not go for an audition?" Chanyeol asked.

"I don't- I'm not going to leave you guys" Kai answered. "We've been together for quite a long time. How am i supposed to leave both of you?"

Baekhyun sighed. "But i'm still going to try for an audition"

"And i'm still considering to help my parents with their business" Chanyeol stated. Kai frowned and shook his head lightly while looking at both of his friends.

"So we are splitting, aren't we?" Kai chuckled. "Of course we are." he put down his glass. When he was about to leave Baekhyun grab his wrist.

"Kai, wait!" Baekhyun stopped him but Kai pulled his hand away.

"I love being a street performer, guys. You just don't understand me. I thought we are friends?" he said and he left the club immediately, leaving both Baekhyun and Chanyeol who lost for words.

 

 


Hey guys!

Yes, Pursuit of Revery chapter 1 is up! I've been saving this chapter in draft since months ago! I've been trying to gathered ideas for this story and i finally have time to post this up! Thank you for waiting patiently! I promise i'll try to update once a week! But if i fail to update it once a week please forgive me! ;(

So yeah, see you in next chapter!

Bonus for you all who have been waiting for this story!