Bad Day

Illegal Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A bad day starts form the moment you wake up until you close your eyes at night. Unluckily Donghae was about to endure the longest and worst day of his existence. For years he has been dreaming of going to college, and now he is about to go again his day turned to something that wished him to come back to Korea. It started off with Jessica yelling, punching and kicking him to get up because he will be late for school, when school started in two hours. Apparently, he needed there to be early, when his school was only 10 minutes away. Oh how punctual and accurate his wife had to be. 

“Morning honey,” Jessica welcomed Donghae in a sarcastic matter as he took a seat at the dining table.

“Good morning to you to, wife,” Donghae bitterly greeted his wife. They both posed a weird relationship, they would mock, irritate or pull pranks on each other but secretly they share the same desire of looking after each other. This can be seen as Jessica greets Donghae in an unpleasant matter, but wakes up early to make him breakfast, lay out his clothes and help him prepare for his first day of school.

Today, is the day the two have to start school. Jessica has to resume her classes at university of San Fransisco, where she is into her 4th year of being in a primary school teacher degree. While Donghae is heading to an international school of design and engineering. A school Mr. Jung has applied him into. 

The wife waited until her husband finished his meal, from what she was seeing he was enjoying every bite. Being the good wife she was, when Donghae finished she got his plate and other used plate and took it all the kitchen sink to wash it. Donghae followed carrying other dishes that Jessica’s two hands couldn’t get. 

She didn’t wash it, she piled the plates and faced Donghae. “I need your help,” it wasn’t an question, more like an order coming from the wife. Since Jessica needed help, Donghae of course not only needed to help the girl, but also wanted to. So he followed her to the living room where a massive picture of Jessica and Donghae standing closely together in their wedding artery was sitting in a large golden frame. It was a picture from the wedding, after they got married a photographer shot some pictures of them together. However, Jessica wanted a large version of this as she knew that it would be a good source of evidence of their marriage when someone comes over their house. Who knows, the immigration might make an appearance at their house or even Ren, now that he knows Jessica’s relationship status. 

“I want you to hang it up for me,” Jessica pointed to the big frame that got delivered to the apartment before Donghae was viscously woken by his wife. With a relationship like theirs, Donghae would have said something sarcastic by now, but this was Donghae and Jessica; and Donghae and Jessica posses a complicated relationship where they pretend to hate each other to their faces but they both know they care for each other like brother and sister. Instead of making some smart remark, Donghae took no chances and quickly nailed a nail through the wall to hold up the picture frame. When he finished he put the massive photo up and with Jessica’s directions, the picture was up in a straight position. 

“Happy?” Donghae stepped down from the couch that was supporting his height and stood next to Jessica. Donghae’s day was going to get worse even before he left the house, when the girl he loves mentions words he didn’t want to hear. “No,” Jessica said so softly making Donghae quickly turn to her seeing what truly is wrong. She was simply looking at the wedding photograph of her and her husband with a very sad smile. “Getting married to you made me realize I made a mistake with Ren, I should of said yes to marrying him when he first asked. I want to experience a married life with Ren.” 

Donghae is still unsure of his feelings with Jessica, does he like Sun or Jessica? It was still unknown to him. He described Sun as the girl he currently loves, but Jessica as the girl that he never stopped loving. It may seem confusing, but the two descriptions are not really far apart. However, those words that Jessica spoke did hurt him, in some way or another. 

—-

The question isn’t about who he loved the longest, or who he loves the most. Donghae needed to know, why his feelings can jump from one girl to another, why his heart is putting him in a difficult position or why is it hard for him to forget either one of them. He was torn between two girls, one that he loved and actually dated, and the other who he loved but loved him but thought of him as a brother. 

He loved Jessica, ever since she was introduced to him. He was the only one Jessica could tolerate, and he was the only one who could tolerate Jessica. However when those periods of Jessica’s presence is not by his side, he manage to find love with another girl. But did he ever love Sun? Or did he just loves being in love? Or is Sun was used as a distraction from him feelings of Jessica’s absences?

Donghae was overwhelmed with his own thoughts and feelings, since it isn’t a far walk Donghae walked to school using Jessica’s directions. Due to his mind being occupied with his thoughts, a car he did not see stopped in front of him before he crossed the road. Almost, Donghae could have been hit but luckily the driver of the vehicle was on full alert and stopped before he truly hit Donghae. He didn’t get hit, but ended up copping heavy abuse from the driver for not watching where he’s going.

“Are American’s always this rude?” Donghae asked himself and continued to walk to school. The school wasn’t that big, it looked like an ordinary school. It wasn’t fabulous but it was enough for Donghae to attend to, it was that or nothing. He entered the school gates along with the many different race of international students that went to that school. He knew this day was going to be a start of a great life, he entered those gates with high hopes. 

—-

The long day of tutorials and ongoing boring lectures finally finished for the day for Jessica. She came out of the library after borrowing a text book, as she walked down the open halls of her college. Jessica was ready to leave school, her friends from her lecture invited her out for some dinner but Jessica rejected the offer, as she has to go home and make dinner for her husband. Even though they have a hate/ love relationship, Jessica wants and would treat Donghae the best accommodation. She knows that this may not only be a burden for her, but for him too. So feels sorrow for him that he has to marry a nasty girl like her, so looking after him like she truly married him was the best she could do. Also to make up the kindnesses, the patience and generosity Donghae has given her since they were kids, something would take Jessica a lifetime to pay. 

As she rushed along the empty hallways she was stopped by three tall man dressed in black suits. Automatically Jessica knew who they were, Ren’s secur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter