Uncontrollable Smiles

Illegal Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure you want me to do it?” Jessica asked through the phone.

Donghae walked in mid conversation, he took his breakfast and decided to eat in the backyard under the some shade and on a table. Jessica already occupied the seating area already eating her breakfast and reading her magazine. She was on the phone, knowing that the wedding is now less then a month away the phone call had something to do with the wedding.

Donghae just ignored the presence of the other one and just continue to sit on the other side of Jessica causing her to make a smug look towards him. “Yes, well don’t worry,” Jessica continued to talk on the phone, “Donghae and I will be there,”

Donghae looked up to Jessica as he heard his name. It definitely was another wedding task, probably elected by Ren or Sun for Jessica and Donghae to do. The point of electing the two to be apart of this wedding was to bring the two together but lately Jessica has been doing all the work. She’s meant to do these tasks with Donghae the other wedding planner but she’s been keeping it all a secret from Donghae to avoid having to work with him so closely.

“Okay I’ll see you later then,” Jessica fib her farewells as she hanged up on the phone.

“Who was that?” Donghae quickly jumped in as soon as the call ended.

“No one,” the ice princess answered as she continued to eat her breakfast and reading her magazine. 

“But you mentioned my name, was it Ren or Sun?”

“It was no one,” Jessica explained once again loosing her patients with him.

“Why are you leaving me out of this wedding, I just have enough say as you do,” Donghae explained getting a little antsy. Admittedly Jessica leaving him at home all day is boring him. If he has to watch Frozen one more time with Mia, he will drill his head against a wall. “Because they fired you,” Jessica lied to get him off her back.

“They didn’t tell me so you’re lying,” Donghae teased as he poke his tongue out like a little boy.

“But I’m being serious, Ren and Sun don’t see contribute to the wedding anymore  so they told me to tell you you're fired and as a party planner you at it,”

“Hey! They only don’t see me contributing towards the wedding because you never tell me what I have to do,” Donghae pointed out, slightly getting a little more angrier. Jessica has known him long enough to know how to push his buttons which she was definitely doing well in. 

“Just please Jessica, I know you don’t want to work with me but we have to for the sake of our friends,” Donghae said after taking a deep breath and calming down. From memory, Jessica ad Donghae’s married was based on constant bickering, they would then laugh about it at a later date then come back again to bickering the next day. This time it was different, this isn’t playful bickering, this is Jessica throwing jabs at Donghae because she was still upset at him. For Donghae it was okay, it reminded him of the happier times when they use to bicker like crazy.

“Fine!” Jessica gave up, she knew she would not win against Donghae hes just as stubborn as her. “You can come, but you're not allowed to talk to me okay while we are out?”

Donghae just saluted her with his hands, “yes mam,”

Jessica was disinterested with the conversation as soon as Donghae agreed to her conditions. She just continued to read from her magazine and forget about everything else. “What are you reading?” Donghae asked making his ex wife roll her eyes.

“What happened to not talking to me?”

“You said while we are out, we haven’t left the house yet so I can talk to you whenever I want,” Donghae cheekily grined knowing it will anger the other. Indeed it did tick Jessica off. She sighed in annoyance and threw her magazine on the table. Admittedly she was getting annoyed by Donghae’s presence, deep down she was trying hard not to show some sort of smile. Her ex husband still had his charm, he still knows how to make her smile uncontrolaby.

Just stay calm, don’t let his get to you. He’s evil and you’ll never hear the end of it when he makes you smile.
Jessica kept thinking in her head.

Jessica just ignored him and picked up her phone and scrolled through her social media. She was waiting for it, another remark by Donghae about her doing something but after a few seconds without hearing Donghae’s voice she looked up to see what he was doing that was keeping him quiet. She found him reading through the magazine that Jessica just had in her hand. It was cosmo magazine that included celebrity gossip, fashion and life advice. 

“Are you alright there, going through my magazine?” Jessica asked rising an eyebrow.

“It’s interesting what it says here,” Donghae pointed out with yet another cheeky grin. It did cause Jessica to be prepared with what he has to say next. “It says here a person in their life time fall in love twice,” Donghae continued reading the passage out loud.

“And?” Jessica eyed him. She believed she's just wasted her time listening to something that isn’t true.

“Nothing it just caught my eye,” Donghae smiled as he continued to read the magazine to himself more.

“What is it?” Jessica slammed her hand on the table. She could see Donghae smiling for a few seconds and it was bugging her. She knew him so well that she knew he has something to sarcastic to say and it was annoy her by him not saying it. D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter