Moving On

Illegal Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

guys listen to miracles in December by EXO while reading this chapter, or any SNSD ballad. It will make things ten times sadder. Trust me, try writing this while listening to these sad song. OMG.

 

 

 

Jessica watched the removalist move the boxes that contained items from her apartment she once shared with Donghae. One by one she watched each cardboard box leave her apartment, causing her heart some pain. In those boxes contained remains of memories she had with her past husband. 

 

She knew from the start of the marriage that there was going to be an end to this road. Who knew things would change, who knew opposites do attract and they ended up falling in love with each other? Jessica shouldn’t feel upset by this, especially knowing the fact that she was only contracted to stay married to him for a year and no longer then a year. That was a promise she kept with her parents. Even though this marriage was destine to finish within a year, things have changed in that year. Unexpectedly Jessica thought that once her parents understood her relationship with Donghae, they would understand her. It shocked her how far her parents have gone to keep her apart from her husband, even if it took away her happiness. It shocked her even more how Donghae sided with them. It’s like he gave up, he threw away all his promises. It’s like she has been cheated on.

Jessica didnt want to leave, she just wanted everyone to stop moving these boxes that hold special memories to her. These boxes held a year's worth of memory with Donghae. Each of them are drifting from her, a metaphor of what Donghae is in her life. Like the boxes Donghae is now just a memory, slowly he is drifting away from her. As much as she wants to get it back, theres nothing she can do.

Jessica couldn’t bare to watch the boxes leave her apartment. What is she meant to do after this? Even though before she had plans of leaving New York a few months ago, her plans changed when she decided to let Donghae tumble her walls down. Now her plans of spending forever with Donghae are now over, what is she meant to do? 


She can’t spend all her time crying over these boxes, or her failed marriage. She’s the ice princess for crying out loud! The ice princess is known to brush off the people that don’t want her in her life. With Donghae deciding to quit this marriage, it was obvious he doesn’t want her. She should just ignore this, just pretend that Donghae didn’t break her heart. However, being with Donghae for so long, he changed her heart into a soft one.

The ice princess was feeling emotion something very unusual. “Honey, I need you to pack your clothes,” Jessica looked up at her mother who was inviting her to come into her room. The room that she once slept in with Donghae. The room where every night she would fall asleep in Donghae’s arms and wake up the next morning still in them. 

 

Walking in this room was so hard for Jessica to endure but she had to. “Honey, where do you want me to put these clothes?” Jessica’s mother asked. Jessica has been blanking out lately, due to the fact that she is still in shock with her scurrent situation.

“Jessica-“

“I don’t care!” Jessica snapped. “Put it wherever! you’re in control, even my marriage right?”

Jessica mother has finally gotten use to Jessica’s random outburst's, she has been trying so hard to keep clam and tame her daughter. The amount of things her daughter has yelled at her, thrown at and but mrs Jung has tried her best to remain her cool. She believes that her daughter will get over this petty love and will find a more real and trustworthy love later in her life with a diplomat, a successful business man.

Donghae was like her anchor that was bringing her down. In mr Jung’s eyes he wasn’t seen as the type to carry the his business successfully. In Mr Jung’s eyes, he is doing only what is best for his daughter. Sure it did tear his heart apart upon seeing how distort his little princess looks, but he knows in the long run she will thank him. 

 

However it’s been a week since Jessica and Donghae announced their divorce and Jessica is still reacting as if she is the victim in this ‘fake marriage’. Mr Jung broke off this marriage knowing that his daughter is slowly falling in love with the pauper. However, he didn’t think that she would react this way, that her feelings for him is much deeper then he thought it was. 

 

The news have been broken to the general public, people who are in this world that Jessica lives in are sadden with the message. They all followed the couple thinking they were cute. They also believed that Donghae was the best for Jessica as he changed her cold hearted heart.

People who have seen Jessica can see how the break up is affecting her, making the divorce and marriage look very realistic. However, the marriage did feel real and the divorce felt more real. 

 

As she left her room to get away from her crazy mother, she manage to bump into her father whom she is unwilling to forgive. “Jessica…” he held on his daughters wrist to stop her from leaving. Jessica jerked from her fathers hold giving him a cold hearted stare. The man she once looked up to, the man she respected the most ruined his own reputation.

“You need to pack,” as stated before Mr Jung believes that Jessica will get over Donghae one day and will meet a better guy for herself. As for now he is doing his best to consol his daughters broken heart. “What if I don’t want to pack,” Jessica stated in a calm matter. It is taking her every bit of herself to not go agro on her own father.

“But you need to, the lease is up, your husband is…”

“I’M NOT READY TO MOVE!” Jessica’s outburst sent the room quiet. Tears formed on Jessica’s mothers face, tears of worry the fact that her daughter is now out of control. Never has she yelled at her parents like this, she didn’t show any mercy or fear she usually shows.

Jessica continued on as there some things that rested on her that she needed to come out with. “I’m not ready to move because I want to leave what is left of me, I rather be living in this house with stuff that belongs to him, memories that I spent with him then move on because the truth is I will never move on,”

“Jessica Donghae left you, I just said to dirvoce, he’s the one that didn’t fight for it. He’s just a boy, you’ll get over him,”

“Because of you!” Jessica yelled at her father ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter