Chap. 12: Dazed and Confused

Finding happiness and love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV

 

After an hour of trying to convince the three monkeys that I'm perfectly fine, I managed to shoo them away. 

 

A deep sigh came out from me..

My energy was drained that I can't find the will to go out anymore. I was supposed to meet Seunghyun today but thanks to those annoying monkeys, I can't get up anymore from my bed.

I don't know what came over me, but after Yoochun announced Jaejoong's escapade last friday, I blocked out from everything. I didn't understand anything after that.

I was answering and shooing them away robotically. 

 

Bzzzzzzz!

 

I almost jumped out when my phone vibrated. I opened it and saw a text message from Seunghyun.

 

*See you at our favorite place, 3 pm. I'll be waiting.*

 

 

Damn! And it's almost quarter to 3!! 

Oh God! What to do? I'm becoming more confused by the second.

 

I was all set this morning on meeting up with him but when I saw Jaejoong I couldn't help but feel guilty. I'm not sure what it is, but it's like I'm betraying him for not asking his opinion about this. 

Seunghyun had told that he got my number from Jaejoong the day before we accidentally met at school. Meaning he had seen Jaejoong before me. I should get mad at Jaejoong for not mentioning anything about Seunghyun, but surprisingly, there was nothing. I just felt empty that he did not attend school that day.

 

 

"Jaejoong's right. I'm becoming a nutshell."I muttered to myself

 

 

I decided to go out. There's no use staying here, I'll just rot and get even more confused so why not leave so I can calm my nerves and clear my mind right?

 

Before getting inside the car, I put a lipstick so I won't look pale. My heart was throbbing the whole ride. I can't quite point the reason but I guessed it has to do with Seunghyun.

 

 

I haven't seen or heard from the guy for years. I wrote him letters but stopped eventually when I got no response from him.

He was very dear to me, so it's only reasonable that I get hurt when he cut off all connections from me.
Which got me to questioning the reason why he is here and the reason why he wants to see me.

He distanced himself which got me thinking that he doesn't want to be friends with me. That he doesn't want me in his life anymore.

So it was a puzzle for me that he was bent on seeing me again

 

It was hardly a minute of chitchat when we saw each other at school as he was scheduled to a meeting with the head of the school. He just told me eagerly to see him at our favorite place this sunday and then we bid our goodbyes like the usual..

Like we didn't talk for so long, like he didn't leave me hanging here, wondering why he suddenly shut me off.

 

 

The pain had always been there, always lingering in my heart. But today, with my forthcoming date with him, it's slowly fading away. 

I have always reminded myself that when I see him again, I will punch him so hard that it will leave a mark on him forever so he won't ever forget me, like he did the past years. But when I saw him, there was only shock and excitement, the anger wasn't there anymore

Maybe because, finally I have him back. Maybe because, there will be another chance for us. To patch things up. To patch 'us' up.

 

 

I breathed in when the car stopped signalling me that I have arrived at our meeting place. My eyes wandered to the swing under the tree and saw Seunghyun waving excitedly at me almost jumping at his place. A smile crept up to my face. 

 

What a damn idiot!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter