ONE

All Arranged
EunHye's P.O.V
 
I walked through the building with my chin high and smirked as my heels made a satifying click-clack sound on the marble floors. 
 
"JinYoung-ssi." I heard my assistant call. 
 
I stopped and swivled around to face her. "Yes, TaeRi?"
 
I watched her carefully as she bowed. "A Mr. Kim HyunWoon is waiting in your office along with JongKeun-ssi," said TaeRi, as she handed me a file folder. 
 
"What is this?" I asked turning to walk again. 
 
"Documents for JongKeun's new proposal–"
 
I stopped abruptly, cutting off her scentence. "Remind me why I haven't fired him."
 
"He signed a 6 year contract with your father."
 
I sighed and continued walked to the elevator. "My father and his long contracts..."
 
"Buzz my receptionist and tell her to bring Kim HyunWoon a coffee or something while you give me a short debrief on him," I told TaeRi. 
 
Obeying, she called my receptionist. "Where do I begin?" she asked, flipping through her notes. 
 
"The beginning. Make it detailed, but short. Only tell me about things that concern me and this company. We have 54 levels until we reach my office."
 
Nodding, she began her profiling. "Kim HyunWoon, 21, up and coming campain artist. Very good with artistical aspects of things and getting what he wants and/or what the company he's working for wants. Graduated from Seoul University a year and a half early, is now looking for work. Was recommended to you by KyuRin. She said he could be a great asset to your advertisement team."
 
"Ah KyuRin, always recommending people from her class but never herself," I sighed. My best friend can be such an idiot sometimes. "See to it that NamSeok gets JongKeun out of my office. I'll deal with him later."
 
I pull off my sun glasses as the elevator reaches the 54th floor and hand them to TaeRi. Well, here goes another busy day with endless meetings and phone calls. I thought.
 
I pass NamSeok on the way to my office. "JongKeun has been sent to the Distribution department JinYoung-ssi."
 
I nod and enter my office. Inside, I find a Blond haired semi-tan man sitting on the edge of my desk playing with my name plate. I cross my arms and clear my throat, but he doesn't move. 
 
"Hello JinYoung."
 
My arms fall to my sides and I stride over and sit on my chair. "Is there something I can help you with HyunWoon-ssi?"
 
"Yes," he answered. "There seems to be a mistake." 
 
Confused, I sit upright. "And that mistake is...?" 
 
He slid off my desk and placed my name plate back and looked me dead in the eyes. "I do not want to be an 'asset' to your Advertisement division. I want to be the head of the Advertisement division."
 
As he said this, I noticed he had spread his files along my desk. "Impressive, but you haven't worked big business yet. Why would I put my company's ads in the hands of an amateur?"
 
He squinted. "Maybe an amateur is what you need."
 
After thoroughly looking through his work, I snapped the folder shut. "I'll make you a deal." 
 
Upon hearing this, he sat down, patiently waiting for me to continue. 
 
"I will sign a two month contract with you, written by my assistant of course and if your ads raise my sails by more than 6% within those two months, I'll give you a job."
 
Knawing on his lip, he looked at me and nodded. "You've got yourself a deal, JinYoung-ssi."
 
We both stood and shook hands. "Please come back to my office on next Monday so you can sign the contract."
 
*Later that day*
 
I had made it through my day without encountering JongKeun and his idiotic proposals and had TaeRi begin writing HyunWoon's contract. Now, it's 2:27 and I have to pick up YongMin from school. 
 
"Have a good evening JinYoung-ssi," NamSeok called after me. Wanting to leave, I didn't stop, but waved my hand above my head. 
 
I entered the elevator and pressed 1. 
 
I was at the 13th floor when the elevator came to a slow stop. What's going on? 
 
The doors slid open to reveal a dashing young man. The accident 5 years ago has put my parents at the front of my mind, putting men at the very back. I could admit he was handsome, but the way he held himself annoyed me. Who walks around with their chin held so high? And in my building no less. 
 
"Sorry," the guy said as he reached infront of me to click 'P1'. 
 
9 floors of awkward silence, until my phone rang. I pulled it out and checked the ID. "Incoming call from KyuRin." I hit answer waited for my phone to connect. "Hello?" 
 
"EunHye-ah!" KyuRin yelled into the phone earning me a look from the handsome man. 
 
"Yah, Park KyuRin. Keep your voice down or you'll be paying for my hearing aids," I said, rolling my eyes. "What do you want anyway?" 
 
"Did you meet him?" she asked excitedly. 
 
"Who?" That's when I remembered. "Oh! HyunWoon-ssi. Yes, I did." 
 
"Sooooo...? What do you think?" 
 
I rolled my eyes. "He was cocky, but I made him a 2 month deal."
 
"Isn't he hot?!" she squeeled. 
 
Hearing what she said I sighed in realization. "This was another set up?" 
 
She stayed silent. 
 
"Really, KyuRin, I'm not ready for a relationsh–"
 
"Are you going to exit the elevator or what?" said a voice. 
 
I looked up noticing how close the man was as he held the elevator doors open. 
 
"S-sorry." I bowed and quickly exited the elevator. Wait... did I just bow? Did I just say sorry? 
 
"Yah! EunHye-ah! Who are you saying sorry to? And you're studdering too? What's wrong with you?" KyuRin asked. 
 
"There was an elderly man on the elevator and he held the door for me. I need to respect my elders at least."
 
"Whatever. I'm coming to your house tonight–"
 
"You didn't pay the water bill, did you?" I asked as I made my way to my private car. 
 
"Yes... no."
 
"I told you that you could just come stay with me! KyuRin! Move into the spare bedroom!" I scolded her. 
 
"But EunHye–"
 
"No, KyuRin, this happens all the time. You took care of me when I went through those bad times in University and the least I can do is give you a place to live without worries."
 
"Fine," she said, finally giving in. 
 
I smiled. "I'll send my guards to gather your things and you'll move in tonight."
 
"See you tonight," KyuRin replied cheerfully. 
 
I hung up my phone and looked out the window of the already moving car. I can't believe I just said sorry to that guy. What was going through my head? And if that wasn't bad enough, I bowed. 
 
I shook the thoughts out of my head as the car approached YongMin's school. 
 
Hello everyone ~
So... this chapter, along with maybe the next few chapters are going to be more introducing the characters and their personalities, the plot and the setting. I hope you'll enjoy! Sorry I didn't update right at 8pm. I was dying my hair :)