And It's True

Subconsciously Love-Stricken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi... lol I don't know what to say. It's been months, how's everyone doing? XD I kind of feel like a stranger at writing, some things have changed around here. I sorted and altered some parts but it won't affect that much. I'm sorry for being the lazy that I am. This is an update, I guess.

 

 

 


YOONA'S POV


It is hard to figure people out.


One moment they're being nice, the next second they're heaping all their anger on you. A second they are talking to you calmly, the next thing you'll know they're screaming at you — right at your face. I find it difficult to deal with this kind of people; you have no idea where to place yourself at.


Of course, I'm talking about one particular person. Yes. She's that. She's often got me questioning myself if every single thing I do is wrong. Or if my mere existence is a mistake in itself.


That's her effect.


It has got me wondering how she managed to make people feel that way. Make people feel they're... rubbish. Not that I'm affected by her remarks that much, it's just, you would see in her employees' expression that her words managed to pierce to the very core, and it's obvious that it wasn't a very good feeling to be in the receiving end of it. It can be real offensive sometimes. I don't know if she means them but, words from will get to you most of the time.


Jessica Jung.


Good Lord. I don't know how everything wound up into all these. I have no idea how I ended up with her.


As far as I remember, TaeYeon got me as a one of the supervisors of her engineering department when I told her I got a degree. She said I need it as some sort of training and didn't hesitate putting me in the position — which is quite a rank for a newbie — and I didn't complain. I wouldn't complain because I don't have all the money in the world right now. It's been four months. I was burden enough in her house and— yeah, enough said.


As I was saying, I was Kim TaeYeon's worker, not Jessica Jung's. Tae has been tagging me along during their private meetings — I don't know why that is — so I was always seeing Jessica and actually experiencing her wrath first hand. 


Jessica has always made her distaste towards me so obvious everyone else in either company knew about it. And the fact that she can't stand being in the same room as me for more than an hour or so was already printed in history books. She even declared that I don't deserve working under TaeYeon, says I'm too inexperienced to handle anything.


So it floored me how I am standing in front of her right now, waiting for her to say something, demand orders whatsoever, because TaeYeon said that starting today — at this very day — I am Jessica Jung's employee.


I'd be actually delighted if they would rather place me in the maintenance department doing the janitor's job, not here, as this very woman's assistant. yes, assistant. I'm a Mechanical Engineering graduate and I have no clue how it made a freaking sense. I've nothing against secretarial duties, I just don't know how to perform them myself. Moreover, she still has her real secretary so I'm wonderin' what my actual role is in here.


"Im YoonA, yes?"


Awesome. She still doesn't know my name. Or maybe she just refused to admit that she knows the name of the person she's considered lowly — well, she said I'll always be a lowly individual in her eyes. Jessica Jung has an excessively high regard for herself I'm amazed some people can still tolerate her. She can be real conceited at most times.


Her face and body are tolerable, yes. I admit, she's... a very gorgeous woman. Just don't— goodness, just don't ever allow her to talk or everything else good about her will hardly matter.


"Yes, that's me."


Jessica's gaze lingered at my face for a moment before she averted it from me, eyes darting towards her laptop as though to check on something, then slowly brought it back at my face and rested it there. "I daresay you do know why you're here?" Jessica's voice is the kind that gives you the creeps and even if I have acted cool around it the second encounter, I was trembling inside, to be honest.


I managed a small nod and opened my mouth to croak out another simple yes but she waved a rather dismissive hand at me, pushing a beige folder towards my direction. I exhaled a breath that I was unconsciously holding in and took a step closer to her table, eyeing her — not the folder — as she sat there, looking imperturbable as always.


"That's your job description and there's also the non-disclosure agreement. Attach your signature on the NDA and you may go," Jessica spoke in an imperative way that will either make you cower or annoyed on how she blurts the words. She made it sound as though you have no choice but to follow what she says because it's an order that nobody shan't defy, at least, that's in her vantage point.


"Why did you hire—"


"I'm telling you beforehand that it isn't on your job description to ask nonsensical questions, Im YoonA. So just put a sock in it."


See what I'm talking about? She just didn't speak authoritatively but did it in a bloody rude way. It makes me wonder what goes in her mind every time she acts like this. I wonder if she knew how she could offend people with her words.


I wonder if she could ever give a about anyone else's feelings.


"Why hire me now?" I could be stubborn if I want to. But I kept that character to myself when I went here because TaeYeon's such a good friend I couldn't disappoint her. She's done so many things for me and this is the only thing I can do for her without her refusing. "I thought you dislike me too much?"


Dagger-like glares were sent my way as she ever so slowly swung on her chair, then stood up and deliberately trudged her way to my side. I fancy the look on her eyes. It's always fierce and it can manage making people's knees wobble, but not in a bad way — for me, at least. 


"Are you gonna drop it at once if I say that is actually the reason?"


Sure, I was taken aback by what she had said but I was also well aware of the close proximity of our bodies that I just gaped down at her as a meaningful, devious smirk took its time breaking out on her face. I heard what she said; I just don't get what she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter