Where It Landed

Subconsciously Love-Stricken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


JESSICA'S POV 


Another goddamn boring day in my office. So many papers to sign, proposals to review, board meetings, stupid staffs, freaking ugly faces.


Damn. What. a. routine.


Yet... I couldn't complain much. What can I say? This is my life. I was raised — maybe even born — to succeed and run this company since I was the firstborn of the Jung heiresses.


Yes, I have a sibling. And I think y'all know who she is so I won't waste my time mentioning her name. Just as gorgeous as I am like what people say, but I don't actually believe them. Quite taller than me that she used to tease me about — kinda envy her for that, ugh.


She's now a second year uni student at Pusan National University, having the time of her life taking up her dream course, Architectural Design. And why am I talking about her just now?


Well, I just wanna have someone to blame for my misery. She's living up to her dream while me, I was forced to take up Business Management just because I'm the older one! And I was thrown to Harvard for years just to study when I didn't want to leave. I really wanted to pursue Fashion Design but our parents didn't allow me and she was permitted to do whatsoever she wanted. Why is life so unfair?!


Okay. So I am beautiful everyone can attest to that but—


ing hell— Who is this freak banging on my door in the middle of my self-pitying?! Where the hell's my assistant?! Oh Lord, duff people everywhere.


The door slowly opened and a head poke inside. A pair of eyes scanned around my office until it landed on its target that I'm more than sure was me. Then, that oh-so familiar smirk that I grew to hate crawled on that face. Psh. What is this MVP doing here?!


"Hello there, Ex!" the jerk greeted like the total jerk that she is and made herself comfortable in my office, sitting with her legs crossed on my couch as if she's the boss in here.


"Here again, Soo?" I asked in exasperation, rolling my eyes when I noticed that her gaze was fixed on the ed area of my blouse and— the freaking nerve of this maniacal jerk to her lips like that!


"Well, I missed you, Ex. I hadn't paid a visit for weeks now that is why," she reasoned and I returned it with the evil glare that I'm famous for. Uh, ever wonder why she kept on calling me that annoying "Ex" term of hers? I guess you already know. She was my girlfriend. Five months ago. And why did I dub her as "MVP"?


Because she is.


She's the Most Valuable Player of the modern world that's why we broke up. She cheated on me with that big-busted brunette she met on a dyke bar and I saw it with my own eyes — they're practically eating each other's faces. And since I can easily forgive and forget as everyone already knew, I don't care about her and escapades now. But she kept on coming here telling me that she wanna have some fun with me "for old times’ sake".


The , right?


But I'm somehow curious where she had been these past three weeks that she hadn't showed her irritating face up.


"I've missed you, too. A lot, really," I threw at her sarcastically and shot her a curious look. "Where have you been anyway? Got tired of hanging around? Found a new victim, huh? Or you just hooked up with one of the kids because you're too you can't help it?" I don't know if my eyes fooled me but I caught a red tint on her cheeks but in a blink was immediately replaced by her cocky grin again.


But I could've sworn..! She blushed momentari— Ugh. Why am I even thinking? Why would she blush with those simple questions? And the fact that she hardly ever blushed because she's always the cool-acting, full-of-herself moronic horndog.


"Twenty questions, Ex? Hm, that's new. You're interested in me now?" she asked cockily as she again her lips, wriggling her eyebrows. Of course, another roll of my precious eyes at her idiotic thinking.


"Will you stop the bull? I'm just curious since you suddenly got out of the limelight that is so not you," I replied just as cocky. "Seriously, SooYoung? What happened to you? I really thought you already died and I'm just not invited at your wake." I hardly kept a straight face at her scrunched up expression when I said that and the next second, she was glaring at me. I admit, I can offend people sometimes.


"That's so thoughtful of you, Jessica. Well, if you're that curious, I've been very busy with school since we've been having troubles with some of our students' behavior," she said flatly as she rose from where she sat and walked over my table. She now settled on one of the chairs opposite my desk and leant her chin on her palm, staring at me.


"Problems with students? What sort?" Though I really hate to admit it, this fool in front of me is the President and the Director of Student Affairs of the same university my sister is currently attending. It doesn't quite fit for her, yes? She's someone who's neither trustworthy nor respectable no matter how I try to accept the truth that many, mostly students, look up to her as if she's some goddess like me.


"Oh, just some bad habits of the kids when it comes to their classes and their treatment of their professors. They can be mean at times."


"How about Krys? Is she doing fine in school?"


Uh? There it is again. The weird look on her face. It was as though SooYoung stiffened momentarily and I couldn't explain the expression she's having. But she immediately shrugged and flashed me that grin that I'm beginning to really despise now.


"She's doing fine. "You needn't worry about it." 


"Are you sure—" My words were left hanging when my door abruptly flew open that I almost jumped out of my seat in utter surprise. Argh! Now, what is this one here for?!


"Hi, Sica Unnie. Ooh..." Krystal, yes, my sister, turned to look at my visitor and a lopsided smirk instantly crept up her face that I have no clue what for. Really, what's with people these days and they love to freaking smirk?! "Didn't know you're here. Hello there, Ms. Choi..."


SooYoung cleared , though I doubt there's something to clear, and stood up to greet my sister back, smoothing out her skirt as she does so. "Hi, Krystal. How are you doing?" she remarked in an almost formal voice that I rarely ever heard from her and my brow raised on its own.


The hell? A while ago she's acting all jerk to me and now she's this oh-so respectable School Director to my sister?! Ew, I really loathe to see her alter ego. It's so creepy and it makes you cringe when you know what her true colors really are.


"I'm jolly good, Director," Krystal responded and walked up to SooYoung with that odd glint in her eyes. She leant in close to the taller woman that I have to stand from my seat and stop what I think she's planning to do 'cause it's gonna be ing disgusting to look at.


"Whoa, Krys. What the hell are you doing?"


She turned and threw me an innocent stare, and smiled like a bashful little girl. "Uhm, I'll just greet our school director more formally?"


formality.


I'm not having my little sis associated with this maniac of an ex. I latched onto Krystal's arm and dragged her away from SooYoung, bringing her close to me. I shot the most murderous glare I could ever give to SooYoung, silently telling her to just leave or she'll really get it from me. Luckily, the tall girl got the hint and squared her shoulders, smirking one more time at me as she quietly left my office.


SooYoung didn't even spare my sister a glance and when I turned to look at the girl next to me, Krystal was mumbling something incoherent, looking like she's upset or... I just couldn't tell.


"You acted unpleasantly weird earlier, Jung Soojung." I noticed and slid back exasperatedly at my chair, squinting my eyes at her. She jutted her lower lip out and leaned back on my table, crossing her arms.


"What's weird about that?"


"What's weird about that?" I taunted, mimicking her tone as she cringed. Serves you right. "You looked like you were about to kiss your school director! And for 's sake Krys, she's my ex-girlfriend!"


"Unnie! You're thinking too much. I was just supposed to hug her, no more than that," Krystal whined and pouted more. But then, she suddenly snapped her fingers and briskly rummaged through her purse, effectively diverting my attention. "Where is that thing?"


"What is it?" I asked curio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter