Damn Thing

Subconsciously Love-Stricken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


YOONA'S POV


This girl looks so damn familiar. I mean, damn! When I see those blazing eyes a while ago, it felt like déjà vu . Like I've seen it before but I just couldn't rake my brain enough to recall. But those eyes... Really.


They scared me.


She was so gutted I thought I was gonna die in her hands! Yet... who wouldn't get angry with what happened anyways? I just kissed— I mean, my face just landed on that part of her and I too feel like I violated her. I'm not putting any malice on this, we're both girls but, that was just... it was kinda— ugh! I don't know how to put it in words!


I just feel like total dim with what happened! But... she said it's fine. Now, she doesn't look mad at all. She's just... staring at me. No. I think she's zoning out. Though it's a dimly-lighted in here, it's noticeable that her face was turning shades of crimson and her brows knitting together as though she was thoroughly disconcerted of something.


Uh? What happened to her? I really expected her to slap me or do something violent against me, stab me with a knife, fire me with a shotgun, bury me alive; I expected all the worst things she might do to me. Not this kind of weird reaction from her.


"M-Miss, are you alr—" I started to speak but she abruptly, as in almost instantaneously, glared at me that made me stop.


"You."


"Y-Yes?"


"Get out of my way."


Say what?


"Huh?"


"You're— I said get out of my way! Just... just clear off!" she almost screamed and walked past me, accidentally — more like purposely — nudging me to the side.


What the— what kind of girl is that? She's so barmy! One minute she's all enraged and screaming, the next she's saying it's alright, and now she's yelling again?! I can't get her! The bipo— I mean the moody— damn! Whoever-she-is stormed out of the party place, glaring at anyone blocking her way and the unlucky folks went cowering to the side, hanging their heads low even, as she passed by them like a boss. They even trembled a little.


Whoa. Are they that afraid of her? Is she someone important?


"That's my ex. She's scary, but hot, yeah?"


I aboutfaced and there stood SooYoung, smirking widely as she shakes her head. She held my arm then led me back to the counter, requesting more drinks from the bartender. I handed her purse to her, saying she had left it and she thanked me, telling me I shouldn't have bothered.


"So... she happened to be your girlfriend?" I asked curiously, taking a swig on the bottle of champagne, yeah, the bottle itself, to calm my nerves. I'm still kinda upset about the girl's behavior earlier and somewhat thrown why she's acted like that.


"Yeah. We're together for a year. But she found me making out with another girl so she dumped me. But we're okay now. I still visit her once in a while for the sake of annoying her, or maybe score at her one more time," SooYoung grinned smugly and I just cringed at her words. Geez, she's so blunt. And wow, she's rather proud that someone dumped her for being the player that she is.


"Is she always like that?" I asked.


"Like what?"


"Like "bipolar"? I mean, did you see what happened? Her mood swings or— whatever. I don't know how it is called."


"They're not mood swings. It's her normal state. And yes, she's always like that. I just couldn't believe how she is TaeYeon's bestfriend, you know."


I swear I almost the spit the drink in my mouth when SooYoung said that. TaeYeon's what?! Bestfriend?! That girl?! Really?!


"What?! She's TaeYeon's—"


SooYoung chuckled, cutting me off. "Yes. I just said it, right? And I said I couldn't believe it, too. TaeYeon's the happy-go-lucky one while Jessica's the..." she paused and laughed a bit. "I can't explain how she is. Really, her character's so abstruse. Until now, I still can't get her. She's difficult."


"Uhm, that's her name?" I asked yet again, referring to the name she just mentioned.


"Yup. Her name's hot like her, right?"


I ignored her question since I noticed something else. "That's an American name. Is she from the states?"


"Yes. She and her sister were both born in the U.S."


Sister? Really?


"Ooh, now she has a sister? I bet she's just like her?"


SooYoung cast me a weird look and shook her head almost distractedly. "Krystal's different. That kid is way too different than Jessica," she said, more like to herself as her fingers deliberately played with the rim of her shot glass. Minutes passed with none of us talking when she suddenly slid down on the stool and flashed me an, it was like a forced, awkward grin. "I'll just go to the washroom, 'kay?"


I nodded then she left. Eh? What's with her? Actually, what's with the people in this island?! God! They're all freaking me out in their own weird ways! And that Je— Je— .


What's her name again?!


Je— Okay, I...


I totally forgot.



TIFFANY'S POV


Three weeks. Twenty-one days. Six hund— Five hundred and four hours. Thirty thousand two hundred forty minutes. One million eight hundred fourteen thousand four hundred secon— 


Aahhh! I think I've gone crazy! It's been three weeks and not a single shadow of my cousin! Damn. I've called everyone I know. All the travel agencies I know. All the subway stations I know. All the bus companies I kno— okay, I'm already exaggerating but, ugh. I've tried my very best, okay?


It's just that, YoonA's the one making it hard for me since she didn't even leave any trace where she had gone! That kid! I'm so like Tom Cruise now. And this is mission impossible. A very impossible mission that is. I don't even know how I—


"Wait up!" Huh?


I turned to look at the one who shouted and found a blonde girl, quite my height, sprinting towards this elevator that I just rode in. She slipped her foot in just before the door totally closed and it opened again right away. She stepped inside as she chuckled, then looked at me as the door slowly shut.


"I'm sorry for shouting. I'm just on a rush. I forgot something important in my suite," she said and smiled, cute little dimples showing up in her chin. She smiled so charmingly that I had to hold a sigh at her adorable beam. Mind you, I'm literally holding my breath. This girl is just... I don't know.


"Not a problem." I managed a smile back and turned to look straight at the door. Not that I don't wanna talk to her longer, it's just that... the havoc created on my senses by this stranger's sheer presence was... incredible. I'm not saying it's incredible like it's great or amazing or brill, but, it is something I couldn't quite explain.


To begin with, I must not feel this way. Like duh, I already have a girlfriend. I shouldn't be bothering myself with this stranger. Talking about the stranger, she carefully extended her arm and hit the floor button while my gaze followed her movements. She moved so graciously. How can someone be this gracious by just hitting an elevator button?!


27.


Great. We're on the same floor. Same floor! Just great. What if— Oh well, why am I even bothered? It's not like— Wait, did I already say I'm currently checking in on a hotel? Oh yeah, I forgot. My bad.


I'm so stressed about YoonA's whereabouts that it was all I could think of. Uhm, I just checked in to this hotel in Busan since I can't stay in Seoul. I can't stay there since my mom and Uncle will see me. They'll just bombard me with questions about the progress of my "mission impossible" and in turn, I will just disappoint them. I hate disappointing people, especially them. For Pete's sake, it's been weeks now and—


"God! What was that?!" I could barely help but yell in surprise when the elevator suddenly snapped and I almost lost my balance. Then, it abruptly stopped moving.


"Damn," the girl beside me hissed and repeatedly hit the buttons, but nothing happened. She tried many times but still nowt. "Not again."


Not again?! What did she mean by that?! I stared at the girl in horror as I try to reach for something I could hold on to since I'm beginning to get really nervous by now. "W-What's happening? Don't tell me we're stuck in this lift?"


She turned to me and heaved a deep sigh. "I wish I could say no. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter