When Two Eggs Meet

Subconsciously Love-Stricken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


YOONA'S POV


Nearly one hour and twenty minutes had trickled by since I rode this shuttle from Busan Seobu terminal and I'm feeling right knackered now, not just physically but also emotionally. The entire ride, my mind kept on wandering about the things I'd left in Seoul that I didn't really get the chance to nap.


I hate it that I had to leave just because my father is getting married with another woman. I can't accept it that he's already going to replace my mom when she's just left us two years ago. My mom occupied a place in my heart that forever will be hers and the thought of having a stepmother really hurts me big time.


Nah, I'm not being selfish, nor being irrational. Of course, I want my dad to be happy. He deserves it after all the pain he'd been through when we lost my mom. And I know it's not even about me. It is about them.


And I shouldn't be giving a or two.


It's just that... everything was so sudden. Dad just had to throw it up my face like he's simply marrying our dog Buli — which I would've gladly accepted wholeheartedly — and I was left all too caught off guard.


Aish. Nothing makes sense anymore.


All I could do was take in a sigh as the bus finally came to a stop at a local bus shelter and there, I decided to start my journey. I walked for a few minutes and now I'm standing in front of this building marked as "Geoje Museum".


Right. I'm currently standing at the very soil of Geoje Island. I don't even know why I preferred this of all places when it isn't that far from Seoul. I had just seen its shuttle service on the terminal and right then I decided to hop on. Though it’s the second biggest island in South Korea, Geoje-do is not nearly as famous as Jeju-do.


Maybe that's one reason. My dad wouldn't dare think that I would set foot at such a secluded island knowing me. Well, not really that secluded, but I heard this beautiful island offers solitude far from the hustle and bustle of the big cities out there.


And I really need some solitary moment right now. I need that to set my mind off the things I had left when I ran away. Yeah, that's cowardice, I know. But you can't blame me. I just couldn't face any of it right now even if I force myself. Darn, I'm sounding way too much like an emo highschooler and it's unpleasant even in my own ears. 


But what can I do? I just feel so lost like a kid at this instant, I do not have any idea on what to do next. Not like I haven't travelled to any other places before, but this is my first time here in Geoje-do. And truth be known, I'm a little bothered on how I'll be able to live in here.


Financial matters don't 'matter' at all since I'd made sure to draw out a huge amount from my savings before dad got a hint that I'm leaving. I'm sure as hell that he will order to freeze all my accounts as soon as he finds out and the clever that I am won't let that happen. I adjusted my sunglasses and scanned my eyes scrutinizingly around the place, all I see were signs that read "Okpo Village" and stuff. Ugh. I don't even know what place this is. My error — I didn't make any effort to do some research here and there before going.


As the only remedy for the moment, I mustered up the nerve to approach and ask an ahjussi who happened to pass by the spot I'm standing and he looked really good-natured, to say the least.


"Uhm. Excuse me, sir. Uh, may I ask where I can find the nearest place here where I can stay? I mean, an apartment or an inn and such," I asked amicably, somewhat timidly.


The ahjussi smiled at me before answering my question. "Young lady, you could have just taken the 'Blue City Tour'. They provide services that will take you around the main attractions and places in the island and they might help you find a place to stay at. It could've been easier for you."


"A-Actually, I'm not really touring in here. I just want to have a place to stay for a week or so," I told him awkwardly as I rubbed my nape. That's the truth, I'm not planning to be some kind of tourist here. A refugee, that's more like it.


He then nodded thoughtfully, and I'm really glad he's not rude and actually took time answering my inquiry. "I see. There are very few standalone houses and high-rise apartments here. And the rent is high. But if you can afford more, there's Geoje Island Hotel right beside that port and any other hotels about," the ahjussi explained and pointed at a port not far from where we stand. Well, a hotel isn't that bad, I could do with that for the time being.


I showed him a grateful smile and bowed a little, "Thank you for your time, sir..." He just smiled back and went away, such an affable man he is.


Now, I have a place to stay at. I started walking towards the said hotel but when I'm about to cross the street, a loud sound of car horn stopped me from doing so. Then the driver opened the car window and yelled angrily at me. Scratch that, the driver actually yelled as furious as they can be.


"in— do you wanna die, Miss?! Watch where you're ing going!" Then she went on driving at full speed while I stared dumbfounded at the sidewalk.


Yes. A she.


And wow, she got some attitude there. Yelling at someone she doesn't know? She even cussed!
Argh, way to ruin my day! Just nice.


I in a calming breath and went on walking after making sure there are no other vehicles speeding on the road. I don't really need another person ing out on me in my state now. That one's more than enough. One that is.


When I reached the hotel, I immediately checked in and decided to get some sleep before I make myself familiar with the place I'm about to live in for God knows how long.



<><><>



I knew it!


God, this is a very beautiful island...


And I can't believe it's been five good days since I had gone here in Geoje. So far, I'm living a peaceful and happy life loitering around the place every now and then. Not the tourist kind of way though. I'm just living a life. Like how I should be living a daily routine in Seoul. The only difference is, I am here by myself. And a stranger to this place, at that.


Somehow, I miss my daddy. And my bestfriend, SoonKyu. Well, they're the two persons I'm closest with here on earth. Uh... I really want to call Sunny and I hope she would be okay with what I've done, that is, running away from home. I hadn't told her about this because she was in Singapore the day I went off.


So now that I have a new phone, well, I left my old one in my room, I think I have to inform Sunny. I guess, she's already back from her trip. She might be scolding me but sure thing is, she won't tell anyone about me calling her.


After a few attempts, I had finally made it to Sunny's line. It's now lunch time so I figured she's already out of her office for some break. She runs a gaming corporation by the way (the reason why she's my bestfriend XD).


"Yeoboseo? Sunny Lee on the line. Who's this?" came SoonKyu's cutesy voice. I had to chuckle since I can't help it. Really, what's with the aegyo?


"Hi hun, it's me," I answered shortly, hearing a small gasp on the other end.


"YoonA-yah! Omo, where on earth are you? You alright? Your dad's been... well, he's been searching for you all this time. God, he didn't even believe me when I said I know nothing. He's being paranoid with your disappearance on us," Sunny complained and a really heavy sigh escaped from my lips.


Dad... I need some time...


"Sorry, hun, but I can't tell you where I am. I just called to tell you that I'm doing well, don't worry 'bout me. Please, don't tell dad that I called."


"Aish, you. It's not like I will tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter