Chapter 2

There's A Light That Never Goes Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Special agents killed your parents?", asked L.Joe.

Now they're sitting on the river bridge, watching the sun setting by.

"Yeah, when I was 10. They said my parents involved in a secret organization...", said Niel.
"F-Gen?", said L.Joe.
"Yes, F-Gen... bull aren't they, there are no F-Gen at the first place... I hate this country, what are they doing to us, dragging us into war, killing people for something they didn't do. My dad was a priest and my mother was just an ordinary mother... how could they're killed like that?!. My dad used to be in organization helping refugees... is that a wrong thing?", said Niel while gazing to the faraway sky, try to hold on his tears.
"This country indeed. Government are rats", said L.Joe.
"I do hate them. I hate Special Agents... those genetically enhanced people... are they still humans? their blood is stained from the moment they born", said Niel.
"You hate them that much?", said L.Joe.
"Special Agents? yeah of course... they killed my parents! disgusting pile of . I will kill them in spree if I had a chance", said Niel.
"Really...", said L.Joe, sinking his head into deep thoughts.

Niel's looking at L.Joe.
"Why? you have deep hatred to Special Agents too?", asked Niel.
"In some way, yeah... but there are a lot more that you don't know about Special Agents", said L.Joe.
"What? tell me tell me", said Niel enthusiastically.
"Not all of them grown to be a perfect genetically enhanced being", said L.Joe.
"Then what differences does it make? in their blood still flowing the governmental genetic signature. They still have barcode on them", said Niel.
"But they... ah, forget it", said L.Joe.
"Eh, hyung... let's go off from this country", said Niel.
"Huh? where? how?", L.Joe chuckled.
"I don't know... start everything new...", said Niel.
"That sounds amazing... start everything new", said L.Joe.
"Right?... Just two of us. We don't need to worry about anything else", said Niel.
"We're just met and talk today, ", said L.Joe.
"Yeah... but, but, we shook hands aren't we? we're friends now", said Niel with his bright face.
"Ok ok... sworn brothers?", said L.Joe, smiling.
"Cool!", Niel wrapped his arm around L.Joe and pull him closer.

"Yah, hyung... this sunset... isn't it beautiful... ah why do I feel really happy right now", said Niel.
"I never notice how beautiful it is...", said L.Joe.
"Things that we missed when we're living this life... everything that just passing by. How many things that we forgot to cherish", said Niel.
"I don't have many things to cherish at the first place", said L.Joe.
"Well... small things are important to cherish too", said Niel.
"You're such a positive kid, arent you?", said L.Joe.
"Yes! what's the point of being negative? aah... you must be the type who's negative all the time, aren't you hyung? it's ok, it's ok, we compliment each other perfectly, then", said Niel.
"And you're talking too much too", said L.Joe.
"Ah, alright... I will say nothing more", Niel closed his mouth and glanced at L.Joe.

"What? haha... won't you go home to your grandma now?", asked L.Joe.
"I think I won't, I don't want to go to school anymore!", said Niel.
"Eh?? you're lucky you still can go to school", L.Joe slaps Niel's head.
"Really? school is boring", said Niel, tending his head.
"Then what do you want to do?", asked L.Joe.
"I already said that didn't I?, I want to go off this country! with you, hyung... start something new!", said Niel.
"Then what? what will you be in that new place?", said L.Joe.
"Ah.. I don't know... hummmm", Niel wonders.

"Ah I know I know! Let's go to Area 39! Let's be an idol", said Niel.
"Huh? you're out of mind, really", said L.Joe.
"Hyung... I can sing!", said Niel.
"I don't care... that's just some weird ideas", said L.Joe.
"But Area 39 isn't bad... Anywhere but here. Don't you run from that CAP hyung, too? will he looking for you to Area 39 as well?", asked Niel.

L.Joe's quiet. He actually already thought about running away from Area 53, but he's not sure about this kid Niel.

"Yeah... Area 39 is just across that channel isn't it", said L.Joe.
"Let's go there, hyung...", said Niel.
"But first... where do you think you will sleep tonight?", said L.Joe
"Uhm? hyung's place? aah... of course you don't have one!", said Niel annoyed.
"That's right... but I've been eyeing that beautiful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter