Chapter 6

Where The Wild Things Are

Hana and Himchan approached the rowdy boys. As they got closer Himchan went straight for them while Hana stayed behind. She watched Himchan poke and prod at the young boys. He spoke in a slightly softer tone towards them. From the corner of her eye Hana could see something or someone making their way towards her. Hana jumped and took a step back but that didn’t stop the young boy.

 

“Hi Hana,” he spoke shyly. Hana offered him a smile and tried to put some distance between them.

 

“Jongup, don’t scare her!”

 

The boy looked back at the older male in confusion before looking back at Hana through his eyelashes. “I’m not scaring you, right, Hana?”

 

Hana shook her head, “No, no! Of course not Jongup, you could never scare me.” and Hana let out a sigh of relief when the boy’s face lit up. Jongup went forward and clutched Hana’s hands and pulled her behind him. Hana, taken by surprise, stood awkwardly as wild things surrounded her.

 

“What’s it like where you live? Are the females there as pretty as you? What kind of food do they have there?” wild things pestered Hana with questions. Himchan tried to settle them down but Hana gladly answered each and every one of them.

 


 

Days had turn into weeks and with that Hana had completely forgotten what her life was like before she met the wild things. Every day she was absorbed in their lives. Hana would wake up and someone or even all of them would spend their time with her. Hana had never felt that way before, loved and wanted.

 

Jongup’s head rested on her thigh as she threaded her fingers through his brown hair. Every now and then she’d trace a finger along his horns. There were a few dents and scratches on them that give Hana the impression Jongup had been in a few fights before. She was still petting the boy’s head even when light snores came from below. Hana looked down and cooed at the sleeping sight of Jongup.

 

“Hana,” a voice whispered and she looked up as Himchan walked over to her. He bent down and picked the sleeping boy up, holding him tightly. Himchan smiled and thanked her before he walked out of her sight. Hana sighed and brought her knees to her chest, while laying her chin on them.

 

“Hey,” Hana heard behind her. She didn’t have to look to know who it was. The bull horned man walked out of the dark with his gummy smile intact. “It’s been a while since I’ve seen you.”

 

“You too.” Hana spoke in a low voice.

 

“Everyone has been hogging you since you came. I’m afraid you don’t have any more time for me.” Hana gasped and shot up, “I always have time for you, Yongguk.”

 

The deep-voiced man raised his eyebrows and grinned. He stepped forward and the closer he got, the farther she backed away. “I’m starting to think you’re not trying hard enough.” Hana ducked and hid behind a tree.

 

“To what-? Make time to see you?” she asked and he hummed in response, he chased her around the tree. His fingers twitched as they tried to reach out to her, he was too eager to catch her.

 

“What about you?” suddenly the tiny blonde appeared in front of him. Yongguk froze, he wasn’t expecting that. “You’ve made no attempts what so ever to see me.”

 

“I-,” Yongguk stuttered and he shook his head. “I don’t want to bother you. The boys really like spending time with you and even if I did try, they would just cling onto you.”

 

Hana opened but closed it soon after. Yongguk was right; they did in fact spend every waking moment with her. But it wasn’t like she didn’t mind, she loved the boys. They were family and she was the closest thing to a mother they ever had.

 


 

Hana walked out of the bathroom with a towel in her hand, drying her wet hair. Before the blonde could get a moment of peace it was ruined when Yoongi and Jimin jumped up from behind her bed.

 

Hana screamed and clutched at her chest. The boys laughed and Hana grabbed her towel that had fallen and chucked it at them. The white towel hung from Yoongi's face and Hana proceeded to laugh at him.

 

“Okay, that was fun. What are you two even doing in here?”

 

“We’re going cliff diving, Yongguk said to come get you.” Hana smiled and walked over to a vanity filled with accessories. Combing her hair into a messy bun, Hana turned around to face the boys. “Cliff diving? What’s that?”

 

“Oh, cliff diving? It’s only the best thing in the entire world!” Yoongi shouted and Jimin cheered. Hana shook her head and crossed her arms over her chest. “Even better than mud wrestling? And dog piles?” she asked in a teasing tone.

 

“Come on Hana, you know what we mean. Everything we do is fun.”

 

“Yeah okay, let me change into sonething more comfortable and I’ll be down in a second.” the boys nodded and pushed past each other to get out first. Hana giggled and gripped her face, what were these boys doing to her?

 

Hana raced up the large hill with Yoongi and Jimin beside her. When they got to the top, everyone was waiting for them.

 

“Hey,” Hana greeted them with a flushed face.

 

“Good afternoon gorgeous!” Daehyun grinned and Hana punched him in the ribs then something caught her eye. The blonde girl nudged Jongup and pointed to the crowd of wild things. “What’s going on?”

 

“Oh that. Taehyung and Jungkook got into another one of their arguments. Jungkook mocked Taehyung and he ran up that tree. He said the only way he's getting down is by free falling into the ocean,”

 

“And you’re all just going to let him do it?”

 

“Well yeah, why not?” Jongup asked himself. Hana shook her head and pushed past the boys and stood in front of the tree. Hana cupped her hands around and shouted.

 

“Taehyung please get down from there. You’re frightening me.”

 

“Hana!” the determined boy shouted. “The extreme always make an impression.”

 

“Taehyung, I don’t think the extreme even lived to tell that!” Hana shouted back in response. When the deer boy didn’t bulge Hana stomped her foot and turned around to face Yongguk. “Yongguk, do something before he gets hurt!”

 

The deep voiced man chuckled and shot her a grin, “If he does, he’ll learn a valuable lesson not to do it again.” Hana growled (something she picked up from the boys).

 

“Taehyung, if you don’t get down from there then I’m going up to get you!” Yongguk raised an eyebrow and rose from his throne. “Oh no you’re not.” Yongguk held onto Hana’s waist and dragged her to his throne with him. “You’re not going anywhere.”

 

Hana huffed and puffed in Yongguk’s arms. Taehyung gave a loud cry and Hana covered her eyes with her hands but peaked to watch the deer boy free fall from the top of the tree and disappear into the ocean. Wild things roared and cheered on their brother but Hana fidgeted in Yongguk’s lap as she waited for Taehyung to appear. These boys were going to be the death of her.