Chapter 2

Where The Wild Things Are

Hana kept her eyes glued to the ground as she followed a creature by the name of Youngjae. Hana didn’t think he was nowhere near a monster. Tiny but sharp horns poked through his head of brown curls. His baby face complimented his lean statue. Hana wondered how such a beautiful man could be identified as a monster.

 

Hana stopped walking when they stood in front of a cave. Hana blinked and Youngjae smiled softly at her. “Come, you don’t want to keep him waiting.” Hana gaped at Youngjae’s behavior towards her. Astonished, the blonde followed him into the pitch black hole that had lead them somewhere below. A bright light had Hana shielding her eyes. She could hear loud banter. And soon they stepped out of the large cave. Hana stood in disbelief.

 

They had entered another forest below. Another world to the outsider named Hana. The blonde girl counted several other horned-creatures laying around, bickering amongst each other. But as soon as Hana entered their home they quieted down. She watched as some looked at her in curiosity and whispered in hushed tones.

 

“Come Hana, don’t pay them any attention.” Youngjae grasped her wrist and surprisingly, Hana let him drag her away. They stopped in front of a fairly large tent covered in vines and flowers. Youngjae turned towards her, a smile gracing his beautiful face.

 

“This is where you’ll be staying for the night,”

 

“F-for tonight?” Hana stuttered. Youngjae nodded, a bounce in his step. “Yes and possibly for the following days but that is if they decide to not eat you by dusk.” The  blonde girl gulped and ducked her head, entering the tent.

 

Hana scanned the room. The tent was decked in maroon and black. The furniture was sleek wood. Tropical fruits in a bowl were layed out a canopy styled bed. Hana moved towards the large bed and the sheet's silky material. She sighed at its soft feel.

 

A throat clearing broke the blonde out of her daze. A man was leaning in the doorway, he sent her a smile. “Kim Himchan at your service.”

 

Hana admired the beauty the man possessed. Hana was really starting to second guess the men here were some supernatural creature and wondered who they really were. His sharp features almost had Hana lusting after him. She couldn’t deny this Kim Himchan was desirable.

 

Himchan cleared his throat again and broke Hana out of her daze. "I have been informed that our guest needs a change of wardrobe." Himchan said as he eyed her clothing. They almost seemed foreign to him. Himchan walked over to a large chest and dug through it. He turned around to study her body form before reaching into the trunk. Himchan muttered to himself before he pulled out a flowy white dress.

 

Himchan laid the dress on the bed with a satisfied grin. Hana grabbed at the gown and felt its soft material. Hana immediately retreated her hand and shook her head.

 

“This is a very lovely dress but there is no need for me to wear this. I have clothes already.” Hana spoke but soon regretted it as Himchan narrowed his eyes at her. Hana backed away, clutching her hands to her chest.

 

“Really? Where are they?”

 

Hana her dry lips; “In my bag that I left on the train.” Himchan raised his eyebrows at her. “Train? What is that?”

 

Hana nodded, “A train? It's what I was on-” Himchan frowned and held up his hand. “Hana that is information I cannot know. That’s for his ears only but you must certainly wear this dress, no one has ever worn it. And I’ll be damned if you won’t either.” Himchan finished and left. Hana chewed on her bottom lip and glanced at the dress.

 

Hana drew back the tents drapes and stepped out onto the dirt ground. She clutched her sides as she walked. The moment she came into view Hana could hear whispers. She gripped onto the dress tightly and slowed her pace. Her eyes scanned the forest's surroundings, ignoring the men or ‘wild things’ as she had taken to calling them now.

 

Hana’s eyes watched as a figure pushed it's way through the crowd of wild things. Youngjae’s curly hair came into view as he walked towards her, a bounce in his step. Behind Youngjae, Hana met eyes with a familiar pair she recognized that tried to eat her not too long ago.

 

“Hana!” Youngjae stood in front of her as she pulled her eyes away from the beast. “You’re wearing the dress.” Hana looked down at herself, nodding. “Yeah, Himchan made me-”

 

“It looks nice on you, perfect fit.” He smiled and poked at her ribs through the smooth dress.

 

“Himchan mentioned no has ever worn it,” Youngjae nodded. “What did he mean by that? Why would you guys have it if no one was going to wear it?” Hana asked, looking up at him through her long lashes.

 

Youngjae looked down, scuffing his feet at the dirt ground. “We’ve never had an umm female, you know before?”

 

“oh.” Hana looked away as silence filled the two. “But don’t feel sorry, Hana. You don’t know how excited we are to have you here!” Youngjae leaned down to her height and whispered, “I feel something new in the atmosphere, a change perhaps.” He winked and Hana covered her cheeks to hide the blush that crepted.