Meeting them.

My "Unwanted" Visitors

I was walking home from a tiring day  of school and work. Taking the usual path down to the woods were my house was located, I pulled out my phone and checked the time.

12:34 am

 

I sighed and looked up, only to be greeted by a full moon. It was glowing brightly and deep inside I knew that someone in this world is looking at this same moon but is having a much worse day than I am.

I forced a smile and took out my keys to the front door, the emptiness and cold atmosphere hit me like a slap in the face. Ever since Aunty left, I've been on my own for a while now.

 

I walked through my front door not even bothering to lock it since no one ever walks through these woods nowadays. I quickly prepared some ramen noodles and and sat on the couch devouring them. After finishing my midnight dinner, I the T.V. (thankful that I had late classes the next day) and watched reruns of various dramas. Soon, I decided to change into my pajama shorts and t-shirt and get to sleep.

 

*****

A loud ruckus from out side woke me up from my slumber with my heart racing. There could be anyone or anything out there! Also, the nearest police station was miles away!

I slipped on a white satin robe over my clothes and grabbed the nearest make-shift weapon I could find--- A saucepan. 

 

I carefully walked outside and looked at my surroundings, nothing looked out of place. I went towards the back of the house and a low growl pulled me back from my thoughts. I immediately froze and looked to where the sound came from. Right in front of my eyes were six wolves. Six large wolves might I add. 

 

While observing them for any signs of defense, I noticed that one of them had a large wound near its back gushing blood. I gasped and almost dropped down to my knees to help it, but my conscience told me better. They might have sensed my hesitation and a few of them came closer and nuzzled my bare legs. With a sharp intake of breath, I just realized that one of the most vicious animals that lurk in the woods were now behaving as tame as a domesticated pet. I uncertainly petted the head of the large black one; he my skin in response. I silently giggled and kneeled down towards them before realizing that one of them was badly injured. I weighed my option to either call animal control or get my first aid kit myself.

Oh screw it.

I took two large steps to the caramel colored wolf and gave him a reassuring rub on his head, almost as saying 'Wait for me'. I made a dash to my kitchen to grab my kit and I ran back out. 

 

The group of animals were all still there so I quickly found the Carmel colored one and sat down next to it. I beckoned it to lay down and he did. Realizing that he was probably in a bad position, I gently placed most of his body as possible in my lap. 

 

With the damp cloth I brought with me, I cleaned the wound the best that I could, petting the wolf when he tensed up from the pain. He slowly started to ease up and as I finished, I wrapped a bandage around it. He sat up and my face in response. I smiled and continued to rub his coat of fur. He groaned in reply and laid back down on my legs. A few minutes later a white wolf came up to me and pushed me down, I was expecting to feel cold solid ground but instead felt something warm and soft beneath me. 

 

As I crammed my neck to see what I landed on, I saw the black wolf from before under me, acting as a pillow. I tried to get up but an auburn hue wolf kept me down with his paw, put his head on my stomach and closed his eyes. The remaining three, were stretched out next to me. they were so close that I could practicaly feel their body heat coming off of them. Realization struck me when the injured one crawled up me and cuddled against my own self and closed his eyes too. Did they want to sleep here with me? Out in this cold fall night? I frowned but stopped when one of them my ear. I guess they do... 

 

I closed my eyes and snuggled into the warm fur of the dark colored wolf along with spooning the one that crawled into my arms. His fur was so soft and warm that I didn't want to let go of any of them soon. Slowly, I let my breathing slow down and I closed my eyes. 

 

 

 

Kai's POV

 

Those ing airhead vampires! They honestly have no clue when to stop! Chanyeol got hurt again and it was all because of another fight. We continued running through the woods until we reached Yoomi's house. Suho quickly led us to her backyard before D.O. knocked over a  couple shovels and watering cans. I growled at him and he wagged his tail. We all waited for Yoomi to come outside and we let out a sigh of relief.

 

Just a few minutes too soon.

 

She soon came out with a pan in her hands as a defense tool. Oh our baby is just to cute! Sehun let out a quiet growl before realizing who it was, that idiot. She turned around with her eyes widening in fear. When her eyes fell on Chanyeol, Yoomi almost dropped to her knees to help him, but stopped. 

 

We all sensed her hesitation and Baekhyun, Sehun and I went to nuzzle her bare legs. I can't belive that she really does wear shorts that are this short! There could be any erts who enjoy looking at her like this (A.K.A me)

 

Yoomi petted my head and I eagerly nipped at her thigh in response, missing this skinship. A faint smile appeared on her lips and then her gaze landed back on Chanyeol. She took two large steps with her beautiful runner's legs and gave him a reassuring rub on his head and ran back into her kitchen. Moments later, she came back with a kit and wet cloth in her hand. Then, she started to tend to his wounds. 

 

After she was done, Chanyeol stood up and her face as she rubbed his sheer coat. My eyes softened at her down to earth gestures towards us. For a moment, I saw the little girl she used to be, running around and pulling on Suho's tail. 

 

Speaking of Suho, he came up to Yoomi and pushed her down so she landed on my back as a pillow. Baekhyun put a paw on her shoulder when she tried to get up and put his head on her flat little tummy. Chanyeol then caught on and crawled into her arms. All of a sudden, I could see the lightbulb going off in her head. She frowned a little but nevertheless, buried he face in my fur and cuddled with Chanyeol. 

 

I let out a sigh of content and closed my eyes into dreamland.

****

Yoomi POV

 

A few hours later, I fluttered my eyes open and saw that I was perfectly safe in my bed. A frown plastered my face as I looked for any evidence of last night. I checked my robe for grass-stains, but it was pure white. I ran downstairs and out the door to look for my first aidkit. 

 

BAM!

 

If mutes could talk, I would have yelled the loudest shriek possible. Unfortunately, that kind of world doesn't exist. Instead, I gasped and tried to prevent tears from flowing down my face. 

 

My left foot just knocked into the saucepan that I brought out to wack the intruder with. I already started to see it swell and dropped down to coax it the best I could. 

 

At least I know that last night definitely did happen. But, wasn't I wearing shorts to bed? I wonder why I'm wearing sweatpants now... Owww my foot really hurts! I dragged myself through the doorway and started making breakfast and grabbing a pack of ice while I was at it. 

 

Half an hour later, I was out the door with my backpack and lunch when I saw a rustle in the woods near a few pinetrees. I squinted my eyes and came closer when a reddish wolf came into view and I gasped in delight. I remember him/her from last night! I smiled and rubbed his back. 

 

Glancing at my watch, I saw that I would be late to class if I took any longer. I sighed and hoped that he knew that I would stay with him if I could. I waved goodbye and pecked the top of him head and walked away. 

 

 

Moments after Yoomi left, Baekhyun switched back into his human form and smiled like an idiot. 

 "Yoomi, Sweetie, here we come." He whispered and ran to get changed.