Chapter 30

Soulmate

Lunch came, Sehun walked into the cafeteria to see Reinie sitting along with her groups of friends except this time round, there’s a guy sitting next to her. *Who’s that guy? I hadn't seen him around..* Sehun frowned at the sight of Hongbin.

‘Whats wrong?’ Baekhyun questioned Sehun who wasn’t moving while the others were already in line queueing for food. Sehun shook his head then headed towards where the others were.

Exo-K grabbed their lunch and sat on a empty table. They were chatting among themselves while enjoying their lunch. Sehun briefly laughed a little at what D.O said and took a look towards Reinie’s table again to see her laughing along with the guy beside her. Sehun's eyebrow twitched as he felt a slight displease stirring in his heart *What's so funny? You never even smile at me when we first meet. Bias* Sehun looked away and continued his lunch.

Reinie was chatting along with Hongbin and her group of friends when she realised Sehun hadn't texted her ever since lunch started. *Where are you?* Reinie frowned when there wasn’t any vibration on her handphone. Usually, Sehun would have texted her back.

*Is he too far away to hear me?* Reinie casually glanced around while looking for sight of Sehun.

‘What are you looking for?’ Hongbin asked when he noticed Reinie was looking around.

‘Huh? Oh.. erm’ Just then Reinie’s phone vibrated, she instantly looked away from Hongbin and unlocked her phone.

 

From: Sehun

Finally looking for me? Having fun with new friend huh? By the way, reply, Im too far away.

 

*No wonder* Reinie quickly replied, forgetting about Hongbin by the side.

 

From: Reinie

No, why would I look for you? Yeah, you’re the one that ask me to try accepting my friends. Im doing it now.

 

Reinie sent the message and looked up to find Hongbin still waiting for her answer. ‘Oh its nothing. I just thought I saw something. You should eat’ she casually spoke as she made up an excuse.

 

Reinie was about to pick up her spoon to eat when she sneezed again. ‘You alright? You’ve been sneezing since just now’ Hongbin put down his utensils and worriedly looked at Reinie.

‘Im fine, just being sensitive today I guess’ she pointed at her nose, wrinkled her nose a bit and laughed.  Another vibration from her phone disrupted her attention and she instantly looked away from Hongbin again.

 

From: Sehun

Did you take some cold medicine like I asked you to?

 

From: Reinie

No, I’ll be fine. Its nothing serious

 

Reinie shook her head and locked her screen up *Is he really a guy? He seemed more like an ahjumma to me.*

Sehun on the other hand just sighed and continued eating after reading Reinie’s text. *Stubborn girl, she just wouldn’t listen unless I force her to take. I guess I'll just have to finish this quickly and popped by the nurse room later.*

Sehun was about to continue his lunch when Reinie’s voice was heard *Help!* the next moment Exo-K knew, Sehun had already dropped his utensils and rushed out of his seat.

 

Reinie had just stepped out of her seat when she felt her head spun, her whole body weakened. Right before she could collapse on the floor, a pair of hands carried her off the ground. ‘Reinie!’ her friends called out in their seat while Hongbin stood up from his seat immediately. *How? Who?* Reinie tried focusing her eyes to see Sehun in front of her ‘Sehun?’ she called out, unsure.

‘You’re stubborn, really stubborn’ Sehun hissed lowly in anger before he carried her out of the cafeteria despite the stares and gasps from students in the cafeteria.

One of Reinie’s friends pointed towards the direction Sehun and Reinie had left ‘Se-sehun, did you see that? Did Sehun just carry Reinie away?’ she asked in disbelief.

The other friend of Reinie’s just nodded ‘Y-yeah, are they together?’ her friends were slightly startled about the situation.

*Who is he?* Hongbin wanted to follow along as well but he thought it would be wiser for him to stay from the way his classmates were talking about the guy who had just taken Reinie away.

Exo-K on the other side was amused by the scene. ‘Is that really our maknae?’ Chanyeol looked at the others, seemly thinking that the situation was unbelievable as well. 

‘Looks like our maknae has really grown up’ Baekhyun chuckled and continued his food while the other laughed ‘he did change a lot’ Suho nodded in agreement.

Reinie weakly struggled against Sehun when they head out of the cafeteria, ‘where are you taking me too? Let me down’

‘Don’t, Im already pissed enough. Don’t push it further’ Sehun hissed as he gave Reinie a look that made her quiet down instantly.

*Sehun..* Reinie was startled by his tone of voice, Sehun hadn't once shown her this side of him.

Sehun of course could hear how startled Reinie was but he wasn’t going to soften down. Reinie had put her health in danger, that wasn’t what he could give in to. He continued walking towards the health room without looking at Reinie, afraid that he would give in to her once he met her eyes.

Once, they arrived at the healthroom, Sehun placed Reinie on the bed before looking for the nurse. ‘Nurse?’ he looked around but the nurse was nowhere in sight. 

‘Im really ok-’ Reinie attempted to assure Sehun only to receive a glare from him and quieten down again. *He’s really scary when he’s angry..*

Reinie watched as Sehun measured her temperature against his own one and cussed something about her having slight fever before he went and looked through the cabinet of medicines. Sehun browsed through the cabinet and pulled out a bottle of medicine needed to reduce fever. Sehun took 2 tablets out and put the bottle back. ‘Eat it’ he placed the medicine on Reinie’s palm along with a cup of water he managed to get at the water tank by the side of the table.

Reinie didn’t argue this time nor did she spoke any word, she just obediently took the medicine and swallowed it up along with the water given. ‘There, Im fine now’ she was about to get off the bed when Sehun stopped her. ‘Rest here, you’re not going anywhere when you’re having fever now.’

‘But I-’ Reinie was about to argue when Sehun narrowed his eyes at her ‘you wouldn’t be here if you listen to me and take some cold medicine when we came to school.’

‘Fine fine, I’ll rest here’ Reinie reluctantly lie down on the bed ‘you can go now’ she turned her back against him.